HatsuneMikuHime

Rank 5
HatsuneMikuHime
Irete Senpai Hayaku O-Ne-Ga-I United States
PostedMay 01, 2014 7:13 pm   Last edited by HatsuneMikuHime on Oct 05, 2014 10:34 am. Edited 1 time in total

[Guide] Warbow Guide - The WhaleSquad Style

I QUIT
Alright, this will be my parting gift for all Warbows. If you do not already know, I will be quitting my Bow, and going back to my Wizard.

This guide is going to be a bit more on Text, than pictures and what not. Iíll try to explain word by word how I play the class, while showing you some pictures of Gear/Stats/Envoy. However for the most part it will be text.

Warbows are going to get nerfed soon, which is a factor as to why I am quitting it, but not the main reason. So for those who still plan on playing the class, it is going to be weaker, so be prepared for that.

Reason why Iím going back to my Wizard is another topic, but for now Iíll explain to you my way of playing Warbow. For the Guide Iím going to talk about multiple things, then show you my stats, gear, sigils, etc.

This Guide is a PVP Guide Only!
1st Reason as to why I out Kill, and out sustain all other Warbows.

There are multiple factors that separate me from every other Warbow. As some of you have seen, I out kill, and out sustain every other Warbow in PVP. One factor is my Playstyle.

1.) The way I position myself, and the way I engage the enemy.
2.) Who I target, and the cycling of my skills.
3.) Instincts. (Aka when to back the heII away, and when to go yolo WhaleSquad style)

To elaborate on what I mean by positioning. In Arena(Excelsior), generally I hide myself on one side of the map, behind a pillar. While yes this is considered ďcampingĒ, I play to win, and for results. (Except trapping spawns, thatís a no no.) I rarely throw myself into the middle of the map, unless I am gunning for someone that is KOS. (Kill on Sight). This allows me to not get targeted instantly, because people tend to do that when they see me, and gives me some time to atleast get one skill off, before getting CCíd.

Who I target is based off of my personal experience. People like Interhigh, We, KatarUngan, PlusTwenty, Khent, KasaiDMG, Mateo, Etc etc. These are the type of people I have on KOS.

Some of you may ask, why not target the bard? As a Warbow, we have insane burst, but are vulnerable. We need to kill their DPS, before they can aim for us. The only person I canít insta gib, but can insta gib me back is KatarUngan. Everyone else is a 1-2 shot, if I crit, so targeting their Bard is pointless.

Generally when a Wizard like Kasai wants me dead, Iíll die. If I donít have a Bard healing me, even with me being as tanky as I am, he can kill me with his Instant thunder combo. As a class that lacks a gap closing skill/range stun, Wizards are our primary concern.

Instincts are a bit tricky. I generally am capable of picking the right time to go Ham, and knowing when I need to get the F back. Knowing the limit of your character, as well as knowing what other classes are capable of, is a factor.

Of course, this mainly comes from experience with playing games for a decade and a half; I can come up with the best choice for a situation very quickly.

Which is why, even if you copy my Gear, stats, envoy, etc, donít get discouraged if you canít mimic what I do. Keep playing/practicing and youíll eventually get there.

2nd Reason
Rotation:

Probably one of the more asked questions I get is, ďWhat is my rotation?Ē

Well it depends on the situation, which is why I stated, I come up with the right move on the spot, instead of pre thinking it. Generally in 50v50, I start off with Hail, and back up for another volley. I make sure to keep my Ballad stack up, and I always watch my health, and who my next target is.

For single target, my combo is. Jump -> Charge Triple shot -> Jump -> Let go -> Do a non-charged corrosive.

You need to jump cast as a Warbow, for multiple reasons.
1.) So you can keep moving.
2.) So you can throw in auto attacks
3.) So you can try to get behind them.

Many people believe you need a Holy/Dark bow to be ďOPĒ. If you noticed, I never mentioned Arrow of Light, or Dimensional in my Rotation. Thanks to doing some testing with Whales, I figured out these two skills suck. I stood still, he ran around me in a circle, while I did arrow of light, and dimensional. Not once did I hit him.

The way this applies to PVP, people are moving, and jumping around. Chance of you hitting either of those two skills are extremely low, you best option is to do my single target combo, or wait for hail. The only times Iíll use Arrow/Dimensional, are on stationary targets, targets that are CCíd, or I assume they are not going to move.

3rd Reason
Gear:

For Gear, Iíll explain to you, why I picked what I picked, as well as what my gear actually is.
Iíll link each piece, and break down why I picked it.
1st is my Bow.

The Psionic bow is way better than the 60 PVP bow, why? The Zeal proc on the bow is too good. When it procs, it will proc twice. This allows other proc effects to apply off each Psionic gaze proc. On top of the fact the proc does insane damage.

Another factor, while less important is the base damage difference. The base damage will be similar, but added to the proc effect, this is another reason why Psionic is better.

