NyanNyanSensei

Rank 5
NyanNyanSensei
PostedJul 22, 2014 7:16 pm

A Guide To Tachi/Bard

brought to you by Rey
The Divine Samurai

DISCLAIMER:

This guide is written with full EIDOLONS & equipment being in game, some theory crafting is involved.
Data used is from TW servers and third party sites.
All data is subject to change.

This is a guide about the new (Tachi , Samurai, Ronin) Class. (Samurai / Bard)
A great deal of research and planning went into this so I hope you find it useful.
I am a stat person who likes to calculate the numbers and look at various angles.

What I am presenting here is a build with the best possible numbers, IMHO.
This is built upon three principals: DPS, Survivability, & Utility.

Considering the innate passives of this class your stat focus are the following, CRIT, DEF, DMG, EVA, SPD
The subclass I choose for this is simple: BARD.

Why BARD you may ask?
It brings additional damage passive, and tons of healing.
That will make you very…VERY hard to kill, especially in PVP with this build & recommended Eidolons / Gear
Also because Necromancer is not out yet. That will be The Hellsword Guide.

Pros: Samurai / Bard

• Simple to use & great fun to play
• High CRIT / Damage
• High DEF & Healing
• High SPD (50%+)
• STUN Immunity & CRIT DMG Immunity
• Range + Melee
• AOE & Single DPS
• Charge skills for 1 HIT KO
• Multiple Stun (Stun Locking)
• -75% Enemy DEF Reduction & -40% Enemy MOV SPD (SNARE & NUKE)
• Coolest looking skills in the game
• Sephiroth Style Katana & Skill Moves, what else needs to be said. Cool
• The OMFG, WTHWT class (What the Hard was that)

Now with all that said, onto the build so I can try and back up those claims. Very Happy

Please click on the link to download the PDF.

http://www.starfyrestudios.com/akto/The_Divine_Samurai.pdf

By all means please offer constructive criticism, I am always looking to improve upon what is made.
Advertisement

phyrowj

Rank 0
Bajos De Haina, San Cristobal, D Dominican Republic
PostedJul 23, 2014 7:27 am

Re: A Guide To Tachi/Bard

brought to you by Rey
NyanNyanSensei wrote:
The Divine Samurai

DISCLAIMER:

This guide is written with full EIDOLONS & equipment being in game, some theory crafting is involved.
Data used is from TW servers and third party sites.
All data is subject to change.

This is a guide about the new (Tachi , Samurai, Ronin) Class. (Samurai / Bard)
A great deal of research and planning went into this so I hope you find it useful.
I am a stat person who likes to calculate the numbers and look at various angles.

What I am presenting here is a build with the best possible numbers, IMHO.
This is built upon three principals: DPS, Survivability, & Utility.

Considering the innate passives of this class your stat focus are the following, CRIT, DEF, DMG, EVA, SPD
The subclass I choose for this is simple: BARD.

Why BARD you may ask?
It brings additional damage passive, and tons of healing.
That will make you very…VERY hard to kill, especially in PVP with this build & recommended Eidolons / Gear
Also because Necromancer is not out yet. That will be The Hellsword Guide.

Pros: Samurai / Bard

• Simple to use & great fun to play
• High CRIT / Damage
• High DEF & Healing
• High SPD (50%+)
• STUN Immunity & CRIT DMG Immunity
• Range + Melee
• AOE & Single DPS
• Charge skills for 1 HIT KO
• Multiple Stun (Stun Locking)
• -75% Enemy DEF Reduction & -40% Enemy MOV SPD (SNARE & NUKE)
• Coolest looking skills in the game
• Sephiroth Style Katana & Skill Moves, what else needs to be said. Cool
• The OMFG, WTHWT class (What the Hard was that)

Now with all that said, onto the build so I can try and back up those claims. Very Happy

Please click on the link to download the PDF.

http://www.starfyrestudios.com/akto/The_Divine_Samurai.pdf

By all means please offer constructive criticism, I am always looking to improve upon what is made.  

Well...

1. If you play in TW it "may" be ok, if you play in USA server, then it "may" be good in like... 2 years?.
2. Stun lock? you know that stuns for actecting someone has a 30+stun duration Cooldown?
3. Just for now... its pretty bad.

