CM_Cryss

Rank 2
CM_Cryss
PostedNov 13, 2014 12:17 pm

Changes To The Forum Layout

Currently In Progress
o/

I'm currently working on improving the overall layout of the forums, improving the ease of use and helping you find the content you're looking for lot faster.

You'll see that we've implemented quite a few changes to the forum index, a list of these can be seen below.

REMOVED:
- A number of titles that we no longer license
- The international board under general (since we have international forums)

MOVED:
- Goal One has been moved to the Mobile board
- A large number of browser games have been moved to the Browser folder

ALTERED:
- Leisure Activities under General has been changed to an off topic board.

ADDED:
- An official suggestions board on the Aeria Games board (please use this for general suggestions, since games have their own specific suggestion boards)

Jellyfish10001 has also been trawling the boards helping to remove out of date announcements, locking old threads and making sure that things that are so out of date they've become irrelevant are gone. So please join me in giving her a big thank you for her efforts!

Please bear in mind that this is an ongoing process (there's still a fair chunk to be done), ] there are still a lot of changes and fine tuning to be done, to that end I would appreciate any feedback you have in improving the overall layout of the boards.

Laters!
Advertisement

Jellyfish10001

Rank 4
Jellyfish10001
PostedNov 13, 2014 12:21 pm
Hey guys,

I'm still working on going through all the boards with CM_Cryss and tidying them up.

If you see anything out-of-date or that needs editing/updating, send me a message and let me know! Smile

wutangmaster420

Rank 3
wutangmaster420
PostedNov 13, 2014 12:42 pm
Great news, keep up the good work Smile

Hypomania_

Rank 3
Hypomania_
PostedNov 13, 2014 1:30 pm
my anaconda don't...

The2009RKO

Game Sage: Twin Saga
The2009RKO
PostedNov 13, 2014 2:02 pm
Awesome news, Jellyfish10001 and Cryss if you need any help you can ask me aswell.

Will be a pleasure to help you out.

Once again, awesome things you both did. Smile

TenshiMarii

Rank 3
TenshiMarii
PostedNov 13, 2014 2:48 pm
Keep up the great work! ^^

Frickerr

Rank 2
Frickerr
PostedNov 13, 2014 3:05 pm
None of those are changes worthy of noting.

To name a few:
- Fix the no notification PM system
- Put a limit on quote in quote
- Fix the SB 83fk bug
- Fix the multiquotes breaking the entire page
- Editing a post deletes your signature
- No autolock on old threads, it's so much fun to bump 3 year old threads lemme tell you
- Using the actual general discussion page built into the forum instead of making everything a subforum.

Locking and deleting old threads is general maintenance of a forum, not fixing it.

Frickerr

Rank 2
Frickerr
PostedNov 13, 2014 3:12 pm
Frickerr wrote:

To name a few:
- Fix the SB 83fk bug
- No autolock on old threads, it's so much fun to bump 3 year old threads lemme tell you
- Using the actual general discussion page built into the forum instead of making everything a subforum.

Locking and deleting old threads is general maintenance of a forum, not fixing it.  

EXAMPLE

This is your general discussion.

Unlock that and move as many posts as you can from the disgusting current GD to this one. It'll help to stop people posting shtuff in the wrong sections and various other stuff.

Although I wouldn't expect Aeria to change to something so professional.

Jellyfish10001

Rank 4
Jellyfish10001
PostedNov 13, 2014 4:12 pm
Frickerr wrote:

To name a few:
- Fix the SB 83fk bug

I've noticed over the past few weeks that the PM system has been fixed, and now properly gives notifications when you're browsing the forums, not just when you click and go to your inbox.

I know that we are still running a very old version of forum software, so as for fixing these other issues, I'm not sure there's much that Cryss can do (in reference to multi-quotes, etc.)

As for general discussion pages and sub-forums, that would require more forum re-organization, but that's a good point - we don't necessarily need locked discussion areas with sub-forums above them.

Frickerr

Rank 2
Frickerr
PostedNov 13, 2014 4:14 pm
Jellyfish10001 wrote:
Frickerr wrote:

To name a few:
- Fix the SB 83fk bug

I've noticed over the past few weeks that the PM system has been fixed, and now properly gives notifications when you're browsing the forums, not just when you click and go to your inbox.

I know that we are still running a very old version of forum software, so as for fixing these other issues, I'm not sure there's much that Cryss can do (in reference to multi-quotes, etc.)

As for general discussion pages and sub-forums, that would require more forum re-organization, but that's a good point - we don't necessarily need locked discussion areas with sub-forums above them.  

It wouldn't be as much effort as everyone keeps complaining about. You already move and lock a hundred topics a day what difference would it make that you move a few hundred to the real GD.