Dai.Kaioshin

Rank 0
Dai.Kaioshin
PostedNov 23, 2014 10:56 am

ballanced arenas and max fortifications

crazy but makes sense
was thinking today during the last arena that participated ..... it would be interesting if there were some kind of limit for fortification of items, for example, I am full +9 lvl 40, and is not much if u compare with other players, as most lvl 40 players are in this range, +6 to +9 .... but sometimes a player enters full +18 and carry the arena alone, including the last boss, it should be difficult to kill due to its high score removal then why not make a level limit for fortification, my suggestion would be, max lvl 1 to 30 +6, lvl 31 to 40 max +9, lvl 41 to 60 max +12, max lvl 61 to 70 max +15, lvl 80 or higher +18.... would be more balanced arenas ... and possibly revive many arenas that are dead today like 30, 50 and 60.

With this solution there would be people who can think, I'll get my account lvl 80 and make all items +18, to prevent this, could be done something about the level of the items and its maximum fortification, I've seen games that have this system, depending on the level of the item, maximum that can be fortified would be 'X' times.
Advertisement

infernape276

Rank 3
infernape276
PostedNov 23, 2014 11:03 am

Re: ballanced arenas and max fortifications

crazy but makes sense
Dai.Kaioshin wrote:
was thinking today during the last arena that participated ..... it would be interesting if there were some kind of limit for fortification of items, for example, I am full +9 lvl 40, and is not much if u compare with other players, as most lvl 40 players are in this range, +6 to +9 .... but sometimes a player enters full +18 and carry the arena alone, including the last boss, it should be difficult to kill due to its high score removal then why not make a level limit for fortification, my suggestion would be, max lvl 1 to 30 +6, lvl 31 to 40 max +9, lvl 41 to 60 max +12, max lvl 61 to 70 max +15, lvl 80 or higher +18.... would be more balanced arenas ... and possibly revive many arenas that are dead today like 30, 50 and 60.

With this solution there would be people who can think, I'll get my account lvl 80 and make all items +18, to prevent this, could be done something about the level of the items and its maximum fortification, I've seen games that have this system, depending on the level of the item, maximum that can be fortified would be 'X' times.  

Thats all well and good but this means Aeria gets less money.

If you were a company, and a chance arose to make less money, would you take it?

I wouldn't.

Element.Ag

Rank 0
Element.Ag
PostedNov 23, 2014 11:08 am
I don't mean to be the cynic, but this is never going to happen. As long as there are players willing to spend absurd amounts of money to deck out their characters, nothing will change.

X-Legend and Aeria have proven multiple times that they could care less about game quality.

Dai.Kaioshin

Rank 0
Dai.Kaioshin
PostedNov 23, 2014 11:10 am

crazy but makes sense
infernape276 wrote:

If you were a company, and a chance arose to make less money, would you take it?

I wouldn't.  

not exatly..... since more players will play at low lvl arenas to get their pvp sets and grow to high lvls, at high lvls ull need to make it +18 anyway... and they will get money as they get now, im an AP user, i just dont put lots of AP monthly.... anyway... to make one char full +18 its around 300k, ppl dont have so much time to get this much, and they will need to use AP sometime. its a possibility to get less money from players, but its possible to get some new players that cant afford that much, also, you can get some players that quit the game to come back again. Also you those who put a lvl 30 or 40 char +18 will use this money other way.... they can make another high lvl char +18..... this way ppl will stop quit arenas, thats annoing... i never quit it but sometimes its just impossible to play with 1 member on ur team vs 5 on other team.... ah, i just forgot.... lvl 40 arena is all about whitesand, i remember the time when this lvl bracket had 2 or 3 elf arena at same time!

