masterwinstonx

Rank 4
masterwinstonx
PostedYesterday, at 2:34 am

State of the game

Built up frustration and a tldr message
So. Grand Fantasia is still running. Let us start with that positive. Our game is not closed and dead like KS or DOMO or in stasis like DKO or LO.

This post will mostly go over things I have heard, people I have talked to and my own observations since I have got back to Aeria. This is mainly pointed at GF, but this can apply to other games in some parts of this post. Any responses to this thread are welcome. I like the idea of hearing other opinions as long as it does not turn into a you suck she sucks we all suck conversation.

Let us start with a simple one.

Communication:

Let us start off by saying this. I have seen mixed actions from the EU teams. Sometimes they communicate really well. Sometimes they magically disappear. Let us take this delay/lag or whatever it is as an example. A week and a half ago Aeria as a whole was getting attacked. A few GMs in other games posted that it was happening so their players knew what was going on and why there was issues. GF had none of that. This could be due to no GM could log in which is alright, but you guys do love that GF Facebook page. Why not keep us updated from there if you cannot log into the site either. Now after that attack, everything got better in all the games for the most part minus GF. Now GF lag seems to be based on the patch (as rumours of that it is in XLs hand now suggests this). However I cannot for the life of me see any official statement from a GM just saying what is going on. If you do not know what is going on, at least acknowledge there is an issue. I have had he said she said moments on what is going on, but no direct comment from a GM (unless it is on one of the twenty lag threads that I did not read over enough). What is so wrong with a GM just stating there is a problem.

Now let us look at facebook communication. I will admit and give credit where credit is due. Grand Fantasias FB page is handled very very well. Specially compared to AKs. You use it to communicate updates and for events every few days. That is amazing. Now at games like AK who use their FB for everything...(warning caps lock ahead) YOU HAVE A FORUM AND YOUR OWN BLOODY WEBSITE WHY CAN YOU NOT PUT UPDATES THERE AS WELL. Anyways Facebook pages are great for events and just for linking to forum pages or posts on the main website. GF does a great job in showing this. Other games....should rethink their tactics.

Communication with the GS Teams. Now I get I am now an ex gs and do not fully understand the experience of this all, but nearly every GS I talk to has built up frustration with their teams to an extent. I guess we were super spoiled with GMs like TenRing and 8bit who answer more than a few times a day. Yes GMs have jobs, but part of it is managing their team (If they are the PoC). Also what the Hard 8bit is still in charge of the GS teams according to the Groups section of the forums. What is so hard about fixing stuff like that. I have had chats with so many GSs from so many games. They are frustrated as a lot of the older GSs who have been around for a long time have seen the communication get worse and worse. Some GSs want to get work done, some want to help with bugs, some want to do certain events and need feedback and possibilities from GMs, some just want to know wtf did you just patch, you have the test documents(If you are not getting test documents from XL anymore, you might want to ask them wtf as well). Talk to your team, a skype group chat where the GSs can read how many times a GM has ignored a message isn't team work, that is plain laziness.

I will stop on communication now as I just realized how long it has run. TL;DR version - You guys have lost your communication. Bring it back. Communication is key with costumer service and your GS Teams. Take what players and GSs say to heart. Sometimes they do know more than you, and you just got to accept that.

Next topic~
Events:

Honestly there is not much for me to say here. I honestly think GF events are doing great. It is awesome seeing more than 1-2 GSs doing events and the forum has active events. The fact you have an Event Manager now makes it even more ideal. Keep up this kind of attitude and event rollout speed and you are golden. Yes some events get stale, but honestly there is a limit of what kind of events you can do in GF. I would also revive an Event suggestion and feedback thread (let us make the forums more active again)

GSs:

