I want an Aeria Clock
89%70 Votes
No, I already have a clock
10%8 Votes
Total Votes :: 78 Votes

andaro

Rank 5.1
andaro
PostedMar 07, 2015 7:15 pm   Last edited by andaro on Mar 07, 2015 7:45 pm. Edited 3 times in total

Aeria Time - Synchronize!

An "Official" Aeria Clock to end all disputes
Hello folks,

Today I would like to make a proposal to the company, for an "Official Aeria Clock".

The problem - In the past, and after a current issue, and looking towards the future, there have been times when promotions or events may have gone wrong because players and staff alike either did not understand what Time was being used to run on. In the past we generally instructed players that "Aeria Time" was "Shoutbox Time" because the shoutbox time is generated by the web servers, which were in Pacific Time or PST, while the game servers operate in Eastern Time or EST.

Players may have missed an event or a promotion because they did not understand what time the event or promotion started due to a difference in their own time zone. Likewise, advertisement notices for promotions may not have been updated to correctly reflect "Daylight Savings Time" and may have been launched early or later, causing players to miss out on opportunities.

The Solution!

I would like for Aeria to consider placing a "Clock Widget" on each games website, and make this a default inclusion for new generated websites. The clock widget would be sanctioned as the "Official Time of Aeria Games" for which all promotions and events would be scheduled by. This will allow all players and staff to achieve synchronization with each other and ensure that no one misses an event or promotion because they simply "didn't know".

Here is an example of where this clock may be located, although I'm sure our awesome art designers can design a better looking one.

If you support this idea, please post up support!
Please reach out to your friends & fellow gamers & guild mates here at Aeria & request they post up support too! Comments, Suggestions, Feedback welcome & requested!

If a GM should happen to read this, please discuss this with fellow staff members.
It very well could be a useful addition to the website for everyone.

Sincerely,

Andy

"Every great thing begins with a single tiny seed. Help it grow!" - Magi Lune
Advertisement

Synapseudo

Rank 3
Synapseudo
PostedMar 07, 2015 7:27 pm
I think this would be neat, maybe you could even place it next to the AP balance since I think those buttons always appear on every page or so.

Would save me the trouble of going to google to find out what the time is in EST, etc..

IGN: Synapseudo (Guardian/Bard) Level 70
Guild Leader of [Meow], Siren

justinfong8

EOS Founder
City of the Great Divine Leader Korea, North
PostedMar 07, 2015 7:28 pm   Last edited by justinfong8 on Mar 07, 2015 9:55 pm. Edited 1 time in total
I support this!

The current time situation used by Aeria are awful.

Shoutbox is at Pacific time, but did not get changed for the "fall backwards" thing, and is therefore currently still at what is called Mountain Time. Meanwhile, the game (or at least Aura Kingdom) is correctly placed at Eastern time. Shoutbox time must be manually changed in order to reflect daylight savings changes. A universal clock will disable the need for any changing (if not pegged to a physical location).

I propose universally using UTC+1 (CET), or German time, for the convenience of the Aeria staff.

If the time must be pegged to a physical location to work, in accordance with my suggestion in the line above, the following countries could be used, since they do not have any daylight savings but still use UTC+1:

• Algeria
  • Angola
  • Benin
  • Cameroon
  • Central African Republic
  • Chad
  • Republic of the Congo
  • Democratic Republic of the Congo
  • Equatorial Guinea
  • Gabon
  • Niger
  • Nigeria
  • Tunisia

andaro

Rank 5.1
andaro
PostedMar 07, 2015 7:37 pm
Synapseudo wrote:
I think this would be neat, maybe you could even place it next to the AP balance since I think those buttons always appear on every page or so.

Would save me the trouble of going to google to find out what the time is in EST, etc..  

Something like this, I actually like this suggestion more, it looks cleaner.

LucidTears

Founder: Dragomon Hunter
LucidTears
PostedMar 07, 2015 7:40 pm
I support this idea since I have also thought of having a clock displayed on the site or even in the games to assist players. Smile

I was thinking two clocks can be displayed: one for the individual's time in their location and a clock that displays the time that Aeria Games follows. Another idea is to have a down arrow icon to click and select other timezones, so the player can view the current time in different places.

Click here to view my alternative way to earning Aeria Points! Please click here to read/support my suggestions for Eden Eternal!

andaro

Rank 5.1
andaro
PostedMar 07, 2015 7:41 pm
justinfong8 wrote:

Shoutbox is at Pacific time, but did not get changed for the "fall backwards" thing, and is therefore currently still at what is called Mountain Time. Meanwhile, the game is correctly placed at Eastern time. Shoutbox time must be manually changed in order to reflect daylight savings changes.  

Thank you for that correction. Petition OP edited for correctness.
Lets spread the word!

jTiKey

Rank 4
jTiKey
PostedMar 07, 2015 7:46 pm
You are here 6000+ posts and still don't see that aeria doesn't optimize anything. -_-

andaro

Rank 5.1
andaro
PostedMar 07, 2015 7:50 pm
jTiKey wrote:
You are here 6000+ posts and still don't see that aeria doesn't optimize anything. -_-  

On the contrary, I am here 8 years running and have seen many many changes.

Do you support this idea?

jTiKey

Rank 4
jTiKey
PostedMar 07, 2015 7:55 pm
andaro wrote:
jTiKey wrote:

On the contrary, I am here 8 years running and have seen many many changes.

Do you support this idea?  

This is smth Aeria should've done ages ago, so yeah.

HerEveryWish

Rank 0
HerEveryWish
PostedMar 07, 2015 8:01 pm
Well, I am new to the whole "Aeria" thing but, with this I see a relief for some. So, you have my support even if I am a random. And lovely group by the way. Joining.