Katsuka_Ren

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
PostedFeb 28, 2014 3:00 pm   Last edited by Katsuka_Ren on Mar 03, 2014 1:19 am. Edited 1 time in total

<Guide> Gunslinger/Katar's 3 Builds

Your Complete Guide for Gunslingers! -by Siren's No.1 Ninja Gunner. Updated as of 3/2/2014 * v * )b
-About Kats-

Hi hi~ the name is Katsuka, but just call me Kats! I first started playing Gunslinger as my main character since open beta and chose Siren for my lair~
Here are the list of history of my experience playing GS:

- GS/Duelist
- GS/Grenadier
- GS/Wizard
- GS/Sorcerer
- GS/Katar

I tried all sort of builds and found GS/Wiz or GS/Katar the most fun to play (based on self-preference) So, I decided to make a guide to share some of my experiences~ As this is my first guide please bear with me for some errors. >w<

-Skills and Masteries-

First, let's see what I have to say about Gunslinger's skills list. * v * )b

Ranks of the 3 rotation skills based on (from highest to lowest):
Damage Amp: Bombardment > Sonic Bomb > Aimed Shot
Cooldown: Aimed Shot > Bombardment = Sonic Bomb
Projectile Speed/Animation Cast: Bombardment > Aimed Shot > Sonic Bomb

1) Aimed Shot - Aimed Shot has the lowest damage amp, but it has a faster projectile speed and animation cast than sonic bomb. This skill is in fact your main killing source due to the amount of upgrades you get from various sources (Masteries, Sigils, Weapon, Etc).

2) Bombardment - Bombardment has highest damage amp, and has the fastest projectile speed (it hits your enemy instantly the moment you cast) but has the highest cooldown. Mind you, even though this skill is counted as 1 whole damage, it consists of 5 rounds of bullets within a cast, we will discuss about these 5 rounds of bullets later on.

3) Sonic Bomb - Sonic Bomb has the second highest damage amp but it has a very slow casting time before it release the shot (even that 0.5 second charge matters in PVP). Now, even though it lost in terms of damage with bombardment, this doesn't mean you are not gonna use it in your rotation skills. In fact, this skill will hurt more if you use a storm gun which again, I will explain later on.

4) Frost Trap - "OP" said the melee societies, yes, since GS doesn't have escape ability (like wiz has instant teleportation + debuff removal skill, etc), you have to rely on your trap setups. This doesn't mean you just spam your frost trap everywhere though, timing and situation is needed on when and where are you going to place your trap, will be discussed later.

5) Dark Flare Trap - This trap is your DoT damage source. It gives DoT and -75% healing which is extremely what you need against bards or any other kind of healing moves. Usage of this trap varies more than frost trap, usage of it will be discussed later.

6) Decoy - Won't do anything for you in PvP, but this is also one of your best partner in PvE, just be careful on the usage of decoy, wrong usage can make your run longer but right usage of this skill can make your dungeon runs twice as fast and easier than before. Will be discussed in future updates.

7)Ultraviolet Catastrophe - I am sorry to tell you but if you are using this in PvP then you are digging your own grave :<
This skill has the HIGHEST damage amp among all GS skills, however, due to it's extremely long animation cast time and it's extreme close range, you don't want to use this in PvP. On the other hand, this skill is one of your best ally for PvE, just be careful not to get animation locked, which I will talk about later.

8 ) Mental Focus - Your friendly SPD buff.

-PVE Mastery-

("LOL, blue pinpoint strike, y u no green?! Noob!!") - Well, I am sorry, I don't like doing dailies :[

-Pinpoint strike - this mastery gives you more DPS in dungeons, so you can kill the mobs faster. 10% on blue and 15% on green.

-Zeal - This mastery is pretty much gambling but it stacks with gunslinger since they have fast attack speed and it does stacks with discerning attack!

-Exploding Wolf Trap - makes your trap 10 level higher than you which gives it even more DoT, it won't show +10 in the skill bar, but it does work. (If you are curious, try taking in and out the mastery with damage dealt log on so you can compare the damage)

-Extreme Speed - this mastery is pretty much my preference and most favorite mastery that I use in almost each of my toons. Reason being that at orange level, this gives you 6% eva and 15% movement speed. What we want is not the eva% but the mspd%. 15% mspd is huge! stacked with gunslinger's own passive (10% mspd), it gives you 125% mspd with just taking this orange mastery. Mspd is important in order for you to dodge AoEs and is useful for various stuff. Further usage of Mspd will be discussed later.

-Break Defense - this one gives you a 25% chance to reduce your opponent's armor by 20% at orange level. It is extremely good for PvE as -20% on boss fights will make their life drop like water.

-Best Defense - Again, this is my own preference. I am originally and mainly focus on PvP-ing so I am not so fond of evasion, so I prefer def, and def itself helps you not to get one shot by bosses.

-PVP Mastery-

("OMG, are you kidding me? Another blue mastery?! JEEZ, so NOOB") - (╥﹏╥ ) stop bullying me

-Focused Blast - Oh wow....50% accuracy (25% on blue)...R.I.P eva players...with this mastery, your aimed shot will most of the time hit everyone even the 95% eva players, unless they really slip away with some luck. Although, of course you will still need base accuracy for your other skills, so don't think just taking this mastery will be enough to match up with 95% eva players.

