zagonboss

Founder: Dragomon Hunter
zagonboss
PostedFeb 23, 2014 3:24 pm   Last edited by zagonboss on Mar 28, 2014 8:44 pm. Edited 13 times in total

Boss' Brawler/GS Pure DPS Guide

Dish out mobs like you've never been before.
UPDATED AS OF 3/28/2014 Very Happy
Hello, my name is Boss, well my IGN is TriggerHappyZX and I reside in Hydra Server but as far as forum name that would be Boss. I am going to make a Brawler/GS guide for PvE but if you have any question regarding PvP or anything that is related to this thread then I don't mind answering questions to as far as my abilities can Smile.
Please I don't like to argue about anything that I did wrong but, if you think I did then please tell me where was I specifically wrong and answer it with a proof then I'll re-do the things that was supposedly false then at end of course, your credit Smile

Introduction
Brawler/Gunslinger is in my opinion good for doing DPS due to the traps it benefits the class and providing range on dodging certain "red carpets" AoE skills from bosses while doing damage too. Also the GS class provides Damage Absorb to HP weapons which is a nice touch to people that can't afford Nocturnal Cores. This Guide will tell you how to properly build your Pure DPS Brawler with specific reasons to why you should follow, If you don't like how the build looks then question me If you didn't understand a specific category why I put it as. Remember that this Guide will be upgraded once I get more info especially lvl 60 Smile. These are all my opinions on how to build your Brawler/GS, also please this is PvE.

Envoy Path

So let's break it down to why I chose this as my Envoy Path
The reason I went DMG/CRIT/CRITDMG focus is of course the main thing for dealing DPS during Dungeon Runs. The more I deal damage the faster I can kill bosses/mobs/elites etc.
Also I picked Frozen Salvo due to the mastery that gives 3% damage absorb to HP and it deals good damage too Smile

Benefits:
DMG+8% on main while +14% on Katars
Crit Rate+19.6% on main while +24.6% on Katars
Crit Damage+30% on Katars
Max Hp +15%
Katar Skills+3
Every Crit boosts +10% DMG for 10 secs
Every time you release charges boosts CRIT DMG +20%
Skill (Frozen Salvo)

Character Stats

Max DMG/HP since I know for a fact that Brawler's trait gives crit boost of 10% of the base crit. Which also boosts crit when procs/buffs/foods are on. Which means, putting points on DMG gives us more damage during crits ! Don't forget about CRIT DMG though!
Max HP gives us more sustain (Brawler passive boosts 15% Max HP on base stat) and since Def can be obtained through equipment with fortification going HP is good! but if you don't have any forti scrolls of course you can always go Def but don't forget to get some HP!
Some people likes to go Eva on this class, I don't really like it but it's all a person's preference! So If you like Eva go for it! I won't put the build for it here but if you want i'll tell you Smile

Masteries

Benefits:
Acc-10%
Def-10%
DMG+5%
Null Strike DoT+20%
HoT+1% every 30 secs for 10 secs
Frozen Salvo 3% damage absorbed as HP

Reason:
Simple, more damage and more sustain.
Acc-10% gives a chance for mobs/elites/(boss?) to miss giving you time to heal with HoT, Heal.
Def-10% is pretty self-explanatory low def = more damage.
DMG+5% please.
Null Strike DoT+20% this gives me sustain due to its 10% absorbed as HP, the more I do damage with the stack the more I get HoT.
Frozen Salvo 3% damage absorbed as HP, this is only good if you took Frozen Salvo in Envoy Path, if you didn't, no need to take this and take something else Smile

Gear:
I took full Aria Set due to the Set bonus it gives and also provides DMG/CRIT/HP

Reason:
Full Aria gives the best base damage as an equipment, It may have low Defense unlike Requiem but the stats and abilities it provides for the class makes it up.
Heal+10% benefits the class because of Brawler's instant heal called inner strength, this skill doesn't have any cast time and it's cooldown is quite low (for me it has 4.5cd due to the SS -10% cd) and with Upper Equipment of Aria, it boosts the amount it heals on your character along with crit/crit dmg up to 10%. Your heal amount depends on how much Damage you have, That's right. The more Damage you have, the more heal you get from this skill and since if you notice, Aria is full DMG+1% on all piece and with cores it makes a total +10% DMG (if you make full DMG Cores though!) This means 10% more on your base damage plus the damage it already gives to your base!. You can also boost the heal amount through SS(Secret Stones), I took Azure because it lowers the CD and also SS that has HEAL+x% if you want to try Wink.
It also gives Damage against bosses +15%! Isn't that nice?

Weapon:
I took Meira's Freezing Katars, as for ability, it deals 1655 damage per tick this also crits!
Meira also gives 2% Dmg absorbed as HP! It's just hidden Wink
Yellow weapons also has the highest boost % but doesn't have Elemental type.

For the Pistol:

Crit DMG +25% for bosses!
or

Cheap that gives 5% DMG and 2% absorbed as HP!

Trophy
Shard of Toto's Water Blade

Provides good Crit/Crit Damage+15%/HP
and
Argus' Dragon Heart (ignore the Martial xD I was experimenting EVA)

Provides Crit/Eva
Ability boosts Crit and Crit Damage+20%

Accessory
Comet Set

Provides Crit/Crit Damage +10%/Damage/HP

Cores for crafting

Weapons

Nocturnal Cores that gives 3% DMG Absorbed as HP
Fell Cores that gives 15% ACC
Deadly Cores that gives +15% CRIT DMG
These three are needed. If you can't affored take
Eagle Cores that gives Crit+2%
Barbed Cores that gives Dmg+2%
Destroyer Cores that Reduces 10% Def

Armor

Noble that gives Crit+1% and Max HP1%
Bestial that gives DMG+1% and Max HP1%
or if not MAX HP
Spiky that gives DMG+1% and DEF+1%

Secret Stones

Try to get as much Golden Stones because these gives your skills a boost of 15% CRT DMG!
As for Prefix, Destroying gives CRT DMG+6%, it's cheap.
if you want double stat:
the stone that gives ACC +3% and CRT DMG+6% or -Damage Taken+2% and CRT DMG+6%

Name Prefix:
Acc+3% = Godly
CRT DMG+6% = Destroying
Damage Taken-2% = Unshakable
Advertisement

zagonboss

zagonboss
PostedFeb 23, 2014 3:25 pm   Last edited by zagonboss on Apr 24, 2014 9:31 am. Edited 9 times in total
Sorry for the LONG WAIT!
Lvl 65 Brawler/GS DPS Guide!
Hello guys, Boss here. This will be the new update as of 3/28/2014! It was my birthday yesterday so I didn't do this xD or should I say, I was just lazy as f. Anyways, this is a pure DPS guide to lvl 65! Gearing your Brawler/GS to maximizing damage and also, tanking! So here it is, sorry for the long wait.

Envoy Path for lvl 65:
Envoy Path

Apparently, I didn't really change much since lvl 60 because I'm already satisfied with the Envoy Path that I use. If you want, You can either get, DMG 4% (which I went) HP 4% or Ultimates.
I'm using this Envoy as a good DPS hold and some survival.
As you can you see, It has all the new passives buffs that were added. The one that boosts ACC, DMG and EVA, and Damage Reduction and are able to stack to 5 times. They are called Flame Charge and Water Charge. You can see them in the envoy path. Flame Charge at the right side and Water Charge below Truth Seeker which in is the left side.
Some people are asking how do they operate. As what the game details it, It gives you blue and red charges from any skill you use. It's true and false at the same time. It actually maintains the buff from any skills you are using e.x Aimed Shot from GS. It doesn't give any charges but it resets the timer of the buff, which means it can last forever if you keep using skills with the 5 stacks!
Side notes:
This only works If you deal damage to enemies. Skills that doesn't damage directly to enemies does not apply to these passive buffs. These skills are in Brawler/GS:
-Traps (Ice/Flare)
-Decoy
-Inner Strength
The buff gives up to 15% ACC, 15% DMG, 10% EVA, -5% Damage Reduction
If you want an ultimate, I recommend getting Frozen Salvo for PvE and Flaming Launcher for PvP. Just my two cents, since Frozen Salvo has a small invincibility while casting and Flaming Launcher has some good masteries to go along with, same with Frozen Salvo.

Character Stats:
This is my Character in normal stats.

My Character in Buffed stats

I experimented different stats, costed me a lot of gold but tis K. If it's good to help other people I'll do my best :] here's my conclusions to different stat types.
Balance:
DMG/CRIT:
maintaining your crit percent at a good 55% makes you're ticks and attacks goes on yellows Smile
CRIT/SPD:
more Ticks on DoTs while getting it to crit with the crit damage.
HP/DEF:
good survivalbility, I have it on and it's a nice touch of the half half set.
DEF/EVA:
good for soloing, not that good during OT, some boss can one hit you.
HP/EVA:
I have no idea, not willing to experiment this lol, but if i have extra gold, i'll try.

FULL:
DMG: Crit at 40-45% w/o buffs is already good but if you want to expect crits, you can either go balance with DMG or SPD
CRIT: not a chance
SPD: somewhat good since it's good for the ticks, don't max it though

HP: somewhat useless if you don't have a good 50-60% Def.
DEF: good, don't forget to hit at least 30k hp
EVA: good, if max + with truth seeker passive

Masteries

Changed from Acc -10% to Dmg +7% because it increase base damage. I do feel like Acc-10% is only good during PvP. Pve, not so much, 10% is not enough for bosses lol and besides you can get the green version of the dmg +x% in Navae Smile. Zeal is always good amplifier for maximum DPS!
Benefits:
DMG+7%
10% chance to deal extra 70% damage (you can change this if you don't like Zeal)
Continuous Damage 30% (DoT is increased 30% every stack)
DEF+5%
DEF-10% to enemies (this is a choice, they don't stack as in with if another person has this, so go whatever you want)
2% Damage to DEF (you can get next upgrade in Navea)

My skill rotation is pretty basic towards PvE.
DPS:
Blitz (it not near, but this is unnecessary since you want to use the stun to use it for Back Stab Lotus Strike) > Swift Strike (deals damage and of course debuff of Acc - XX% dependent on your grade of mastery, and Def - XXXX your lvl) > Shadow Strike (deals damage, DoT dependent on Level, can stack to 3 times) > Ice Trap (immobilize, DoT dependent on Level) > Dark Flare (Stable DoT, if enemy moves, no point) > Stack red points (use Spark and Flames, it has high output than electrocution) > Lotus Strike.
Tanking or Reducing incoming damage:
Inner Strength > Rotation > always try to use inner strength when you're near death and keep up the buff

best DPS that brawler can brandish out:
Boss:
Swift Strike > Shadow Strike > Spark and Flames > Swift Strike > Shadow Strike >Blitz> Back Stab Lotus Strike
This gives 3 stacks of red and 3 stacks of blue before using Back Stab Lotus Strike. If stun is already implemented before this rotation, try to look for a back stab chance, if not. Just use it.
Trash Mobs in groups:
Inner Strength > Lure (Blitz and Shadow Strike are always good to pop on buffs) > Dark Flare (Try to use it before engaging combat or a good spot if you think you can handle damage, put it where they are all standing and attack you ) > Inner Strength (why? Gives you good amount of Crit/Eva buffs, Lotus is only single but gives you HoT if you have stacks of blue) > Sparks and Flames > Electrocution > SaF > Elec
I'm using Eva build (I know I know, I shouldn't be using it due to the fact I said max hp, but I didn't think I need to use better pairs of Def Equipment, They really burn, so I'll put updates when I hit 60) because having the Inner Strength buff maximizes the eva stats due to how easy you can stack it, remember Eva is Level wise, if you fight higher lvl than you are Eva wouldn't be the best choice but still considered to be good if maxed.
Dark Flare is an AoE Stable Damage over Time, It's not great if you misplace them, so your best bet is to just cross the middle of mobs where they gather and place it and gtfo (lol) this is very risky. The safest way to place them is after you know you finished luring and place it a bit next where you're going to attack them, a better explanation is to not place under you lol, it won't hit a large group of mobs.
Sparks and Flames, Electrocution is your best bet for max DPS and also Damage Absorbed as HP.

Eidolons

Bel-chandra

• Can be obtained through Eidolon Fragments. You get it from doing daily quests and bulletin boards. Can also be obtained through defeating them in Temple of Eidolons (ToE as abbreviation), Guild Hall Spawn and Otherworlds such as Skandia and Helonia.
  • Provides permanent 20% Crit Damage and Crit.
  • Main Boost is Crit

Uzuriel

• Cannot be obtained through Eidolon Fragments. Can only be obtained through defeating them in Temple of Eidolons (ToE as abbreviation), Guild Hall Spawn and Otherworlds such as Skandia and Helonia.
  • provides permanent 20% Crit Damage and Crit.
  • Main Boost is DMG

Optionals:

• Sigrun for Tankiness
  • Endora for DMG
  • Yarnaros for DMG

All i can think off. Have a good day and good luck Smile
Gear

Armor
for the RICH!
Head and Body
Survival/Tanking:

This is what I recommend for tanking! very useful towards doing OtherWorlds Hells, and Sky Tower!
Provides Defence and Damage Taken and of course HP
Pure DPS:
Revelation Set

you'll have survivability but it's not as tanky as Titan, because it doesn't give you reduce damage taken. Althought, the damage boost of this will really show your potencial of our DPS and tankyness. I mean, 20 damage reduction is already good and with max def (if you can enhance this set. I doubt you'd be using any def stats.) also good to use Floats too.
Provide Pure base Damage DMG/CRIT
Bottom

Lethal beast all the way, because as you see, we already achieve 300% crit damage lol.
I'll calculate how did I manage to achieve this. Also, I'll be polishing my guide to 65.
Base Crit Damage is 130%
-Crit Damage secret stones.
max you can get is 6, and 7 equipment are able to use a secret stone so 6 x 7 = 42 Crit Damage
-Envoy Path
20% Crit Damage every time you use charges (using Lotus Strike with a red/blue charge or Inner Strength)
you can get 25% - 30% Crit Damage, I highly recommend skipping the 5% not worth. I have an envoy path in the guide that shows this.
-lvl 60 crafted Navae weapon or lvl 65 Holy Beast
35% Crit Damage proc
-lvl 55 accessories
DMG %3 set gives 4% Crit Damage per one, so 3 x 4 = 12% Crit Damage
EVA %3 set gives 8% Crit Damage per one, so 3 x 8 = 24% Crit Damage
-Lethal Beast Set
each gives 5% Crit Damage, so 3 x 5 = 15%
now, let's add all the Crit Damage we achieve
42 + 45 + 35 + 12 + 15 = 149
That's 130 + 149 = 279%
Don't forget Uzu or Bel, That's 20% if there's only 1 that's 20% , if there's both, that's 40% but do we really need it? nawww Wink
So there you go, Lethal Beast all the way, that double damage or people who already investigated this already proved that it's only 60% but hey, another zeal is always awesome.
Weapon
Katar
I recommend getting the one in Navea

Reason:
It's because this has better base stats and also ability than the other one that you get in Sky Tower. This katar has better HP Base stats but lower base stats on the crit. The other gives you 3% to Crit while this one gives 5% Max HP. I don't feel like explaining why this is better but this is the other Katar that you can get in Sky Tower, it's just horrid.

Lvl 65 Weapon

You can always use the lvl 60 one, they are the same but this has better base damage since it's lvl 65 yellow weapon. Yellow weapon has the highest grade in the color system of rarest. it goes up to 140%
Dual Pistol:
Zaahir is my recommendation for the weapon, if you can't get it and have the Sky Tower Recipe for the Dual Pistol it's good too, especially if you want nocturnal/deadly/fell cores to go along with it. The one in Navae is easy to get but trashy stats, but still good for the cores.

LVL 65 Dual Pistol:

new nocturnal :] it's a bit difficult to get but If you can get to farm Whirlpool, you should be able to get it. IF you can't i recommend just getting the Navae one since it's much more cheaper and make it nocturnal. even though it's movement speed, that's fine. the 10% damage to boss is still good.

Regarding Elements:
Considering Elements on weapon and armors, It determines to what you are able to deal more damage to an element and lessens damage towards an element.

Elemental Weapons
Each of the skills from different classes have elements attached to them. By using the same weapon element as your skills, you will deal an additional 20% damage from your attacks. However, it should be noted that Yellow or crafted weapons do not have elements attached to them.

Elemental Armors
The Armor element of your gear will result in less damage taken from a skill of another armor type. For example, if you wear a Fire armor, you will take less damage from incoming fire attacks from both the PvE and PvP perspective.

This means that if you are a tanker, you should note which monsters deal the most damage to you with certain skills, then you can equip the right elemental armors accordingly.

The result of this is that you should typically wear Fire elemental armors into the Infernal Abyss dungeon so that you suffer less damage from incoming fire monster attacks.

-from gamelytic

In addition on how to get specific elements. They are not random when you craft them. What green piece weapon or armor is what will became the element of that piece of equipment.

Accesories
You can keep the Comet Set, I think they are still good but If you think it's a bit low. You can switch to DMG+3% Set or you can Balance it with the Eva+3% for better CRT DMG

Trophies
No point getting tank items such Talumund or Talens. You can try Murfeo's for Heal and some SPD. Another thing to check that the lvl 50s are still good like Toto's Shard and Argus' Heart.

Lvl 60 Cores

Secret Stones
I recommend getting Destroying/Unshakable/DMG%2
Destroying = Crit Damage 6% this is a must! maxing crit damage as a DPS class is always good especially us Brawlers who maximizes this stats to the upper level!
Unshakable = Damage taken -2% this is good for tanking and making sure you won't be as squishy as a melee DPS
DMG %2 there's no name for this because this is a random prefix for the second slot of the secret stone. good damage.
I use Crit Damage 6%/Damage taken -2% for secret stones because I'm mostly the tank in OWs and thus I take it as a necessary thing to max. They cost a lot! so I recommend seeking for Crit Damage 4%/Damage taken -2% they go around 40-60g. Remember for the helm secret stone, always get the Sparks and Flames skill + 5m because it's a nice touch for AoE

Side Notes that you should read
For the Poor like me D:! and other people!
I know this guide is stupid expensive, That's why I'm going to tell some tips.
-You can wear your lvl 50 crafted gear and save til you have enough money to buy these equipment.
-If you don't feel satisfied with your lvl 50 crafted gear, you can switch to having lvl 60 greens, they are still good and cheap!
-Making money in this game is dependent on your luck! so if you get something good sell it directly before the money goes down! (TIPS: buy/sell like a merchant Smile make profit like a boss)
-lvl 60 bottom aren't necessary, you should just use your lvl 50s til you hit lvl 65 and get the yellow equipments, It's better.
-lvl 50 Comet Set is good for maintaining crit, I suggest tweaking crit to up to 50-60% so you can use the other lvl 55 Sets. I heard there's some good accessories at lvl 65 but idk if it's good for brawlers.
-You can always tweak your stats and envoys to be it your playstyle!
-If you guys think I have some suggestions on how to make this guide better, hit me up through mail or post it here Very Happy!
Credits
-Thank you for the people who followed this Smile
-Thank you for Portskandia for the information on items.
-Thank you for gamelytic for the info for Elements
-Thank you for the people who helped answering questions of other people!
-KurysFlame for correcting information and calculations

KurysFlame

Rank 4
KurysFlame
PostedFeb 23, 2014 4:30 pm
Great guide. Only one issue I see right off the bat. You wrote:
zagonboss wrote:
Max DMG/HP since I know for a fact that Brawler's trait gives crit boost of 10% which means the more crit you stack the more crit boosts it provides. This also boosts when procs/buffs/foods are on. Which means, putting points on DMG gives us more damage during crits ! Don't forget about CRIT DMG though!  

The boost it given by our main envoy is "pure," meaning it adds straight to the percent and doesn't increase if we stack more crit (actually if you do the math, the way it is offers us a greater bonus). I wasn't absolutely positive, so I decided to test by making a new character. Here was the result:

Click to enlarge.

This was the level I gained access to envoys, lvl 3. Before this I had about 6% crit. This part was reduced when I leveled. If the boost was 10% of what you have, I would have much less crit than this.

"He gave me a severe look over his spectacles and said, as if he thought the words were deadly venom and might kill me, 'You are an untidy person.'" -Jim Butcher A Short Story

zagonboss

zagonboss
PostedFeb 23, 2014 4:48 pm
KurysFlame wrote:
Great guide. Only one issue I see right off the bat. You wrote:
zagonboss wrote:
Max DMG/HP since I know for a fact that Brawler's trait gives crit boost of 10% which means the more crit you stack the more crit boosts it provides. This also boosts when procs/buffs/foods are on. Which means, putting points on DMG gives us more damage during crits ! Don't forget about CRIT DMG though!  

The boost it given by our main envoy is "pure," meaning it adds straight to the percent and doesn't increase if we stack more crit (actually if you do the math, the way it is offers us a greater bonus). I wasn't absolutely positive, so I decided to test by making a new character. Here was the result:

Click to enlarge.

This was the level I gained access to envoys, lvl 3. Before this I had about 6% crit. This part was reduced when I leveled. If the boost was 10% of what you have, I would have much less crit than this.  

:O! I see, thx for the info. I wasn't positive too xD I forgot to rephrase "fact" to something "not sure" but all I know that it provides a good boost of 10% of the crit base. Hmm, maybe i should have just said that instead stacking lol needa edit stat info to a more fact info. thx Flame.

KurysFlame

Rank 4
KurysFlame
PostedFeb 23, 2014 5:08 pm
Np. Also, looks like you decided evade was a no go for you. If anyone does want to though, should probably skip the katar crit damage +5% and go for the Martial Artist passive. Should have it by lvl 57. Helps a ton to have a chance to escape crowd control and neuters any duelists without enough accuracy.

