morbidcoffee

Rank 0
morbidcoffee
PostedMar 14, 2014 1:48 am
melanmelody wrote:
What kind of stats will you recommend to do decently well in Whirlpool. My party (3 people btw) cannot even get past floor 1. Q_Q  

Whatever is best for your class? It's less having specific stats, and more paying attention to what's hurting you. The debuffs are a killer for people going in blind, and there are a lot of debuffs. Not only does dying give you -15% defense decrease per stack, but certain mobs will also put a -20% defense decrease debuff that stacks (I've only ever seen it go up to 2, but it could stack up to 5 times most likely). Nazrudin definitely has the later debuff.

In all honesty, it's a big DPS race. The mobs have huge HP pools, so you need every advantage you can have to get further in, like the Zaahir weapon, ice elixir, ice damage SS, etc. Making it to floor 15 with decent DPS will be pretty easy, but without really good DPS you probably won't make it any further without time running out during the 3rd Nazrudin.
Advertisement

noble.blizzaja

Rank 3
noble.blizzaja
PostedMar 14, 2014 5:31 am
Got to 2nd Nazrudin and beat it without much difficulty. Ironically I dodged the red and whirlpools a lot better with Nazrudin than the trash mobs. The trash mobs are more dangerous than Nazru imo.

Koidzumii

Rank 1
Koidzumii
PostedMar 14, 2014 7:21 am
melanmelody wrote:
What kind of stats will you recommend to do decently well in Whirlpool. My party (3 people btw) cannot even get past floor 1. Q_Q
But still...even if we can get 5 people, the 5 stacks of debuff hurts so bad and even if we wait it out, we just get hit again. Rejunvnation mantra doesnt seem to debuff it.

OTL;;In short. I dont think I know what I was doing.  

Ehh I dunno if it's really about stats, I think it's mostly gear + overleveling. Ice armor, the frozen skull trophy from king fish if you can get it, lvl 60+ stuff.

There aren't really "floors," it's a single room and groups of things just spawn one after the other. So you might've gotten further than you thought.

This dungeon also has the addition of environmental hazards (whirlwinds that'll throw you up in the air, kind of like the bombs in sky tower 2F). Also, some of the monsters have a buff that makes them resistant to stun.

If any of your party members have any lag at all, it will probably screw them over. The monster and environmental aoes make it so that everyone has to be moving at pretty much all times, and with lag it is extremely easy to think that you're dodging an aoe when you're walking into another or the aoe actually already hit you by the time you actually see the lines. That sort of thing happened to me a lot since the temp fix for the sorc skill freezes didn't work for me and I've had horrendous lag since the patch.

On top of the death penalty debuffs, Nazrudin has 2 really hard to dodge AOE debuffs that are terrible. One is -50% damage, and the other is -20% DEF with a 2k DOT. I think they might stack too. These should be removable with rejuvenation mantra, unlike the death penalty one. A few bards have also reported an issue where their ballad skill won't cast on themselves (something I also heard in sky tower 7F). I have NO idea what causes this, I assume it's some kind of debuff.

AK Siren ch 4, IGN: Picot (Duelist/Sorc), Rosale (Guardian/Grenadier), Limon (Bard/Gunslinger), Cinnami (Ravager/Warbow)

BIank.

Rank 2
BIank.
PostedMar 14, 2014 7:35 am
I used my Bard to run it and so annoyed with those red carpets. Havent finish my healing skills and those carpet is appearing so fast and got no time to dodge it. Just managed to kill only 1 Nazrudin. Plus the debuff can't be remove with the debuff skill. Evil or Very Mad Hope the dragon coin is implemented soon so can changed my gear already.

Scrunchie89

Rank 3
Scrunchie89
PostedMar 14, 2014 7:38 am
Guess that means my dispelling potions will finally sell.

melanmelody

Rank 0
melanmelody
PostedMar 14, 2014 9:15 am
Got it and thanks. We only got 1 bard, 1 duelist and 1 gunslinger for our run so for DPS, it is not bad. It is just that everyone in our party keeps dying in one hit, making healing virtually useless.
Also, we are not the most funded players. We got all the equipment for our lvl and are decently fortified but we are not rich enough to afford Titans and fancy stuff.

So get debuff pots. Got it.

Any food you guys recommended for DPS and bards to use?
Anything that makes a difference will help. xD

\Also, I KNOW we didn't get far. All the mobs still have the number 1 behind their names. D:

RagePrimeEU

Rank 0
RagePrimeEU
PostedMar 14, 2014 2:52 pm

CLEAR WA !

agisephiroth

Rank 2
agisephiroth
PostedMar 14, 2014 3:04 pm
**** Pandas OP. We only fell short just before 4th..

Scylla

Khiinroye

Rank 0
PostedMar 14, 2014 3:33 pm
I see a +20 fortification medal achievement in there.

For hard mode, do it in a pickup group with the rest of the pt lv 65 and under with nothing over +9, no orange 60 or yellow 65 gear allowed. Two people max can use ice gear.

InanimateObject

Rank 3
InanimateObject
PostedMar 14, 2014 3:38 pm
Our group (1 Guard, 2 Bards, 1 Rav, 1 pugged Gren) went in just to check everything out. Made it past the first Naz spawn, but got stuck against the two big golems and ran out of time. The Gren left after that, but we stuck around for a while fighting with them for funsies. ;P

No one got any good drops (so many fish...) but we had a good time~