Author Message

ipokewhales

Rank 1
ipokewhales
Joined
31 Jan 2014
Posts
273
Location
United States
PostedMar 07, 2014 11:43 pm   Last edited by ipokewhales on Apr 26, 2014 5:12 pm. Edited 9 times in total

[Guide]Top Ravager builds(Videos Added)

Best dps build
First of all I am #1 PVP Ravager in Hydra so you can trust this guide.I tell you this because I am sick of seeing people disgrace the Ravager class by having bad builds.

I.Stat points.

First of all the standard build would be to put points into crit until you are around a 60% crit chance as that is the most you should ever get your crit chance to. The rest of the points should go into damage. As for defensive points, you should put points into DEF until you are around ~65% unbuffed defense and then the rest of the points should go into HP. Evasion is a useless stat as you need over 21k evasion points to get 95% evasion at lv 69.


This next build is not for the weak willed and the ...weak. You put all your points into SPD and reach 50% for your SPD stat. This will make all your already short cooldowns even shorter! 3.5second cooldown on your soaring slash! OP! Nerf pls! 1 second cooldown on round and round? OP! Nerf pls!


II. Subclass
No joke DO NOT CHOOSE GUNSLINGER FOR YOUR SUBCLASS

Gunslingers:
1. You would only have Boulder crush as your main stun ability.
2.Dark flare traps don't stack with other dark flare traps so a main class gunslinger will always have a higher level dark trap than you thus making your traps do 0 damage.
You might be saying that only way to kill those geared out tanks/bards is to use a dark flare trap, BUT here is the problem, how the heck are you going to keep them on it if you don't have a stun? (assuming you use the -10% def mastery). No decent person is going to just walk up to your dark flare trap and sit on it while it ticks on them for all their HP.
3.If you choose the gunslinger mastery for -10% def you are giving up your 3sec stun which has a 1.5sec cooldown. and also think of it this way, It takes about ~17/18k def to cap at lv 69.
4. Gunslinger skills have too long of a cooldown if you're a subclass thats not a SPD build and they don't really do that much damage as a subclass anyways. Sub classes are meant to be there for utility purposes, not for damage.

Subclasses you SHOULD consider
-Wizard
1.Ranged AoE stun + gap closer. Need I say more? Also an AoE immobilize <--
2.1 Debuff removal <-- could potentially save your life in the middle of pvp.
3. Although not as useful as other subclasses in pve, instant thunder and ice storm could be used to CC the mobs long enough for your party to wipe them.
4. 20% crit damage buff

-Sorcerer
1. 2 words. Nightmare Totem. nuff said.
2. ranged immobilize
3. When stacked up, dots in pve will outdps duelist dots.
4. Debuff Removal
5. Damage buff

-Grenadier
1.Ranged stun + immobilize
2. Turret can give crit damage if correct mastery is selected.
3. Crit chance buff.

-Warbow(Experimental build)
1.Spd + Acc% buff
2.Blessing of the Winds OP buff
3.With a SPD build on a rav you'd do pretty much the same damage a warbow would.

-Katar
1.Fastest ranged stun ingame
2.sort of a self heal?
3.the lv 60 orange katar weapon gives 35% crit dmg as a buff
4.ultimate skills?!?!? -.-
5.dmg + crit buff
III. Gear

Axe: Cleaver of the sky - +15% damage on our most spammable skill + 3% dmg proc
OR Nazrudin Axe for the Zeal proc
Subclass: Anything with nocturnal for pve. PVP Weapon for PVP (durrr )
Trophies: No brainer here, dual Malodnaks claw (green AND orange) for PVE
Green malodnaks and Toto's Shard for PVP
Accessories: Gold dmg/crit dmg lv 55 set (Gekasso/Saint Hale/Talamund's) The other set (the +8% crit dmg/3% eva set could be used ONLY if it doesn't put you over the capped crit damage 300%)
Top set: Revelation or Titan ( Devourer top set gives higher crit than Revelation but then gives lower damage so it could also be a poor mans choice.)
Bottom set: OF COURSE Lethal Beast Set (chance to do double damage OP! Nerf pls!) (Lion's Roar set gives an extra 40% crit damage than the Lethal beast set. It would be good IF you won't be over capped crit damage with the Lion set. The 50% bonus attack speed buff also ONLY applies to auto attacks and not the SPD stat.)

IV.Envoy Path
<-- Current ravager as of 4/10/2014

<-- Future ravager after we get the ragebar mechanic.

V. Secret Stones
6% crit dmg with the second stat depending on your playstyle.
PVE: 2% DMG or -2% Damage Taken
PVP: 3% Acc

VI. Masteries
1.Boulder Crush
2.Zeal
3.Extreme Speed
4.Break defense or expose weakness
5.The best defense

VII. Videos (Requested)
Otherworld AT Solo mode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zQsXxF6z1U

Otherworld MS Solo mode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3_-wIEqfDM&feature=youtu.be

Solo Abyss Run: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAQHzIseweY

Otherworlds AT/GG/MS Party/Hard modes (forgot to record AT Hard): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aJ3WOL-wQw

K THX FOR READING THIS GUIDE BY THE TOP RAVAGER. I KNOW THAT AFTER READING THIS AND ADJUSTING YOUR BUILD THAT YOU WILL START TO WRECK IN PVE AND PVP
Advertisement

xdarkcloudz

Rank 0
xdarkcloudz
Joined
16 Mar 2010
Posts
48
Location
Canada
PostedMar 08, 2014 12:21 am
SPD RAV FTW

TopHeals

Rank 1
TopHeals
Joined
14 Jan 2014
Posts
304
Location
Canada
PostedMar 08, 2014 12:34 am
Keep in mind, wizard subclass isn't that good in PvE, but if you want to PvP wizard is the #1 subclass to go. Two words, instant thunder. We lack a good stun. Also for PvP I recommend using crit dmg accessories.

xdarkcloudz

Rank 0
xdarkcloudz
Joined
16 Mar 2010
Posts
48
Location
Canada
PostedMar 08, 2014 12:54 am
take ur trash advice somewhere else scrub~

LORD OF THE ARENA > UNRANKED GARBAGE

criticalcarry

Rank 2
criticalcarry
Joined
11 Jan 2013
Posts
478
Location
Vietnam
PostedMar 08, 2014 12:55 am
TopHeals wrote:
Keep in mind, wizard subclass isn't that good in PvE, but if you want to PvP wizard is the #1 subclass to go. Two words, instant thunder. We lack a good stun. Also for PvP I recommend using crit dmg accessories.  


Sub wizard not good in PVE? Do you not like the AoE Stun? AoE immobilization?

Desparae

Rank 5
Desparae
Joined
26 Aug 2013
Posts
3901
Location
United States
PostedMar 08, 2014 1:19 am
Awesome! Finally, a post by someone with more experience. Thanks whales (:

I do have some questions for you.

First, I see in the first build your crit dmg is 253%. That's with wizard buff on, correct? Also, do you have toto's on in that one? Judging by that and the acc, I guess that's your PvP build. Since you recommended maldonak's over toto's for PvE... I'm not really sure which one is better.

Also, how did you get such high HP with Lethal Beast set? Is it just from being high level? I estimated my HP to be around 45k or so when I switch to it at 65. Maybe it's just because I have a lot more in defense atm.

Last little thing-- wouldn't jawbreaker be more useful in certain PvE settings? I think in places like IA, boulder crush might be good for some of the elite mobs to stop fires from spawning all over, but on normal dungeon bosses the DoT is nice. So like, for otherworlds I think jawbreaker is better.


Oh, and a quick edit too; would you only recommend using a sort of speed build if going for the full 50%? Or would it be useful to go like 20-30%? I'm not sure how much crit/dmg would have to be sacrificed to get that much.

TopHeals

Rank 1
TopHeals
Joined
14 Jan 2014
Posts
304
Location
Canada
PostedMar 08, 2014 1:25 am
xdarkcloudz wrote:
take ur trash advice somewhere else scrub~

LORD OF THE ARENA > UNRANKED GARBAGE  

More like lord of the stun and jump. You think being lord of the arena means anything? Wow you're trash. Also AOE immobilize and stun is useless when you're n a party. You literally only want wiz for the stun and immobilize and I find that funny. More DPS > a faster stun. Your role in the party is main DPS not support stun god of arena LOL.

And here you have it folks, the best PvPer makes a thread and his monkey friends who you got this information from:

- Ravager can out dps wizards
- Ravager speed > crit
- Go full DMG after 60% crit even tho I have 55% crit rate

Claim to be the best. brb loling.

ipokewhales

Rank 1
ipokewhales
Joined
31 Jan 2014
Posts
273
Location
United States
PostedMar 08, 2014 1:34 am
Desparae wrote:
Awesome! Finally, a post by someone with more experience. Thanks whales (:

I do have some questions for you.

First, I see in the first build your crit dmg is 253%. That's with wizard buff on, correct? Also, do you have toto's on in that one? Judging by that and the acc, I guess that's your PvP build. Since you recommended maldonak's over toto's for PvE... I'm not really sure which one is better.

Also, how did you get such high HP with Lethal Beast set? Is it just from being high level? I estimated my HP to be around 45k or so when I switch to it at 65. Maybe it's just because I have a lot more in defense atm.

Last little thing-- wouldn't jawbreaker be more useful in certain PvE settings? I think in places like IA, boulder crush might be good for some of the elite mobs to stop fires from spawning all over, but on normal dungeon bosses the DoT is nice. So like, for otherworlds I think jawbreaker is better.


Oh, and a quick edit too; would you only recommend using a sort of speed build if going for the full 50%? Or would it be useful to go like 20-30%? I'm not sure how much crit/dmg would have to be sacrificed to get that much.  




1. Yes that is with the wiz buff on and also using toto's shard + green malodnaks. The only thing I change from my PVP to PVE build is the subweapon. I switch my fell staff for a nocturnal staff for pve. The thing about the malodnak trophies are that if you read the text closely, the orange one only does bonus damages to bosses while the green one does bonus damage to everything, hence replacing the orange one for toto's shard would make sense for pvp.

2.It could be due to the the bonus hp from achievements maybe? I'm using revelation + lethal beast so I guess it could all come down to the eidolon bonus / level difference.

3.You are correct when you say jawbreaker is better dps but it's so tedious to switch masteries so I just end up using boulder crush for pve/pvp. It's also saved me a bunch of times during otherworld hells where a single mob could wreck you. Usually if you have a decent party in otherworlds, the small 2.5k tick wouldn't do much damage.

4.speed build is insanely fun to play and it's a pretty unique build. The full lethal beast set is required for this build as you'd pretty much have around ~40 crit change with 0 points into crit. It wouldn't be worth it unless you have at least ~40% speed.

Desparae

Rank 5
Desparae
Joined
26 Aug 2013
Posts
3901
Location
United States
PostedMar 08, 2014 1:49 am
ipokewhales wrote:
1. Yes that is with the wiz buff on and also using toto's shard + green malodnaks. The only thing I change from my PVP to PVE build is the subweapon. I switch my fell staff for a nocturnal staff for pve. The thing about the malodnak trophies are that if you read the text closely, the orange one only does bonus damages to bosses while the green one does bonus damage to everything, hence replacing the orange one for toto's shard would make sense for pvp.

2.It could be due to the the bonus hp from achievements maybe? I'm using revelation + lethal beast so I guess it could all come down to the eidolon bonus / level difference.

3.You are correct when you say jawbreaker is better dps but it's so tedious to switch masteries so I just end up using boulder crush for pve/pvp. It's also saved me a bunch of times during otherworld hells where a single mob could wreck you. Usually if you have a decent party in otherworlds, the small 2.5k tick wouldn't do much damage.

4.speed build is insanely fun to play and it's a pretty unique build. The full lethal beast set is required for this build as you'd pretty much have around ~40 crit change with 0 points into crit. It wouldn't be worth it unless you have at least ~40% speed.  


So for PvE, you would say the orange malodnak's trophy is definitely better than toto's? My thought process is that the crit dmg applies to all mobs, while the 45% dmg proc is only on bosses. I'm not sure though, because another person also advised me to go dual malodnak's.

Also, I had another question comparing sacred scar axe to cleaver of the sky. I know that cleaver is better for ravager main class, but would you say the difference is that huge? I use destroyer core on my axe, with a life leech staff, and it seems to be doing pretty well-- especially with a wiz in the party. Would using it until Nazrudin's comes out just be a complete scrub move? I'm not sure if you've tried both.

Oo, and another quick one. Do you transform your gears with crit or dmg? I find the crit boost to be pretty significant, but I haven't crunched any numbers to make an argument for either of the two.

ipokewhales

Rank 1
ipokewhales
Joined
31 Jan 2014
Posts
273
Location
United States
PostedMar 08, 2014 2:01 am
Desparae wrote:
ipokewhales wrote:
1. Yes that is with the wiz buff on and also using toto's shard + green malodnaks. The only thing I change from my PVP to PVE build is the subweapon. I switch my fell staff for a nocturnal staff for pve. The thing about the malodnak trophies are that if you read the text closely, the orange one only does bonus damages to bosses while the green one does bonus damage to everything, hence replacing the orange one for toto's shard would make sense for pvp.

2.It could be due to the the bonus hp from achievements maybe? I'm using revelation + lethal beast so I guess it could all come down to the eidolon bonus / level difference.

3.You are correct when you say jawbreaker is better dps but it's so tedious to switch masteries so I just end up using boulder crush for pve/pvp. It's also saved me a bunch of times during otherworld hells where a single mob could wreck you. Usually if you have a decent party in otherworlds, the small 2.5k tick wouldn't do much damage.

4.speed build is insanely fun to play and it's a pretty unique build. The full lethal beast set is required for this build as you'd pretty much have around ~40 crit change with 0 points into crit. It wouldn't be worth it unless you have at least ~40% speed.  


So for PvE, you would say the orange malodnak's trophy is definitely better than toto's? My thought process is that the crit dmg applies to all mobs, while the 45% dmg proc is only on bosses. I'm not sure though, because another person also advised me to go dual malodnak's.

Also, I had another question comparing sacred scar axe to cleaver of the sky. I know that cleaver is better for ravager main class, but would you say the difference is that huge? I use destroyer core on my axe, with a life leech staff, and it seems to be doing pretty well-- especially with a wiz in the party. Would using it until Nazrudin's comes out just be a complete scrub move? I'm not sure if you've tried both.

Oo, and another quick one. Do you transform your gears with crit or dmg? I find the crit boost to be pretty significant, but I haven't crunched any numbers to make an argument for either of the two.  


For general mobs/elites yeah toto's is better than orange malodnaks but it's really a hassle to open your inventory and switching it every boss you get to.

I would totally recommend cleaver over any other axe in the game thats available right now(and the future according to portskandia.com) The 3% damage is definitely better than a 2.4k dot. Also the cleaver gives +5% max hp so I guess thats where my high hp comes from. The 15% damage on raging slash is very beneficial. For example a 20k raging would do 23k in pvp, it'll scale up as you get more and more geared out. Also the Sacred scar can only go up to 130% while a cleaver can go up to 140% so you can also factor that in. The 4% crit rate from nazrudin's axe on a skill thats not really used that much doesn't seem that useful for me at least.

And yes I transformed my gear for crit/dmg while subtracting defense.
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: