Kenjichu

Rank 3
Kenjichu
PostedFeb 20, 2014 11:28 pm   Last edited by Kenjichu on Feb 21, 2014 8:12 am. Edited 4 times in total

Katsuie's guide for the Kirito Creeds

PvE Duelist / Brawler. The CRITs are OP in this one.
I'll be making this Guide a bit short. Most things are explained from my other guide which you can find here by clicking this.

I swear Kotonoha is like 7'1
==============================
Introduction ;
Youkoso minasan!
Watashi wa Katsuie desu!

Most of you guys that has been following my other Guide, or used it as a guide to know where to start, I would like to foremost thank you for supporting me and whispering me in-game on how much it had helped you. I'm really happy to hear that and wish to continue sharing some of the knowledge of mines!
Today, we shall explore how I build a Duelist / Katar to its most efficient state.

Status & Equipments ;

It's not much change from my other Guide, but then again..
For Offensive Stats, I'm going full CRIT thus being a CRIT Duelist. This is necessary if you're gonna be reliant with your CRIT DMG. Brawler's Lotus Strike is quite powerful when high CRIT DMG, dealing chunks of damage.
For Defensive Stats, I'm going full DEF for the durability. Most Katar's give MAX HP +x%, so I wouldn't worry about it yet.

As of now, these stats will stay til I get myself Level 60 Titan's Head and Chest piece along with Revelation sash, gauntlets and boots.

Crafted level 60 Weapon, added with Deadly core (CRIT DMG +15%)
This is basically your end-game weapon in PvE. Crit-damage against bosses is a must have. Argue that 65 Yellows are better due to high DMG, but I'd still stick with these. Even though the yellows have higher DMG, the scaling of CRIT-DMG is still far superior. Though I'd have a yellow just for keepsake.
DMG vs CRIT DMG

Crafted level 60 oranges, added with Nocturnal core (3% Damage Dealt into HP)
I wouldn't call these End-game, though the CRIT DMG increase is pretty sweet, so using these in your adventure to find "Otherworldly Destroyers", which are your 65 Yellows end game weapon, can help alot. With the increase of Envoy's Bat fang and Core, you have in total of 6% Lifesteal, which is a good amount, especially if you have high CRIT DMG.
================================
Secret Stones

PRIORITIZE
Crit Damage +15%
C-DMG +6%

For me, I wouldn't invest in perfect secret stones yet.
Eg

Crit Damage +15%
C-DMG +6%
Damage Taken -2%

These kind of stones cost ALOT. I will invest into these kind of Secret stones after I finish Whirlpool. I NEED DAT EXTRA DAMAGE TO ICE ATTRIBUTES. 100% isn't enough! (For Whirlpool. Flame for Infernal)

================================

Envoy & Ultimate Skills

Refer to my other Guide.

Early in the game, I started off with a full of EXP equipments. So I started and finished the path of "Quick Study" to level up faster in the game. Simple. When I feel like its time to get rid of, "Quick Study", I'll reset my envoy path, disregarding how much I would need to pay, to invest into "Bob and Weave" which provides for EVA.  

If you were to reset, and replace Quick Study into Bob and Weave, you'd have one stat point left. You can put it for Loot Rate (for 60 mats collection), or just put it in Duelist Studies for the extra +5% CRIT DMG

General Skills ;
Cracking Slash - Continous DPS of "xxx" per tick, can stack 5 times
You'll always be in melee range, so having DoTs helping you along with your DPS is excellent.

Attack Spec ;
Zeal - 10% chance to cause extra 50% Damage while attacking
Extra damage! Such wow! Much hurt!

Advance Skills ;
Null Strike - Deal xxx per second, 10% damage converted into HP, can stack 3 times.
This gives Shadow Strikes +30% Continuous Damage and stackable. Making this skill a prioritized skill

Defense Specs ;
Courage - TOTAL 3% MAX HP increased, DMG received decreased by -2%
Like me some more HP and DEF!

