LilianMcK

Rank 4
LilianMcK
PostedMay 24, 2014 10:07 am

Please can we have our forum mod gs team back asap

I have discussed this before with you by rt. Just take a look at this forum alone and see why I want this very useful team back. I am not going to keep chasing GS of any game to chase a GM of any game, to wait for days for posts to be removed.

Lets just give the forum GS team back their powers so we can sort out the drivel quickly. Otherwise these forums will become a real mess.

Thanks

Lili

Advertisement

skull12580

Rank 5.1
skull12580
On the planet consumed by greed. United States
PostedMay 24, 2014 11:26 am
Currently, I believe they have other plans that will most likely be around what has already been done in the Wolf Team forums.

LilianMcK

Rank 4
LilianMcK
PostedMay 24, 2014 11:45 am   Last edited by LilianMcK on Sep 25, 2014 2:30 am. Edited 1 time in total
Well just give the old mods back their powers. They were very efficient so why on earth pass this to other game specific sages?

Makes no sense to me. Takes far too long to chase gs who chase gm. I had a couple of really efficient mods on yim. I would leave a message and as soon as they appeared posts would be dealt with, same day, sometimes minutes, sometimes longer, depending who was on.

Perhaps if these wolfteam sages have power to removed posts they could look at the general forums as you can see as well as I there are lots of inappropriate posts, some a few days old.

I reported a person posting gold links few weeks back, spent ages chasing all sbs to find a gs to let a gm know. First one nothing happened, was still there next day, I also got no acknowledgement from this gs by reply pm that they had passed on to a GM. so wasted more of my time looking in all sb next day to find another game specific sage to contact their gm team.

If they are giving these "senior" sages this power, then just also give it back to the very experienced mod team, one that immediately comes to mind is Ona, around for years, very very efficient. Also a few other extremely experienced and not stuck game specific.

In the meantime I hope someone removes all the dodgy posts on this forum alone Smile First glance I see 8 immediately, some days old. I havent even looked at the other forums lol.

Edit Ty Jelly for getting those posts removed. Now I will hunt you down if on my travels I find anymore Wink

Jellyfish10001

GameSage: Aura Kingdom
Jellyfish10001
PostedMay 24, 2014 12:25 pm
LilianMcK wrote:
Well just give the old mods back their powers. They were very efficient so why on earth pass this to other game specific sages?

Makes no sense to me. Takes far too long to chase gs who chase gm. I had a couple of really efficient mods on yim. I would leave a message and as soon as they appeared posts would be dealt with, same day, sometimes minutes, sometimes longer, depending who was on.

Perhaps if these wolfteam sages have power to removed posts they could look at the general forums as you can see as well as I there are lots of inappropriate posts, some a few days old.

I reported a person posting gold links few weeks back, spent ages chasing all sbs to find a gs to let a gm know. First one nothing happened, was still there next day, I also got no acknowledgement from this gs by reply pm that they had passed on to a GM. so wasted more of my time looking in all sb next day to find another game specific sage to contact their gm team.

If they are giving these "senior" sages this power, then just also give it back to the very experienced mod team, one that immediately comes to mind is Adisa, around for years, very very efficient. Also a few other extremely experienced and not stuck game specific.

In the meantime I hope someone removes all the dodgy posts on this forum alone Smile First glance I see 8 immediately, some days old. I havent even looked at the other forums lol.  

There is a reason behind this change, and although it is a tough change, Aeria EU is doing things differently than the U.S. office did. As skull said, individual teams are starting to give their GameSages forum moderation rights in their game's forums.

The spam-like posts in General Discussion have been taken care of. If you come across any that haven't been removed, feel free to shoot me a PM and I will see to getting them removed.

OSUBeaver

GameSage: Forum
OSUBeaver
PostedJun 06, 2014 8:26 am
Jellyfish10001 wrote:
The spam-like posts in General Discussion have been taken care of. If you come across any that haven't been removed, feel free to shoot me a PM and I will see to getting them removed.  

They used to just get removed by invisible saints with big front teeth. Now they languish until someone complains to a GS who complains to a GM who deals with it if/when they have time.

When our tags were changed from 'moderator' to 'forum GS' we were told that we were to consider the forums our 'game'. We railed against the decision, but, as usual, it had been decided and wasn't going to change.

Now, we're told that EU is giving the forum powers to the 'game GS' for their respective games instead. Well whose game is the general forum boards? Apparently not mine. Again, a decision I don't expect to change.

But telling people who used to have direct contact with many of us who could quickly deal with the spam that they now have to report it up the chain isn't going to go over well. Telling them that spam has been dealt with and to PM when if it crops up again...only to see it crop immediately back up again and be ignored...well that's plain stupid.

meh.

Just plain Beaver now.

zimmey4.0

Rank 0
zimmey4.0
PostedJun 06, 2014 10:47 am

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

God save Zimmey and maybe the Queen

Ciega.

Rank 4
Ciega.
PostedJun 06, 2014 11:25 am
There has been nothing but the above in the forums lately.

"Senior" GS's would have to struggle between in-game, forums, and forum moderation. Meaning they'd have to browse the forum for a considerable amount of time. And looking at the forums now, I doubt they're doing that much. The forums are a complete mess.

Please give us back our Forum GS's. One of the trends that seems to be coming in with EU GMs is "Change change change, innovation innovation, innovation". The problem with that is that not everything needs a change.

Rather then trying to make a clone of EU Aeria, try to embrace some of our own features we have here.

Please.

"Beautify Evil. "

Lyyrian

Rank 5
Lyyrian
木ノ葉隠れの里, Konohagakure no Sato United States
PostedJun 06, 2014 11:35 am
Honestly,

I don't think a Senior GS for a respective game should be given that ability. It really should stay with the forum mod team, as they are pretty objective to most post, and have had years of established guidlines.

I honestly don't see it going to well to have a Senior GS with such abilities as some of them in the past may let things go to their heads to much.

Meh, It's up to AGE/ ProSieben what they choose to do.

LilianMcK

Rank 4
LilianMcK
PostedJun 06, 2014 5:34 pm
And it continues. Lyrian knows what I am speaking of. I am frustrated.

I tell you what, I do not wish to be a GS and I do not want to be a mod. I wish no tags. However I care about keeping the forums clean. I always have.

Just give me the tools to remove the spam, the inappropriate posts that I keep seeing. I will remove them with pleasure.

So frustrating to see what is going on in the forums. I have one GS who is so helpful. However she is one person and cannot do everything.

Off to bed, just hope when I wake up the nonsense is gone.

coduxs

Rank 5
coduxs
PostedJun 06, 2014 6:17 pm
I feel sorry for the Forum GS Team. They basically worked their asses off for years and get a kick in the backside for their troubles. And to cap it off Aeria gives moderation ability to regular GS' which in my experiences is such a bad idea. Especially when you know the majority of GS' on Aeria Games.

If I was still a GS I would be firmly AGAINST Game GS' getting Moderation Ability on the Forums. Its downright stupid and shows why Aeria's profits are declining.