-Zeal - Same theory as pve

-Pitfall - Now this, this is one of the variation of usage of the dark flare trap I mentioned earlier, for PvE u go for higher damage of DFT, while for PvP, this skill is one of your "spammable" skill. By spammable, I don't really mean literally spamming it every time it goes off-cooldown, time and situation is still important for the usage of this skill. Pitfall gives you 5% mspd on blue and 7% mspd on green for 10 seconds. Mspd for pvp will be discussed later.

-Extreme Spd - Mspd for pvp to be discussed in further update.

-Expose Weakness - this mastery is probably one of the best mastery for pvp, especially for DPS. The reason to this is because it reduced healing by 40% at orange level. If your opponent is hit by this debuff, any heals they received from their healer will be reaaaaally small that it doesn't even matter (unless that healer is really geared with 300% heal or something). This is mostly useful against tanky players who can't be one shotted.

-Best Defense - again, this is my personal preference for pvp as I am not so fond of eva. The reason to this will be discussed later.

-Envoy Paths-

First things first, if you are a fellow gunslinger/katar like me, do you use ults/combo skills?
If yes, then the best possible envoy path will look like this:

and if you don't use ult, you will be able to invest that 3 extra point somewhere else, here are the possible paths that I personally would suggest:

1) Red Path: 1% primary weapon crit rate, 2% primary weapon dmg, and 2% dmg
2) Blue Path: max hp +5% (can change it to 4% def but i prefer 5% max hp)
3) Purple path: max hp +2% , def +1%, Lash Out (only if you don't play 100% crit rate build)

Now, an explanation as to why I picked this envoy path:
- 10% primary weapon dmg <Gives you more DPS>
- 6% dmg <Gives you DPS and enhance your sub-weapon skills too>
- 30% primary weapon c.dmg <Gives more DPS too>
- 8.8% crit rate <this is nominal, and exact crit rate increase by 8.8%, which is really good>
- 5% primary weapon crit rate <this serves the same as the 8.8% crit rate but only for your gun skills>
- -30% c.dmg taken <this is really good against people with high crit damage, as that 30% can keep you alive for a payback, very good both in pve and pvp>
- Lethal Armor <this envoy works best when you capped def stats>
- Discerning Attack <this is one of the best envoy that ever exist in the game, every attack will have a 30% chance to trigger this buff that will cause double damage on your next attack, which is why GS can sometimes 1 shot people, a must take envoy for whichever build you play>

There is another interesting path worth mentioning, which is the 10% mspd path:

This build sacrifices your 2% overall damage and trade it with the 2% dmg on gun, so it's not really that much of a trade. But what matters will be the 3% crit rate on gun and all your combo skills. If your sub-class doesn't have combo skills, I would recommend taking this path or the purple path. The 10% mspd is good for both PVE and PVP. Remember to take the 3% crit rate for gun instead of lethal armor if your defense isn't high enough to exceed 2% crit rate (take lethal armor if the crit rate bonus is minimal 2-3%). The reason why I insist on taking the -30% crit damage envoy is because you need to at least have some defense with you. -30% crit damage in exchange of 3% crit rate or 2% dmg is worth it just so you won't get 1 shotted by bosses/players.

-Stats allocation-

Defense Stats

First, let's see what do I have behind my defense stats * v * )b

As you can see, I am playing the DEF and HP build. When some people sees gunslinger and they think about defense stats, they might go like "Oh, it's probably 95% eva that works best". But in the current meta, that's not the case anymore! You see, both in PvE and PvP, pure 95% eva won't help you anymore. First, let's talk about PvE. In PvE, sure eva can help you dodge the normal mobs attack and the boss' auto-attack. But mind you that eva won't help you to dodge the boss' skills and AoE. Even bosses in Infernal Abyss' 40+ floors have accuracy that can bypass your 95% evasion. Meanwhile, in PvP. During those early days of arena, you can see some duelists went Kirito 1v5 play with their 95% eva. However, with people investing on accuracy sigils, all the eva players are suffering now. I'm not saying 95% eva is bad, but with only pure 95% eva, it IS bad. If you want to go evasion, you will still need DEF so just you wont get one-shotted. I've seen people with 95% eva and 75% def lately, and these 2 combo is pretty good. With 95% eva and 75% def, it is indeed good in both PvE and PvP. However, this build also have a fatal flaw. Let's say, you have a 95% eva and 75% def with 140k damage and 35k HP. Then, you meet an opponent, who has 140k damage as well, but with 75% def and allocate their points to HP so they have 45k HP. Battle start, you dealt 40k damage to them, they have 5k HP left. Then, they dealt 40k damage to you, no miss, and you died instantly in 1 hit. Case like that can happen since people are investing on accuracy sigils, there are even people who went 50%+ base accuracy. So, think about it, if you are bound to be hit anyways even with or without eva, then why bother to invest in eva? As for PvE, 95% eva and 75% def is also good, but let's say, you are fighting bloodface titanus who has the capability of one-shotting DPSes like GS and Wiz with his ranged shockwave. Let's say his attack deals 40k damage as well and you only have 35k HP because you invest in eva points. If he miss, then good, no damage. If he doesn't miss, bam, you still die even with 75% def. Now another case, you have 75% def with 45k HP because you allocate in HP points, titanus deals you 40k damage, bam, you still live wih 5k HP, your bard proceeds to full restore your life to max. Which one excels more? All I could see is DEF+HP is better than DEF+EVA. 75% DEF 95% EVA is good and pretty much even necessary for guardians. The reason to this is because they have high base HP in the first place. A well-geared guardian, can go 75% def 95% eva and 80k HP, which is indeed a catastrophe. However, DPS like GS or Wiz, will be hard to reach 75% def 95% eva with having even 40k HP.

