tinqq

Rank 0
PostedMar 06, 2014 12:00 am

RAV/GREN

For PVP lovers
I made countless mistakes choosing sub for Rav from wiz , sorc , gs ,katar to currently Gren just for pvp's sake and i felt that Gren is by far the all rounder sub for Rav to be a true pvp monster.

By choosing Gren as sub the advantages of dueling or at battle field is as follows:
1. have a long range first hit stun
2. have a long range freeze hold
3. have 3 dot skills raging slash , flame slash and fiery grenade

Dueling different classes u can apply different combos :

Example for range classes with sleep or traps : applied stun - mirror - fiery grenade - ice - flame slash - aerial - raging - round and round.

For melee classes with dash stun: applied ice - mirror - fiery grenade - stun - flame slash - aerial - raging - round and round.

If your dmg and crit dmg is high usually they will die before or after aerial
the rest all lies in having the same or better gears then your opponents.

stats should be like this @ lvl 60
dmg 80k or above
crit 60%
cdmg 230% or more
spd 10%-15%
def 60%
hp : 40k or more
acc: 45% or more

i rarely seen a rav/gren when i dueling mostly is sub guard or duelist.
Advertisement

Desparae

Rank 5
Desparae
PostedMar 06, 2014 1:57 pm
Yup, grenadier is definitely one of the top subs for PvP on ravager, if not the best. However, the trade off with it is that you will be garbage in PvE, at least as far as sub skills go.

When I hit 60 and started to PvP less, I realized just how bad gren was in dungeons. The only skill I saw myself using much was fiery grenade, and you can't even ranged cycle bosses with under like 20% speed. So yeah, I decided to change recently.

But for PvP, the long range stun is AWESOME, plain and simple. You can stun people before they get a chance to get to you because of the secret stone boost in range. Wizard fireball stun is the only similar range stun, which most wizards don't use (rely on lightning instead). Grenadier's stun, and to a lesser extent the immobilize are the main perks of the class. It also helps that the weapon stats are all useful to ravager.

tinqq

Rank 0
PostedMar 18, 2014 8:26 pm
sadly i discovered a fatal weakness , i dunno if its the animation or the lack of speed salvo stun always got cancelled if the opponent cast a dash stun , example like if i cast salvo and opp cast instant thunder, i will be stunned and he wouldnt.

tichen

Rank 0
PostedMar 18, 2014 10:16 pm

sorc or wizard

why not these ones
what is so bad about having sorcerer or wizard. My sub class is currently katar I am thinking of changing it to wizard

adams_gameworld

Rank 0
PostedMar 20, 2014 6:29 am
is the skill spammable atlist??.together with rav skill?..coz ill change to gren if yes, im currently a rav/gun....n my prob is i cant spam gun skill coz of slow CD....i have a prob dealing boss dat can instantly kill u with red carpet so mostly i do range atak....or any sub class dat can spam skill?...or should i just put spid??

tinqq

Rank 0
PostedMar 21, 2014 2:41 am
like above mentioned , you will have long range stun and ice and stack 3 dot skills , good against classes with traps and sleep but abit vunerable against classes with dash stun.

TopHeals

Rank 1
TopHeals
PostedMar 21, 2014 12:32 pm
tinqq wrote:
sadly i discovered a fatal weakness , i dunno if its the animation or the lack of speed salvo stun always got cancelled if the opponent cast a dash stun , example like if i cast salvo and opp cast instant thunder, i will be stunned and he wouldnt.  

You already said it. Your stun and ice is NOT fast enough to beat katar dash stun or wizard instant thunder most of the time. Best subclass for 1v1 PvP is probably still Katar or Wizard but gunslinger vs bards and tanks with enough accuracy. Grenadier probably best for group PvPs but PvP is also reliant on GEAR as well so PvE might be a harder time on grenadier sub.