iWatchUSleepV61

Rank 5
iWatchUSleepV61
PostedMar 04, 2014 1:58 pm
Once more, since you seem to have a hard time understanding things.

kikix12 wrote:
I have a feeling that the quote you made in particular gave explanation why they didn't add the permanent guns to the in-game item mall. And that means that the comment have nothing to do with the game being pay to win.  

The fact that they didn't add any more permanent guns to the ingame item mall has everything to do with the game being pay to win. But of course you, someone who has never played or even visited the forums of AVA, knows nothing about that so you just assume that what you interpret is correct.

kikix12 wrote:
Seriously, please just read what you respond to, or ignore it altogether.  

See, had you just followed your own advice (preferably the latter part). We wouldn't be having this meaningless discussion now.

Advertisement

kikix12

Rank 5
kikix12
PostedMar 04, 2014 2:11 pm
TreishaSempai wrote:
You also confused the terms "in-game item mall" and "in-game shop".  
kikix12 wrote:
People call "Item Mall" shop plenty of times. Well, it is shop technically.  
iWatchUSleepV61 wrote:
The fact that they didn't add any more permanent guns to the ingame item mall has everything to do with the game being pay to win.  
See?! Didn't I say that it's common for people to just "mix and match" Item Mall (AP-based shop) and in-game shop (game-currency based shop) commonly?

Unless of course, for whatever reason, spending XAP in web makes game pay to win while spending the exact same XAP in the in-game AP shop does not make the game pay to win...

There is only one kind of valid answer to my original post.
Did the person that wrote it have AP shop (commonly called "Item Mall", either web or in-game one) or in-game currency shop (commonly called "in-game Shop") in mind. For that, we'd need the persons in question answer. Or him answering that question in a different thread which I obviously wouldn't know.
If that answer would be just given, I'd either end up having the "right feeling" or a "wrong feeling", and thus say to just ignore my previous post. And here it is...entirely irrelevant discussion that have nothing to do with either the thread...or my original response at all...

As for this thread...it is possible that Aeria is not as much in financial problems as simply noticed that it is far easier and more lucrative financially to just focus on mobile games. It is common to sell high-maintenance projects that don't bring high enough money. Even if they do bring money.

iWatchUSleepV61

Rank 5
iWatchUSleepV61
PostedMar 04, 2014 3:52 pm
kikix12 wrote:
There is only one kind of valid answer to my original post.
Did the person that wrote it have AP shop (commonly called "Item Mall", either web or in-game one) or in-game currency shop (commonly called "in-game Shop") in mind. For that, we'd need the persons in question answer. Or him answering that question in a different thread which I obviously wouldn't know.  

Once more, last time, you're giving me a serious headache.

Ingame shop is referring to buying items with ingame currency. Which is what PM_Producer was talking about. He decided it was a smart move to remove the permanent option on all ingame weapons, which are available for ingame currency. And put permanent versions of the weapons in the webmall, which is AP only.

Therefore the game has now fully gone pay2win.

Can this circlejerk end now? I don't enjoy headaches.

LilianMcK

Rank 4
LilianMcK
PostedMar 04, 2014 4:08 pm
Many call the in game item mall the in game shop, if that helps Wink

However all that aside you are seriously getting off topic. Also I hate to think of all of you having headaches (although I do have a great cure Wink)

As for the big move I hope it all goes well and doesnt affect us too much. Fingers crossed. I do not care about their business dealings ins and outs. All I care about, bottom line is how it affects the community of players.

miked555

Rank 3
miked555
PostedMar 04, 2014 5:17 pm
Well Aeria games, you seem to have a great reputation your building with your customers lately.

Guild Master: Original Gamers. All battle mode guild.

imrobbi

Rank 1
imrobbi
PostedMar 04, 2014 6:30 pm
coduxs wrote:
Torque was such a promising game .-.  

That was my favorite game.. Was pretty messed up though how people who spent AP on cars and such got nothing in return when the game was discontinued or whatever happened to it.

Oberonu

Rank 3
Oberonu
PostedMar 04, 2014 7:17 pm
kikix12 wrote:
spacefire12 wrote:
Lol made the game pay 2 win so there won't be as many maintenance as befor.  
I have a feeling that the quote you made in particular gave explanation why they didn't add the permanent guns to the in-game item mall. And that means that the comment have nothing to do with the game being pay to win. In the end, item mall is item mall. Since I don't play AVA, I won't talk about anything beyond this though.

Oberonu wrote:
For those with intelligence will understand why.  
Those with intelligence will probably be mature enough to not get offended by something so obscure that many people won't even consider it having any sense.
Also, accusing loads of people of lack of intelligence just because they don't know that obscure meaning is not exactly a good way to point to potentially offensive nick, is it. Especially since many of the people in this community simply couldn't really understand it due to language and culture difference.  

It's not due to language, but nice try in trying to turn it around. The statement was for those who would comment as to "How" or "Why" his nickname was offensive before actually looking at it. If you have ever read, signed, or agreed to the terms of service, then you should be able to understand why the nickname is offensive. If you're going to quote part of what I say, quote ALL of what I said. Exact quote is as follows:

Oberonu wrote:
pildchorn, I do not believe your nickname is acceptable. You may want to ask aeria to ban it and to remake another one. For those with intelligence will understand why.  

Language issue, regional issue, culture, etc... knows why illegal acts with minors is wrong, unethical, and such. Please don't tell me you're part of or in a culture to which such is acceptable.

Also if you're going to critique me, when asking a question make sure you use a "?" mark and don't do a run on sentence afterwards.

To kikix12, STOP Trolling the forum post, if you have not played a game, don't comment on it. Also a reminder to everyone, we need to get back on topic. This isn't about arguing someone who is lacking in knowledge or experience in any individual game, it's back to superman's post about aeria selling who knows how much of itself to a european company. I am still waiting for supes to let us know the exact terms, what stays, what goes, what changes.

This is the point of the thread, not arguing with some troll

Om nom nom nom! "You want me to give up? I've never learned how to. You do it first so that I know what it is, then I might consider it."

ZiggyIsGrape

Rank 5.2
ZiggyIsGrape
PostedMar 04, 2014 8:06 pm
Quick question

what bright future am I supposed to expect for SF2 it's going to be under the same management that ruined AVA and WolfTeam?

kikix12

Rank 5
kikix12
PostedMar 04, 2014 9:26 pm
ZiggyIsGrape wrote:
Quick question

what bright future am I supposed to expect for SF2 it's going to be under the same management that ruined AVA and WolfTeam?  
The games that will be transfered appear to be moved to Germany, as far as the GM and product manager team goes. If that happened, that management is likely going to stay.

That being said, the new owners may change the management or outright stop publishing the game. Aeria probably have no knowledge about their plans for future. Once they sell their licencess, they have little saying in the matter.

Oberonu wrote:
The statement was for those who would comment as to "How" or "Why" his nickname was offensive before actually looking at it.  
That statement was to those that did read it and understood it. You're contradicting yourself.

Point being, your statement was offensive to everyone who doesn't have idea what his nick means, regardless of the reason why they don't know. That's not a good way to point to an offensive nick, is it?!

Oberonu wrote:
If you have ever read, signed, or agreed to the terms of service, then you should be able to understand why the nickname is offensive.  
It's impossible to understand why the nick is supposedly offensive without knowing it's meaning. ToS will not help with that.
Granted that my name (real, not nick) when translated can't even be written due to ToS, while I'm confident I wouldn't be banned for saying my name...I'm going to say that not everything that someone will find offense with is actually going to be against ToS. It may be situational.

Oberonu wrote:
If you're going to quote part of what I say, quote ALL of what I said.  
I will quote the part I answer to, when I answer to it. Since I never responded to the part I omitted, you quoting it (and complaining about me not quoting it) is pointless.

Oberonu wrote:
Please don't tell me you're part of or in a culture to which such is acceptable.  
Again, whatever you are talking about is too obscure for me to even know what the heck you find offensive in it. The closest to offensive part I found is half of his name being a russian slang term with mediocre offensive tone.

Oberonu wrote:
Also if you're going to critique me, when asking a question make sure you use a "?" mark and don't do a run on sentence afterwards.  
Huh?! I never asked you any sort of question. Why would I?!

Oberonu wrote:
To kikix12, STOP Trolling the forum post, if you have not played a game, don't comment on it.  
What's the point of mentioning my nick here when your whole post is an answer to me?! Well, no matter. I'm not trolling, that's for one. The fact that you do not agree with what I'm typing changes nothing in that respect.

Also, I did never, ever, comment about a game in this thread. That is the WHOLE point. That is why the three of you accusing me of that is beyond my understanding. I did comment about semantics of a post that was made on forum. If you'd actually take the bit of effort to try and understand that post, you'd notice that it is universal. It could be applied to every single MMO game out there.

Oberonu wrote:
Funny thing being...both your post about the nick and the person that mentioned the AVA problem have absolutely nothing to do with the topic...My first post was on topic on one of three paragraphs (the one about Superman0X probably having more information about this than most other GM's). The fact that a person or two kept misunderstanding what I wrote in one of the other two cannot really be blamed on me. I'm going to respond to a post aimed specifically at me, even if that post was derailing the thread.

Well, I understand the futility of this, though. I can already guess what you'd think if you you would read this post, but whatever. Habit.

ZiggyIsGrape

Rank 5.2
ZiggyIsGrape
PostedMar 04, 2014 10:33 pm
Siviard wrote:
I find it funny how the vocal people on this thread are acting as if AVA is the only game AGE publishes and will be affected. News flash, there's at least four other games that are under EU management currently, was at least 5 before LC got sold to the highest bidder and no clue about Shaiya Phoenix if that's under EU management like Shaiya is. Of course every single PC game is being shipped over the new company, but let's forget about that and only focus on AVA because that's the only game to have certain items only available in the item mall. Oh wait, Shaiya and Aura Kingdom both had items/spawns that drop items removed from their games and can only be obtained in the item mall. Let's just forget about them though because they obviously aren't as great as AVA nor have they been ruined terribly by AGE like AVA has. Yes, that last sentence is meant to be read entirely in a sarcastic tone, deal with it.

I may think AGE is an absolute crap company when it comes to how it's managed, but even I'm not as belligerent about the games I play as you AVA fanatics are. You want to rant and rave about how crappy AVA is now and how terrible it will be under the new company? Take it the right forum and spare us your mouth frothing.

At least you guys can still play your game. You don't see the players of Scarlet Blade ranting in this thread now do you? For those that don't know. Scarlet Blade was P2W about a month after the item mall opened and it has become even worse since, complete with GMs offering to max out an item for you on a tiered spender. That's not all, the entire game server gives a nice ping of 1000ms regardless of where you are. You ever try to play and fight people where everyone lags hardcore? If so, then you should be thankful you don't have to worry about it. If not, then try it and then come back.

I don't really care if people get offended by this post, but if you do please send all rants and angry statements to my inbox and not in this thread. We really don't need this thread getting derailed anymore than it needs to be.  

Wow you seem pretty hurt by the fact that AVA's loyal player base is legitimately concerned about their games future.

I'm sorry that certain people who play AVA are not also into RPG style games, heaven forbid someone only plays one or a handful of Aeria hosted games and not them all. That's just crazy talk.