*The reason as to why I only have 9 points in HP is because:
1) I haven't really have that high fortification level for armors.
2) Most of my armor have low DEF% rate.
You can exchange the DEF stats points by fortifying your armor. That way, you can have more HP points to spend.

To summarize it:
Gunslingers go 75% def and the rest to HP. Evasion is optional but not recommended.

Offensive Stats Branch 1 = Full DMG - Assassinating Your Opponent Like a Ninja

Here's what I am wearing currently for both PvE and PvP:

For Full DMG build, you go all out in DMG like MAD. You don't need to have 100k DMG, even 80-85k is quite high. The advantage of going full DMG build is that you benefit from your Best Defense mastery that gives defense for 2% of your DMG, so the more DMG you have, the higher DEF you receive. Something you need to keep in mind for a full DMG build, is that you will need to have at least 50% crit rate for your gun. In my case, I have 52.56% crit rate with 47.56% crit rate for katar. I could get 2% more DMG from my envoy in exchange of that 3% gun crit rate, but I am planning to get 0.44% more crit rate before taking it out, 49.56% doesn't feel right to me. If you can't achieve 50% minimum crit rate, 40% crit rate is fine too, but if you go lower than that you will have trouble trying to activate your Lion's Roar set buff. Another thing worth mentioning in full DMG build is damage multipliers. Let's say, that 10% damage bonus against bosses deals 8k bonus damage to bosses because you dealt 80k per hit to bosses because you have only 80k DMG (this is just assumption, not exact value) but that 10% bonus damage, will deal 10k bonus damage because you dealt 100k per hit to bosses due to 100k DMG. This also work with criticals and the c.dmg multipliers. More damage you dealt, the higher your critical will be, and the higher c.dmg multiplier you have, the more your critical will hurt.

To summarize it:
- Full DMG maximize damage multipliers to bosses or player
- Full DMG allows you to kill beefy players who wear survivor set in PvP
- Full DMG maximize your best defense stats, more def also maximize your lethal armor mastery.
- Full DMG also benefit from your discerning attack, zeal, malodnak sharp claw, and double/triple damage food buffs.
- Most importantly: Full DMG has the HIGHEST BURST compared to the other builds.

Main Gear sets for full DMG build

M.Weap - Blue Eagle Pistols
S.Weap - Katars of the Saintly Punisher - I am still wearing demon winged katar because I haven't got the recipe yet. <Fell Core for PvP> , <Deadly/Nocturnal for PvE>

Head Armor - Revelation Head Ornament <Spiky/Bestial/Imperial Core>
Body Armor - Revelation Body Ornament <Spiky/Bestial/Imperial Core>

1st Obvious reason why you want to wear revelation top set in full dmg build, is because of the ridiculously huge amount of DMG they give you, which is 8500 DMG for me.
2nd Reason that is mostly overlooked by almost every DPS, is revelation's set bonus = heal +10%. "WTF, YOU ARE DPS Y U CARE ABOUT HEAL". Now, I give you 1 question. How much is 10% of 22k? 2.2k, correct. What if I tell you, if you go GS/Katar, your inner strength heal is as much 22k on crit and 9.5k without crit? It seems that heal rate of inner strength is affected by your dmg of katar and c.dmg%. The more DMG I have on my katar, the higher the base heal rate is, and since I have 231% C.DMG base (Yeah, I know it sucks), 230% of 9.5k is = 21850, with that 10% heal bonus from revelation, it becomes 2185 bonus heal, which then give you 24k heal. I have 40k HP, if i heal for 24k, thats 60% of my health, instant heal. Since I won't get 1-shotted by people due to 75% def, that instant 60% heal every 13s (for me) is an extreme survivability skill. Since that 10% adds 2k, its actually synergize with Full DMG build DPS even better than most people think.

Waist Armor - Perihelion's Belt of Exile
Wrist Armor - Dullas' Biting Grasp
Foot Armor - Leon's Bloody Step

I wear the Lion's Roar set instead of the Lethal Beast set. "YOU NEWB, DPS SHOULD WEAR THE DOUBLE DAMAGE SET, Y U WEAR THIS THING" No....both sets are good for DPS indeed. I myself have tried the Lethal Beast set and it feels really good to have lethal beast + zeal + discerning attack + malodnak + triple dmg drink + triple cast food but.....bro.....you lose 4500 HP (HP nominal depends on your armor roll, its 4.5k for me). Lion Roar's set gives you HP bonus, as well as constant 55% crit damage. Meanwhile, Lethal beast gives you 11% crit rate (pure crit rate, 11% not including the nominal crit bonus they give you), and 15% c.dmg. Lion's Roar with the 15s +50% aspd buff (I tested it, this stacks and breaks the limit of 50% spd cap). That 4.5k HP is really big, no one should underestimate that loss of 4.5k HP. Both buff procs with the same critical hit chance, which is every 15% of your critical hits. The difference between the two is that one is a 15s buff and the other one is one-time use per proc (Programmed Random OCcurence). This buff upkeep lasts almost forever, even in arena you will have the upkeep the whole 10mins if you keep on attacking. In PvE, it's like forever upkeep of 50% aspd increase. With both having the same proc rate, wearing lethal beast set is still ok. But as for my own personal preference, I pick lion's roar for its extra HP, constant 40% C.DMG increase, an everlasting proc buff (unlike lethal beast which is a gamble since only once per proc), and that 50% aspd buff is just too good for gunslingers. Did you know? That with jump casts or enough attack speed, you can slip in 1-2 autoattack between casts? This is a secret between several players and there are only a few in the community that realized this, I'm telling this because I think there is no point in keeping it a secret anymore since all the people that knew this have already reached the top tier. Yes, you can slip through 1-2 AAs if you do jump casts. With the 50% aspd buff proc, you can slip the AAs faster and easier. This is true, fact, and tested. Mind you, if you have low ASPD rate, this AA-between-cast might not work sometimes, but with the 50% aspd buff from the lion's roar, you can see that AA slipstream most of the time. Reminder: DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE YOUR AUTO-ATTACK! A geared wizard, with 90k dmg, 50% spd and 50% aspd buff proc from this set, killed a low to decent geared bards (50% def 50k HP or something like that) within 1-2 second with just auto attacks, believe me. That slip through AAs between casts boosts your DPS even more.

Back - Talamund's Infernal Whisper
Necklace - Gekasso's Eye of Insanity
Ring - Saint Hale's Divine Band

"EHHH?! BUT THE FAMOUS AND MOST EXPENSIVE SET THAT MOST PEOPLE WEAR IS THE FREDERIC SET!!" Come on, not all DPS build need to wear that set. Think about it again. this set provides you with the highest DMG% rate compared to all other accessories set, it gives you 9% of damage with all 3 combined. "HEY, FREDERIC SET GIVES YOU MORE DMG THAN TALAMUND!" Yes, frederic back gives 546 damage (varies depending on roll, this info is based on portskandia), and talamund gives 462 damage, but keep in mind about the 9% damage in total. Believe me, these 3 set gives me 9k DMG boost, that is like 7-8k more damage than what frederic set gives. Not to mention, frederic gives you eva and talamund gives you HP, so what will you pick if you have read what I stated in the defensive build? Of course talamund set, it gives you HP + DMG% and still gives you 4% cdmg each (frederic gives 8% cdmg, and eva% but this is only good for some other classes and builds, not full damage builds). Sadly, it doesn't give you crit but spd instead. I would prefer crit than spd but well, all is good, 9% dmg boost is more superior.

Trophy 1 - Malodnak's Sharp Claw <-- Your permanent trophy
Trophy 2 - Caroline's Intent - <Spiky/Bestial/Imperial Core> <-- Your changeable trophy

For trophies, we wear Malodnak's Sharp Claw for PvP, and Malodnak's Dark Claw for PvE. As DPS we should have several gears ready for different situation, so have 1 green and 1 orange malodnak, cores will still be spiky/bestial/imperial, the reason why malodnak? That 30% or 45% damage is just too good. The reason why I put the green one on permanent is because that 30% damage bonus stacks with the 45% damage bonus for PvE, so in PvEs, you can use both for a proc that can gives 30% + 45% damage bonus for bosses. Another option is caroline's intent in case you want to have more survivability. I also wear caroline's intent for PvP because of the extra nominal damage they give you (orange malodnak gives you extra crit nominal instead). HOWEVER, keep in mind, that the 5% lifesteal proc, IS A LIE. It WON'T give you any lifesteal on skills, but ONLY on Auto-Attacks. Yes, the lifesteal will only come from auto-attacks, not from skills. That's the reason why I said your auto-attack is important, not only Lion's Roar boost your auto-attack into a greater extent, this trophy gives your auto-attack lifesteal ability. So, there are 3 trophies that you can pick from.

Substitute Gear sets for full DMG build - If you are low budgeted or haven't got recipe yet

Main Weapon - Soul Piercing Pistols
Sub Weapon - Harvey's Mithril Claws of Fury <Fell Core for PvP> , <Deadly/Nocturnal for PvE>

"BRO, YOU ARE JOKING RIGHT?! LV40 KATAR?! REALLY?!" This is possibly the best option of katar besides Demon Winged Katar if you are low budgeted. I know it's a lv40 weapon and thus the damage and everything sucks. But what can we do? Katar of Saintly Punisher is rare since its dropped from 5th floor of ST, I have completed floor 10 of ST 3 times since ST opened, and I haven't got a single recipe, I know how rare it is, and that's what make it expensive. The reason why I pick this katar instead of demon winged, is because, first, you still need to pay 120g for Demon Winged lv60 Crafted and you will still need to change to Saintly Punisher later on, so that's 120g wasted (Unless you really want that damage for ult or katar dmg boost). Now, the reason why I picked 40 instead of 50/60 is because of the proc. Look at the lv40 katar proc, 8% chance to deal extra damage. This proc is what we want. And if you notice, the lv60 Soul Piercing Gun has the exact same proc as the lv40 katar. "OMG IS THAT A COINCIDENCE". No, it isn't a coincidence, I made it so you can have an extra DPS source in exchange of the weapons I listed above. This 8% bonus damage proc works just like zeal. With this 2 weapons, you will have: Zeal, Discerning Attack, Malodnak Sharp Claw, Malodnak Dark Claw (if PvE), Soul Piercing Pistol, Harvey's Mithril Claws of Fury, and possibly some double damage food + drink (you can afford to get this for free by gathering yourself, and get 1 gold or so from running dungeons, don't be lazy! As a DPS it's your role as damage source in your party, if you go IA or ST without foods no one would want to see you ever again, make the food by yourself, don't buy it if you have low budget, spend them on your weapon). Also, the reason why I didn't give you the The Duke's Duelers for substitute of Blue Eagle Gun, is because of the crit +3% and that OP zeal-like proc instead of mspd 5% and a spd buff that you wont need as a full damage build. Farm for money via dungeons with your lv50 140% max pistols if you don't have money to buy soul piercing pistol's recipe rather than wasting it on 120g.

