lCRuZl

Rank 5
lCRuZl
PostedFeb 27, 2014 3:33 pm
Does it mean that Accounts have to be transferred again?

Advertisement

LilianMcK

Rank 4
LilianMcK
PostedFeb 27, 2014 3:55 pm
Hmmm. Waits to see how this affects us.

Will not presume either way.

fuzz197

GameSage: Grand Fantasia
fuzz197
PostedFeb 27, 2014 3:55 pm
Soo, this about validates what a number of people, including myself, predicted about Aeria selling off assets eh?
prosiebensat1 press release wrote:
The agreement covers the company's European headquarter in Berlin, all international game licenses for PC and certain successful mobile games licenses.  

While I assume that this is being worked out, I would assume this means that we should expect to see more layoffs and such from staff, since you're moving to focus exclusivley on mobile games, based off your own press release and the quote above.
That's more than a minimal impact if it does come to happen, just saying.

lndgaming

Rank 0
lndgaming
PostedFeb 27, 2014 3:57 pm   Last edited by lndgaming on Feb 27, 2014 4:06 pm. Edited 2 times in total

The ProSiebenSat.1 Group is strengthening its games business by acquiring the online and mobile games publisher Aeria Games Europe via its subsidiary ProSiebenSat.1 Games.  

This makes it sound like PSS.1 is just buying Aeria Games Europe which is a different division of Aeria Games.

The agreement covers the company's European headquarter in Berlin, all international game licenses for PC and certain successful mobile games licenses.  

This makes it sound contradictory because if they have "all international game licenses" it makes it sound like they will be taking over all of Aeria's games.

The vendor is Aeria Games Europe's parent company, Aeria Games & Entertainment, Inc. in the U.S.A., one of the world's leading games publishers and developers.  

This is where things get confusing. Because they said they were buying Aeria Games Europe and then refer to a previously unreferenced noun "the vendor" and go on to name Aeria Games USA. So does this mean they are buying the entirety of Aeria Games or they are just buying AG Eu from them?

Following the takeover, ProSiebenSat.1 will combine the games operations in Berlin. The new Publisher shall be named SevenGames and publishes its games in 35 countries, amongst others in the U.S.A., Canada, Brazil and Argentina. The acquisition of the European subsidiary is subject to approval by the responsible cartel authorities.  

So all of Aeria Games operations and offices will be moved to EU (Berlin)? Yeah this this pretty much seals the deal in my mind. It seems like the entire Aeria Games company is being sold to PBS.1 and all the assets Aeria has/had will now become PSS.1 under the new name SevenGames. Unless PBS.1 publishes games in Brazil/Argentina it looks like PBS.1 is taking over all of Aeria including Aeria Brazil.

TheInvictus.

GameSage: Soldier Front
TheInvictus.
PostedFeb 27, 2014 3:59 pm
Ryan_SF wrote:
Worst case scenario for us, SF is completely forgotten and neglected.

Best case is that SF actually gets some attention and makes improvements, something we've only experienced once since joining Aeria Games. (XIGNCODE)  

Sf will be fine! Very Happy

spacefire11

Rank 5.1
spacefire11
PostedFeb 27, 2014 4:02 pm
jotasnake wrote:
Not sure what to take from this, the announcement doesn't give many details as to what we can expect diferent from this.

While you do mention this will have a minimal impact on us, as mentioned this is very similar to what Ijji heard when AGE bought them over and it wasn't minimal at all as they lost a lot of games and the ones they kept, changed a lot.  
So true.

CandiiBerrii

Rank 4
CandiiBerrii
PostedFeb 27, 2014 4:03 pm
Confusing. I:

fuzz197

GameSage: Grand Fantasia
fuzz197
PostedFeb 27, 2014 4:05 pm
lndgaming wrote:
long post  

Here's how I interpreted it:
AGE sold off all their PC and certain mobile licenses as well as the EU HQ to PSS1. This means means that the licenses transferred will be run by what is currently the EU office (soon to be SevenGames), and the EN office will be publishing and running mobile games exclusivley.
There's no real timeline mentioned for transition time but I would assume it would be a little while yet.

Jacksz88

Rank 0
PostedFeb 27, 2014 4:07 pm
fuzz197 wrote:
lndgaming wrote:
long post  

Here's how I interpreted it:
AGE sold off all their PC and certain mobile licenses as well as the EU HQ to PSS1. This means means that the licenses transferred will be run by what is currently the EU office (soon to be SevenGames), and the EN office will be publishing and running mobile games exclusivley.
There's no real timeline mentioned for transition time but I would assume it would be a little while yet.  

You made more sense then every other article on this, and post so far. I presumed the same, but as i'm unsure i didn't go with it fully.

KylieghRein

Rank 2
KylieghRein
PostedFeb 27, 2014 4:16 pm   Last edited by KylieghRein on Feb 27, 2014 4:19 pm. Edited 1 time in total
Of the few times it's crucial to elaborate on changes and future plans you cop out. Atta be.

As a side note not surprised, kind of sad, more layoffs and quite a number of changes ahead I presume. To spend my AP now or wait. Hmmmm.