unholysix1

Rank 0
PostedMay 18, 2014 9:48 am

WoW-like movement

Wondering if anyone has

figured out how to use wow-like movement in this game. I'm pretty new and the way the movement is here is driving me nuts.

in case people are wondering what I mean, in wow if you hold down both mouse buttons your character continuously runs toward the middle of the screen. move the mouse right the char changes direction to the new facing. move the mouse left, up down, same thing.

this is intuitive and can be done easily with one hand leaving the other hand for things like selecting skills and targets...and for this game, maybe other things.

the default system of mouse movement feels really clunky and inaccurate in a 3d environment game like this. for 2.5 d games clicking a place on the map and moving to it is fine (think diablo) but in 3d a lot of times you cant even see the point you want to move to. So its either sort of get the wow effect by continuously clicking the left mouse over and over or turn off mouse movement and now have to use both hands to move.

very annoying.

I tried to set the left mouse button to 'move forward' in the in-game options, can't. Too bad that would pretty much take care of it.

next thing I tried was good ol autohotkeys. scripted the left mouse button to the 'w' key. works perfect in every window BUT scarlet blade.

So I figured my best bet was to post here and see if someone better at these sort of things has come up with a working solution since I'm sure I'm not the first person to notice how **** the movement interface is. Mad

Thanks!
Advertisement

sparda251

Rank 1
sparda251
PostedMay 19, 2014 6:15 am
Ehm not sure if i got what you mean but thers the default button R that makes you auto run o.o

unholysix1

Rank 0
PostedMay 19, 2014 8:59 pm

Nope.

Of course there is auto run.

And yeah I've been using it a lot leveling up. I really didn't mind this issue too much until I started in the battlegrounds. The point is I don't always want to run, I want to be able to control movement and camera angle with one hand while I target and select skills with the other one.

I feel like too much of my attention in the game is focused on movement that really should be effortless.

even with autorun you have to use the keyboard to turn it on and off.

much better to be able to hold both buttons down and run in the direction you are facing, let off the left one for a seconed to quickly scan the surroundings then pick right back up running all while using the keyboard to cycle through targets ect...

Sorcerer21b

Rank 0
PostedSep 14, 2014 9:37 pm
Autorun ends the moment you use a skill.

Frostheim27a89d

Rank 0
Frostheim27a89d
PostedSep 15, 2014 12:29 am
Standard Shortcut for Auto-move is R or you can change the shortcut yourself in the options.

You can use your map to make a Auto-Route. Just open your map (M) and doubleclick the place you want to autoroute

sinfulguy

Rank 1
sinfulguy
PostedSep 15, 2014 2:52 am
download HydraMouse and set ur hotkeys to which ever u prefer. You can set holding onto both mouse click to act as a single hotkey so u can set it on scarlet blade to use as Move Foward. Also if u have a mouse with 5 or more buttons on it u can set different keys for it and the program is good for macros as well Very Happy good luck and read the manuals take care and buh bais.