*Important note: When using Harvey's Katar, DO NOT rely on your katar skills as your damaging source, they will act like your support instead of main damage source. In any case, even with katar of saintly punisher, gun skills will still be your MAIN damaging source, those sparks and flames or lotus strike will still serve as your side skill, so don't rely on them.

Head Armor - Strategist's Cap - For PvP
Aria's Cap -- Requiem's Headguard -- Hood of Devourer - For PvE <Bestial/Spiky/Imperial Core>
Body Armor - Strategist Coat - For PvP
Aria Coat -- Requiem Light Armor -- Coat of the Devourer For PvE <Spiky/Bestial/Imperial Core>

For PvP, there is no substitute for revelation armor than the strategist set. The others just either don't have the required damage or stats bonus, and aria won't do anything good in PvP, grab a purple set, it's free if you attend arenas an collect war coin. For PvE, personal preference I would pick aria. No.1 reason being that = you won't get aggro if you don't burst too high = low budget = burst not too high compared to people who went mad +20 = won't catch aggro. Thus, even if you go aria, you won't catch aggro and this will cover up some damage that you would've got if you fortify your armor. However, if you are wearing the Soul Piercing gun and forted it up to +15 - 20 (maybe you want to transfer gun later or something, transfer gun use AP, so if you are low on budget, don't risk it), you might want to wear requiem top set. The reason to this is because requiem top set gives -15% damage reduction from bosses. This prevents you from getting oneshotted, and many people hates it when DPS dies so fast, so this will help to cover that in case you take aggro from the guardian. As for devourer, this is only for mid-budget people who wants some def and higher crit rate, otherwise I wouldn't recommend it, even if it's half the price of revelation recipes, you could've been halfway of saving up for revelation than spending it on devourer, where you are gonna change to revelation later on anyways.

Waist Armor - Great General's Sash -- Strategist Belt - For PvP
Aria Sash - For PvE <Spiky/Bestial/Imperial Core>
Wrist Armor - Great General Wristguard -- Strategist Wrist Wrap - For PvP
Aria Wrist Wraps For PvE <Spiky/Bestial/Imperial Core>
Foot Armor - Great General Leggings -- Strategist Ankle Boots - For PvP
Aria Ankle Boots For PvE <Spiky/Bestial/Imperial Core>

For the lower armor set, you guys probably already know what Aria lower set does, so I won't bother explaining it. As for PvP, why I chose great general over strategist, is because both set still gives you the bonus, c.dmg +15% against players. Why great general and not strategist, is because great general provides you with 3% player damage reduction each, at +15 fortifications you can get 4% player damage reduction each. But if you can't afford +15 fortifications, then you can use the strategist set instead. The reason why I don't put the devourer and requiem lower bottom set is because they aren't that good for full DMG builds compared to aria one's. The devourer and requiem set is only good for their top set, not for the lower set.

Back - Strategist's Cape - For PvP
Cloak of Comets -- Sloar's Slippery Skin - For PvE
Ring - Strategist's Ring - For PvP
Ring of Comets -- Varis' Signet - For PvE
Necklace - Strategist's Choker - For PvP
Necklace of Comet -- Wade's Amulet of Destruction - for PvE

The reason why purple gear set is also good for this set is because of the crit rate against player +4% bonus, 9% cdmg to players -6% reduced damage from players, and it also gives you +3% dmg with all 3 equipped and dmg/crit/hp bonus. It does the same as comet, but comet has 10% cdmg and a 393 crit rate, which is good for PvE, but the purple set will still excel in PvP. As for the varis/sloar/wade set, what we want is their high damage nominal, def and HP nominal bonus, but since they are lv65 set, you might want to use comet for PvE until you can grab them, and they are cheap sets, so don't get scammed (none is above 50g ea.). There is that other lv55 set that gives 1% dmg just like comet does, but doesn't have a set bonus, you can consider that one too, but I didn't put in the list of options because I have never wear it, and no set bonus doesn't seem interesting, so I think comet would still be better.

Trophy 1 - Malodnak's Sharp Claw <-- Your permanent trophy
Trophy 2 - Saint Hale's Horn -- Sharp of Toto's Water Blade

Your main trophy would still be malodnak's sharp claw, but if you can't afford recipes for orange ones, no worries! You can pick between Saint Hale's Horn or Toto's Water Blade. Why? Because those 2 are the most jerk, and most OP, and world's hardest boss ever! Jk, the reason to this is because Saint Hale's trophy works similar with Malodnak's Sharp Claw, but instead it gives you nominal damage instead of % ones, on the other hand, Toto's Water Blade gives you 15% c.dmg which no other trophies provide. With the lv60 trophies out in the open, these 2 are cheap now, again, don't get scammed, maybe Toto's blade can be a little expensive, since he is Toto, if you know what I mean. Wink

Offensive Stats Branch 2 = 95-100% Crit Rate - BOOM HEADSHOT

What I have for 95-100% crit rate build:

No.1: I don't have frederic set yet, No.2: No sigils inside yet (no time to take it off my lion's roar), wear 6% crit damage for each, so add 30% more c.dmg into your primary c.dmg. No.3: That's lethal beast set I'm wearing for 100% crit rate build, not Lion's Roar. No.4: you can substitute devourer with revelation, they are only 3% crit rate difference and gives 7k more dmg if you can replace that 3% somehow (costume, I had my dmg% costume on, so change it to 3% crit costumes, and you can wear revelation instead of devourer). No.5: I will provide explanation for this build once I have full details on it and better gear set, meanwhile this is the only thing I can provide you with. Reason why I picked lethal beast instead of Lion's Roar will also be explained in future update.

Offensive Stats Branch 3 = 50% Spd 50% Crit Rate - Sir, your HP is leaking like water

For 50% spd and 50%+ Crit rate build, I have:

Yes, Switching between 50% spd 50% crit rate and f.DMG build isn't that hard because of the same item set build. You only need to re-allocate the point and ta-da, 50% SPD and 50% crit rate (its actually 54.31% crit rate if you include the 5% from envoy path for primary weapon crit rate). Yes, the 50% aspd bonus from your 50% spd stacks with Lion's Roar 50% aspd bonus buff, that makes your autoattack hit with a 100% aspd bonus. Again, I will explain this in a future update, meanwhile this is the only thing I could offer at the moment.

-Secret Stones-

The secret stones that we will be using are:

Dual Pistols - Sunset Aimed Shot Secret Stone
Katar - Emerald Swift Strike Secret Stone

Helmet - Sunset Sparks and Flames Secret Stone
Armor - Sunrise Bombardment Secret Stone
Waist - Azure Sonic Bomb Secret Stnoe
Gloves - Azure Inner Strength Secret Stone
Boots - Golden Ultraviolet Catastrophe Secret Stone

Explanation:
DP stone - why sunset? Because that 8m range is useful for both PvP (melees jump skills are 25m and with 33m aimed shot, you can hit them without them being able to jump at you) and for PvE (to kite mobs without getting too close to them).

Katar Stone- Why emerald? Because we don't use swift strike for damaging source, we use it for that nominal DEF reduce, and this stones add 4s duration to it's effect.

Helmet Stone- Why sunset? mostly for PvE purposes, to be able to tag all the monster lured by your guardian or bard with that additional 5m range.

Armor Stone- why sunrise? because that +4% crit rate to bombardment helps you crit more from bombardment, works even better if you have Draconic gun (yellow lv65 gun from ST 9th floor), which adds 12% to bombardment crit rate.

Waist stone- why azure? -10% CD to one of your main rotation skill is really good. 3s CD can make it 2.7s CD with this stone.

Gloves Stone- why azure? because -10% CD for inner strength can reduce it's CD by 1-2 second. Mostly for PvP purposes, because sometimes in PvP, there are times where my inner strength CD is only 1-2 second left before I died. If only I had that -10% CD, I could've saved myself from being killed.

Boots Stone- why golden? Because it adds 15% crit damage to your PvE area skill, UV Catastrophe. If you already have capped crit damage, you can switch to the red stones instead that gives you additional damage, but don't worry to much about this stone, not that important.

Which sigils to pick?

For PvP:
-Acc 3/C.Dmg 6 - most preferable
-Acc 3/Max HP 2 or DMG taken -2 or Crit 2% - optional if you already have capped C.DMG without the help of the CDMG +6% stones.

Important: In case you can't afford double stated sigils, then go for ACC 3 instead of CDMG 6. Because if you can't hit your opponent, what's the use of having high damage? Elements doesn't really matter, but my suggestion is to either have 14% damage to each element, or focus everything into one element, making it 56% damage increase to one particular element (so if you find a person with your element pick, you can bully that person till they cry).

For PvE:
-C.DMG 6 - most preferable
-Max HP 2% - 2nd option.

Crit DMG 6 if you are the main damage source of your party. Max HP 2% if you want to have more survivability. As for the elements, you need to adjust to the dungeons.

The reason why I don't use the DMG% stones is because, as you all probably know, it's bugged and doesn't work.

-------------------------
*Note: And, that's all for now. I will try to update as soon as possible when I have the time.
At least I've already covered the basics now. Here's a heads up for what is coming next:

- update for 95-100% crit rate build
- update for 50% spd 50% crit rate build
- Katsuka's Toolbox, What spare equipments I have in store in my bag for PvE and PvP, gungslinger necessities.
- Tips and Tricks for PvP Arena, how to achieve rank 1 GS in arena and receive the Warlord of Arena + The Grim Reaper title* v * )b
- Some useful tricks for gunslingers
- Possible good sub-classes for gunslingers besides sub-katar, starring: Sub-Wiz, Sub-Bard, Sub-Sorcerer, Sub-Grenadier.
- Summary of everything without explanation (seems like too much text, so it will be easier to see overall summary)

--------------------------
*Update log:

3/2/2014 - Added the sigils and secret stone list.

Enjoy building your gunslinger~
--------------------------
If you have any suggestions or ideas just shoot me a comment below, don't be afraid to discuss, I accept all ideas and I could also learn from them. But remember, debating is okay, but no fighting or dramas! >w<
Advertisement

warp3101

Rank 0
warp3101
PostedFeb 28, 2014 5:33 pm
Great Guide. Both informative and entertaining. Very Happy

twelvi12

Rank 2
twelvi12
PostedFeb 28, 2014 6:18 pm
Wow, all i can say. Lot of information indeed. But gotta say, those big wall of text pieces were hard to read, specially when your little tired you start to lose your track which line you were. :<

And for guide it seems to be for really rich people only. :C Sure with your gear full DEF works on your full DPS gear.
But as myself low budget slinger gotta say, i was using full aria set and i tried different variation with DEF/HP builds, but i always got 1 shot by those bosses ranged abilities (like lightning arrow, soul sweep, so on...) which they do occasionally if you take aggro or randomly targets on DPS's, at least seem to.
So kinda ive come conclusion that at OW dungeons full DPS gear set doesn't work anymore. Unless of course doesn't have already +60-65lvl gear.
So kinda wondering will it be same in future too when new dungeons keep coming, even if you have all best DPS gear, dont you think 2-titan set would be better and rest 3 piece yellow to survive those random 1 Shot abilities. Of course this is only from PvE perspective though.

Because right now as 64lvl and at OW dungeon PT modes only way ive find to survive is get 2p requirem set and rest 3 piece aria and so far pumped all HP. Don't really know any other way to survive those OW PT modes bosses random attacks without +60lvl gear. So id like to hear your side for low budget gunslingers, is it just best to go still full def if you have only +50lvl craft gear? Because as full def i got like +32k HP luckily, which seem to be too low for full DEF build. Doesn't full DEF builds require HP to back up, so doesnt low hp with full DEF make it useless to stack DEF?

"This world is just... a crappy game."

Katsuka_Ren

PostedFeb 28, 2014 6:54 pm
twelvi12 wrote:
Wow, all i can say. Lot of information indeed. But gotta say, those big wall of text pieces were hard to read, specially when your little tired you start to lose your track which line you were. :<

And for guide it seems to be for really rich people only. :C Sure with your gear full DEF works on your full DPS gear.
But as myself low budget slinger gotta say, i was using full aria set and i tried different variation with DEF/HP builds, but i always got 1 shot by those bosses ranged abilities (like lightning arrow, soul sweep, so on...) which they do occasionally if you take aggro or randomly targets on DPS's, at least seem to.
So kinda ive come conclusion that at OW dungeons full DPS gear set doesn't work anymore. Unless of course doesn't have already +60-65lvl gear.
So kinda wondering will it be same in future too when new dungeons keep coming, even if you have all best DPS gear, dont you think 2-titan set would be better and rest 3 piece yellow to survive those random 1 Shot abilities. Of course this is only from PvE perspective though.

Because right now as 64lvl and at OW dungeon PT modes only way ive find to survive is get 2p requirem set and rest 3 piece aria and so far pumped all HP. Don't really know any other way to survive those OW PT modes bosses random attacks without +60lvl gear. So id like to hear your side for low budget gunslingers, is it just best to go still full def if you have only +50lvl craft gear? Because as full def i got like +32k HP luckily, which seem to be too low for full DEF build. Doesn't full DEF builds require HP to back up, so doesnt low hp with full DEF make it useless to stack DEF?  

Yeah, I figured there are way too many text there, which was why I am planning to put a summarized ones consisting of single lines in future updates without all the explanations. But that will have to wait until I have time to do it.

As for armors....I actually did post 2 set for armors, 1 is for people with enough budget to afford them, the 2nd one is for people with lower budgets. If you want survivability for those 1 shots in OW Hard, the solution is indeed to wear 2 requiem tops, just like I posted up there in the guide. Since the guide isn't completed yet, I forgot to estimate the stats points for the lower budget armor. So, 2 requiem tops, and if you can try to make your lower part armor in these steps: Aria Sets > Revelation Sets > Lion's Roar Set. The reason to this is because: 1) you will still need DPS, 2) Revelation gives DPS, and more DEF for lv60+. I know revelation is expensive, but the lower parts are cheaper than the top 2. The important parts are the lower part armors since they will also be your damage source. You can stick with requiem tops, because even with lv65 I still wear requiem tops to prevent myself from getting 1-shot in Sky Tower, because Titan doesn't have the -15% damage reduction from boss, so requiem is a cheap and good armor that you can still use even up to 65. So you can focus on your lower armor, which are cheaper. Since it will be hard to achieve 75% def, I am thinking of somewhere around 55-65%? And at least 35k-40k HP. When you reach lv65. You can get these 35-40k HP by wearing the varis/wade/sloar accessories set for their def + HP stats, with only extremely cheap cost. Also, since green scrolls are free and obtainable from random mobs around the world, you can try collecting them and have your armor fortified up to +9. When I'm bored I sometimes just go 1-shotting those random mobs collecting green scrolls while hoping a blue weapon with Fell + Bludgeon sigil to drop.

----- ^^ Me blabbering stuff, feel free to read for explanation, proceed to next if not necessary --------

tl;dr, my build suggestion for you is:
55-65% min def
35-40k HP
2 Requiem Tops <Have Lightning Attribute for Taluda, Darkness attribute for Titanus and Storm for Fia> <-- armor attributes reduce -20% damage from attacks received
3 Aria > Revelation > Lion's Roar Lowers
Wade/Sloar/Varis Accessories set
Collect green scrolls for +9 armors, they are free.

