rinsha

Rank 4
rinsha
PostedApr 09, 2014 7:27 pm

A conversational thread about the upcoming Tachi class

Yes its another one of "those" threads folks but at the same time its not....

We are pretty much aware Tachi is coming if you aren't aware then where have u been looking?

So lets discuss it a bit more...

Of course there will be a swarm of Tachi players when its released but how many do you think will stay long term?

Do you think Tachi is gonna be an overglorified let down?

What sort of hopes do you have for the Tachi player joining ur party shortly after its release?

For those who plan to play Tachi...

What have you been playing up till now?

What draws you to Tachi?

What cliché names will u aim for/avoid?

What sub do u plan to pick?

What build are you gonna go for?

How far do u reckon you will go?/Will you get bored?

Do you plan to pick Tachi for pvp or pve?

Is there anything else youd like to share?

on a personal note: please god let there be next to no Sephiroth wannabes

Advertisement

qqwowamazedqq

Rank 4
qqwowamazedqq
PostedApr 09, 2014 7:54 pm
As there are kiritos there will be sephiroths without fail, Tachi as a pve class looks solid but its usefulness in pvp is yet to be seen, its got the best styles and looks among all available classes, so it does seem attractive. Even so I won't play as Tachi as I focus more on pvp.

It looks something like this : SWAG

JamTime

Rank 0
JamTime
PostedApr 09, 2014 9:36 pm
Just another dps that probably most pugs will go full eva on it.

WOOT!

vinRADOX

Rank 2
vinRADOX
PostedApr 09, 2014 10:09 pm
JamTime wrote:

If you have cap defense from full fort armor, full EVA not a bad idea
for Tachi at least...

JamTime

Rank 0
JamTime
PostedApr 09, 2014 10:12 pm
vinRADOX wrote:
JamTime wrote:

for Tachi at least...  

Lol.

I'l be expecting Lv50 tachis with 10k hp then!

WOOT!

rettle777

Rank 1
rettle777
PostedApr 09, 2014 10:32 pm
JamTime wrote:
vinRADOX wrote:
JamTime wrote:

for Tachi at least...  

Lol.

And expect threads of people QQing b'coz they are not accepted in parties.. goodness PUGS Rolling Eyes

The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!

dangquang874

Rank 2
dangquang874
PostedApr 09, 2014 10:36 pm
Tachi looks awesome. Now Kirito's reign of terror has been over....now is Sephiroth's reign of terror Very Happy

vinRADOX

Rank 2
vinRADOX
PostedApr 09, 2014 10:36 pm
JamTime wrote:

Lol.

That much HP... you'd have to actually TRY to get your hp that low :V

twelvi12

Rank 2
twelvi12
PostedApr 09, 2014 10:57 pm
Theres many animes which protagonist have katana as weapon, so it definetly not will be limit to "sephiroth", more like anything else than that.
Ive been planning to sub just simply combo skills, can't really decide which one, but actually when checked those 7x Katana class in action OW: Hard mode, those combo skills were pretty fast, didnt even that long "root" you on spot. Can't really find anything that tachi would need once again except maybe some ranged class, guess if i don't pick combo skill class like wizard, it will be GS then.

For build: Can't even decide how to build it, envoy paths passive nodes heavily falls toward "CRIT/EVA" build kind, but at least me don't really have afford to buy all new EVA gear so probably will just go with basic DMG/CRIT build because of my +60lvl equips. (They were expensive :< so they won't go "waste") For Envoy path since its got a lot EVA in it, its actually really hard to find "smart" path with it while trying to get combo skills. Its tbh worst envoy path in compared to every class pretty much, like that CRIT>HP passive, you have to go through like 5 nodes of basic defense stats to get it, and definetly want it if im planning to go DMG/CRIT build. Guess my build will become "unique", by means unique: definetly not "valid" build for Katana class, but luckily you can work it on even at +100lvl so guess it doesn't matter.

Im definetly planning to stick PvE. For now thoughts are saying, that this time will be making my "main", been on my gunslinger since OBT started to so need refreshment.

"This world is just... a crappy game."

KurysFlame

Rank 3
KurysFlame
PostedApr 10, 2014 12:45 am

Re: A conversational thread about the upcoming Tachi class

Of course there will be a swarm of Tachi players when its released but how many do you think will stay long term? There will likely still be a good population of tachi players after the newness fades. There are still plenty of duelists and people like katanas for the same reasons.

Do you think Tachi is gonna be an overglorified let down? For me personally, I'll be happily surprised if I enjoy the play style. At the moment I love the looks, but am not sure about how it feels playing.

What sort of hopes do you have for the Tachi player joining ur party shortly after its release? Big dps to go with that big sword.

For those who plan to play Tachi...

What have you been playing up till now? Sorc, katar, and bow.

What draws you to Tachi? If anything, looks.

What cliché names will u aim for/avoid? I'll definitely aim for something from the manga "Rurouni Kenshin." Probably either Kenshin or Sojiro.

What sub do u plan to pick? Not sure... Wizard might be interesting.

"Radical Edward's profile is a seven foot tall ex-basketball pro Hindu guru drag-queen alien." ―Jet Black by Rabittt