Author Message

csonka.mihaly

Rank 1
csonka.mihaly
Joined
19 Jan 2013
Posts
397
Location
Belgium
PostedFeb 22, 2014 5:17 pm   Last edited by csonka.mihaly on Mar 26, 2014 3:06 am. Edited 32 times in total

[Guide] Kibou's Fairy Warbow/Gunslinger PvE Guide

TO BE UPDATED | no ETA
Welcome to my warbow guide. My IGN is Kibou and I play on Hydra. I hope this guide can be of any help building your own warbow and hail down death and destruction over all those nasty mobs :3

-Disclaimer-
I tested warbow on HK server to experience its pro and cons and to feel how warbow performs. There may be mistakes in my observation because I don't understand 1 word what's written in HK and I thus relied on reading wiki and comparing stuff. Due to this reason, this guide/build is NOT finished and most probably contains errors/flaws. If someone has played warbow on another version on AK and has a different meaning, go ahead and tell me. I'm eager to learn and discuss things.
Also, English is not my mother tongue and as a LOT of ppl told me already; I suck in explaining things XD
If you have any questions about the working of a skill or whatsoever, feel free to ask.
Anyway, without further ado, let's start off Very Happy

The Warbow: General Info

-About Warbow-
The warbow is a ranged, burst-DPS class. It can also be viewed as a semi-AoE class due to the linear AoE skills. Anyhow, you won't be able to match wizards. (Warbows are tankier than wizards though) The skills use a charging mechanic which will affect each skill's strength, add debuffs to your attacks or improve the skill's effects.

-Pro and Cons-
Pro
-Massive burst damage (due to the DMG multipliers everywhere)
-High movement SPD to kite
-Move while charging skills
Move while releasing most of the skills
-Full charged skills grant buffs and debuffs
-Tanky among ranged classes
-Most skills are able to hit multiple targets
Cons
-Squishy compared to most non-ranged classes
-Has to charge attacks so SPD will be important
-Not fully charging will result in only 50% DMG output
-Only 1 bigger, circular AoE skill

-Charging mechanic-
There are 2 possible ways of casting a skill:
-Not charging or charging till <50%. This results in 50% dmg output and no additional effect.
-Full charging (if the hotkey is released past 50% of the charging, it will keep charging till 100%). This results in 120% dmg output and additional effects.

-Subclasses-
While choosing a subclass, bear in mind that combo skills are, in general, not worth the envoy-point. Also, your subclass skills will barely ever be used.

If you have any remarks on this table, pls MESSAGE me. Don't post here.


-Eidolon-
Starter
Serif (tank)

Merillee (healer)


General: solo
Tank: you are on the squishy side so an Eidolon which tanks the mobs is recommended.

General: in parties
DPS or tank: A healing Eidolon isn't needed because you will always have a bard with you and if not, you've probably outleveled the dungeon. Thus DPS or tank Eidolons are recommended.

-Skills-
Triple Shot
Main DPS skill
-No element
-Shoots 3 arrows, each dealing 1/3 of the damage
-If fully charged, shoots 4th arrow (additional 1/3)
-Single target
-Possible to move while charging and casting
NOTE: the CD of this skill is 2sec and not 2min like stated on various wiki

Frost Arrow
-Ice element
-Applies -30% move SPD to target for 4sec
-If fully charged it freezes the target, making it unable to move for 4sec
-Single target
-Possible to move while charging, locked while casting

Dimensional Shot
Main DPS skill
-Dark element
-DoT effect for 10sec
-If fully charged, crit chance +30% while casting the skill
-Straight line AoE
-Possible to move while charging and casting

Blessing of the Winds
Self buff
-Duration: 25sec
-DMG +x
- +30% chance to double hit
If longbow is main weapon:
-Move SPD+ 10%
-dmg taken -10%