Now, some of you are probably saying, ďWhy the heck did I PlusTwenty a 129% Bow?Ē Well, % on a bow makes a very little difference per %. Obviously the difference between a 100%, and a 140% is huge, but the difference between a 129, and a 140% isnít much.

I know someone who has a 140% Violent Bow, and the dmg difference is 4000ish. My bow now is around 7-9k, a 140%, is around 60k+. So unless you are balling in money, which I was not at the time when I bought my bow, trying to save up/buy a 140% bow is not smart.

As I stated before, element makes no difference for bow, as you will majority of the time, never land a Dimensional Arrow, or an Arrow of Light.

Iím using the Thunderous Sigil, because the 8% Hp is far too important in PVP, and gives you a lot of survivability.

2nd is my Harp.

The Harp is a pretty simple choice, you need a PVP harp in PVP, the damage difference is far too great when you are using a PVP sub weapon.

As stated before, Thunderous sigil gives you a lot of survivability, so that is why I went it.

Now for the body pieces.
3rd is my Helm

Obviously the PVP Helm, but you may be asking why this one, over the damage one?

Well this is another factor, as to why other Warbows are squishy, and die in one hit. As a Warbow, we need Spd. You have to have atleast 45%, and preferably 50%. Not only does this gives us Speed, but allows us to be a lot tankier. This also means, we can put fewer points into Spd, and throw into DMG instead. (Which Iíll go over later on)

The sigils are the exact same on each other gear, so Iíll explain why I went it.

The 6% crit dmg is a no brainer, without them, good luck getting near 300% crit damage as a Warbow, without sacrificing a butt ton of stuff.

Now the 2% dmg one may seem odd to some people. As a Warbow, we donít need ACC sigils. With Full charge, as well as Overdraw, we get well over 60% ACC, and even more if you have Costume Wep with 5% acc, etc.

2% Dmg Taken is a bad idea when you already have too much DMG Taken as a DPS class. Why? Well Dmg Taken has Diminishing Return, as in after a certain point, you stop getting 2% Dmg Taken, and get less and less, as you get more.

However, with 2% dmg there is no Diminishing return. If you look at your detailed list, you will see when you equip thy 2% dmg Sigil, your damage to players goes up by 2%, not less, not more. Which means there is no diminishing return, even at higher %ís.

4th is my Chest.

Already explained why I picked this set, and why I picked the Sigil.

5th is my Belt.

Another reason why some Warbows are squish squish, they take the Lethal set over this one.

The Lethal set gives you a lot of Crit rate, and the chance to do Cruel rush. However, you donít need crit (Iíll explain this later), and you are sacrificing way too much HP.

On top of that, even with Lion Roar set, Iím not even at 300% crit dmg. For one, getting 6% dmg on a Thunderous is annoying, but even so, Iím like 20%+ off from cap.

You go lethal if you plan on using an OJ sub wep with Crit Dmg, or if you just want to be a Glass Cannon, but they wonít get you far in PVP. Also, skipping out on PVP sub is a terrible idea.

6th is my Gloves.

Part of same set, and sigils were explained.

7th is my Boots.

Now on to accessories, and trophies.

Back Piece

I went with this one primarily because going with the tanky version cuts off way too much of your damage. Other bows already out DPS me, cutting more DPS isnít viable, on top of which, you lose too much crit rate.

Neck Piece

Set Piece.

Ring Piece.

Set Piece.

Trophies.

I went with Lolaís, because the proc makes a decent difference in Arena. On top of which, the stats make me tankier. You can use the green claw over this, if you want to do more Damage, but my build is more for sustain, than to be a glass cannon.

A no brainer for me. Toto is OP as heck for a 50 Trophy. 15% crit damage, double crit rolls, Speed, and HP. Nothing I can think that is better than this trophy atm.

That goes over all the gear I wear. As you can see, the +ís arenít impressive. There are plenty of bows more geared than me, and plenty that hit harder than me. However, as I stated before, what separates me and them is I can sustain, while they die in 1 hit.

The bows that hit harder than me, are the ones that get one shotted right back, while I can survive and bounce back, which makes me more of a threat than any other Bow. They may be capable of one shotting Full +20 people with no player reduction, but when they find someone they canít one shot, they die by a touch, and even if they kill that person, another one can instantly kill them back.

Of course if I was in full +20, would be a bit different, but Iím poor.

Now Iíll go over my stats, and why I went with what I went with.

Character Stats.

How to distribute stats is pretty simple. You put enough SPD to get near 50% Spd, and then throw the rest into DMG. I based my stats off of Buffs/Food.

In this SS I have Warbow Spd buff on, as well as Macaron, while also having a float on. Since Iíll always be using these, these are my actual stats.

I went with enough points to hit 75% def, and then put the rest into HP. Of course if I was walking around with a Guard buff on me, I could throw all of that def into hp instead. However, when you full +20 your gear, you can do that regardless.

My crit Damage is not at 300%. Iím missing out on 6% from one of my Thunderous Sigils, and my PVP accessories arenít the best way to get crit damage on accessories. However, as I stated, not a burst build.

Offensive Stats.

The Crit% may seem low, but you have to remember, thatís 37% + 20% for a full charge, and +6%, so its 63% crit rate, which is plenty in PVP.

As stated my Crit Damage is not at 300%, itís at 275%, however I donít have a means to acquire more Crit Damage, without sacrificing something, expect on my Bard Sigil.

Defensive Stats.

As you can see, Iím one tanky SOB. 43% player reduction and 32% Crit damage reduction. Also would like to note, I would be way tankier, if I was in full +20. So much so, I would break the game Razz

Now on to the Glorious Envoy Path

I picked up the Weak Point Analysis, because of it being pure crit%, and it leads to Ranger Training 2, and 3.

Ranger Studies 3, and Mastery 3 is a no brainer, and should not need explaining on why I went it.

From there you go down to Battlefield Motivator, and go down the most efficient route to Overdraw, and the ultimate. The Ultimate is extremely important to get as a Bard sub. Being able to use the ulti to survive 2+ seconds longer, will allow you to move away, and potentially get healed up. This also gives time for your team to kill the enemy team.

I am level 66, so I would like to hit 69 and get Speed of Life, but Iím too lazy to level, and since Iím quitting there is no point to, but at 69 I would get Speed of Life.

OverDraw is insane, and is a must. Fleet footed is too convenient in PVP, and you need it to get Determination, and eventually Speed of Life.

The envoy is pretty simple, you just pick the most efficient route, while going for key points.

Conclusion

As I stated before, I will not go over why Iím quitting my Bow, and going back to my Wiz, as that would take some time to explain

All in all, the Warbow is fun, until you realize how much better Wiz is. At first I thought the class was amazing, and then when I started to actually play it vs other geared, and skilled players, I thought otherwise.

For those saying Warbow is OP, it isnít. This class is inferior to Wizard in every notable way. As I stated, not going into detail.

Iíll update this, until I switch back to Wiz, where Iíll leave it up as is for you guys to use. Iím not sure how viable this build/setup will be after they get nerfed, but as of now, this is the best setup for PVP (IMO).

The guide isnít flashy, but I put it together slowly throughout the day.

As Iím sure, people probably have questions for me, post them and Iíll get to them as soon as I can, and or if I feel like to.

Since we all know I love the E-Peen, Iíll throw up some SS of my scores in BF/Arena. Not stating these are godly or anything, but just giving you an idea of where the peak of the class is at atm.

Also my 50v50 Video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3fRS4fBzPQ

Well I put some effort into it, transferring it from Word to this was annoying, as it didn't copy the format, so it looks like a wall of text, without the indents I put.

Hope it helped, and enjoy Warbow!
Advertisement

ipokewhales

Rank 1
ipokewhales
PostedMay 01, 2014 7:14 pm
scumbag miku, quits class, reveals secrets

agisephiroth

Rank 2
agisephiroth
PostedMay 02, 2014 5:15 am
But why you target my bard? :< trololol at lola's... Why you reveal

Paradox Lvl 50/65 Monk Lvl 48 Barbarian Lvl 45 Vanguard Aegis Lvl 44 Barbarian

HatsuneMikuHime

Rank 5
HatsuneMikuHime
PostedMay 02, 2014 8:01 am
Had to reveal dem secrets Very Happy

God of Ak
(SakuyaIzayoi)
Quit

jr_cabrera14

Rank 0
PostedMay 02, 2014 7:43 pm
can you gimme tips for pvp 50-59 equips

HatsuneMikuHime

Rank 5
HatsuneMikuHime
PostedMay 02, 2014 8:39 pm
jr_cabrera14 wrote:
can you gimme tips for pvp 50-59 equips  

If you want to face roll, get a 50 pvp bow, and a 50 pvp sub. + them up, and you'll destroy 50-59.

God of Ak
(SakuyaIzayoi)
Quit

puzhejunza

Rank 0
PostedMay 02, 2014 11:55 pm
็Hello i play in serve thai i want to know hero skill please show me

HatsuneMikuHime

Rank 5
HatsuneMikuHime
PostedMay 03, 2014 12:00 am
puzhejunza wrote:
็Hello i play in serve thai i want to know hero skill please show me  

Hero skill?

God of Ak
(SakuyaIzayoi)
Quit

puzhejunza

Rank 0
PostedMay 03, 2014 12:38 am
Masteries

WellYes

Rank 0
PostedMay 03, 2014 12:59 am
Anyway you could briefly explain why wizard is superior to warbow in pvp? I was looking at making a warbow for pvp specifically, but having second thoughts on what kind of character I want to make towards pvp. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks