RayneeDay

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
RayneeDay
PostedMar 25, 2014 9:06 pm   Last edited by RayneeDay on Mar 04, 2015 6:42 pm. Edited 28 times in total

RayneeDusk's Guide + Opinions on Duelist with a focus on PvE

In refurbish/decay phase
Removed outdated information check back later for 70 content info or use Phil's guide for a better fundamental knowledge of how to duelist.
Advertisement

babyknight90

Rank 0
PostedMar 26, 2014 3:08 am
i'm noob,can you tell me why to use Holy type for Blade why not other type ?

RayneeDay

RayneeDay
PostedMar 26, 2014 6:43 am
20% extra damage to holy type skills, in this case Dancing Balisong (which is one of 2 elemental skills a duelist has and by far the better of them)

aisesespinosa08

Rank 0
aisesespinosa08
PostedMar 26, 2014 10:42 am
I strongly agree with this build ^_^ but if your really pve base, i would recommend titan set for top and helm. Why? because the set effect of the titan top and helm are pretty useful against boss. We pretty much have the same build. Theres something really bothers me here. I want to make craft weapon with 3% lifesteal or the using the nocturnal. It will be like, 3% from fang, 6% for both weapon (or you can use your sub weapon 3%) = That would be 9% or (6% total). Imagine how much damage you can dealt right now + the cruel crush can easily make you HP full and survive boss fight 1v1 even your not a tank but you relies on your crit damage + lifesteal. Thats the build i want to build when i reach lvl 65. Do you have any idea using nocturnal + massive damage base on your experience playing as duelist? just asking i might be wrong if i will make my set like that.

Hey! a little tip for you.
This two has low stats trophy core but they have effect that really helps alot.

It procs like zeal but its 30%

Duelist can do massive number of attacks in less than 1 secs. 4% is nothing at all. 5% lifesteal can save your life alot Smile

aisesespinosa08

Rank 0
aisesespinosa08
PostedMar 26, 2014 10:48 am
Oh your katar i forgot lol my bad. Katar heals up to 30 to 40k crit depends on your damage and crit dmg. Also I think you dont really need nocturnal but you may or may not answer about nocturnal cores for me Smile

animefake04

Rank 0
PostedMar 26, 2014 11:54 am
i think duelist is one of the strongest class in AK for higher lvl
specially when somersault is released Razz

but i find it weak at the time specially in 1 v 1 duel and in team fights

Kudos001

Rank 0
PostedMar 26, 2014 12:16 pm
Can you give me some tips. im a duelist/braw to lvl 55 full crit eva build and aria set. I want to set it into pve type so i can run the lvl53 dg pt in solo. TIA

RayneeDay

RayneeDay
PostedMar 26, 2014 3:28 pm   Last edited by RayneeDay on May 15, 2014 7:13 pm. Edited 1 time in total
@Kudos001
well your first mistake was running full evasion on a set that has no evasion built into it. As a result you will have at best mediocre dodge and defense and just spend most of your time hugging the ground. Consider rerolling to a full defense build or at least getting your defense to around 60% before putting points into HP.

@aisesespinosa08
You cant use double nocturnal for several reasons, first double nocturnal cores dont stack the leach with eachother so you would have to find a level 58 blue katar with nocturnal and protector mods. Then you run into issues regarding the fact that duelist katar uses a wide variety of skills from both classes and having a blue in your build would only serve to gimp your damage. Also currently at level 69 with 250% crit damage on average the highest I have ever healed myself with a crit Inner Strength is 16k and might i add it has a fairly long cast time and long CD. It is in no way a replacement for a nocturnal core. As for your question, regarding experience with massive damage and nocturnal, pretty much I can get back to full HP with any one of my aoe skills or a single target skill provided it crits. However, massive damage is fairly useless without enough hp to back it up, you simply can not cast skill fast enough to sustain yourself on a large amount of mobs without a good HP pool and defense. Currently I can sustain myself on Hard mode bosses with purely my life steal in the event that our bard dc's or is lagging and standing at the entrance of the dungeon (happened twice today). Hope that answered your question.

Also might I add that caroline's only works with auto attacks and as a result is kinda useless.

binky_pinky

Rank 0
PostedMar 26, 2014 6:07 pm
Great Guide RayneeDay!

I would like to ask some question. Currently a duelist/guardian with full +20 devourer set using Talamand's and Maldodnak. Currrently at 65% def, 75k hp and 60%eva for defensive stats, and
50% crit, 18% spd and 55k dmg to my duelist swords.

I like running as a sub-tank in ow Hard and hopefully lament soon

I don't know what will make me tank better now. More dps or more defensive stats. Should i swap my talamund's soul for a green malodnak for more crit?

HKlegacy

Rank 2
HKlegacy
PostedMar 26, 2014 7:10 pm
Can you comment on how the lethal beast double damage proc works for a duelist?