poisonedlove94

Rank 0
poisonedlove94
PostedFeb 20, 2010 11:48 am

Wrong

Wrong
You'd better not write the rune price. Now it's far of being 10m. I think they are between 54-60m now but the price changes in a crazy way. =[

Love means to suffer like you’ve never suffered before for someone who doesn’t even care about the nights you don’t do anything but cry because they don’t feel the same.
Advertisement

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedFeb 20, 2010 1:05 pm

Re: Wrong

Wrong
poisonedlove94 wrote:
You'd better not write the rune price. Now it's far of being 10m. I think they are between 54-60m now but the price changes in a crazy way. =[  

that's inflation Razz

and yeah, the guide of Aes is bit out-dated, but yeh, it's so detailed that you can miss something ...

he will notice your post and hopefully edit his post Wink

signature of xybolt

misterdude

Rank 3
misterdude
PostedFeb 20, 2010 10:31 pm
I'm actually not wrong. You are incorrect in your interpretation of the text. The text in question was, isn't, and never will be about presenting the current market value of a rez rune. It is a story about an experience that happened to me years ago. As such it doesn't make much sense to change it since that was not the cost in the setting of the story. The lesson is, a rune is worth ridiculously more than a potion and therefore it is madness to let yourself and your actions forget that. I think it's reasonable to assume most get the moral, and thus the purpose, of the text's existence.

I don't make reference to prices much for this very reason and it's mostly irrelevant to the topic. It's not a price guide so why would I?

If there's a legitimate claim to out-dated information let me know specifically where it is so I can easily locate it and review it. The guide system is massive and while I initially proofread it multiple times in detail, after it's deemed finished I don't go back and read it, why would I? It's not a paying job lol. So if something does happen to slip through the cracks I'll likely not see it unless someone brings it to my attention.

In general, most of the information is pretty timeless unless major updates change the foundation of things, but I'm typically aware of such events and adjust the guide. If there really is out-dated information let me know. Otherwise, don't consider the fact that the information needs no updating for months or years to mean it's out-dated. That terms specifically implies the information listed is no longer relevant in the current day. That is certainly not the case of this guide, and if it is then let me know immediately so I can change it because useless information has no point in existing. Since I rarely even list a price and when I do it is not for the purpose of the price but for some other lesson, I don't consider cases like the one in question to be outdated information. A rune is worth a lot more than a potion, sacrificing a rune to save a potion (by accident) is a big mistake. That's the point of the text, and just a relevant today as it was when I wrote it 18 months ago.

Admittedly I recall certain texts in which I made calculations that are outdated but I mention that fact and since they are merely examples teaching a principle or theory that is relevant to today's Shaiya, that fact is irrelevant and the information is not therefore outdated.

However, if you have issue with something let me know. The guide has way too much information that will remain timeless and so it will always remain stickied, but that merely means that any information that did become outdated would have more destructive power. So let me know while I'm still around, because nobody can say when I'll finally never return again. But I don't feel the text in question warrants updating for inflation any more than your grandpa should say he paid 3 bucks for a pack of gum in 1920. The price technically doesn't even need listing to teach that lesson. It was a take on the MasterCard commercials for those who've seen them.

goldknight85

Rank 0
goldknight85
PostedMar 03, 2010 2:28 pm

RE: Aec's Archer/Hunter Guide

good guide i like it

x.EmoBoy.x

Rank 0
x.EmoBoy.x
PostedApr 19, 2010 6:51 am

about the guide

great guide, Smile karma for you.

Lyla84

Rank 0
Lyla84
PostedApr 22, 2010 5:19 am

Huge Thanks!!

Can I just say a HUGEEEEE thank you to you for creating this guide. I have run back to it time after time to pick up hints and to help understand the class, I don't think I would have managed to figure out half of this stuff on my own!! I now have it bookmarked in my fav's bar 'Very Happy'

misterdude

Rank 3
misterdude
PostedAug 28, 2010 11:58 am
Just a heads up, I've updated the skill guide for EP5. Curiosity got the best of me and I had to check out EP5. However, it's not 100% complete and I don't plan to log back in, much less play or research more. I didn't have the resources to get a skill reset stone and one pass through the skills was not enough to unlock them all, not to mention the limitations of my level 58. In any case, it's a lot better than what you had before and it's nearly complete. See the skill guide for more info you can email me changes and updates for the skill guide and I'll eventually put them in. But I won't be updating anything else in the guide anymore. I pumped it full of disclaimers so that everyone knows it was written in the beginning of EP4. It still has great knowledge within its pages but it won't ever be updated beyond what it currently is.

I'm also not "back" on the forums either. I just came to check out EP5, and spend a day having some fun updating the skill guide, as some have requested. That's it, and that's why the skill guide directs you to email me if you have an update to that particular guide because I never come to the forums anymore.

Have fun all.

hybridchic

Rank 3
hybridchic
PostedAug 28, 2010 12:05 pm
First post after Aes. yay.

I appreciate all you've done thus far mister dude. have fun with stuff

Peace out

Aufklarer

GameSage: Shaiya
Aufklarer
PostedAug 28, 2010 12:05 pm
Thanks for the updates, Aes. Smile

edit: booo ninja'd while posting

cod4mwipwnu

Rank 0
PostedNov 25, 2010 11:05 pm
This didn't. Exactly help. It needs more about the builds!!!!! That the Mage guide for example, that is a great guide. The info about all the modes and slang is unnecessary.