Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
PostedMar 27, 2014 7:27 am   Last edited by Killa_1112 on Mar 27, 2014 4:58 pm. Edited 18 times in total

Things Aeria does...

...That make the players facepalm!

So after Leo's humorous thread i thought i might as well have a go myself with a short rant chain. Believe it or not i have never done one of these, there was never any point after Avyns almighty and all famous rant to end all rants.

We're working on it!

Seriously, this one has got to take the biscuit for things that wind us up. When it is an ongoing issue, we don't get details and we hit a brick wall whenever we ask about it, it makes us want to.

We know you are working on it, you have been 'working on it' for the last ten months! What we want is a freaking update! We have wanted an update for the last NINE months!

Generic ticket responses.

When we have an issue with something, to send us a generic reply of 'You can find it on the forums kthxbye' when we would like to know why our AP that we purchased a week ago is not on our accounts, our immediate response is:

^ This is a number, it is also what we feel like when you pull the whole gen response thing on us.

Website bugs.

Ok so we all know this one, the forums act up all the time, constant log out issues, pending connection problems ect ect. Bottom line, some of these still haven't been permanently fixed. Would you like to have my thoughts on the problem?

I believe the words 'fix it' must have a different meaning in the world of Aeria, because it never seems to happen here. In the world outside the Aeria offices, 'fix it' means 'stop leaving it as it is because there is something wrong with it'.

Trolling GMs.

Example one: So when a new player legitimately asks for advice on the forums only to be met by the trolls that berate them and degrade them for being a n00b, you would expect a mod to charge in there and make a few 'adjustments'. Nope. Thread locked, no answer to the n00bs question, nothing achieved.

Example two: So a player asks for a GM's response on a specific issue, they have titled the thread 'dear GM' or something along those lines, clearly they would like an official response so they wait...

And wait...

And wait...

And eventually give up.

Way to go Aeria Wink.

We know there are problems, that is why we are not going to make any changes!

If you keep up with the feedback poll (as some of us do) you will notice that the 'poor' response always seems to come in ahead of the others. Does this not suggest that MAYBE just MAYBE, things are not as fine and dandy as you believe they are? Oh well, it matters not, as long as people are still feeding you their precious moneyz nomnomnom!

Us:

You:

Over Moderation

So You make a post suggesting a legitimate change to the game that would be well within Aeria's power to change using their tools. Many people support it, the vets, the regulars, the n00bs and then boom. Thread gets locked. No warning, no ToS breach, just whack. Locked thread.

Well up yours too Aeria.

Superman0x

Our forum manager, 'the man' to turn too when you have a problem, our great information overlord and oracle... who gives NOTHING in the way of information or insight, and is happy to chime into a thread without solving the issue.

Forgive me if i don't shine the praise down on Aeria for this one.

Finally

Making threads telling the players what you hate about them.

So here we are thinking the GMs are working hard to answer our tickets, work on the game issues and generally being productive and responsible members of our society. Oh shock and behold when we see that one of our almighty gods have rained down their hatred for the community by making threads about how much the community does wrong!

Oh how DARE they have an opinion about the game they play!

How DARE they voice their thoughts on some of the major issues!

How DARE they make perfectly valid suggestions on how to improve the game!

What has the world come too when the community can be allowed to get away such transgression!?

Thanks for reading.
Advertisement

Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
PostedMar 27, 2014 7:32 am
Thank you, this forum has been slow lately.

Hipster29

Rank 3
Hipster29
United States, United States & United States
PostedMar 27, 2014 10:08 am
Superman0X wrote:

LOL

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
PostedMar 27, 2014 10:10 am   Last edited by Killa_1112 on Mar 27, 2014 12:33 pm. Edited 1 time in total
Superman0X wrote:
You know, i was tempted to put in a little section specifically for you.

But i did not know if you would deem it 'harrasment' and delete the thread if i did Razz

edited, just for you <3

- Courtesy of the Great Avyn

HunniiBear

Rank 4
HunniiBear
PostedMar 27, 2014 11:11 am
<__>..

JessySama

Rank 0
JessySama
PostedMar 27, 2014 11:14 am
Wow, just wow. I stopped everything that I was doing to read carefully this one. I lol'd at the pics XD

GMLeo

GameMaster: USA
GMLeo
PostedMar 27, 2014 11:21 am
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery Wink

New siggy to come soon!

ColdD26

Rank 0
ColdD26
PostedMar 27, 2014 11:23 am
Still laughing.

[PS: I had to relog due to the "auto logout bug".]

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
PostedMar 27, 2014 11:28 am
GMLeo wrote:
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery Wink  
By that Logic i was imitating Avyn, as you were. Would you like to be the one to tell avyn you imitated him, or shall I?

Wink

- Courtesy of the Great Avyn

JessySama

Rank 0
JessySama
PostedMar 27, 2014 11:31 am
GMLeo wrote:

Please check your inbox, Leo.
Sorry for the quoting.