jana.sophia

Rank 0
jana.sophia
PostedMar 10, 2014 7:31 pm   Last edited by jana.sophia on Mar 13, 2014 11:03 pm. Edited 7 times in total

Cisqua's "Run, Stun and Gun" Guide to Gren/GS.

PVE Build focusing on the natural benefits of the Gren/Gs combo.

Introduction
Hi all. I'm Cisqua, I've been playing Aura Kingdom since its founding in late 2013, and since then have been playing my Gren/Gun Class and been rounding and perfecting my build. I'm currently a 65+ player in Hydra and part of the guild "Euphoria". My preferred method of play is as a high dmg, dps spec that focuses on stunning and kiting around enemies. This following guide will highlight skill use, offensive and defensive build, envoy, skills and rationales - please note, the following are my own personal findings and play style and may not necessarily suit everyone's play style or opinions. This is a guide in process – good things take time.
Criticism is welcome, needless hate isn't.

The Class
"Grenadiers are known for their trademark weapons: massive cannons that convert magical energy into explosive missiles. Since gunpowder is boring on its own, they also like to infuse their shots with a variety of elements such as fire, ice, and electricity. Being experts with machinery, Grenadiers can also engineer makeshift gun turrets and other gadgets to support their allies in battle." - Aeria Games.

The Stats
Offensive
For Grenadiers, I think I've seen every build imaginable, and tried many of them myself. Some people go full DMG, full CRIT or even full SPD, but before we go into what I decided:
[DMG] – Increases the damage dealt by your primary weapon.
[CRIT] – Raises the chance to deal additional damage (critical hit). (100%)
[SPD] – Decreases attack cool downs and increase attack speeds. (50%)

From what I've played with, my best build came from a split CRIT/SPD build. Going the CRIT route however, instead increases the chances of landing bigger hits, takes less investment, to show the same results. Originally I tried a pure CRIT build, and although it was like throwing cement blocks, they would move slower than continental drift – this is where speed comes in. The base raise of SPD to 20-25% significantly decreases attack times and although you may now only be throwing bricks, you can throw twice as many in the same time. So to begin with, a 3:1 ratio of CRIT to SPD until you raise it to the 20-25% margin will give relatively strong attacks and a good cool down / attack speed. Once you get to around 55% Crit rate, that sufficient enough to ensure high numbers of CRITs and at this point you can pump more into speed or DMG.

If you want to be a damage class, wouldn't it be better to put your points in damage?
Going full damage, will yes – and obviously, increase your base damage, but the points investment for notable results is crazy. A lot of the envoy path will provide will give you +% DMG which will stack greater to what pumping into stats would provide. Also with the use of DMG secret stones, it becomes redundant to put points into DMG here.

I noticed higher level equips are providing better stats... how does this affect the build?
That's something I've been thinking about too, even the level 65 yellow sets current provide some CRIT%+ and CRIT DMG%+, and thats the thing, if your armor is pushing you beyond cap limits, there is no reason you can't put the excess points into DMG/SPD, however, I'm not quite at that point, so I can't quite advise you on that yet.

Defensive
For Grenadiers, the defensive spectrum really only has 3 options, full HP, full DEF or a mix. But like before:
[HP] – Increases the amount of HP (health) you have.
[DEF] – Reduces the amount of damage taken when hit. (75% cap)
[EVA] – Reduces the chance to get hit. (95% cap)

Currently, I run a split HP/DEF build, Let me explain, Since we are a range class, we're not going to grab the melee damage (at least almost never – and definitely not in open world), the only damage we will ever really take is from carpets / AoE attacks from bosses – which we can easily manually dodge. So we're not going to be taking a huge amount of damage – so HP doesn't need to be sky high. But, when we do occasionally get hit, its better we get hit by as little as possible – thus why reducing it by as much as possible is crucial.

Wouldn't it just be better to reduce our chances of getting hit?
If we were a Melee class, I would definitely agree with this, however, we don't get hit that much to begin with. In open world, with the “Run, stun and gun” I practically never get hit by the monster I'm after. The only time you'll ever get hit is from bosses, and it's not like you'll be baby sitting them.

I noticed higher level equips are providing better stats... how does this affect the build?
Same as above really, if you're seeing that your equipment is allowing you to cap out earlier, no reason you cant shift your points into another area. Which is the current issue with my armor - I'm running pretty low DEF%'s atm (hey, not all of us are rich right?).

The Envoy
More coming for this section soon!

My Envoy focuses on minimizing cool downs, increasing attack speeds, CRITs and cannon dmg.

The order which I created my envoy.

Red line is finished by level 9.
Orange line is finished by level 18.
Yellow line is finished by level 24.
Green line is finished by level 39.
Cyan line is finished by level 42.
Blue line is finished by level 48.
Purple line is finished by level 66.

A note regarding Purple With these, the order can be altered, depending on your preferred attack, however I prefer the fiery grenade second to icy grenade as it deals dot damage and not just single damage.

THIS IS CURRENTLY BEING REVISED AND MAY BE ADJUSTED.

