Author Message

Oberonu

Rank 3
Oberonu
Joined
02 Apr 2008
Posts
1166
Location
Yulee United States
PostedMar 11, 2014 5:45 pm
GMLeo wrote:
Superman0X wrote:
There are many basic facts that are just wrong (and clearly so)

Paragraph 1:
SevenGames is not focussing on mobile.

Paragraph2:
Aeria Games is not a public company. There was no IPO.
The announcement was quite public, with press releases from both sides.

I wont even go into the speculation... which is his opinion, so not right/wrong. However, as you can clearly see, the basic facts that he started with are way off.

What would be a much more appropriate source of information is the actual press release.... which is linked in the first post.  


But...But...Supes, wild speculation is so much more entertaining!!!  


That's not true. But people when feeling like mushrooms, tend to make theories, guesses, rumors, and such trying to answer what they do not know but wish to know. Was it not Winston Churchill who loved useful rumors since "A lie travels halfway around the world before the truth even has a chance to get it's pants on." to which a rumor most times is. It sadly won't get better until everyone knows everything. Btw Leo, long time no see. How are you? Glad to see you're still working with aeria. So many gm's seemingly vanished or in hiding lately.

Om nom nom nom! "You want me to give up? I've never learned how to. You do it first so that I know what it is, then I might consider it."
Advertisement

pigy3333

Rank 3
pigy3333
Joined
23 Jul 2012
Posts
877
Location
United States
PostedMar 11, 2014 5:57 pm
BerserkerTNT wrote:
Good news I guess! =)

I'm just worried because ProSieben Sat 1. originally focused on media regarding television channels etc...

On the other hand, ProSieben Sat 1. owns the rights to EverQuest, GunZ 2, S4 League & PlanetSide 2, all of which have very high customer satisfaction. So hopefully we will be in good hands..  


ya Gunz 2 w/ no dedicated servers and can't even choose your map? are you being sarcastic? b/c this sounds like a joke

andaro

Rank 5.1
andaro
Joined
09 Nov 2007
Posts
6493
Location
The Southern Oracle United States
PostedMar 11, 2014 8:46 pm
The only thing I'm mainly interested in, as are most, is how this is going to be structured. Meaning, will Aeria Games be transferring the Portal over to SG and creating a new portal for AG&E's mobile platform (effectively keeping community impact to a minimum)

or

Will everything we have come to know (our profile, forum, and etc) be split into the current format that PSG uses (individual websites, and fora, for each game)

And in either case, will we still be able to login to the AG&E website using our current credentials, our will we need to setup new accounts on the AG&E Mobile platform?

And, also, will the Aeria Ignite program be transferring ownership as well, to be used or not used in the PSG portfolio?


I suppose these are things that are still being hashed out, so I'm sure you will provide us more clarity on the impact to we players as the deal progresses.

In any case, from the standpoint of a player that plays multiple games here on the AG&E platform, including mobile, using the same account (of which there are many players like myself that do so), the least impact and better choice in my opinion would be to do as described in the prior to provide for the least impact to the players (cuz frankly this Portal is way cooler, more organized, and better built to serve a Community than the current PSG portal.)

Although as some of us know, the current portal retains its quirks and bugs, as does the Ignite program, with the financial backing of PSS1 many engineering fixes could be accomplished, and something greater and better could be achieved.

As a player at many publishers, I can definitely say this website is one of the top few that offers an abundance of features being user friendly compared to the majority of mmo websites out there.

zimmey4.0

Rank 0
zimmey4.0
Joined
22 Oct 2013
Posts
159
Location
Los Angeles United States
PostedMar 11, 2014 10:23 pm
GMLeo wrote:
Superman0X wrote:
There are many basic facts that are just wrong (and clearly so)

Paragraph 1:
SevenGames is not focussing on mobile.

Paragraph2:
Aeria Games is not a public company. There was no IPO.
The announcement was quite public, with press releases from both sides.

I wont even go into the speculation... which is his opinion, so not right/wrong. However, as you can clearly see, the basic facts that he started with are way off.

What would be a much more appropriate source of information is the actual press release.... which is linked in the first post.  


But...But...Supes, wild speculation is so much more entertaining!!!
 


We got to keep ourselves entertained while waiting for Aeria to make official announcements . DKO, LO, etc. etc.. etc...

God save Zimmey and maybe the Queen

LilianMcK

Rank 4
LilianMcK
Joined
12 Jun 2008
Posts
3149
Location
United Kingdom
PostedMar 12, 2014 4:28 am
I have a question please as currently I am playing an ignite game Age of Conan. How will these games be affected? Will they still carry on or will I have to now register/log through their company Funcom? Currently I can use my ap through Aeria.

Or are this new company keeping ignite and the current system for this game as is currently?

Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
Joined
11 Jun 2007
Posts
12163
Location
San Jose United States
PostedMar 12, 2014 6:33 am
The problem is that very little is actually changing...

  • The EU Team will take over operations for all remaining games, and for all associated assets (portal, forums, etc).
  • ProsiebenSat.1 will provide marketting/public visibility and additional games.

That is pretty much the summary of the changes that will be visible to the public. Everything else is just back end changes.

Neritti

GameSage: Aeria Browser
Neritti
Joined
16 Aug 2012
Posts
574
Location
Toronto Canada
PostedMar 12, 2014 8:47 am
Superman0X wrote:
The problem is that very little is actually changing...

  • The EU Team will take over operations for all remaining games, and for all associated assets (portal, forums, etc).
  • ProsiebenSat.1 will provide marketting/public visibility and additional games.

That is pretty much the summary of the changes that will be visible to the public. Everything else is just back end changes.  


Not sure I fully agree. For browser which is primarily what I play, there is at least one game I have some serious concerns about what Prosieben are going to do with it. There are parts of the game completely broken. The one issue hasn't been fixed in almost a year now and no clue if PS are going to bother.

Furthermore, we're apparently getting an entirely new GM team from EU. While it's normal to sometimes get a new GM shifted into browser now and then, this new team will NOT be from Aeria at all. So there are concerns among players wondering how that will go. We know what kind of efforts the existing GMs and PM make, but a brand new team all around brings uncertainty. :/

jotasnake

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
jotasnake
Joined
08 Feb 2008
Posts
7125
Location
Azores Portugal
PostedMar 12, 2014 9:01 am
Something that i have yet to see a clear answer, perhaps because AGE doesn't know yet but worth to ask.

Will we be moving to a diferent forum? Will the domain name change to this new seven games company? Will we still use AP as our currency?

Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
Joined
11 Jun 2007
Posts
12163
Location
San Jose United States
PostedMar 12, 2014 9:41 am
jotasnake wrote:
Something that i have yet to see a clear answer, perhaps because AGE doesn't know yet but worth to ask.

Will we be moving to a diferent forum? Will the domain name change to this new seven games company? Will we still use AP as our currency?  


No.
No.
Yes.

ArcaneSpecter

Rank 2
ArcaneSpecter
Joined
08 Mar 2012
Posts
459
Location
Canada
PostedMar 12, 2014 9:58 am
Superman0X wrote:
The problem is that very little is actually changing...

  • The EU Team will take over operations for all remaining games, and for all associated assets (portal, forums, etc).
  • ProsiebenSat.1 will provide marketting/public visibility and additional games.

That is pretty much the summary of the changes that will be visible to the public. Everything else is just back end changes.  
And yet here we see people rioting and speaking of conspiracies.
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: