mrkoni

Rank 0
mrkoni
PostedAug 01, 2014 1:12 am

Shaiya DEX and LUC

Did some programming..:D
So recently I was reading some topics about dex and luc and I found some interesting untested formulas.Based on them , I made a program that will, based on your and your opponent's dex/luc , calculate your Hit rate and Crit rate, and based on these,it will generate how many hits and critical hits you will do in 100 attacks.I made this program so people could understand a bit better how dex and luc work in Shaiya.I based it on following theories:

Hit rate = 5/6 + (YourDex - Opponent'sDex)/(YourDex + Opponent'sDex)

(Note:I didn't really find a topic that had a tested Luc formula,so I used one that seemed logical to me,please correct me in your comments)

Crit rate:(YourLuc * 0.2) - (Opponent'sLuc * 0.05)

I also used the theory that computer first checks if the attacker hits the opponent,then it checks if it will be a normal hit or a critical one.

Here's the link where you can download my program:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/sxzd1ryi977uugy/Shaiya+calculator.exe

It took me about an hour to get it all done and I didn't really care about design,and since I did it all in a hurry,there may be some grammar mistakes too,so don't hate me for that Very Happy
Your Crit rate could (if you're working with large numbers) go over 100% , i forgot to set 5% as minimal and 95% as maximal crit rate,sorry for that,I will fix it as soon as someone replies with a tested Luc formula.
I hope you guys like it and find it useful!
If you have any complainings about it,please comment.
Have fun ! Very Happy

*Updated link and version of program*
Advertisement

Emilia789

Rank 2
Emilia789
PostedAug 01, 2014 5:26 am
I think you should put this under : General Gameplay