I will keep this short. Thanks to the GSs who do a lot of work across all the games. A big thanks to Sam, Ari, Noob and Reserve on GF. They keep stuff going. Also a big thanks to GSs like Lily, Rose, and Roach who put tons and tons of times into their games who are pretty much doing GM work half the time. The other GS's are probably not on channels that I see so I will assume they are doing fine. HOWEVER, you guys need to recheck your teams and do re-apps and a feedback post (or at least revive a working private google doc on feedback that a GM actually checks more than twice a year). I won't go into names, but across every game there is that inactive GS (sometimes with good reason). Learn to remove them when it gets like this. I won't give a name but I am sure most of us know this GS but there is a certain GS from GF who is VERY VERY active in another game who hardly goes into GF and never touches the GF Forums anymore. Why do they have tags, why don't they apply for the other games team? What the bloody heck in general. I love playing tons of games but as a GS we do need to log our main game and help out every blue moon. This person is perm in another game and doesn't even give any GF players a single notice. Just saying...check up on your teams.

Promotions:

So I don't know what happened here. When I was on AK, GF had tons of amazing tiers and multiple small tiers that made me want to come back here. When I got back here....they turned into a here is a monthly tier and a tier here and there type of promotions. What the heck happened. I want to praise you here, but somewhere in the last few months you fell down a pit of drag tiers. Good job to Tora on posting a thread for feedback on the last tier. That is a great attempt at communication, but yeah forums are kinda dead minus a few of us lurkers (once again lets bring the forums back to life). Bring back smaller tiers. Big tiers are great when warranted but for the 100 cap we just wanted charms and more charms and OMG THE EXP. This would of been a perfect time for a small repeatable tier for charms. Later on when more people hit 95+ you should do a smaller tier (with its own bonus tier) for higher lvl enchants chisels and all that fun stuff. The bonus tier can have that new expensive SKB that you want to sell for tons of AP if you really want it that way. Mix it up a little. Variation will not kill anyone. On the note of your BOGO and price reduc promos. Keep that stuff up. I think those are a great thing to bring back that the EN team through away for the most part. Those keep me spending when I do spend.

Combat Shard System. Well well well we dug a pit cuz of this. I get it you guys need to make money and the EU team didn't start the shard system. It works, but honestly it will keep getting worse as theres ton more combat mounts coming in a few patches (if you allow them in of course). I think you should start making them available in other fashions. Designate one as a forum event only one prize. Not some small event, but maybe some big monthly multipart event (just an idea). Also bring back the cheap few day use red wolves. They are useful on alts when us lazy fat people want to move fast on our alts to grind.

PvP:

This can kind of fall under communication, but things like the camp spawning, luring, exploiting, HoJ banning, etc etc need to be more defined. You made a post about HoJ banning, maybe like 20-30 people have actually known about this post. Things like this need to make it to the in game population somehow. Also on the topic of HoJ...lol...might as well ban everyone 81+ as its been happening forever and every single one of them is guilty of it once. Also you cannot RT someone for this without getting yourself into trouble. So I don't even know why this rule was thrown in now of all times. Spawn camping rules are beyond out of date. A refresh with the current GMs is needed. I still got people in 40 and 80 arena QQ about me "camping" and go and find a super old post from Romeu to be all "LOOK YOU GONNA BE BANNED LOSER" (smell ya later much). An official post from a GM (not just a comment on a thread) would at least re-establish the boundaries on such things. Before you do this though. Talk to players, GSs, and people who PvP a lot to get a bearing on what camping and luring really is (as I got a feeling some of you haven't really PvPd in this game and understand how bad it can get sometimes).

I am sure there is much much more I can go on a talk about, but I will stop here for now as it is 4:30 in the morning and I need to eat. Keep in mind responses are very much welcome, just keep the flame turned off.

I did write this post to vent, and due to the fact it just hurts seeing some of the things EU teams have been doing. If anyone wishes to discuss this in private can poke me via skype/fb/ pm on the forums. I do not mind that one bit.

Have a nice day,

Andy aka Desu aka Gintoki aka that old ex gs who should be asleep right now.

Advertisement

zacmac1

Rank 3
zacmac1
PostedYesterday, at 3:15 am
This is a well rounded post that is not for just bashing but too give constructive feedback.

I only hope we get a official answer/comment on this thread

~Semi- retired

ready009

Rank 0
ready009
PostedYesterday, at 3:33 am   Last edited by ready009 on Yesterday, at 3:47 am. Edited 1 time in total
Like i always say it takes two hands to clap.The team are always so quick to lock post like these because saying that they were wrong is never an option.On the other hand like players continue to stress since the game was taken over the communication to the community is the issue.

Its funny but there was onces a post like this that got lock for the same reason, To the Gm's we as a community dont hate you guys the issue is we are made to feel like second to non at times.

Point blank how are we as a community suppose to say good job and well done when dont get that respect.

Please note this post is not based on any form of negativity,the game has come a long way.seen many issues that the team help to fix.

Friend once said its their game they do what they want, if you go spending hard money on a game that trolls you that's your choice.!!!!!!!

No disrespect desu but we have noted your points almost everyday and still treated very bad at times. from pvp to the merge, that stupid final destination step and so much more,even from why the game after ages still has gold sinks cuz plays have too much gold when we were promised it was only for a time.

We as a community dont get any answers because it may cause war.

No disrespect again i stop buying ap because of being felt like p2w and the fact that the rates were changed.Take it from someone who did clays x700 per day.

This is what i also think running a game full time is never easy and it should be noted that we also are grateful for the events at times that other servers dont have and the little things that the other servers don't have.the game is still running because of hard work.

masterwinstonx

Rank 4
masterwinstonx
PostedYesterday, at 3:39 am
ready009 wrote:
Like i always say it takes two hands to clap.The team are always so quick to lock post like these because saying that they were wrong is never an option.On the other hand like players continue to stress since the game was taken over the communication to the community is the issue.

Its funny but there was onces a post like this that got lock for the same reason, To the Gm's we as a community dont hate you guys the issue is we are made to feel like second to non at times.

Point blank how are we as a community suppose to say good job and well done when dont get that respect.

Please note this post is not based on any form of negativity,the game has come a long way.seen many issues that the team help to fix.

Friend once said its there game they do what they want, if you go spending hard money on a game that trolls you that's your choice.!!!!!!!

No disrespect desu but we have noted your points almost everyday and still treated very bad at times. from pvp to the merge, that stupid final destination step and so much more,even from why the game after ages still has gold sinks cuz plays have too much gold when we were promised it was only for a time.

We as a community dont get any answers because it may cause war.

No disrespect again i stop buying ap because of being felt like p2w and the fact that the rates were changed.Take it from someone who did clays x700 per day.

This is what i also think running a game full time is never easy and it should be noted that we also are grateful for the events at times that other servers dont have and the little things that the other servers don't have.the game is still running because of hard work.  

I see no disrespect in your post so do not worry about those things. And yes EN had tons of issues too, but when we had issues at least then there was some sort of communication to an exstent (Minus PMs cuz PMs were lolable at best for the most parts).

And I also still spend AP I love this game and I like to spend. I am p2w as they get. I wouldn't know how to play this game without tons of consumbles and forts. It is just my play-style.

Yeah I can rant and vent (which all this really is), but at the end of the day I will still spend. Not for Aeria but for myself. But unfortunately that still goes to aeria regardless.

GM_Tora

GameMaster: USA
GM_Tora
PostedYesterday, at 4:35 am
Hello everyone,

Thank you for this post. As I mentioned before on my replies in other threads, we are always grateful for your feedback and will do what we can to improve our work so that you can enjoy the game.

Regarding the lag, unfortunately our team hadn't been informed about the attack so it wasn't possible for us to post about it. We were also very busy preparing the new patch for you Smile.

Coming to the big point lag. Several people are working hard on getting this issue resolved as fast as possible,. We have been investigating the cause but haven't found anything just yet. We just know for sure that it is not connected to the in-game content (the lag appeared before the patch) or the servers directly. The issue is still being tested for a solution so rest assured that we are trying whatever is possible.

Regarding the communication and TenRing/8Bit, the groups currently still needs updating. As far as we are aware, all GMs and Team jobs have gone over to our EU office. Personally, I have never had any contact to the named GMs from the past so it would be safe to assume that they are not in charge of any GM tasks, at least for GF, anymore.

We have also brought up your concerns regarding the Tiered Spenders and Combat Mount Shard System before (and will continue to do so. Unfortunately, the final decisions on these matters is not in the hand of the GM team. We apologize for this.

Also, we would love to keep this thread open since, as you know, we do value any kind of feedback. However, as these kind of threads tend to derail, a final step will be to lock it if necessary. However, we would prefer to avoid this if possible.

Thank you!

GM_Tora

Thank you, harukachanz!

masterwinstonx

Rank 4
masterwinstonx
PostedYesterday, at 4:53 am
Don't worry about locks. I got a few GSs with mod powers lurking.

On the note of the attack, how did you not know when every other game knew about it?

Idc how long the lag takes that was being used as an example.

And I brought up the point about tenring and 8bit to just prove how out of date the forums are and how no one seems to know how to change these settings or is willing to.

On the note of forum moderation*I find it funny a bunch of GSs from different games have full mod powers across all the forums but you cannot even give one GS the power to lock for GF. When I see a thread that needs a lock I poke one of those said GSs. We used to have forum GSs but hey they died too due to EN killing them as EU took over so that is a thing.

Someone should either revive a forum team or you should have a GS that actively moderates. I would rather not poke a GS from another game all the time to handle an issue. Anytime I tell a GF GS they have to tell a GM then its hours before you guys get to it as you have tons of other work. Use the GSs you have available.

turtle2257

Rank 3
turtle2257
PostedYesterday, at 6:57 am
Feels like when I first played Luna Online/Plus. Good times, I'm just hoping the same doesn't happen to GF when the time comes :/

AKO2013

Rank 0
PostedYesterday, at 10:11 am

Re: State of the game

masterwinstonx wrote:
So. Grand Fantasia is still running. Let us start with that positive. Our game is not closed and dead like KS or DOMO or in stasis like DKO or LO.

This post will mostly go over things I have heard, people I have talked to and my own observations since I have got back to Aeria. This is mainly pointed at GF, but this can apply to other games in some parts of this post. Any responses to this thread are welcome. I like the idea of hearing other opinions as long as it does not turn into a you suck she sucks we all suck conversation.

Let us start with a simple one.

Communication:

Let us start off by saying this. I have seen mixed actions from the EU teams. Sometimes they communicate really well. Sometimes they magically disappear. Let us take this delay/lag or whatever it is as an example. A week and a half ago Aeria as a whole was getting attacked. A few GMs in other games posted that it was happening so their players knew what was going on and why there was issues. GF had none of that. This could be due to no GM could log in which is alright, but you guys do love that GF Facebook page. Why not keep us updated from there if you cannot log into the site either. Now after that attack, everything got better in all the games for the most part minus GF. Now GF lag seems to be based on the patch (as rumours of that it is in XLs hand now suggests this). However I cannot for the life of me see any official statement from a GM just saying what is going on. If you do not know what is going on, at least acknowledge there is an issue. I have had he said she said moments on what is going on, but no direct comment from a GM (unless it is on one of the twenty lag threads that I did not read over enough). What is so wrong with a GM just stating there is a problem.

Now let us look at facebook communication. I will admit and give credit where credit is due. Grand Fantasias FB page is handled very very well. Specially compared to AKs. You use it to communicate updates and for events every few days. That is amazing. Now at games like AK who use their FB for everything...(warning caps lock ahead) YOU HAVE A FORUM AND YOUR OWN BLOODY WEBSITE WHY CAN YOU NOT PUT UPDATES THERE AS WELL. Anyways Facebook pages are great for events and just for linking to forum pages or posts on the main website. GF does a great job in showing this. Other games....should rethink their tactics.

Communication with the GS Teams. Now I get I am now an ex gs and do not fully understand the experience of this all, but nearly every GS I talk to has built up frustration with their teams to an extent. I guess we were super spoiled with GMs like TenRing and 8bit who answer more than a few times a day. Yes GMs have jobs, but part of it is managing their team (If they are the PoC). Also what the Hard 8bit is still in charge of the GS teams according to the Groups section of the forums. What is so hard about fixing stuff like that. I have had chats with so many GSs from so many games. They are frustrated as a lot of the older GSs who have been around for a long time have seen the communication get worse and worse. Some GSs want to get work done, some want to help with bugs, some want to do certain events and need feedback and possibilities from GMs, some just want to know wtf did you just patch, you have the test documents(If you are not getting test documents from XL anymore, you might want to ask them wtf as well). Talk to your team, a skype group chat where the GSs can read how many times a GM has ignored a message isn't team work, that is plain laziness.

I will stop on communication now as I just realized how long it has run. TL;DR version - You guys have lost your communication. Bring it back. Communication is key with costumer service and your GS Teams. Take what players and GSs say to heart. Sometimes they do know more than you, and you just got to accept that.

Next topic~
Events:

Honestly there is not much for me to say here. I honestly think GF events are doing great. It is awesome seeing more than 1-2 GSs doing events and the forum has active events. The fact you have an Event Manager now makes it even more ideal. Keep up this kind of attitude and event rollout speed and you are golden. Yes some events get stale, but honestly there is a limit of what kind of events you can do in GF. I would also revive an Event suggestion and feedback thread (let us make the forums more active again)

GSs:

I will keep this short. Thanks to the GSs who do a lot of work across all the games. A big thanks to Sam, Ari, Noob and Reserve on GF. They keep stuff going. Also a big thanks to GSs like Lily, Rose, and Roach who put tons and tons of times into their games who are pretty much doing GM work half the time. The other GS's are probably not on channels that I see so I will assume they are doing fine. HOWEVER, you guys need to recheck your teams and do re-apps and a feedback post (or at least revive a working private google doc on feedback that a GM actually checks more than twice a year). I won't go into names, but across every game there is that inactive GS (sometimes with good reason). Learn to remove them when it gets like this. I won't give a name but I am sure most of us know this GS but there is a certain GS from GF who is VERY VERY active in another game who hardly goes into GF and never touches the GF Forums anymore. Why do they have tags, why don't they apply for the other games team? What the bloody heck in general. I love playing tons of games but as a GS we do need to log our main game and help out every blue moon. This person is perm in another game and doesn't even give any GF players a single notice. Just saying...check up on your teams.

Promotions:

So I don't know what happened here. When I was on AK, GF had tons of amazing tiers and multiple small tiers that made me want to come back here. When I got back here....they turned into a here is a monthly tier and a tier here and there type of promotions. What the heck happened. I want to praise you here, but somewhere in the last few months you fell down a pit of drag tiers. Good job to Tora on posting a thread for feedback on the last tier. That is a great attempt at communication, but yeah forums are kinda dead minus a few of us lurkers (once again lets bring the forums back to life). Bring back smaller tiers. Big tiers are great when warranted but for the 100 cap we just wanted charms and more charms and OMG THE EXP. This would of been a perfect time for a small repeatable tier for charms. Later on when more people hit 95+ you should do a smaller tier (with its own bonus tier) for higher lvl enchants chisels and all that fun stuff. The bonus tier can have that new expensive SKB that you want to sell for tons of AP if you really want it that way. Mix it up a little. Variation will not kill anyone. On the note of your BOGO and price reduc promos. Keep that stuff up. I think those are a great thing to bring back that the EN team through away for the most part. Those keep me spending when I do spend.

Combat Shard System. Well well well we dug a pit cuz of this. I get it you guys need to make money and the EU team didn't start the shard system. It works, but honestly it will keep getting worse as theres ton more combat mounts coming in a few patches (if you allow them in of course). I think you should start making them available in other fashions. Designate one as a forum event only one prize. Not some small event, but maybe some big monthly multipart event (just an idea). Also bring back the cheap few day use red wolves. They are useful on alts when us lazy fat people want to move fast on our alts to grind.

PvP:

This can kind of fall under communication, but things like the camp spawning, luring, exploiting, HoJ banning, etc etc need to be more defined. You made a post about HoJ banning, maybe like 20-30 people have actually known about this post. Things like this need to make it to the in game population somehow. Also on the topic of HoJ...lol...might as well ban everyone 81+ as its been happening forever and every single one of them is guilty of it once. Also you cannot RT someone for this without getting yourself into trouble. So I don't even know why this rule was thrown in now of all times. Spawn camping rules are beyond out of date. A refresh with the current GMs is needed. I still got people in 40 and 80 arena QQ about me "camping" and go and find a super old post from Romeu to be all "LOOK YOU GONNA BE BANNED LOSER" (smell ya later much). An official post from a GM (not just a comment on a thread) would at least re-establish the boundaries on such things. Before you do this though. Talk to players, GSs, and people who PvP a lot to get a bearing on what camping and luring really is (as I got a feeling some of you haven't really PvPd in this game and understand how bad it can get sometimes).

I am sure there is much much more I can go on a talk about, but I will stop here for now as it is 4:30 in the morning and I need to eat. Keep in mind responses are very much welcome, just keep the flame turned off.

I did write this post to vent, and due to the fact it just hurts seeing some of the things EU teams have been doing. If anyone wishes to discuss this in private can poke me via skype/fb/ pm on the forums. I do not mind that one bit.

Have a nice day,

Andy aka Desu aka Gintoki aka that old ex gs who should be asleep right now.  

Don't worry about getting banned for spawn camping in pvp arena because the people who sent the tickets need to make a full length of video (not an edited version) in order to get the real camper banned. I know there are a lot of players or so-called lurkers like to lure people to their spawn site and then complain about spawn camping when they are dead. Don't worry about these noobs who like to abuse the rules. If possible, it is better to record during pvp (not to RT people, but to defend yourself when you got banned for wrong accuse of spawn camping) or just try to avoid going into the spawn site.

Lanoren

Rank 0
Lanoren
PostedYesterday, at 11:54 am

I'd like to begin by saying: Tora- While you're no TenRing, I appreciate the fact that you at least attempted to comment on this. However, I'd like to rebuttal to something you mentioned:

GM_Tora wrote:
Regarding the lag, unfortunately our team hadn't been informed about the attack so it wasn't possible for us to post about it. We were also very busy preparing the new patch for you  

I find the earlier part to be highly unlikely, or your interoffice communication between game departments has severely degraded to the point of being entirely unacceptable in regards to an issue such as this. In the olden days of Aeria, this kind of thing was NEVER kept quiet and isolated between the teams only being affected, and all teams would put something out in the event that it did manage to affect their game.

Content is nice, but game-debilitating issues should take higher priority. Keeping your customers informed of any and all severe issues is one of the top rules of anyone in a Customer Service job setting.

Not onto replying to the main post, again directed at Tora and the rest of the GM teams:

masterwinstonx wrote:

GSs:

This is the part that stood out at me the most. As a fellow former GS (having worked with Desu, and a couple of your current GS's, actually) I am fully versed in what the duties and responsibilities of an average-quality GS should be. However, in my coming back to Aeria since the company was transferred to EU, I've noted that the GS teams have been lacking. This is either in numbers and activity, or just plain lack of caring.

Even on the Shoutbox, it took me 6 hours to finally hail a GS regarding an issue, and it was on a game that was entirely separate from the one I play. While it was for a Billing issue, your typical GS used to be able to route up an RT# to their team's GMs to be forwarded along. According the the one GS I did manage to speak with, that was no longer the case.

When I did play GF, after the transfer to EU, the GS' on the channel I played on were largely AFK in-game, or just unresponsive. This is unacceptable. When in-game, they are on duty, and ready to assist players with any issues in any way they can. This can range from advice on game settings, to advice on how to file an RT, to forwarding more major issues to a GM. However, that doesn't seem to be the case for the GS's on the channel I played on. It's also an epidemic that's spread to other games, such as Shaiya Phoenix.

It was also explained to me that GS' have been informed to be less helpful, or have been snapped at or chastised for actually filling their role, which is a heck of a lot more than simply having a shiny bracketed prefix next to their name. Fix this. A GS is the players' first line of defense in any situation, and cannot fulfill their role when, and if, the above is true.

I agree 100% that GS teams across the board need to be reevaluated and possibly reformed from scratch. Give the players whom actually deserve the chance the ability to help you help the players, officially.

AKO2013

Rank 0
PostedYesterday, at 12:55 pm

Lanoren wrote:
I'd like to begin by saying: Tora- While you're no TenRing, I appreciate the fact that you at least attempted to comment on this. However, I'd like to rebuttal to something you mentioned:

GM_Tora wrote:
Regarding the lag, unfortunately our team hadn't been informed about the attack so it wasn't possible for us to post about it. We were also very busy preparing the new patch for you  

I find the earlier part to be highly unlikely, or your interoffice communication between game departments has severely degraded to the point of being entirely unacceptable in regards to an issue such as this. In the olden days of Aeria, this kind of thing was NEVER kept quiet and isolated between the teams only being affected, and all teams would put something out in the event that it did manage to affect their game.

Content is nice, but game-debilitating issues should take higher priority. Keeping your customers informed of any and all severe issues is one of the top rules of anyone in a Customer Service job setting.

Not onto replying to the main post, again directed at Tora and the rest of the GM teams:

masterwinstonx wrote:

GSs:

This is the part that stood out at me the most. As a fellow former GS (having worked with Desu, and a couple of your current GS's, actually) I am fully versed in what the duties and responsibilities of an average-quality GS should be. However, in my coming back to Aeria since the company was transferred to EU, I've noted that the GS teams have been lacking. This is either in numbers and activity, or just plain lack of caring.

Even on the Shoutbox, it took me 6 hours to finally hail a GS regarding an issue, and it was on a game that was entirely separate from the one I play. While it was for a Billing issue, your typical GS used to be able to route up an RT# to their team's GMs to be forwarded along. According the the one GS I did manage to speak with, that was no longer the case.

When I did play GF, after the transfer to EU, the GS' on the channel I played on were largely AFK in-game, or just unresponsive. This is unacceptable. When in-game, they are on duty, and ready to assist players with any issues in any way they can. This can range from advice on game settings, to advice on how to file an RT, to forwarding more major issues to a GM. However, that doesn't seem to be the case for the GS's on the channel I played on. It's also an epidemic that's spread to other games, such as Shaiya Phoenix.

It was also explained to me that GS' have been informed to be less helpful, or have been snapped at or chastised for actually filling their role, which is a heck of a lot more than simply having a shiny bracketed prefix next to their name. Fix this. A GS is the players' first line of defense in any situation, and cannot fulfill their role when, and if, the above is true.

I agree 100% that GS teams across the board need to be reevaluated and possibly reformed from scratch. Give the players whom actually deserve the chance the ability to help you help the players, officially.  

I am not a GS, but I do like to back them up here. Since GS are the normal players like us, why do you expect them to react or give response to you faster than GM? If they do, that's great. If not, just refer back to GM by sending ticket and wait. As far as I know, GS no longer gets paid with AP for their work in GF en anymore (as stated by the new GM from EU) (Personally, I am not sure if it is true or not. Back in the old days when the GMs were still from US, they also declined that the GS got paid with AP, but in the end, they did. It was confirmed by my few old GS friends in game), so they are volunteers and put their own time in organizing the event and help to answer some questions from players. Anyways, they have their real life and have stuff to do in game too. Like running dungeons, leveling, questing, etc. If you have some general questions like "how to send a ticket", can't you just ask your guild mates? If you don't have a guild or friend in game, just simply shout in World Chat, I am sure if you shout in Channel 1, there will be someone to answer your question. Sometimes, it doesn't necessary have to find and ask GS all the time since they don't only serve you, they serve the people in the whole server.

Also, they just elected new GSes in like last month or so. I doubt they will have time to do so again due to the current problems in game. From your last paragraph, it sounds to me that you want another GS application so that you can be a GS again.