NyanNyanSensei

Rank 5
NyanNyanSensei
PostedJul 23, 2014 7:39 am

brought to you by Rey
phyrowj wrote:

Well...

1. If you play in TW it "may" be ok, if you play in USA server, then it "may" be good in like... 2 years?.
2. Stun lock? you know that stuns for actecting someone has a 30+stun duration Cooldown?

His guide is based on theory and not pure experiences. But if you willing to do a better guide, you are most welcome.

dreiigaspar28

Rank 0
PostedJul 23, 2014 7:41 am

brought to you by Rey
NyanNyanSensei wrote:
phyrowj wrote:

Well...

His guide is based on theory and not pure experiences. But if you willing to do a better guide, you are most welcome.  
True, Very true!

BlackDevilx911

Rank 0
BlackDevilx911
PostedJul 23, 2014 12:22 pm
i didnt understand anything , the envoy path build and everything is bad and what does " 3: Break Defense: 25% DEF Reduction (Giving a total of 75% Enemy DMG Reduction) " means.? how ? it's 25% chance 15% dmg reduction not 25% dmg reduction
and where did that eidolon come from , endora is the best for her dmg/crit buff(heals can be critical too Smile )
"5: Poised Laido: +20% DMG (Your 1 hit wonder) (440% DMG on CRIT, which will do 90% of the time)" personally i would prefer "sad love story" buff/heal 3%dmg to stats than 20% poised laido .. i don't know if the charging will be faster if i get 50%SPD i'm still newbie so correct me if i'm wrong , btw i'm almost bought all titan warrior set for tanki build(SPD=faster healing harmony casting , faster holy notes cooldown and MAYBE faster Iaido charging , with high HP and insane EVA[i'll try everything to reach 95%) is there's any better for tachi/bard or it's the best.?(i'm lvl 58 so i didn't tried the set by myself Sad )
EDIT> oh titan warrior set doesn't give CRIT Sad i guess i'll try them both reve and titan sets , i think i'll put all my points at CRIT if i'm going to use titan~
EDIT2>nevermind lol i didn't saw Devourer set before.. it's the best choice i guess Smile crit and eva at the same time , this what i want Wink , SPD isn't that important , high EVA will give me enough time to use healing harmony while getting attacked , or i'm wrong .? Smile

NyanNyanSensei

Rank 5
NyanNyanSensei
PostedJul 24, 2014 10:47 am
Remember guides aren't mend to be "cookie cutter" lol

BlackDevilx911

Rank 0
BlackDevilx911
PostedJul 24, 2014 3:10 pm
hoi i need your suggestions ~ i going to use devourer set , what the best core for it ? crit/hp or dmg/crit .. if there's crit/dmg then please tell me the name >_<
EDIT>or EVA/DMG ._.?

xypers2

Rank 0
PostedJul 24, 2014 5:03 pm
is there any cheap life steal we can get with tachi/bard without investing in a nocturnal?
katar/gunslinger have some hidden lifesteal in the 450 token's weapons, is it the same for all the weapons or just those?

NyanNyanSensei

Rank 5
NyanNyanSensei
PostedJul 24, 2014 7:45 pm
BlackDevilx911 wrote:
hoi i need your suggestions ~ i going to use devourer set , what the best core for it ? crit/hp or dmg/crit .. if there's crit/dmg then please tell me the name >_<
EDIT>or EVA/DMG ._.?  

Bestial (DMG/HP) or Shadow(DMG/EVA), depends on your build

Martial (CRIT/EVA) and Noble (CRIT/HP) if you want more CRIT.

Imperial should be nice too since it boost your Move SPD.

NyanNyanSensei

Rank 5
NyanNyanSensei
PostedJul 24, 2014 7:55 pm
xypers2 wrote:
is there any cheap life steal we can get with tachi/bard without investing in a nocturnal?  

Eidolon's with Lifesteal buffs (i.e Kotonoha, 2-star/3-star Vayu, 3-star Merillee, etc). they aren't easy to get, but you won't have to spend anything. But bard heals can sustain you long enough.

xypers2 wrote:

katar/gunslinger have some hidden lifesteal in the 450 token's weapons, is it the same for all the weapons or just those?  

Only for a few yellow rank weapons. Orange rank weapons can get lifesteal from Nocturnal cores. Classes like duelist has a lifesteal envoy node in thier envoy path.