Corrosive Arrow (the bard raping toy Twisted Evil )
-No element
-Shoots 2 arrows of which the 1st deals 2/3, and the 2nd 1/3 of the dmg
-Decreases DEF, can be stacked 3 times. Lasts for 12sec
-If fully charged, decreases target's HEAL% by 40%. Lasts for 12sec
-Single target
-Possible to move while charging, locked while casting

Arrow of Light
Main DPS skill
-Light element
-If fully charged, decreases target's DMG by 15% for 10sec
-Straight line AoE
-Possible to move while charging and casting

Hail of Arrows
-No element
-If fully charged, increases AoE range
-Circular AoE
-Possible to move while charging and casting

Burst of Speed
Partybuff
-Increases party's speed by +x and increases accuracy by +5%

Skill Rotations
Boss:
Do NOT charge Corrosive Shot (unless the boss has healing skills)
1. >>> 2. >>>3. >>>cycle 2 & 3 (2->3->2->3->...)

Normal mob:
Do NOT charge Corrosive Shot
1. >>if needed>>2. >>>keep doing 2 till the mob dies

-more to be added later-
Advertisement

csonka.mihaly

Rank 1
csonka.mihaly
Joined
19 Jan 2013
Posts
397
Location
Belgium
PostedFeb 22, 2014 5:22 pm   Last edited by csonka.mihaly on Mar 13, 2014 11:07 am. Edited 16 times in total
Recommended stats and my Warbow/Gunslinger build

-Why Gunslinger sub?-
Sub classes are always personal choices. I've chosen GS because it gives me enough SPD from the weapons (and pt buff) to cap SPD very easy. With this I can add more points into (if needed) CRIT and DMG. I can also go in while charging my warbow skills, then drop traps, and go out while charging another skill. This doesn't make me lose any DPS time (of course you will have to know when to go in to prevent whipe from the red carpets).

-Masteries-
Common
Bullseye Trio
Adds DMG-8% effect to Triple Arrow

I choose BT over the other mastery because Bullseye Trio's decrease of DMG. Decrease DMG from different skills stack so with the base masteries (blue quality) you can have
8% (Bullseye Trio)+ 15% (Arrow of Light)+ 10% (Organized Sabotage)= 33% decrease of the mob's DMG.

Offensive
This one is completely up to you. You can increase stats which might be a little bit too low, or pump stats which are extremely high already Very Happy

Advanced
Blinding Arrow
Increases skill dmg by +15%

Defensive
Courage

Tactical
Again one which is completely up to you because tactical skills don't stack.
For soloing I mostly take Organised Sabotage and simply forget to change it at any other time -3-

Special
The Best Defence
Choose this if your equipment doesn't grant you enough DEF
Deep Blue
To increase DMG and decrease malice which we produce with the bursts

-Stats and Equipment-
Stats
The warbow has a lot of effects which increase its stats. This makes it possible to not spend too much points on certain stats. For example: the base envoy of warbow gives crit chance+20 while casting a skill. This makes 30-40% CRIT already enough instead of pumping it to 50-60%.
I go for 40-45% SPD first (party, eidolon, etc. buff will make it cap), then add all which is left into DMG
For defense stat: go for full HP. Together with the SPD to HP envoy, you'll have a lot of HP.

Weapons
Take for both main and subclass the lv.60 craftabled weapons. As for cores, take 2x Deadly cores (CRIT DMG+15%) or 1x Deadly and 1x Nocturnal (3% of damage is absorbed). When choosing for Nocturnal you'll have to make the most of the (linear) AoE at all time.

Body equipment
Head: Titan
Body: Titan
Cores: Bestial (+DMG/+HP)
Lower parts: Lion's Roar Set or Revelation set
I choose Titan on upper parts for the survive ability (+HEAL from Revelation upper parts is useless as we don't have any healing skills). Lion's Roar Set for the +CRIT DMG if you have enough luck/money, otherwise you can make a full Revelation set.

Accessories
The Revenge of the Fallen Set is recommended for his +DarkDmg. Another possible option is the Sanguinary set.

Trophies
Malodnak's Dark Claw is almost a must. For your 2nd trophy you can choose between Caroline's Intent or Ancient Mask of the Dark Occultist.

As for cores, take Bestial (+DMG/+HP)

Sigils
Peoples have asked me: 'Why dmg reduction?'. It's simple; +%HP will only give you an advantage for several hits. With dmg reduction you will eventually last longer.
Knowing this, you can choose between increasing your dmg (3rd stat=+DMG) or increase survive ability (3rd stat= dmg reduction)
-Golden Triple Shot Secret Stone
(CRIT DMG+15%, cDMG+6%, 3rd stat)

-Golden Aimed Shot Secret Stone
(cDMG+15%, cDMG+6%, 3rd stat)

-Golden Hail of Arrows Secret Stone
(CRIT DMG+15%, cDMG+6%, 3rd stat)

-Golden Ultraviolet Catastrophe Secret Stone
(cDMG+15%, cDMG+6%, 3rd stat)

-Sunrise Arrow of Light Secret Stone
(CRIT+4%, cDMG+6%, 3rd stat)

-Sunrise Dimensional Shot Secret Stone
(CRIT+4%, cDMG+6%, 3rd stat)

-Emerald Corrosive Shot Secret Stone
(duration +4sec, cDMG+6%, 3rd stat)
Due to the extra 4sec debuff which you gain from this SS, it is possible to throw another skill in between (for example rebuffing)

-Envoy Path-
This envoy path is for lv.66. Every point gained after this may be spend freely. I chose envoy path V2 because it was released for other versions along with warbow too. I hope Aeria does this for us too.

1st follow the green path
2nd the blue path
3rd the purple
4th orange
Last but not least the 2 red dots (it is possible to drop these 2 for, for example, class combi skills. However, it will lower the dmg of all your other skills)

Warbow
-Fully charging a skill gives CRIT+20% and accuracy+20% while casting
-Move SPD +10%
-Bow skills +3

Battle Tactics
-Lv.1: DMG+1%
-Lv.3: DMG+4%

Bow Mastery
-DMG of main weapon +6%

Battlefield Motivator
After attacking, the party receives a buff
-Chance of dealing double dmg +8%
-Lasts 10sec

Attack Swiftness
-Lv.2: SPD+1%
-Lv.3: SPD+2%

Fleet Footed
-Move SPD+5%

Overdraw
-After fully charging a skill, DMG+3% and ACC+3%
-Last for 15 seconds.
-Stack up to 5 times.

Determination
-Crit dmg taken-15%

Speed of Life
-25% of SPD is added to HP

Blessing of the Winds Mastery
-Blessing of the Winds skill lv.+5
-Blessing of the Winds duration +3sec
With both of these and sufficient SPD you can have an endless buff Very Happy

Bow Research
-Crit dmg+15%

Weak Point Analysis
-Lv.2: CRIT+1,6%
-Lv.3: CRIT+3,2%

Credits
Aura Kingdom wiki
Reyva wiki
Portskandia wiki
Endora's Lair wiki
arcss' warbow guide (TW server)
pfgaming27 (providing pages with prefix names)

Brigitte_Hydra

Rank 0
Joined
16 Feb 2014
Posts
34
Location
Belgium
PostedFeb 22, 2014 7:38 pm
Ah finally a fellow Belgian Smile

pfgaming27

Rank 3
pfgaming27
Joined
30 Dec 2013
Posts
1517
Location
Ham & Turkey
PostedFeb 22, 2014 9:32 pm
Lol. So weird we have the same envoy path

Server: Siren | Guild: Lumina | IGN: PF | Class: WB/GS | Level: 5X

sirken2

Rank 0
sirken2
Joined
14 Oct 2007
Posts
75
Location
Manassas VA United States
PostedFeb 23, 2014 8:47 am
I was looking at doing about the same for my wb as well envoy wise. Though i was wondering based on the 25 % speed to hp what type of return are we looking at? The only thing i want to do diffrent then you is i want thoses 2 points for the dark arrow for 10% more dmg as i have a dark trophy to add more dmg to it as it is one if not our best dps tool.I was alao wondering why you go for dmg reduction 2% over the raw dmg do we pull agro that easily? Another question would you say overall the crafted gear is better for us rhen the yelloAs fw 65 gear? As for sub class is gs needed witho howmany gs subs there are what are your thought on staff sub?

animagisity

Rank 3
animagisity
Joined
16 Jul 2011
Posts
1484
Location
United States
PostedFeb 23, 2014 10:00 am
I seems to have noticed the only Ultimate Skills Warbow have... is with Guardian and Bard...

csonka.mihaly

Rank 1
csonka.mihaly
Joined
19 Jan 2013
Posts
397
Location
Belgium
PostedFeb 23, 2014 1:44 pm   Last edited by csonka.mihaly on Feb 23, 2014 2:33 pm. Edited 1 time in total
sirken2 wrote:
I was looking at doing about the same for my wb as well envoy wise. Though i was wondering based on the 25 % speed to hp what type of return are we looking at?  

The 25% is added directly to the base HP, without +%. The +% you have from pumping all points into HP will make this 25% become around 7.5k-10k at lv.60

sirken2 wrote:
The only thing i want to do diffrent then you is i want thoses 2 points for the dark arrow for 10% more dmg as i have a dark trophy to add more dmg to it as it is one if not our best dps tool.  

Yes, Dimensional Shot is one of the 3 main DPS skills. It is possible to drop the 2 red dots and allocate them somewhere else. However, I don't recommend this because it will lower the dmg of all your skills in general, only for increasing 1 skill's dmg.

sirken2 wrote:
I was also wondering why you go for dmg reduction 2% over the raw dmg do we pull agro that easily?  

I'm afraid that I don't know which section you're talking about in this question :S

sirken2 wrote:
Another question would you say overall the crafted gear is better for us than the yellows fw 65 gear?  

For weapons I prefer crafted ones because the ones which you can get in SkyTower give +x% dmg to bosses. Yellow/golden weapons aren't that bad either so you can choose.
For armour on the other hand, crafter are way better. For example the body armour:
Titan Armour
Golden lv.65 armour
As you can see, the stats are identical (only 1 SPD more on the lv.65 one). The reason why crafted is better is because of the set bonus and the cores. The set bonus is better than the golden's bonus, and the cores give extra stats which the golden ones don't.

sirken2 wrote:
As for sub class is gs needed with how many gs subs there are.  

Gs is not needed, I've chosen it due to the increase of SPD.

sirken2 wrote:
What are your thoughts on staff sub?  

I haven't played wizard as main, nor sub so I don't know how the class works and performs. I'm sorry.

animagisity wrote:
I seems to have noticed the only Ultimate Skills Warbow have... is with Guardian and Bard...  

Yes, the warbow has combi skills with bard and guardian. Like mentioned, every point which you earn after lv.66 is free to spend. It's also possible to drop the red dots to have 2 additional points. However, like I said against sirken2, it will lower your overall dmg. It is possible though. (I'm also not that big of a fan of combi skills due to the long CD and small return you get from it. This doesn't apply to all skills of course, but most of them)

twelvi12

Rank 2
twelvi12
Joined
05 Jan 2014
Posts
401
Location
We eat reindeers Finland
PostedFeb 23, 2014 1:53 pm
Okay this is intersting info. But what i indeed wonder is why you use -dmg reduction sigils instead like get +dmg instead?

And another thing, ive been trying to watch so to say warbow videos from youtube and they are kinda hard to find because i dont speak taiwan. Razz But i noticed on this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiWAzDftXho this warbow uses hail of arrow even for single-target fights like boss fight, or am i missing something in these boss fights that require aoe. Or do you think that hail of arrow is actually strong as single-target spell too? Usually AoE skills have highest dps by skill tooltip.

And about getting SPD to 50%, is it really possible to get 50% SPD with revelation gear/titan with DMG cores? Okay i tested this myself on grenadier, i got it on like 40% SPD while wearing full aria set and SPD accesories, but the trick was that i used SPD cores instead bestial, so i hardly find way to get that 50% SPD. o.o

"This world is just... a crappy game."

sirken2

Rank 0
sirken2
Joined
14 Oct 2007
Posts
75
Location
Manassas VA United States
PostedFeb 23, 2014 2:56 pm
I was asking about the Secret stones being that of 6% crit dmg -2% dmg reduction

Also along with the 65 Gear what about the lower set http://www.portskandia.com/items/13332-Stingey-s-Thousand-Needle-Boots useing this set?



twelvi12 wrote:

And another thing, ive been trying to watch so to say warbow videos from youtube and they are kinda hard to find because i dont speak taiwan. Razz But i noticed on this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiWAzDftXho this warbow uses hail of arrow even for single-target fights like boss fight, or am i missing something in these boss fights that require aoe. Or do you think that hail of arrow is actually strong as single-target spell too? Usually AoE skills have highest dps by skill tooltip.

 


And to answer you question about Rain of arrows this is taken from the skill calc

Hold the skill’s hotkey to charge power and release to shoot the skill. Different additional effects will occur depending on the level of the power gauge: power gauge 50% increases the skill’s damage by 50%; power gauge 100% increases skill’s damage by 120% and decrease target’s damage by 15%, lasts 10 seconds.


So he is using it to keep the enemies dmg lowered to help the tank and the group. So by doing this he helps the group and does nice dmg in the process. Ranger are nice to have in a group for this reason their skills when charged give extra effects

csonka.mihaly

Rank 1
csonka.mihaly
Joined
19 Jan 2013
Posts
397
Location
Belgium
PostedFeb 23, 2014 3:23 pm   Last edited by csonka.mihaly on Feb 23, 2014 6:54 pm. Edited 3 times in total
twelvi12 wrote:
Okay this is intersting info. But what i indeed wonder is why you use -dmg reduction sigils instead like get +dmg instead?

And another thing, ive been trying to watch so to say warbow videos from youtube and they are kinda hard to find because i dont speak taiwan. Razz But i noticed on this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiWAzDftXho this warbow uses hail of arrow even for single-target fights like boss fight, or am i missing something in these boss fights that require aoe. Or do you think that hail of arrow is actually strong as single-target spell too? Usually AoE skills have highest dps by skill tooltip.

And about getting SPD to 50%, is it really possible to get 50% SPD with revelation gear/titan with DMG cores? Okay i tested this myself on grenadier, i got it on like 40% SPD while wearing full aria set and SPD accesories, but the trick was that i used SPD cores instead bestial, so i hardly find way to get that 50% SPD. o.o  

I use -dmg to increase survive ability. As ranged class, warbows are among the squishiest classes. A dead DPS can't do any dmg Very Happy

Abt the vid; yes, you are missing something Razz Here are 2 of the boss fights. As you can see, there are small mobs too (in the green circles you can see their red name). Why this player uses HoA on the last 2 bosses, that Idk. I've following theory atm though: HoA does 1 big hit, then a few smaller ones. I think he uses HoA because they all crit for him and this way it does more dmg than Triple Shot which he barely uses. This is only my thought, I don't have that many experience with warbow either.



40-45%SPD is enough because of the buffs you get while fighting (gs pt buff+food caps it easily =>my reason for gs sub). You'll get that amount of SPD from the SPD from Titan upper parts, your bow, maybe sub weapon (dual guns Cool ), etc. If necessary, you can switch the 2nd trophy (the Caroline or Talen) for a SPD trophy.
Also, you said you tested on grenadier. Cannons don't have any +SPD stats :3
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: