Game Master: Shaiya
- 21 Feb 2011
- Berlin Germany
PostedMay 14, 2014 5:56 am Last edited by GM_Skudy on Mar 02, 2015 7:43 am. Edited 17 times in total
Patch Note (05/20/2014) - Goddess PvP Reopening!
Patch Note for the Maintenance on 05/20/2014
It is finally time to reopen the Goddess PvP map and bring in some bug fixes at the same time. Our little GM bees have been busy removing the dust from the Goddess PvP map these past few weeks, as well as testing it to make sure we would provide the best experience possible while reopening the map.
Many discussions took place to decide which map would be the perfect Goddess PvP map, and after some time, we decided to give up the "old" Goddess map and to use Deep Desert 1 instead. We thought it would be a better choice for many reasons, mainly because it is a nice looking map, there are some lapis to drop (ah, dual lapis...) and interesting monsters to fight.
Of course, as Deep Desert 1 was the selected map for Goddess PvP, we had to make some adjustments, mainly to prevent level 61+ players to enter the map (where would be the fun if you could be killed by 80 players?). We tried to bring some nice PvP elements, such as an exclusive altar that should provide some challenge.
Well, time to stop here, you can find the detailed patch note below, and Aeria Games and Nexon are proud to provide you with the long-awaited Goddess PvP patch, as well as some bonuses/fixes. A new patch will be available in the coming weeks to also add some other features as well as more fixes for previously reported issues.
Note: To see the coordinates mentioned in the patch note, press "H" on your keyboard.
I) Goddess PvP:
IMPORTANT! We remind you that the Goddess PvP map is for characters level 60 only. If some of you use possible bug exploit to enter the map, we will take appropriate action, going from temporary account suspension and kill removal up to permanent account suspension.
Here is a sneak peak at the location of the new altar in Deep Desert 1.
II) Bug Fixes and other improvements:
- Deep Desert 1 is the new Goddess PvP map (portals to Deep Desert 1 have been reactivated in Raigo and Karis Castle on the D-Water map).
- Deep Desert 1 is for level 60 only.
- An altar has been added in Deep Desert 1 (Deep Desert Relic). Destroying it will increase the Goddess Blessing (same as other altars) and usual guards will be added upon respawn of the relic. See the image below for the exact location of the altar (level 70 for some challenge).
- Party Summon and Teleport Runes will not work on the Deep Desert 1 map, unless you are exactly level 60 (you cannot summon characters level 1-59/61-80 on the Deep Desert 1 map).
- Teleportation points that you may have saved on the Deep Desert 1 map will not be usable if you don't have the appropriate level (level 60 only).
- Large Experience Removal Stones can be purchased from two different locations: from a NPC at the far end of Deep Desert 1 (from Enteris or Janetris, coordinates are x=148 | z=466 in Deep Desert 1) or in the Auction House (from Vault Guild's Merchant).
- Large Experience Removal Stones cost 5 million gold (can be sold for 500 000 gold to a NPC) and can only be used in Deep Desert 1 at level 60 (the description states for level 60 and above in the borderlands, which is wrong. The translation will be updated later on).
- If players die in Deep Desert 1, they will reappear inside the veil for their faction.
- If a player is level 61+ on the Deep Desert 1 map (level up or possible bug exploit), a system message will be displayed to them and they will be ported back to town (in D-Water) after 1 minute.
III) Update of the Free Loot Box:
For the release of the Goddess PvP, we know that some of you are coming back and need to link a few new lapis (or are in need of old lapis). That is why starting from Tuesday 20th May 2014 and for a limited time to celebrate the reopening of the Goddess PvP map, we will have a special Free Loot Box available through Aeria Ignite.
- Issue with flying items in Cantabilian (20-30) like benches or NPC has been fixed.
- Missing NPC (Kill Quests and Shard Quests) have been reimplemented in Cantabilian (20-30).
- The Penta Supply base in Cantabilian (20-30) as well as monsters have been temporarily removed so that the Tyros can repair them.
- Professional Blacksmith Runes can no longer be used in Proelium (1-15) and Cantabilian (20-30).
- If a player is level 16 in Proelium (after a level up), a system message will be displayed to them and they will be ported back to town after 1 minute.
- If a player is level 31 in Cantabilian (after a level up), a system message will be displayed to them and they will be ported back to town after 1 minute.
- Special level restrictions have been applied for players using Teleport/Party Summon Runes in D-Water and Canyon of Greed: characters level 31+ can be summoned in D-Water, and characters level 71+ can be summoned in Canyon of Greed (if you try to summon a character of a lower level on these maps, an error message will be displayed).
- Town Teleportation Scrolls cannot be used in Proelium (1-15), Cantabilian (20-30), D-Water, Valdemar Regnum and Palaion Regnum (as they were sometimes used by players to avoid PvP).
- Dual Lapis Level 6 (level 71+) linking possibilities have been expanded to match other versions of the game (can be linked on all gear except Rings/Bracelets).
- An invisible protective field has been added near the respawn points and portals in Proelium (1-15), Cantabilian (20-30) and D-Water.
- An invisible protective field has been added near the respawn points in Kanos Illium.
- Two new Auction boards have been added in Apulune (x=575 | z=290 and x=607 | z=290) and Iris (x=534 | z=265 and x=436 | z=333) to reduce the lag in the Auction House. Warehouse Keeper and Bank Teller are available on these two maps.
- The Auction House boards in AH will be temporarily deactivated to reduce the lag in the area, and to make players aware of the new boards in Apulune and Iris (they will be reactivated after some time).
- NPC that were manually spawned in the AH will be removed as well (Bank Teller/Gold Bar Merchant) as long as the Auction boards are gone from the AH.
- The Bright Emperor's Boots (Defender) and Bright Vendetta Boots (Guardians) have seen some of their characteristics changed: Defensive Power changed from 210 to 480 and Resistance changed from 104 to 208 (to match other versions of the game as well as the stats for similar Fighters'/Warriors' Boots).
- The translations for two enchant items have been modified, as they were almost similar and causing confusion (enchant material for level 75-79 equipment changed to "Beating Heart" and enchant material for level 80 equipment remains "Threemas Heart").
It will contain Weapon Lapisia, Armor Lapisia, statistic lapis level 5, statistic lapis level 6, life lapis level 6, ring lapis, necklace lapis, bracelet lapis, flash lapis level 1 and mechanical lapis level 1.
We hope that these lapis will help you in your way to Goddess PvP, or even other PvP maps! A new random lapis can be retrieved every 12 hours.
Statistic lapis refer to lapis that gives you a bonus in one of the main six stats, so STR, DEX, LUC, REC, INT and WIS.
If you happen to win something that you consider as a junk lapis, please give it to a new player or sell it for 1 gold in the new Auction House board in Apulune/Iris. You might receive a lapis that you don't need, but I am sure that many players would be happy to have a level 5/6 lapis for their gear.
IMPORTANT! Abusing the free loot box (by creating/using multiple accounts to redeem the lapis) will activate our Billing team warning radar. As funny as it may sound, it is actually not very funny, as the Billing team will consider it to be a fraud, and will simply suspend all accounts that are related to yours (if you abuse the free loot box). This will result in you sending a ticket, us verifying your identity, and if you forget details about your account, we might not be able to give you back the account.
Therefore, please only use the free loot box with your main account (otherwise, we might also remove the free loot box altogether, and you wouldn't want that to happen I guess).
IV) Two new quests (AP quests to get AP items with a huge discount!):
Alliance of Light:
Quest "Heal Over" from NPC Thomas Gellan (in Keolloseu, x=1008 | z=819) | Quest available for characters between level 1 and level 15.
Bring it a Potion of the Goddess (available in the Item Shop for 19 AP from 05/20/2014 onwards, once per account) and you will be able to choose a level 1 helmet for your class (NT, +3 to all stats, no orange stats).
Quest "Blood will flow" from NPC Harold Weber (in Apulune, x=546 | z=257) | Quest available for UM characters level 29 or above.
Bring it an Arrow of Justice (available in the Item Shop for 49 AP from 05/20/2014 onwards, once per account) and you will be able to receive a 7-day resurrection rune (not tradeable).
Union of Fury:
Quest "Heal Over" from NPC Baaz Witten (in Gliter, x=1016 | z=1134) | Quest available for characters between level 1 and level 15.
Bring it a Potion of the Goddess (available in the Item Shop for 19 AP from 20/05/2014, once per account) and you will be able to choose a level 1 helmet for your class (NT, +3 to all stats, no orange stats).
Quest "Blood will flow" from NPC Rejud Chronion (in Iris, x=644 | z=246) | Quest available for UM characters level 29 or above.
Bring it an Arrow of Justice (available in the Item Shop for 49 AP from 20/05/2014, once per account) and you will be able to receive a 7-day resurrection rune (not tradeable).
With the release of the Goddess PvP patch, we have many events planned. We will also have several two-weeks events prepared, and you can see below a planning of these events. Details will be revealed as soon as time passes by. Please also check our Events Calendar for full details of currently planned events (including GM events).
Event n°1: Hot Time Event (from 05/20/2014 to 06/02/2014)
For the duration of the event, log in to the game and go to the Goddess PvP map (Deep Desert 1). Every four hours, all players who are on the map will receive a Deep Desert HT Box (not tradeable) that will contain one of the following items:
- Class Item Bag level 2 (contains Legendary equipment for Goddess PvP)
- Weapon Lapisia
- Armor Lapisia
- Weak Battle Rune (24h)
- 2-hour Mini Prevent Item Drop (NT)
- 2-hour Resurrection Rune (NT)
3 minutes prior to the distribution of the Deep Desert HT Box, a system message will be displayed automatically, and you will be required to make some room in your inventory if you want to receive the box. If your inventory is full at the time of delivery, you will not receive the Deep Desert Box and it will be lost.
Event n°2: Tiered Killer (from 06/03/2014 to 06/15/2014)
Details are available in this forum post.
Event n°3: Desert Hunter (from 06/24/2014 to 07/14/2014)
Details are available in this forum post.
Event n°4: Call of Dios (from 07/15/2014 to 07/28/2014)
Details are available in this forum post.
VI) A gift from the Goddess:
To encourage you into participating in the Goddess PvP, the Goddesses of Shaiya have prepared a small Welcome Back gift just for you. Check your emails in the days following the release of the Goddess PvP patch, you might receive a Redemption key to receive a Gift of your choice from the Goddesses...
VII) Join the fun now!:
If you want to join but that your character died or that you leveled up to level 61, please don't hesitate to consult this forum post to enjoy a Free Character Resurrection and Free Deleveling Service. This service is available once per account (1 free resurrection and 1 free deleveling) and by request through the ticket system.
More information on both free offers are available in the corresponding forum thread.
A word from the team:
We have been working hard on making sure to tackle issues one after the other, to provide you the best experience possible. This patch is probably the biggest one we have released so far since the takeover, and we promised to you back in November that we would work on it. Of course, nothing can be achieved in one day, and we thank you for your patience. Your input on some of our ideas/discussions made it possible to foresee possible issues, and to make the game a better place overall.
Of course, we have other projects planned for the future, and are listening to your suggestions that we forward to Nexon when we can see they are accepted by a majority of players (therefore, please keep in mind you should post your ideas and suggestions here so that we can see them).
New patches are in the pipeline (my statue is being prepared, don't feel forced to ask about it) and we will communicate about them when we have enough concrete elements to share with you. In the meantime, we hope you enjoy the comeback of Goddess PvP and that you like the old-school/nostalgic feel to it.
Your Shaiya Team