Im one person who quit this game, and back few days ago! and this game lost many players.... if u compare with other games like WoW or L2, they always have lots of players, even Tibia... a **** old game that always have lots of players.... that means something!!

infernape276

Rank 3
infernape276
PostedNov 23, 2014 11:23 am

crazy but makes sense
Dai.Kaioshin wrote:
infernape276 wrote:

I wouldn't.  

not exatly..... since more players will play at low lvl arenas to get their pvp sets and grow to high lvls, at high lvls ull need to make it +18 anyway... and they will get money as they get now, im an AP user, i just dont put lots of AP monthly.... anyway... to make one char full +18 its around 300k, ppl dont have so much time to get this much, and they will need to use AP sometime. its a possibility to get less money from players, but its possible to get some new players that cant afford that much, also, you can get some players that quit the game to come back again. Also you those who put a lvl 30 or 40 char +18 will use this money other way.... they can make another high lvl char +18..... this way ppl will stop quit arenas, thats annoing... i never quit it but sometimes its just impossible to play with 1 member on ur team vs 5 on other team.... ah, i just forgot.... lvl 40 arena is all about whitesand, i remember the time when this lvl bracket had 2 or 3 elf arena at same time!

Im one person who quit this game, and back few days ago! and this game lost many players.... if u compare with other games like WoW or L2, they always have lots of players, even Tibia... a **** old game that always have lots of players.... that means something!!  

Yes. It brings the prospect of new players. However, many players do not spend AP for +9. That means thats a huge loss of level 40 players, the most active bracket there is.

The 2-3 arenas at one time was stacking, I'm afraid thats a totally other topic that is extremely controversial.

Not to mention, all those people who have level 40's that are maxed out? What happens to them? If it knocks all their forts to +9 they need to be compensated and Aeria will not do that. If it levels them to 41 there will be war. It is too late, as Element said, for this to happen as it will annoy too many people.

EDIT : I looked at his post again. Element didnt say that.

Ciega.

Rank 4
Ciega.
PostedNov 23, 2014 11:35 am

crazy but makes sense
infernape276 wrote:

Not to mention, all those people who have level 40's that are maxed out? What happens to them? If it knocks all their forts to +9 they need to be compensated and Aeria will not do that. If it levels them to 41 there will be war. It is too late, as Element said, for this to happen as it will annoy too many people.

+1.

40 Arena twinks are a very large part of Aeria's income. If they leave, AGE will suffer major losses.

Where the hell is Olivia Pope?

Dai.Kaioshin

Rank 0
Dai.Kaioshin
PostedNov 23, 2014 11:36 am

crazy but makes sense
infernape276 wrote:
Dai.Kaioshin wrote:
infernape276 wrote:

I wouldn't.  

Yes. It brings the prospect of new players. However, many players do not spend AP for +9. That means thats a huge loss of level 40 players, the most active bracket there is.

The 2-3 arenas at one time was stacking, I'm afraid thats a totally other topic that is extremely controversial.

yeah i know, but u agree that need to do something.... ppl just keep rage quitting arenas cuz they cant fight.... and ppl like me that need those arenas will always be waiting for a complete arena? also... u can make more demand for AP items by reducing prices if its the point.... its offer and demand, if you think its not enough the money they get as a company, they need to do something to get more.... its not a big problem if you think, lowering prices of AP items will possibilly make two things, first, more players will buy ap to get their stuffs, second players that already buy will keep buying with low prices, what always make ppl happy... im a real state agent, and when u get a transaction or negotiation that was cheaper, they sell/buy faster and the costumer always get happy and back to you.....

EDIT: im playing at 70 and 40 brackets.... and 40 isnt the most active anymore....

infernape276

Rank 3
infernape276
PostedNov 23, 2014 11:51 am

crazy but makes sense
Dai.Kaioshin wrote:
infernape276 wrote:
Dai.Kaioshin wrote:
infernape276 wrote:

I wouldn't.  

yeah i know, but u agree that need to do something.... ppl just keep rage quitting arenas cuz they cant fight.... and ppl like me that need those arenas will always be waiting for a complete arena? also... u can make more demand for AP items by reducing prices if its the point.... its offer and demand, if you think its not enough the money they get as a company, they need to do something to get more.... its not a big problem if you think, lowering prices of AP items will possibilly make two things, first, more players will buy ap to get their stuffs, second players that already buy will keep buying with low prices, what always make ppl happy... im a real state agent, and when u get a transaction or negotiation that was cheaper, they sell/buy faster and the costumer always get happy and back to you.....  

Real Estate Agencies are extremely different to gaming companies.

If you want to sell a house, you get buyers. Maybe three for a house, 5 if its amazing/ cheap? They put forward offers or it goes to auction. One gets it, the others continue looking. And the prices of these houses change.