Just my 2 cents. Tried out katar/GS and dang, that thing has crazy burst. Ice trap + lotus OP.

"He gave me a severe look over his spectacles and said, as if he thought the words were deadly venom and might kill me, 'You are an untidy person.'" -Jim Butcher A Short Story

zagonboss

zagonboss
PostedFeb 23, 2014 5:28 pm
KurysFlame wrote:
Np. Also, looks like you decided evade was a no go for you. If anyone does want to though, should probably skip the katar crit damage +5% and go for the Martial Artist passive. Should have it by lvl 57. Helps a ton to have a chance to escape crowd control and neuters any duelists without enough accuracy.

Just my 2 cents. Tried out katar/GS and dang, that thing has crazy burst. Ice trap + lotus OP.  

yea it is OP especially if you have 3 stacks of red charges. And yes, I did say that this will be upgraded if I have more info regarding things such as those envoy paths and all. I only have 17 points of envoy path so I put it to a way more beneficial towards DPS

zexion951

Rank 0
PostedFeb 23, 2014 5:56 pm
got a few questions, how come everyone's been saying that katar/gs is purely pvp and yet u say its for PVE? Also, what do you think of EVA on katar?

zagonboss

zagonboss
PostedFeb 23, 2014 6:16 pm
zexion951 wrote:
got a few questions, how come everyone's been saying that katar/gs is purely pvp and yet u say its for PVE? Also, what do you think of EVA on katar?  

Purely? Hah, please. Did they even bother trying to make it PvE? or those people just practically put Brawler/GS as PvP category? Sure enough I'll tell how good this class is on doing DPS.
Brawler has 2 aoe skills that are spam-able with low speed which means dealing group mobs is easy. Notice that Crit +10% in Brawler's passive is not for show only, this baby with gears that boosts crit can easily get to 50% easy w/o putting points on it which means i'll focus in putting more DMG points on my stats making CRIT DMG as primary which will make my damage sky high. If only I can show a video soloing DC Party xD (**** comp, i'll wait til i get my new comp and put it, but it'll prolly be when Warbow is out so point.) Also GS provides you with traps that is DoT but also crits! I'm wacking bosses 26k damage per tick on my dark flare, just see how much it boosts higher lvl. People are saying that GS is mainly for PvP but nah, They're pretty good damage dealers all they need is some boost damage like any other class needs. but please, I hate people when they try to discriminate classes that doesn't even prove anything (people saying you don't need guardians. bro please, aggro)

EVA Brawlers are good actually, I tried it and it's pretty useful for soloing dgns due to so much miss on mobs. The only thing that pisses me off on this stats is the damage. God, just how long does it need to kill something but hey GS DoT please.

Basically implies that if you want EVA you're going to sacrifice damage, if you want damage, you're going to sacrifice EVA but just a little bit, i went full EVA and sitting on 50% with eva envoy path and eva masteries of course but with low HP :/ but it's still good in my opinion just sacrafice small damage percent and huge 10k hp.

zexion951

Rank 0
PostedFeb 23, 2014 6:30 pm
I dont quite get it, why does EVA affect your dmg? Also ive been thinking of getting eva to a certain lvl where it will cap with full katar buffs/foods/party buffs and put the rest of the pts into HP.

zagonboss

zagonboss
PostedFeb 23, 2014 6:49 pm
zexion951 wrote:
I dont quite get it, why does EVA affect your dmg? Also ive been thinking of getting eva to a certain lvl where it will cap with full katar buffs/foods/party buffs and put the rest of the pts into HP.  

Like I said you're sacrificing some percent in order to hit that EVA max not a huge portion but just a little bit. Like for example, when I tried EVA Max, my damage went down from 23k from 44k (Full max eva w/o buffs with Requiem Set) due to I had to put mastery that gives eva boosts, have envoy path Eva instead of DMG+% and put equipment that boosts my Eva like putting Requiem on and trophies, weapons too :<

As for that "certain lvl where it cap with full katar buffs/foods/party buffs" I don't think you can max it w/o getting 60 - 75% because Brawler doesn't give any Eva boosts on his passive but only through some Eva points on envoy path that you have to sacrifice to whether get DMG+% or Crit + Crit damage.

So If you want that cap with boosts and all, might as well go half Requiem and half Aria this means you're sacrificing some damage in order to hit that cap or wait til they release the passive that boosts Eva by stacking (which I'm waiting Very Happy! eva brawlers going to be sweet)