sareiyn

Rank 0
PostedMay 21, 2014 10:59 am   Last edited by sareiyn on May 22, 2014 1:46 am. Edited 2 times in total

Bowcerer Guide

A great build to make you wanna Bowcerer
So, there is a huge lack of bows now since the nerf and though I know mine is nothing special I figured why not post anyways! I'm only level 64, so the final gears and build are still under consideration. Please be gentle.
If you have any questions my char is Vipheiyn on Chimera server, so send dat hatemail!

Step 1: Stats
Attack You should always have around 45% SPD, and the final 5% should come from archer class speed buff. For myself I copied the wiz build here and went 10 CRT and XX SPD. My reason for this being that DMG can always come from +ing your bow, and nowadays getting loyalty points is easier than ever. As long as you can maintain 50% SPD, you can dump anything you want into CRT.

Defence Every point should be poured into EVA. The reason being is that Warbow gets some of the absolute lowest HP in the game, and pumping anything into it will be useless since you won't be focusing on HP% gears. Pumping anything into DEF is a waste too since you will get it from both upgrading your armor and your masteries as well as your DMG reduction class skills. EVA is completely useless without 95%, and achieving 95% is nothing to sneeze at.

So why does 95% EVA work so well for Warbow vs every other class? Well because it has an ability that no other class has. Kiting. You are able to fluently charge, fire skills, and repeat the process while constantly strafing and avoid most red carpets and kite large groups of mobs. This is an incredible advantage over any class in the game and is hardly used in almost any party I've seen and counter to most arguements, you CAN evade red carpets with evasion. However they have a higher chance to hit over normal attacks, so with being a very fragile and unique class to begin with, if you can string out the incoming damage far enough you will maintain a high survivability.

Step 2: Envoys Path
As this is just a quick guide that will probably go unnoticed, I'll just type out which ones you will need and post a picture later if necessary.
Level 1-60Bob and Weave 1-3, Ranger Studies 1-3, Ranger Mastery 1-2, Battlefield Motivator, Battlefield Tactics 4, Blessing of the Winds Mastery (Both), Attack Swiftness 3, Attack Swiftness 2 (Both), Inherent Purity, Fleet Footed (Both), Overdraw

Level 63-70 Ranger Mastery 3, Weak Point Analysis 2 (Both)

Step 3: Masteries
General Skill: Dimensional Chaos. The debuff this mastery provides is essential.
Attack Spec: Callousness. You need the CRT and CRT DMG.
Advanced Skills: Blinding Arrow. Arrow of light is your highest Burst DMG skill and half your DPS.
Defensive Spec: Extreme Speed. To help hit 95% EVA cap and move speed for that kiting.
Tactical Spec: Break Defence.
Special Skill: The Best Defence. This can be swapped for Capoeira depending on how high you + your gear, but you should want 50-60% DEF.

Step 4: Gear
I'm still unsure about a few things here, and most of it can be swapped out so long as you're able to maintain 95% EVA and 50% SPD when buffed with your class skill.

Bow: Dreamers Longbow - Light element or Dark Element - Personally I prefer dark for PvM because I just think Dimensional Shot has more damage over time, which I will explain a little farther down. But if you're super mega PvP you can make it in light for arrow burst. Other than that, you need this one over other bows for that sweet 5% SPD bonus.

Grimoire: Ancient Dwarven Codex - Honestly your grimoure is pretty interchangeable. The main thing you need is that 5% EVA that it gives you to maintain 95% and the stats that it gives, CRT SPD and EVA are what you need anyway.

Helmet/Chest: Titan - It's got SPD, it's got EVA, and an extra EVA bonus for completing the set.

Belt/Gloves/Boots: Devourer or Perihelion's Belt of Exile/Dullas's Biting Grip/Leon's Bloody Footsteps - At the moment I'm using the Devourer bottom and sporting around a hefty 230% CRT DMG and 255% CRT DMG against bosses, so if I can find a way to make up the EVA loss from switching over at LVL 65 your final CRT DMG can be 300% against everything with the right SS's and cores (which will be covered). OPTIMUM EFFICIENCY YEAH.

Accessories: Frederick's Feathered Cloak/Malodnak's Ring of The Lich/Murfeo's Winged Necklace - What's not to love about these little guys? 24% CRT DMG and all that sweet DMG CRT and EVA.
Trophies: Murfeo's Immortal Oath and Grass Kingdom's Medal of Glory OR Ancient Templar's Medal of Honor OR Ancient Mask of the Dark Occultist - So we need good old Murfeo again for that SPD and EVA, with the CRT being a nice bonus. The second trophy is still under debate. Grass Kingom Medal gives a lot of EVA, more so than any lvl 65 trophy. However it's possible to get a minimal loss by switching to Ancient Templar's and getting a sweet light skill bonus or if you can maintain 95% EVA somewhere else you can switch to Dark Occultist for what I believe to be better damage over time. (Explained below)
Cores: For Weapon cores you can have one as Nocturnal and the other as Deadly to reach 300% CRT DMG with the right bottom set. As far as armor and trophy cores go, you want EVA/DMG or EVA/CRT.

Secret Stones: You'll ultimately want to aim for CRT DMG 6% and EVA 2%, and for boot SS you can choose any CRT DMG/EVA stone since Warbow doesn't actually have a Boot SS skill.

Step 5:Strategy
Kiting Kiting Kiting. This is the absolute best advantage this class has over every other one and with having such naturally high move speed there's no reason for you not to. With maxed speed you should be able to maintain Blessing of the Winds 100% of the time.

Your two main skills of damage with 50% SPD will be Arrow of Light and Dimensional Shot as they can be fired with no wait time between charging. Arrow of light is your highest burst damage skill, however people underestimate the DPS of Dimensional Shot. Fully charged the skill will give an extra 40% crit rate from both the skill and Bow Envoy. That means with 30% CRT it will have a 70% crit chance VS Arrow of Light at 50%.

In normal combat you should really only be using 4 skills, Blessing of The Wind, Arrow of Light, Dimensional Shot, and Rejuvenation Mantra. Mantra can be cast while still kiting, and so can your other skills. The only time you should be casting Corrosive Shot is if you're against a self healing boss, and the only time you should bother with Hail of Arrows or Triple Shot is when you're either doing a 1v1 on a boss or AoEing a large group of mobs. Using other secondary class skills is a waste of time and damage. You can use Soul Draw or Blood Seal in emergency situations.

SO! All in all this is a 50% SPD. 50% CRT, 300% CRT DMG, and 95% EVA build, with your DEF and DMG depending on how much you want to upgrade your equipment. Which, I hope I don't have to explain this UNIVERSAL importance. At the moment I'm running around with all of it save for the 300% CRT DMG which atm is only 230% so in theory it should be able to work. If you have any suggestions, improvements, stupid comments, or questions feel free to post below!
Advertisement

Catsage

Rank 0
Catsage
PostedMay 21, 2014 12:16 pm

Neat!

Seems pretty good, maybe ill try this out on my bow character :3
EDIT: Maybe include pics? *_*

noble.blizzaja

Rank 3
noble.blizzaja
PostedMay 21, 2014 1:05 pm
Interesting concept, I was considering going sub sorc for my ranger but went wiz instead since I get life leech via nocturnal core and Koto's buff.

• Don't bold your entire post
  • Pictures would be nice and make this look better
  • About defense points; rangers actually can get a high amount of HP if they take the SPD->HP Speed of Life envoy. I'm an EVA sorc so I can agree it's useful if you can build 95% EVA
  • Rangers are not the only class that can kite. They have the highest movespeed of all classes, but that just means it's easier than other classes. I've seen a gunslinger/sorc and sorc/brawler kite OW: AT party (no guardian or bard)
  • Again, pictures. Would be easier to see your envoy path that way
  • Gear: full Requiem at lvl50 should last till you get either Devourer or Titan at lvl60 (full Devourer gives more EVA and provides a SPD proc, full/mixed Titan is for optimizing both)
  • Weapons: I strongly disagree with using Dreamer's Longbow here. You should not be depending on that 5% SPD bonus when you have gears and buffs that can cover it and lose out on damage from either Valkyrie's Composite bow or Zaahir's Horns.
  • Trophies: No and no. You should not be depending on those trophies for your stats, you lose out a lot that way. Orange Argus is excellent for EVA/CRIT DMG and don't forget about Toto's Shard. Malodnak's Claw is good if you can drop either of the previous
  • Strategy: Don't underestimate the usefulness of Corrosive Shot. 3 stacks of a -DEF debuff to the enemy is extremely useful

Your build depends way too much on having multiple sources for capping SPD. It should mainly come from: atk points, food buff, your party buff, armor set, base SPD on wep (not the 5%), and SPD you get from summoning an eidolon. EVA should come from all the same things (def points, drinks, except party buff of course) and secret stones. You can cap both stats with just those things.

You should also recommend eidolons. I'd personally say Koto or Uzu.

sareiyn

Rank 0
PostedMay 21, 2014 2:07 pm
Bold was an accident \o\ Never written a guide before, and I really don't think that many people will read it. That being said, if I do get a lot of feedback I wouldn't mind remaking it with fixes and pictures etc.

As far as the envoy path goes, I have to disagree with you on the SPD->HP thing Surprised And this is just a personal point, but I don't really think 2-3k HP will benefit you in the long run when your total HP is 30k at lvl 65.

When I say that Warbows can kite, I mean that there is no time when your character has to come to a complete halt to perform the cast animation. So there is no occasion when you'll be stopped and then BAM. Monsters Getchya.

Also, gears are a personal point for me as well. I never mentioned anything about lvl 50 gears, just what you should attain at the endgame. If you have speed covered enough to hit the cap then by all means change your bow. For trophies those are pretty subject to change when/if I rewrite.

The main focus of the build is to keep the 95% eva 50% speed and 300% crit dmg, and a fullcharge brings crit up by 20% to 50% crit base. If you can find a better way to do it then by all means go ahead Surprised this is just my nubby mess

Finally for corrosive shot, it very well could be worth it to debuff a boss x3. But that's about the only situation where it can be useful. And since you now have to stop and sit through the cast animation, you can get caught with your pants down.

So the real question is: Is it worth it over time to continually apply the debuff when you have to wait 2-3 secs between each main dmg skills? I assume you have a bow above lvl 60 as well that you play and you aren't just commenting with only sorc experience.

I admit, my build is completely without any proc or eidolon dependencies. The reason being Murfeos Law. I mean, Murphey's Law. When you NEED those procs, you won't have them. When you NEED those eidolons, they will phase out. And considering you will only be dishing out 1 attack every 2-3 secs since the "fix" to warbow, you may not get the proc you want/need as often as you do.

Lantica

Rank 1
Lantica
PostedMay 21, 2014 2:37 pm
so you can't jumpcast corrosive shot anymore or something?

i haven't really played bow after the update.. pve wise they are really lacking now

sareiyn

Rank 0
PostedMay 21, 2014 3:17 pm
Well, I never really jump casted before, but no I don't think you can anymore.

And honestly even with the "fix" I stay away from the bottom tier of ranged dps and usually end up holding most boss aggros for the entire battle with my build/gear. This is with lvl 66+ party members as well

Kyodok

Rank 3
Kyodok
PostedMay 21, 2014 3:51 pm
I would like to know how much Hp do you have with this build.

Lantica

Rank 1
Lantica
PostedMay 21, 2014 3:54 pm
so far i haven't had any main bows steal aggro from me if it's a full dps/1 bard party

haven't hit 65 threshold yet on my new char, but in general bow endgame when ur fully geared is quite lacking compared to many other dps classes now

sareiyn

Rank 0
PostedMay 21, 2014 3:57 pm
At the moment with no Eidolons, buffs, or food, at level 64 it's 28k. I rely on MS/actually being in constant motion to spread the recieved damage out to where potions and mantra can outheal most of it.

If you really want more HP or DMG you can always rely on a boost from fishing gears as well.

sareiyn

Rank 0
PostedMay 21, 2014 4:17 pm
Lantica wrote:
so far i haven't had any main bows steal aggro from me if it's a full dps/1 bard party

haven't hit 65 threshold yet on my new char, but in general bow endgame when ur fully geared is quite lacking compared to many other dps classes now  

D: Well, the fact of the matter is every class except Warbow was beefed up, while warbow sustained heavy fixes. And any way you cut it in TW servers even with all of the other classes Wizard is still top AOE dmg and Slinger is still top Single Target dmg.

I made this guide because it has good survivability, at least for myself, and a pretty steady amount of damage.