Prices of items in game are like this. Its all about demand > supply. However. AP is a totally different scenario because you cannot haggle. Everything is a set price and you can like it or lump it. You are not competing for those clays for 99 AP each, they are in unlimited supply. Selling them to people, thats where the money rolls. Aeria never needs to change this because everyone is fighting to get to the top. PVP is what forces this.

Currently, Izio, kyouhei the GSes Sonic and Samurai are the strongest players (Dont debate this, they are certainly among the best but anyway). They learned how to control the market just a little bit, as they understood that they could not change the prices of clays and such. They could however, see what items are for sale at an all time low in Auction Houses and then resell. Thus, they slowly (or fast in one case) became rich. As everyone is trying to get stronger, they fuel Aeria's economy by buying AP. Izio being the perfect example - everyone wants to be stronger than him, even though he is quite definitely killable.

In conclusion :There will never be enough of a "demand" to lower items because there is such a struggle to be the best.

Dai.Kaioshin

Rank 0
Dai.Kaioshin
PostedNov 23, 2014 12:08 pm

crazy but makes sense
infernape276 wrote:

Real Estate Agencies are extremely different to gaming companies.

If you want to sell a house, you get buyers. Maybe three for a house, 5 if its amazing/ cheap? They put forward offers or it goes to auction. One gets it, the others continue looking. And the prices of these houses change.

Prices of items in game are like this. Its all about demand > supply. However. AP is a totally different scenario because you cannot haggle. Everything is a set price and you can like it or lump it. You are not competing for those clays for 99 AP each, they are in unlimited supply. Selling them to people, thats where the money rolls. Aeria never needs to change this because everyone is fighting to get to the top. PVP is what forces this.

Currently, Izio, kyouhei the GSes Sonic and Samurai are the strongest players (Dont debate this, they are certainly among the best but anyway). They learned how to control the market just a little bit, as they understood that they could not change the prices of clays and such. They could however, see what items are for sale at an all time low in Auction Houses and then resell. Thus, they slowly (or fast in one case) became rich. As everyone is trying to get stronger, they fuel Aeria's economy by buying AP. Izio being the perfect example - everyone wants to be stronger than him, even though he is quite definitely killable.

In conclusion :There will never be enough of a "demand" to lower items because there is such a struggle to be the best.  

i know man, this is turning to a kind of fight of ideas here, well, all i said is, they r losing players that could be potential cashiers. and its just a suggestion anyway, im gonna say that they will never do that, but its a good idea... just read at shoutbox someone saying that he will not waste 200$ to get xtals to go arena, thats the point i was talking, ppl dont wanna waste 200$ just for 2 or 3 items, its insane... and also there is some young players that have most time to play, who will never waste money with this... or if they do they ask to their parents, and those parents will not give that amount of money every month to them.... all im saying, if im saying something is.... they need to do something to not lose more players, or this game will end like Twelve Sky 2, i loved that game, put lots of money on that.... for one day it gets closed..... GF is a nice game, but ppl will not wait forever, also i think those who dont use AP, want some.... they just dont want to put lot of real money on a game and cant be able to compete with strong cashiers and those who have lot of time to play.

Element.Ag

Rank 0
Element.Ag
PostedNov 23, 2014 12:17 pm
Dai.Kaioshin wrote:
infernape276 wrote:
Dai.Kaioshin wrote:
infernape276 wrote:

To your first point:
I can assure you that no one in charge cares about whether or not arena starts. They're only looking at the numbers. Arena attendance doesn't seem like its affected their profits to the point where they're willing to make an effort to change things. I don't expect it to any time soon.

To your second point:
What you have to understand is the F2P-anything market strives on individuals called "whales." These are players that will spend anywhere from hundreds to thousands of dollars a month habitually. Often times over 90% of the revenue generated by a F2P game is paid for by 10%-20% of the playerbase. You can look up the numbers if you don't believe me.

This may seem harsh but if you're a free player or even a light-to-medium spender, they don't care whether you play, quit, or whatever. They won't accommodate your spending threshold because they aren't marketing to you. To them you're seen as a liability. They're specifically marketing to heavy spending "whales."

Quality and innovation requires time, money, and effort. Like most companies they are minimizing risk by using the same cookie-cutter formula that many other F2P games are using.