The Skills

So, now let me explain why I call it the “Run, stun and gun” guide. Looking down the list, you'll see that Grenadiers have 2 stunning skills, 2 dmg skills and 2 support skills. With the speed assisted cool downs its more than possible to STUN, place your two DMG attacks, and restun and reapply DMG, resulting in (excluding on Party/Hard bosses – but you usually have a tank for that) death before even moving from their primary location. In solo dungeon bosses, if you combine this strategy with “kiting” (circling around the boss), you can pretty much avoid all redcarpets and deal extreme DMG. Combine this with the use of your Turret skill which will consistently deal damage while its spawned.

Going one step further, the combination of “run, stun and gun” with the additional skills from the Gunslinger skills, you can prove even more deadly. On trigger bosses (the bosses that will not attack until you attack/get close enough) you can lay a trap, then continue the regular rotation of dps skills. Bam, dead. The use of “Aimed shot” can also prove very beneficial with the decrease % in move speed it provides, gives you those extra few moments to back off and lay another stun. For the time being, I'll leave it at this for base skill tactics, everyone has their own way of playing, that's just how I play.

[Offensive]Cannon Salvo
Desc: Channel all your energy into your ammo, then unleash a savage full-power barrage that also stuns the enemy.
Effect: Stun (2 Seconds) and tick DPS.
Base Cooldown: 3 Seconds.

[Offensive]Fiery Grenade
Desc: Shoot an explosive that blast enemies with Flame damage and burns the target within the blast radius.
Effect: Continuous tick DPS. (8 Seconds)
Base Cooldown: 4 Seconds

[Offensive]Plasma Cannon
Desc: Assault an enemy with high-energy plasma, dealing Lightning damage within a line.
Effect: Linear AoE

[Offensive]Icy Grenade
Desc: Shoot a cryo-grenade that chills enemies with Ice damage and freezes targets within the blast radius.
Effect: Freezes targets, immobilizing them. (4 Seconds)
Base Cooldown: 3 Seconds

[Offensive]Meteor Cannon
Desc: Expend all your energy into one great blast to trigger a shockwave as that of a meteor's impact, dealing Light damage to any enemies caught in the blast radius.
Effect: Centered AoE
Base Cooldown: 15 Seconds.

[Summon]Machine Gun Turret
Desc: Quickly Assemble a machine gun turret to provide a hearty healthy helping of offensive reinforcement. Note: Removes Healing Crystal.
Effect: Summon a Machine Gun Turret to deal DMG to surrounding enemies. (30 Seconds)
Base Cooldown: 8 Seconds

[Summon]Healing Crystal
Desc: Set up a healing crystal to provide independent health recovery to nearby allies. Note: Removes Machine Gun Turret
Effect: Heals allies in range, summoner receives a 20% CRIT DMG reduction.
Base Cooldown: 120 Seconds

[Support]Suppressing Fire
Desc: Provide party members with strong support from the rear, freeing them up to focus and increasing there CRIT.
Effect: Additional CRIT for party in range, requires 1 Firepower Circuit (1800 Seconds)

The Masteries

More coming for this section soon!

The Equipment
More coming for this section soon.

The Secret Stones
More coming for this section soon.
Advertisement

blueducky511

Twin Saga Gold Founder
PostedMar 10, 2014 7:36 pm
O.O! Good luck~ gogogogo o/

highwind44029

Rank 0
PostedMar 12, 2014 1:02 am
I already opted for a Sorcerer subclass, but I would be more than interested for a Gren/GS build. Actually, any build for Gren's is more than welcome since we don't really get much around here. Sad

sadmankiller

Rank 0
sadmankiller
PostedMar 12, 2014 3:32 am
waiting
i hope this guide good bec my gred/gs obsolete

it finally here
what equipment you use?
and what sigil?

jana.sophia

Rank 0
jana.sophia
PostedMar 13, 2014 4:31 pm
sadmankiller wrote:
waiting
i hope this guide good bec my gred/gs obsolete

it finally here
what equipment you use?
and what sigil?  

Still working on it, saw a few of you were looking forward to it, figured I'd throw in what I've written so far. There will be more details under Stats/Envoy. And sections made for Sigils and Equipment soon. I'm in the middle of updating armor but I'll definitely throw my opinions in it all soon. Just sit pretty Smile

nightbringer09

Rank 5
nightbringer09
PostedMar 13, 2014 5:18 pm
Needs more hp

Alixe: EE/AK/EOS/DH 73/70/53/40

jana.sophia

Rank 0
jana.sophia
PostedMar 13, 2014 5:19 pm
nightbringer09 wrote:
Needs more hp  

Rationale for limited HP provided now.

chizzyman

Rank 0
chizzyman
PostedMar 13, 2014 8:27 pm
Why not swap deep blue for the best defense? It should provide you some breathing space when allocating def points.

AK (chimera) - YourGrandpa - Gren/Sorc

nightbringer09

Rank 5
nightbringer09
PostedMar 14, 2014 12:22 am
chizzyman wrote:
Why not swap deep blue for the best defense? It should provide you some breathing space when allocating def points.  

I'm also sure that deep blue doesn't give any dmg ATM as it doesn't work though I haven't tried it in update yet

Alixe: EE/AK/EOS/DH 73/70/53/40

fran0711

Rank 0
fran0711
PostedMar 14, 2014 3:49 am
Thank you for the guide! Smile