NyanNyanSensei

Rank 5
NyanNyanSensei
PostedJun 23, 2014 2:18 pm   Last edited by NyanNyanSensei on Nov 15, 2016 10:02 am. Edited 71 times in total

Brawler's Guide Info Centre

Collection of guides for Brawlers + small guide for Katar/Tachi
Hello. Before you proceed with this guide. Please do refer to the guides linked below since basically every Katar will use the same setup regardless of it's sub except for Envoy path with combo ultis.

A guide for making a DPS build. A must-read for DPS brawler:
http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=2427187

Raynee's Guide on Katar (Have basic info on everything i guess)

Ursa's Paragraph of katar/gunslinger (I'm not sure how this is helpfull to other subclass)

Whitekite's Brawler/Ravager (learn more about Jumpcast here)

Guides for TW server (if you are interested. Use Google/Bing translator before going into the link.):
Blackcat's Katar/GS guide
Katar/Tachi guide by fssplay1789

I lay down a comparison between subclasses for Brawler.

DPS- boosting subclasses with combo ultis

Gunslinger
- Dark Flare Trap
- Decoy (You will not going to use this anymore if you are strong enough)
- Crowd Control: Frost Trap which gives rooting and a Combo Ulti that gives AoE stun
- SPD buff

Greatsword
- Burst support: requires +20 greatsword to maximize it's potential
- Break Sword: your zeal proc source for DPS boosting
- Dragon Slash: outwit Katar's DEF shredder
- Crowd Control: Holy Judgement give AoE stun when Holy Burst charge is release
- Awakening: You can defy death if you use one of it's mastery, apart from HoT.
- AoE support: mob cleansing would be much easier

Ravager
- Burst support: requires +20 axe to maximize it's potential
- Crowd Control: Aftershock gives AoE stun
- Post nerf disadvantage: Unable to make use of TF4 proc due to fast decay rate

Tachi
- Burst support: requires +20 tachi to maximize it's potential
- Dash skill: You can easily avoid red carpets
- Crowd control: Brilliant Dragon flash gives AoE stun
- Combo Ultis: This subclass has one of the deadliest combo ultis for Katar.

DPS-boosting subclasses without combo ultis

Shuriken
- Heavy DoT
- Razer Wind: AoE+DoT skill (one of the reason why shuriken is consider broken)
- Kunai Storm: detail damage
- Downside: since shuriken is at it's best when Shadow Clones is summon, it will be very hard to maintain.

Duelist
- Heavy DoT
- Speedy Somersault: DMG+8% when used for 5 sec.
- Sunflower: That CDMG boost is delicious

Warbow
- Blessing of the Wind: your zeal proc source for DPS boosting
-AoE support: mob cleansing would be much easier
- SPD buff

Bard
- Bard's mechanic: spamming ballad will give 12% more DMG from Tunes of March when fully stacked.

Gernaider
- Solar Turret: DPS-support buddy
- Crowd Control: Icy Gernade gives AoE freeze

Subclasses purely for utility

Guardian
- Mirrored Shield: Reflects Damage
- DEF buff: easier to cap DEF
-There's no other skill that can actually boost Brawler's DPS

Sorcerer
- Heavy DoT
- Crowd control: Nightmare Totem give sleep
- Flame Impact: gives burst DMG but the cooldown is too long
- There's no other skill that can actually boost Brawler's DPS.

Wizard
- Meteor Shot: gives burst DMG but the cooldown is too long
- There's no other skill than can actually boost Brawler's DPS

Now let's get into the basics and mechanics that you need to know for a succesfull brawler
Advertisement

NyanNyanSensei

Rank 5
NyanNyanSensei
PostedJun 23, 2014 2:18 pm   Last edited by NyanNyanSensei on Jan 22, 2017 12:43 pm. Edited 65 times in total
Simple Katar/Tachi guide.

Envoy Path:

General Balance type: https://goo.gl/GdkcMC

Here's for Katar/Tachi's other balance type: https://goo.gl/m8weId

General Damage type: https://goo.gl/kzZnAZ

the last envoy points would be for Ulti if your sub is compatible with Katar for Ultis. if not, you can spend it for Brawler's Studies 1.

Gears:
Ideally, follow the gear setup provided in Raynee's Guide on Katar.
Here's a list of some changes made from Raynee's setup.

Lv 50 Meta:
If you use Meira Freezing Katar, any sub weapon will do (For Brawler/Ronin,you can use Tachi of the First Village). Otherwise, use Nocturnal cored blue rank sub weapon or yellow rank sub weapon that have lifesteal (only a few class have this tho). Armors, trophies, and accessories will be remain the same as stated in Raynee's guide.

Lv 60 Meta:
Use Lv 60 orange rank sub weapon with Nocturnal core or any Nocturnal cored blue rank sub weapon. the rest is the same as stated in Raynee's guide.

Lv 65 Meta:
Follows what setup that Raynee recommended in his guide.

Lv70+ Meta:
-Lv 70 Phatom Katar with 5-star rank (Any core that benefit PvE will do) or Lv 75 Scorching Sunblades Katar with 5-star rank
-Any Nocturnal cored Lv 70 orange subweapons with 5-star rank(Lv 70 orange rank tachi in this case). Blue-rank nocturnal cored subweapon are still useful.
-Full sniper set with 5-star rank
-Blinding set accessories for violent element damage, replacing flojka set. Lv 65 elemental accesories are still useful in this meta unless you are lazy or tired with swapping gear.
-Lv 70 Guzigla's Bloodied Tooth for Boss Damage.
-Lv 75 Torian's Legendary Cooking Utensils for violent damage. Lv 65 elemental throphies are still useful in this meta unless you are lazy or tired with swapping gear.

Lv 80+ Meta:
-Lv 80 Ghodroon's Deadscale Dual Thorns with 5-star rank (Any core that benefit PvE will do)
- Any Nocturnal cored Lv 80 orange subweapons with 5-star rank. Blue-rank nocturnal cored subweapons are useless in Pierce-supported dungeons but still useful in normal dungeons.
-Full Lordswarth set with 5-star rank. ATM no Lv 85 armour that is worthy to be used unless the pros stated that there is one
-Perfect War set accessories for violent damage. Lv 85 elemental accessories for elemental damage.
- Theory Hollow Bone & Theory Time Travel Code for violent damage. You can replaced one of the trophies with any Lv 85 elemental trophies for elemental damage.

Gaia Emblems:

- Gaia Emblem IV (Offense). For bonus stat, it must have at least DMG +XX%. The second bonus stat would be up to you.

Eidolon Prayers:

If you love to collect eidolons, this would be a great advantage since this will help you a lot increase your stat so you can cap the stats (i.e SPD, CRIT) and boost other stats too (i.e HP, DMG)

Katar Wep Spec:
Info: http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=2340647

Hands down Left Path would be better for overall DPS, especially when it reaches Lv 60 when Frantic Lotus will get 2% more damage against boss + dual drive. This would be recommended if you want to B2B solo run (especially speedrunning) or run a dungeon with a party.

Right Path is still usable for most occasion though and if you opt for mob cleasing rather than speedrunning.

As for wep spec stat allocation, it's a must to cap "Elemental Resistance" and "MoveSPD". For the remaining points you can put points in following stat; DMG, CRIT, SPD, HP, CDMG.

Katar, regardless of sub, use the same gears anyways. So, it's better to read every available guide and evaluate yourself.

NyanNyanSensei

Rank 5
NyanNyanSensei
PostedJun 23, 2014 2:19 pm   Last edited by NyanNyanSensei on Jul 26, 2015 6:26 am. Edited 32 times in total
Q&A Section

Which subclass is the best? I heard gunslinger subclass is the best subclass for Brawler, is that true?

No. There is no "best subclass" here. Gunslinger subclass is not really the best subclass for Brawler but it is the least troublesome subclass since you can get "more for less". That doesn't mean other subclasses are bad either.

How do I choose the subclass for my Brawler?

It depends on what are you trying to achieve here. For example, if you want to max out brawler's DPS potential, then gunslinger subclass might be good for you.

Can I achieve the same performance as Ravager and other godly DPS class?

For most cases, you won't be able to match up with those godly DPS class all the time. But there were times that Brawler can outDPS a Ravager.  

Are speed(SPD) is important for Brawler?

Yeah it is. You'll need it to cap ASPD, maximizing your DPS in jumpcasting. However, that doesn't mean you have to use gunslinger sub for that purpose. There are other ways and sources that can boost your SPD, you just need to put your thinking hat on.  

Are evasion(EVA) is necessary for Brawler?

Not really. EVA only helps you tank the mobs better and makes you survive longer. Despite that, you need a decent defense to actually benefit it. You can survive it without EVA too, just make sure that you can survive the whole run.  

Are Move Speed (MOVESPD) is necessary for Brawler?

Not really. MOVESPD only improves your dungeon clearing time, gives you less problem when running through a dungeon. So, if you planning to only got for solo modes dungeon or soloing dungeon, it's not a necessities. However, just in case if there's a MOVESPD debuff in a dungeon run and you find it annoying, I would recommend getting at least 150% MOVESPD, just to play it safe.

NyanNyanSensei

Rank 5
NyanNyanSensei
PostedJun 23, 2014 2:20 pm   Last edited by NyanNyanSensei on Jan 08, 2015 1:03 am. Edited 25 times in total
REMOVED

NyanNyanSensei

Rank 5
NyanNyanSensei
PostedJun 23, 2014 7:18 pm   Last edited by NyanNyanSensei on Jan 08, 2015 4:24 am. Edited 9 times in total
Removed

NyanNyanSensei

Rank 5
NyanNyanSensei
PostedJun 23, 2014 8:23 pm
Added some videos XD Not mine tho XD

ThisIsNotPF

Rank 3
ThisIsNotPF
PostedJun 23, 2014 11:54 pm
Why are you guys avoiding the gale tusk combo skill. It's an amazing AoE emergency iframe.

Also, What is with the cDMG +20% buff when released a charge node hype? A Brawler/Ronin can easily cap cDMG at Lv60/65.

And what's up with the multi guides o.o

NyanNyanSensei

Rank 5
NyanNyanSensei
PostedJun 23, 2014 11:59 pm
ThisIsNotPF wrote:
Why are you guys avoiding the gale tusk combo skill.

It's an amazing AoE emergency iframe.  

No, I'm not really avoiding to use that combo. I did mention that it really up to your own preference if you want to use Gale combo or not.

I think the extract below is in the guide:
NyanNyanSensei wrote:
What about the other two combos?
I didn't take Gale Combo and Crescent Assault because it's not a priority to get one. If you're willing to sacrifice 3% Crit when equip with Katar, you may exchange it with Gale Combo node. If not, wait until you have enough envoy points to get both Crescent Assault node and Gale Combo node.  

NyanNyanSensei

Rank 5
NyanNyanSensei
PostedJun 24, 2014 12:05 am
ThisIsNotPF wrote:

Also, What is with the cDMG +20% buff when released a charge node hype? A Brawler/Ronin can easily cap cDMG at Lv60/65.

Depends if you use Crit DMG +6% & Eva +2% SS. If you can't you can choose to get that Charge Master node instead. Either way it still can capped Crit DMG

ThisIsNotPF wrote:

And what's up with the multi guides o.o  

Cause I've lock my previous account, don't ask me why.

If you ask why I setup the same guide at PS forum, that's because some people are too lazy to click the link

gate1

Rank 0
PostedJun 24, 2014 7:52 am
NyanNyanSensei wrote:
Pros
- Tanky (You can even solo party dungeons with the right gears and lifeleech weapons)

Cons
- Squishy

xD