This is to substitute the lack of def since lack of fortification, and still allow you to have DPS and prevents you to somehow get one-shotted (even with 75% def 40k HP I sometimes still got oneshot if the boss is like OW Hard Titanus and he crits, or sometimes live with 1k HP). So, be careful not to take aggro from your tank, that's possibly the best way to prevent yourself getting 1-shotted. As for PvP.... 2 strategist top and 3 great general lower with the strategist accessories set is probably the only solution, there is just no way to withstand those ravs with 140% +20 axes without having 75% def and 40k HP, but on a brighter side, you can still withstand others' attacks with the purple gears. Oh and recently I have encountered a few ways to handle otherworld bosses with GS, I will update once I have the time to do it :]

AikuroNB

Rank 0
AikuroNB
PostedFeb 28, 2014 9:17 pm
About Revelation vs Devourer tops, at max CRIT DMG, does the raw damage outdo the 15% dmg to bosses? I was originally planning to get Devourer tops (with max CRIT DMG) for its bonus rather than stats but I'm wondering if Revelation trumps it.

Assuming there are no other modifiers to dmg to bosses, just Rev's raw dmg vs Dev's bonus. I'm strictly PVE.

Katsuka_Ren

PostedMar 01, 2014 1:38 am
AikuroNB wrote:
About Revelation vs Devourer tops, at max CRIT DMG, does the raw damage outdo the 15% dmg to bosses? I was originally planning to get Devourer tops (with max CRIT DMG) for its bonus rather than stats but I'm wondering if Revelation trumps it.

Assuming there are no other modifiers to dmg to bosses, just Rev's raw dmg vs Dev's bonus. I'm strictly PVE.  

I would still prefer going Revelation tops because of these reasons:
- It has 7-8k DMG points difference
- The difference between crit rate is only around 3%
- Revelation set gives you 10% heal (since PvE we wear nocturnals, those heal from nocturnal and my own inner strength heal will have higher rate)
- Revelation gives 1% dmg, Devourer gives 1% eva.
- Revelation's 30% cdmg and Devourer's 15% dmg is the controversial part. If you have capped crit damage which is 300% WITHOUT the help of revelation set, then yes, devourer would be good. But, if you only have like 270% cdmg, then revelation is perfect. Having 300% cdmg without the help of the revelation set bonus is going to be hard though. So I'd just go for revelation with the other reasons I mentioned above.

-IGN- Katsuka -Server Siren -Class- Gunslinger/Brawler --Kats' GS Guide for the Curious ones * v * )b

AikuroNB

Rank 0
AikuroNB
PostedMar 01, 2014 2:40 am
Reaching 300% w/o the help of Revelation isn't really hard, but I guess the raw dmg of Revelation pretty much makes up for the 15% extra damage, even if a bit less.

And does Revelation give 30% and not 15?

twelvi12

Rank 2
twelvi12
PostedMar 01, 2014 3:09 am
Katsuka_Ren wrote:

----- ^^ Me blabbering stuff, feel free to read for explanation, proceed to next if not necessary --------

tl;dr, my build suggestion for you is:
55-65% min def
35-40k HP
2 Requiem Tops <Have Lightning Attribute for Taluda, Darkness attribute for Titanus and Storm for Fia> <-- armor attributes reduce -20% damage from attacks received
3 Aria > Revelation > Lion's Roar Lowers
Wade/Sloar/Varis Accessories set
Collect green scrolls for +9 armors, they are free.

This is to substitute the lack of def since lack of fortification, and still allow you to have DPS and prevents you to somehow get one-shotted (even with 75% def 40k HP I sometimes still got oneshot if the boss is like OW Hard Titanus and he crits, or sometimes live with 1k HP). So, be careful not to take aggro from your tank, that's possibly the best way to prevent yourself getting 1-shotted.  

Thank you! You actually bothered to even right away give estimate how i should build defense, awesome. Smile Im using now 2 requirem/3 Aria set indeed, and gotta say that haven't died anymore on those bosses random attacks, though they were in PT mode, Hard mode will be different story.. Very Happy And indeed have been trying to farm those green scrolls to fort +9 gear. And didn't know that Varis gear have actually that much stronger defense stats either, right now im though using gekasso neck, talamund cape and saint hale ring, but its nice to know once i hit 65lvl theres alternative accessories to change for more defense stats.

"This world is just... a crappy game."

kev_reyes1130

Rank 0
PostedMar 01, 2014 10:03 am
Could you share your build on GS/Wizard? I'm currently lvl 50 having hard time deciding which stats to go and items to use for PvE. It would be a lot of help if you could give me some advice or what to do so i have something to focus on. TIA. I'm on full CRIT/EVA with requiem set but my damage is so low so im thinking of mixing 2req/3aria

R_e_i

Rank 2
R_e_i
PostedMar 01, 2014 11:53 am
Suggestions/Comments:

Build:
-You don't want Last Will. I've tested it a ton and that 20% Crit is so insignificant, especially with the fact you LL back to full almost instantly whenever you drop below 40% HP. Never get it. Waste of points & route in envoy.

Gear:
-Revelation is crap because you can hit crit cap without it. (15% Boss crit dmg kinda bad... but I haven't rlly looked at the other top stats since I'll never get em')

-You don't need heal % for your life leech as it's insignificant. You can full heal on mobs without it.

Trophies:
-Not sure if caroline's is still bugged, but it's not worth using it if you have noc subs.

-Green claw for mobbing, orange for bossing.
-Other trophy, depending on build (DEF&HP), is talen's orange (for more HP) or other stuff

Other:
-These builds are SO pay-heavy. Normal players won't acquire this gear but it shows what to aim for. Not everyone spends hundreds of dollars on this game...

-There is way too much text, lol.