Tactical Specs ;
Break Defense - Enemies DEF decreased by -10%
This plus Swift Strike equals great DEF reduction which makes you deal more damage! OMGERD.

Special Skills ;
The Best Defense - 2% TOTAL DMG added to DEF
Going full DEF? Lets put 2% of that into DMG
====================================
Eidolons ;

Refer to my other guide
Click this.

====================================
Conclusion ;
If you are gonna play Duelist / Katar, prepare to kite ALOT to dodge red carpets. You'll have a squishy early game, but it gets better quickly over time. You must have the "balls" to always be in front of everyone's faces. If you die, get your butt back up and keep throwing your blades at them. Remember to stack Cross Slash > Shadow Strike (This is stackable, but you have to be quick. For me, I have 1.8 seconds to use the skill again to stack) and Cracking Slash for the extra dots.. If you have made it through late / end game, you'll have the time of your life.. after you get level 60 armor recipes! Teehee.
Advertisement

Kenjichu

Rank 3
Kenjichu
PostedFeb 20, 2014 11:28 pm   Last edited by Kenjichu on Feb 20, 2014 11:32 pm. Edited 1 time in total
Useful information that I've collected from my other guide.

Zaahir weapons and reason of crafting 60 Katars

Zaahir's weapon main purpose is really just for Whirlpool, to make the dungeons a bit less tedious (Lv 60 abyss). Having Windslicers is a general weapon for PvE, and would greatly help for things like Sky tower, since they're all bosses.. heck, if you get real strong, you can forget about Zaahir's and use it towards Whirlpool, but 50% extra damage to Ice attributes is ALOT.

Atm, I'm using Windslicers over Zaahir with CRIT DMG +15% ; +9 as well. I forgot if mines was a 5 or 10k difference.. lollo

I've seen chats about secondary weapons not being able to lifesteal when the primary weapon already has nocturnal. I'm not sure if this is deemed true or not ; which is why I'm gonna craft a Demon Wing Katar next with Nocturnal core.

Secondary ;
I put more CRIT DMG towards my Windslicers, and is gonna put Nocturnal on my Katars, knowing that it'll proc and give me CRIT DMG +35% for 15(?) seconds. This will allow me up reach 270%+ crit dmg, and if along with a Wizard, 290%+ with snowflower ; constant caps.
I enjoy having a consistent high CRIT DMG rate.  

Opinions on Level 65 Yellows

There is other 65 Waist, gaunt and boots to consider as well.
Lets take a look.

Yimis, Maro and Jesper
Increases DMG, HP, DEF and EVA..
Gives the effects ; MAX HP +2 on each Equip.

Survive and Adapt Set
Max HP +2847
Suffering a critical hit will make you a Survivor, which causes subsequent critical hits to deal 100% less damage for 15 seconds

==================

Kalna, Stingey and Tania's
Increases DMG, CRIT, DEF.
Gives the effects ; CRIT +2% CRIT DMG +5%on each Equip.

Lethal Beast Set

CRIT +5%
Every critical hit has a 15% chance to trigger a Cruel Rush, which makes your following attack deal double damage if it is dealt within 15 seconds

==================

Dullas, Leon and Perihelion's
Increases DMG CRIT, DEF, EVA
Gives the effects ; CRIT DMG +10% on each Equip

Lion's Roar Set

CRIT DMG +25%
Every critical hit has a 15% chance to fill you with Enthusiasm, which increases your attack speed by 50% for 15 seconds

==================
Now let's talk.

There is a reason why I didn't mention the Head and Chest yellows. Its because I personally think the Titan Head and Chest is the best durability set you can have out there.

Titans set bonus;
Damage taken from bosses -15%
EVA +493
Damage taken -5%

To me, I have yet to see a boss crit as often, which is why I'd take this. I've died to Fink, Floor 4 Sky tower boss, from Aggro and his AoE and I don't remember it critting at all. Thus making this set more powerful than the 65 yellows.

Anyways back to the yellow.

Although the 55% Crit DMG you get from the Lion's Roar set is quite godly, I personally think the attack speed that you would receive is such a waste, knowing that you already have a high attack speed rate as a Duelist. Though this would be nice if you can effectively get 55% of CRIT DMG into exactly 300% CRIT DMG without wasting the loss of CRIT DMG.

Personally, I'd use the Lethal Beast set ; You get +6% CRIT and +15% CRIT DMG together with the set. Every Critical hit you land has a chance to trigger and deal DOUBLE Damage. This, procing with Zeal would outdamage Lion's roar 55% Crit DMG by alot. Mainly why I am going with a CRIT build.

To add on to that, since it can be a sore to the eyes..

Those sets can actually cap your DEF and EVA if you were to fortify it. These are pretty much your end game sets.

In TW, usually going FULL, top to bottom Titan set, will grant you an easy way to cap DEF.
Revelation for Hybrid based for DMG and DEF.
Devourer, grants EVA which means you can cap EVA easily while putting maybe a minimum of Lv 50 EVA points and then you can go all DEF or HP. (I've seen them go HP, since you know.. forts)  

Kenjichu

Rank 3
Kenjichu
PostedFeb 20, 2014 11:28 pm
Reserved

Nudist Beach or Die.

shadow1477

Rank 0
PostedFeb 21, 2014 5:29 am
Im still new to this stuff but I think you confused cracking slash with cross slash, never saw cracking slash stacking dots. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Kenjichu

Rank 3
Kenjichu
PostedFeb 21, 2014 8:11 am
shadow1477 wrote:
Im still new to this stuff but I think you confused cracking slash with cross slash, never saw cracking slash stacking dots. Correct me if I'm wrong.  

Oh. Oops.

No its not stackable but its a Dot you should upkeep.

Nudist Beach or Die.

KurysFlame

Rank 4
KurysFlame
PostedFeb 22, 2014 12:36 am
A guildy of mine playing duelist/brawler believed if he had full charges on inner strength he got the 20% damage reduction. Perhaps I misunderstood him, because I was pretty sure the 20% reduction from inner strength is for katar main class only.

Other than that... how does playing your duelist/katar compare to your duelist/sorcerer? Anything you love or miss?

"He gave me a severe look over his spectacles and said, as if he thought the words were deadly venom and might kill me, 'You are an untidy person.'" -Jim Butcher A Short Story

Kenjichu

Rank 3
Kenjichu
PostedFeb 22, 2014 5:05 pm
KurysFlame wrote:
A guildy of mine playing duelist/brawler believed if he had full charges on inner strength he got the 20% damage reduction. Perhaps I misunderstood him, because I was pretty sure the 20% reduction from inner strength is for katar main class only.

Other than that... how does playing your duelist/katar compare to your duelist/sorcerer? Anything you love or miss?  

Yup. Damage reduction is only for Main class.

Well, excluding the fact when I was a Duelist / Sorc and when I switched into a Katar, I lost a good amount of HP for one. LOL but now I'm back to 30k.

I love dodging red carpets, and constant stacks of DoTs and DPS. You should really feel how much damage you do if you were to look at the enemies health. I get two shotted in OW Party and one shotted @ Sky Tower, Fourth floor. But he does 31k damage to me, so using Purple lightning or getting the full Titan head and chest would let me survive a hit, probably.

There's too many things I love about this combination, I do miss Demon and blood seal but overall Duelist / Katar is how I like to play so I don't regret nothing.

Nudist Beach or Die.

Gulcasa766

Rank 0
Gulcasa766
PostedFeb 22, 2014 5:38 pm
What Katar are you using? I'm using full Aria set + 60 Crafted weapons and I have 32K HP without food/eidolon.

With a float + Bel I have 34.8K HP, though I'm using both HP Envoys and both DEF Envoys.

Kenjichu

Rank 3
Kenjichu
PostedFeb 22, 2014 5:49 pm
Same as you.
Windslicers / Demon wings

29k without Eidolon
30k with Level 1 Eidos
31k with Level 2 Bel.

Around the same with the float and I am too. Razz

Gulcasa766

Rank 0