filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedMar 09, 2014 8:58 am
Zetsumei418 wrote:
Just curious, what will happen to the servers? I play Eden Eternal and from what I understand the servers are in America or somewhere close like Canada?

So will everything remain the same with them or will things need to change with them as well? I'm no tech expert so what I'm asking might not make sense, but will the files or machines you use to host the server need to go to Berlin or anything?  

As much as I'm aware, Aeria does not use their own machines to host game servers (I apologize if they actually do for certain games).

To my knowledge, game servers are rented. With the ownership changing, they may still use the same host services or switch to whatever host company they prefer.

Advertisement

LilianMcK

Rank 4
LilianMcK
PostedMar 09, 2014 9:17 am
The whole platform is going to the new owners. That includes software, database, logs, client base. As to what they decide to do with regard to existing games that is up to them.

I shall wait and see what games are affected. Also what games this company introduce, as after all they are a much larger company. I want a good fantasy mmorpg. Sadly after losing LC Aeria were rather lacking in that area and seemed to concentrate on anime, so not my thing. I hope this new company include a wider portfolio.

The real worry I have is their customer service. Bitten already very badly by Gamigo's shoddy (understatement) service, so I hope this company are more professional and come up trumps.

This is the real world. Some times changes happen. Both the employees of the company and the community need to learn to accept that, . Change is not always great, however sometimes it is and I for one shall just wait to see what affect this has on me as a customer.

If they are good we stay, if they are bad we dont. However I shall not preempt what will happen and just wait to see what unfolds.

Oberonu

Rank 3
Oberonu
PostedMar 09, 2014 9:43 am
But, but. but aeria inc is a fun company! But anyways, let's hope things turn out for the better either way

Om nom nom nom! "You want me to give up? I've never learned how to. You do it first so that I know what it is, then I might consider it."

Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
PostedMar 09, 2014 9:47 am
LilianMcK wrote:
I shall wait and see what games are affected. Also what games this company introduce, as after all they are a much larger company. I want a good fantasy mmorpg. Sadly after losing LC Aeria were rather lacking in that area and seemed to concentrate on anime, so not my thing. I hope this new company include a wider portfolio.

Thier portfolio (for fantasy MMORPG's) includes Everquest, Everquest 2, Everquest Landmark and Everquest Next. As you can see, they do have some high quality MMORPG games signed.

TreishaSempai

Rank 4
TreishaSempai
PostedMar 09, 2014 11:23 am
Superman0X wrote:
LilianMcK wrote:

Thier portfolio (for fantasy MMORPG's) includes Everquest, Everquest 2, Everquest Landmark and Everquest Next. As you can see, they do have some high quality MMORPG games signed.  

EQ Landmark sucks, just saying

Neritti

Rank 2
Neritti
PostedMar 09, 2014 11:31 am
EQ Landmark/Next isn't out of Alpha phase lol. No MMOs are identical in Alpha to how they end up in Beta or actual release. They likely have a lot of tweaking to that game which will happen over the next few months. I've played each EQ so far though a LOT for many years and they are always really quality MMOs. Smile

LilianMcK

Rank 4
LilianMcK
PostedMar 09, 2014 11:52 am
Neritti wrote:
EQ Landmark/Next isn't out of Alpha phase lol. No MMOs are identical in Alpha to how they end up in Beta or actual release. They likely have a lot of tweaking to that game which will happen over the next few months. I've played each EQ so far though a LOT for many years and they are always really quality MMOs. Smile  

Thanks and agree Smile. Also ty Superman, much as I will miss you, it is a wee bit too much to ask for you to move yourself and your family to Europe just for me Smile

Just let me know when I must say goodbye (doesnt play mobile games) Smile

.TheLoudOne

Rank 2
PostedMar 10, 2014 4:26 pm
billdoor wrote:
.TheLoudOne wrote:
I am soooooo hoping tactics gets the axe for all the lying he did in Shaiya.  

Erm.

Tactics has long since left the building.  

Doh!!! Well, see, told ya I quit!

Myth024

Rank 0
Myth024
PostedMar 10, 2014 6:28 pm

Oooo.. I think I get it now....

heheh
So this new company will take all the pc games and turn them into mobile games so we can lag on multiple devices at the same time?
Stating that we will "see little change." may not be a good thing. I'd certainly like to see lots of things change. Hmm.. maybe we will start seeing all our beloved games turned into facebook apps?
*sigh*
I think I'm going to have to find a new mmo to play.

LilianMcK

Rank 4
LilianMcK
PostedMar 10, 2014 6:30 pm

Re: Oooo.. I think I get it now....

heheh
Myth024 wrote:
So this new company will take all the pc games and turn them into mobile games so we can lag on multiple devices at the same time?
Stating that we will "see little change." may not be a good thing. I'd certainly like to see lots of things change. Hmm.. maybe we will start seeing all our beloved games turned into facebook apps?
*sigh*
I think I'm going to have to find a new mmo to play.  

What? lol