lionstaring

EOS Founder
lionstaring
PostedFeb 19, 2014 12:48 pm   Last edited by lionstaring on Jun 03, 2014 10:21 am. Edited 57 times in total

[Wiz/Gun] Hotness tell you all about how he plays his wizard

June 03 Update: New gear choice at the top of the forum
This guide had been out for a very long time, and A LOT has changed for the game, and many things that I investigated more. Here are my suggestion of gears on the current content

As always, Titan set is the best defense gear. If you are not planning to high fortify your gears this is the set to go.

The best top set against boss in our current content right now. If you like to deal more damage against boss this is the set to go. This set also adds a lot of critical rate.

Good choice for all you speed wizard out there. All the extra speed you get from this set you can put them into crit or damage. But keep in mind, Devourer top will always do more damage to boss still. Even with the 1076 x 10 damage proc

My favorite bottom set in this game. It adds nice critical chance and offers a zeal effect. Only take this set into account if you can reach near cap or cap CRIT DMG with no problem.

Arguably the best bottom set for range class (beside ranger). It offers high CRIT DMG, and very fast normal attack speed proc. You loose more crit chance, but you get about 3k more HP.

P.S. I found out that if you are using eidolon that adds 25% normal attack speed (Bel-Chandra, Yanaros, Zaahir), your normal attack will auto attack almost just as much as lion roar's set. If you are planning to use those eidolons, and have no problem with HP, then I would suggest lethal.

P.P.S. (lol) I have no mathematical calculation to any of these claims. This is simply how I feel about it, and research on the Taiwan forum. Please don't argue with me for which one is "the best", because honestly I have no clue. I just pick whichever that fits my play style more.

Notice: Please understand that this is more of a post to share my gaming experience with you guys. I will try my best to help you with any question you have regarding gears and built. By no means am I trying to say that I am the best of the best, nor saying that +20 gears are necessary. I just so happen to have them.

Please check out this video! It gives you an idea on how I run dungeons. Even though this is just me soloing party mode, I move about the same while in party with other people. Thanks!

Otherworld: Alabastren Temple Party Mode Solo
Part 1
Part 2

Otherworld: Gydaie Glen Party Mode Solo
Under 7 minutes

Otherworld: Gydaie Glen Party and Miner Steppe Party Mode with Party
Fast Otherworld Run

Guide

Hello guys! It's Jordan again! You guys might wonder whatever happened to my wizard/sorcerer? Well I decided to reroll as a wizard/gunslinger! (Mostly because I don't want to play a female character anymore, since I am in fact, a guy) But nevertheless, I am here to bring you another guide about my experience so far with wizard/gunslinger.

One thing you have to understand about wizards, or ranged classes, in this game in general is that they are rather squishy. DO NOT ever just stand still killing monster. Run around and make sure the monster do not hit you.

If I made any mistakes, please do not hesitate to correct me. Any kinds of suggestions are welcomes as well.

Also please do not refrain yourself from asking any question you have regarding wizard/gunslinger, or just wizard class in general. Shoot a comment here or message me in game, I would be more than gladly to help!

If you have any questions, feel free to message me in game!
Server: Chimera
IGN: Hotness

And without further adieu, please enjoy my guide!

P.S. If you find the image too small, all you have to do is right click the image and select "open image in new tab".

Things to consider before making Wizard as your main class:

PVE

Wizards are EXTREMELY squishy. When you run any dungeons corresponds to your level (party or Hard mode), most likely you will experience dying in in a couple of hits, regardless if you have a bard or not! (Unless you have all +20, That can make any class un-squishy)

What you need to do as wizards is to kite around the monsters, avoiding getting hit. The best thing about being a wizard is its ranged skills. With aura kingdom's mechanics that enable players to jump+cast skills, combining with Nocturnal weapons (will be mentioned later), it makes ranged dps class such as wizard much easier to survive in dungeons than other classes.

PVP

Since wizards aren't the tankiest class, in PVP it has the role of a glass cannon. You really need to make sure you are always the one to stun first, and always make sure you avoid being inside of a heated battle. The best thing about wizard is that 1 cast of meteor that instantly kill all 3-4 enemies that is trying to kill your teammates. It might seem like kill steal, but it cannot be helped.

Wizard Subclasses:

There are 3 most popular subclasses wizard usually go for, and I will now share with you what I think about each subclass

Sorcerer:
This is the most used subclass for CRIT or DMG build. The reason is because if you are a SPD wizard, most likely your main class skills will have lower cool down. Having more attacking skills is rather pointless. With sorcerer's DoT skills, it makes DMG and CRIT wizards do even more DPS. (not to mention that pesky nightmare totem)

Bard:
This is the "self-help" wizard. Combining bard's several incredible heal skills, wizard/bard is a very good PVE soloing build. But because of the lack of gunslinger's SPD buff, it requires a significant amount of equipment be able to do bring up SPD and not slack off on dps.

Gunslinger:
Gunslinger is quiet an interesting choice for wizard as subclass. The bad thing about this is that there are no heal skills like bard, or DoT skill that can help damage like sorcerer. But if you have gunslinger as your subclass, you are most likely a SPD wizard anyways. What that means it that you essentially only have 1 attack skill: Meteor. Spamming that 1.8s meteor is pretty much what SPD wizard is for. But of course this class comes with another OP skill, or two in fact: Traps. I will talk about why traps are absolutely stunning in the skill section. Because of gunslinger buff skill, wiz/gun is able to focus more on DPS gears because wiz/gun does not require its equip to add more SPD.

I sacrificed some gears for more crowd control/survivability. I still use my Aria set because it really doesn't matter that much. I've tried with Requiem I still pretty much die nevertheless when targeted.

Stat Distributions:

Since I am a SPD wizard now, I will only talk about the stat distribution of SPD wizard.
For CRIT wizard, please refer to my other guide: http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=2171307
(Though it isn't exactly up to date anymore)

(Without Eidolon, food, or party buff)

Offensive Stats:

SPD: as a SPD wizard, your primary stat is of course SPD. Combine with gunslinger's speed buff and food, as long as your reach 50% SPD you're good. There's no need to add more than necessary.

CRIT/DMG: once you are able to cap SPD with all your buffs, start adding them into either CRIT or DMG depending on your gears. I add into DMG because I already reach 45% CRIT (60% CRIT with meteor mastery), so more CRIT is not necessary in my opinion.

Defensive Stats:

DEF: The reason I put DEF first is because this is probably the most important stats of the game. more DEF gives you more chances to survive. Especially for a class like wizard. I would recommend not just wizard class but all class (unless you are going only PVP or you are class such as duelist or maybe guardian, then look to the EVA section), because more of this stat make you less likely to die in any situation. But you really should avoid being hit, that's the most important. The cap for DEF is 75%, so there is no point of adding more than that if you hit that point.

HP: In my opinion, this is the secondary defensive stats in the game. You can try to balance out with your DEF if you like. I've tried both full DEF or hybrid. It makes no difference to me.

EVA: This is the ultimate PVP stats. It's not that it has no uses in PVE, it's just that usually having higher DEF and HP will give you more chances to survive. The cap for this stats is 95%. So there is a 5% chance for you to get hit. But at the same time, when you do get hit, you will most likely get OHKO. But if for some reason you have the ability to excel in DEF and HP stats, by all means 95% EVA will make you so godly Surprised

Skill Distributions:

Envoy

Full DPS build. There is no need to add into combo skill since there are no combo skill with gunsliner. Make sure at the bottom right corner of CRIT envoy you add the bottom line first. Those envoys actually adds more CRIT than the ones above.

The two proc of activating more damage is really quiet nice, so I've decided to put points into both of them. I really like run speed as well, and move speed is crucial to my game play. Thus points are added to get that.

The fire/thunder skill is pretty good too. After some testing, it is about 30% extra damage it seems.

Masteries

Precision Bombardment
I use this to decrease the DEF of boss monsters. Other than that, there's not much other use for this.

Zeal
This is a nice mastery skill especially for SPD wizard. The fact that with every 10 hit you get essentially one extra hit pairs up quiet nicely with the amount of spam SPD wizard do.

Molten Meteor
Not much to say here. If you want your meteor to do more CRIT, this is the skill to go. 90% of the time you will be using meteor anyways.

Iron Wall
Defensive mastery. Use this one.

Break Defense
I put this in because this is the one I use the most. But really when you are in a party situation, use others accordingly. It is better that everyone has different kinds of debuff (i.e. -DMG, -SPD, etc), rather than having everyone break defense.

The Best Defensve
convert 2% DMG into DEF, get it.

Optional PVP Mastery:

Firebomb
Makes your fireball able to stun people. Beware of this skill though, because of stun cool down (after your enemy is stunned, he or she can only be stunned again in a certain amount of time), you have to make sure you are not interfering with your Instant Thunder skill.

Expose Weakness
This is da godly skill that kills off bard and tanks. Though not 100% of the time, it makes it so much easier to kill them. In conjunction with gunslinger's Dark trap, your enemy will receive 95% less heal.

Gears:

As always, I will layout all my gears. Still don't understand why people need to hide their gears.

Weapons:

P.S. One trick on getting blue fortification scroll is to keep remaking alternate character. You get around 6-7 blue scroll each character if you complete up to the lv53 instances. Those scroll are able to be fortified up to +20 if you choose to.

Main Weapon

lv60 orange is the best option right now. Other than that, lv60 yellow, lv50 orange, lv50 yellow can all be a satisfying option.

If you are going to craft your own weapon, use Nocturnal (life steal) or Deadly (15% CRIT DMG) cores.

And if you are a SPD wizard like me, who spams meteor, make sure always have your weapon as fire element. Because your weapon element will add 20% damage to your skill who has the corresponding element. Such that this fire staff will add 20% into fireball and meteor skill.

One good thing about having Nocturnal main weapon is that you can fortify it, and always hold it, while exchange your sub weapon according to the situation you are in.

Why the weapon?
The "chance to deal bonus damage" on weapons is 80% the damage you have dealt.

Over here you can see that I originally dealt 58680 damage.
- <Soul Piercing Pistol> - my sub-weapon >> (29340+17604)/58680 = exactly 0.8 or 80%
- <Staff of the Stars> - my main-weapon >> (23472+14670+8801)/58680 = 0.799..., close to 80%

So now you can see, I have a chance of activating either of the weapon's effect, or even both at the same time.

What's even better about this weapon is that, all damage you do will have a 8% chance of activating. Meaning those weird normal attack that is in between your skills? Those will deal 1.8x damage as well! And if you're lucky enough, all these bonus damage can be dealt simultaneously. With Aura Kingdom's weird probability chance, seems to be working like 100% of the time lol! (I'm just exaggerating, but it really is pretty high DSmile

With meteor spamming, this is rather significant!

P.S. If you want me to compare to the other lv60 orange weapon, honestly, I have no clue. Everything is really on paper and no one has the same set of gears. It really just depend on you. For me I actually read a whole bunch of Taiwan Aura Kingdom forum guides that all agree that Staff of the Star is better. Proof on the actual game play? I don't have one. But I do know I don't want to be holding a flower all the time XD

Subclass Weapon

These are what I currently have for my subclass weapon. Since my main weapon is nocturnal, I can switch these anytime I want.

Deadly: Any normal situation, mostly during boss.
Shocking: Anything that is not boss in dungeons. I use this in conjunction with instant thunder and ice storm. I am able to keep my teammates a live rather easily. Monsters are almost always stunned 70% of the time.
Zaahir: Mainly for Whirlpool Abyss and Otherworld Helonia. The 50% more dmg on ice monsters can be quiet significant.
Flame: For monsters in Inferno Abyss until I can get my hands on the Whirlpool version. Right not it is still too hard to get it D:

Armors:
Sacrificing a bit of my damage for a Titan Set has proven rather useful. I no long die to one hit from the bosses in Otherworld dungeons, which gives me just enough time to heal up immediately.

Why did I went for double damage set instead of 55% CRIT DMG set? Because I am ranged class. And since I am ranged, the extra HP that the other set offers isn't that important. After all, I use my Titan set to make up for that lost. Combo with my other % chance to hit xx dmg gear, I can deal significant amount of damage in PVE and PVP.

(if you cannot see the image clearly, right click and select "open image to new tab". Then once in new tab, click the image again to enlarge the picture)

Though not necessary, one of each element armor is very useful. You get 25% reduction from an attack of the same element.

P.S. Remember to prepare a no element armor (Violent prefix), so you don't take unnecessary damage from other players.

Accessories:

This is not only the cheapest accessories available, it is the BEST accessories available for SPD wizard. Your fireball and meteor increase 24% in damage...24%! It's much cheaper than the whatever 24% CRIT DMG set, and it's beneficial all rounded to your most used skills. Not only that, these accessories adds HP and DEF, which is a nice addition to your stats.

Trophies:

There are quiet a hand full of trophies that we can use now with the new content release. I've picked the ones that I believe to be the best in my opinion.

This is my general PVE and PVP set while fighting monster that aren't boss. I really like the "chance" system in this game, and I really do think it really makes a large difference in my damage dealing. Caroline's Intent gives added damage and survivability from life steal.

Costumes:

You might think that costume is not all that necessary in this game. Well think again.
Combining with the boss card you get from bosses, it makes it rather significant to have them.

I use 2 forms of costume hats. One for boss and one for elite monsters. I switch them around depending on the monsters I am dealing with. The green enchantment cards will do the same if you cannot afford the flashing card.

This isn't really all that necessary. Only if you have the extra money to spend on, or you got lucky with world boss/paragon table.

Other options are: Talamund card (+3 meteor); Maladnok ARMOR card (+25% Elite CRIT DMG); and Lestaro card (+12% boss CRIT DMG)

Whenever there's a situation where I cannot use my bel-chandra, I will switch to the costume with Lestaro card. That way I can cap CRIT DMG while attacking boss.

When it's time limited instances such as Inferno Abyss and Whirlpool Abyss, I will switch between costumes depending if I'm attacking elites or boss.

Last but not least my back costume. The custom costume is of course not necessary. But the Mental Focus card is quiet important. One trick also is to switch on and off blue accessories that adds level to the buff. Since you only have to buff every 30 minutes (most of the time), it makes is quiet useful, and you can focus on other stats.

My Quick Keys:

My PVP Gears:

I use a different set of trophy for PVP, here are the details.
Acient Fang of Fire Dragon is very good since I only use meteor most of the time, you can use Toto's water blade if you don't have the fire fang. Green malodnak claw is also used for the awesome bonus damage.

PVP gun is also used. The purple is better than fell core weapon in any way, as it adds 10% acc, and 5% more @ +9. Not to mention all the other player damage bonuses.

This is my PVP costumes. I switch to these bad boys whenever I have to go PVP. It's up for debate that if these are necessary. Combine with Sigrun's star buff, I get -81% receive CRIT DMG from players. That usually gives me just enough time to kill off people attacking me before they kill me.

This is how I layout my quick skills for easy access to my skills and gears.

This is my gears around lv50s due to popular demand:

- Full Aria Set with all Bestial Core (1%HP, 1%DMG)
- Argus Heart with Bestial Core
- Toto's Water Blade
- lv50 Orange Staff (Nocturnal)
- lv50 Orange Gun (Deadly)
- Comet Set Accessories

Secret Stones:

First of all, don't get the secret stones that adds SPD. Those are normal attack speed, and not the speed you are looking for. I still focus general on % CRIT DMG, as that will boost my damage significantly. But after reading lots of forum posts from Taiwan, many said that balancing out with % DMG stones could be helpful as well. I'm not sure how true this is, but I did it anyways.
For more informations about secret stones, please refer to this:http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=2143069
Advertisement

lionstaring

EOS Founder
lionstaring
PostedFeb 19, 2014 3:54 pm   Last edited by lionstaring on Apr 11, 2014 12:18 am. Edited 10 times in total
Food Buffs

These are the food I eat depending on my situations as well. Depending on how I'm feeling, I will also use different color versions of the same food.

Stardust Float: I drink this drink in most PVE situations. The defense and HP bonuses are rather nice.
Fried Milk Balls: Also my PVE food. In situations like lament or other hard dungeons, the -dmg taken can come in real handy.
Surf'n Turf: my PVP food. Other than damage, it also has a very nice proc. Orange version of this food can get up to 10% chance of double DMG, or yellow version which is 10% of triple DMG.
Royal Jelly Tea: I ran out of the green version so this is the only version I can take a picture of lol. But it's the drink version of the other proc foods. Nothing to be said, it's for my PVP situations.

P.S. Remember you can eat 2 different kinds of food at the same time, 1 drink and 1 food.

Skills

I think everyone has their own way of using their skills. This is specifically my way of using the skills.

Wizard Skills

Fire Ball
One of the skills that pairs up nicely with my fire weapon. With it's low cool down it makes it easy to spam. Mostly used when I run dungeons where I don't fully buff (So I don't have 50% SPD and cannot spam meteor).

Icy Curse
Very very VERY good skill for kiting. I use this skill in between my attacks to make sure that monsters, specifically bosses, don't catch up to me.

Ice Storm
This skill pairs up quiet nicely with meteor. Especially when you want to save yourself from a horde of monsters, spam this skill with meteor.

Rejuvenating Prayer
The only heal skill that wizard has, with a twist. Adding 25% dmg into fire, ice, storm, and lightning. I buff it once in a while even if I don't need the HP to buff up my dps.

Storm Curse
Secondary strongest skill wizard posses. I only spam it with meteor and fireball when I don't have 50% SPD

Meteor Shot
SPAM TO THE MAX!

Instant Thunder
In PVE situation, it is a very good skill to stun the monsters so that you can quickly cast other skills to kill them off. Since normal monsters do not have stun cool down, it makes it rather nice to cast over and over again.
In PVP situations, I use it for trapping my enemies. After trapping I would instantly run away and kite forever XD.

Energy Conflux
I don't use this as much as gun buff, simply because I need the SPD.

Gunslinger Skills (I will only list the ones I use, since I do not use most gunsliner skills)

Bombardment
Used for -DEF % from mastery. Other than that not much other use.

Ice Trap
One of the two OP trap skill gunslinger possess. Once your enemy is trapped, anyone (including your party members it seems, not yet confirmed) can do near 100% CRIT RATE on the enemy. Not to mention immobilizing the enemy as well. It also does DoT damage.

Dark Trap
The other OP trap skill. It does DoT damage like Ice Trap (though a bit more). The most notable effect is its ability to make enemy receive 75% less heal. One important thing about this trap though: enemy can simply move out of the area of the trap, and trap will no longer take effect. Pairs up nicely with instant thunder's stun.

Mental Focus
Use this for maximum SPD!!!!!!!

Eidolon

PVE Party

Bel-Chandra or Uzuriel

These 2 buff your and your party member's CRIT and CRIT DMG significantly, makes it the perfect eidolon. Their buff stacks as well. So if one of your party member have either of the eidolon, choose the other one for maximize dps. Not to mention their star buffs are quiet nice.

Bel-Chandra:
1 star: 25% normal attack speed
2 star: 5% crit rate

Uzerial:
1 star: 15% storm damage (whut)
2 star: 20% CRIT DMG

I use Bel-Chandra most of the time because I can cap CRIT DMG in most instances, so there is no need for me to go for Uzerial star buff. Plus the 5% crit rate is very good.

Aelius

Aelius is also a very good option, since he can heal and cure you. Not to mention he is a ranged attacker, so he is less likely to die.

Yes, Kotonoha is also a good option, but I don't like her, so not planning to get her any time soon. (Been throwing away her key fragment every time I get one)

pepz12

Rank 0
PostedFeb 19, 2014 4:59 pm
Whoa!! Another Wiz/Gun guide. Haven't read it but it's just probably the same as the other Win/Gun guides so I'll just watch for the comments.

Anyway... why is everybody posting their video soloing party/Hard dungeons?

First!!

lionstaring

EOS Founder
lionstaring
PostedFeb 19, 2014 5:02 pm
pepz12 wrote:
Whoa!! Another Wiz/Gun guide. Haven't read it but it's just probably the same as the other Win/Gun guides so I'll just watch for the comments.

Anyway... why is everybody posting their video soloing party/Hard dungeons?

First!!  

I guess that's what wizard is all about. In party situations it really isnt all that different. Just spam spam spam skill. Soloing Party/Hard mode is where it's at lol

Oh and, I'm pretty sure mine is more in depth. People need to start posting their gears so readers can get a hold of the bigger picture

babycotton

Rank 0
PostedFeb 19, 2014 9:14 pm
Why not use a speed gun. Wouldn't that help you cap the speed easier?

vi3tblood

Rank 0
PostedFeb 19, 2014 9:20 pm
First of all, I recommend crafting the lvl 60 gun with speed. (Can learn from Analise for 120g) With the speed proc you'll be able to cap speed right away and the gun procs up most of the duration of the fight against bosses. I believe I heard somewhere that 2 of the same rarity equips with life steal doesn't stack ie 2 lvl 60 orange crafted gear for lifesteal. Correct me if I'm wrong though. Also heard that the Malodnak's Claws only proc from auto attacks not spells. So that might not be worth it if that is the case since wiz/gs will have no time to auto attack due to our continuous skill spamming. Another thing, GS skills are very strong so I recommend using that in your skill rotation.

Base with Mental Focus

Mental Focus + Gun Proc

Staff

Gun

For Me:
With 58,406 Staff Damage
Fireball- 75,010 Damage
Icy Curse- 67,510 Damage
Ice Storm- 63,775
Storm Curse- 90,010
Meteor Shot- 110,116 (5115 from SS)

With 43,033 Gun Damage
Aim Shot- 79,411 Damage (919 from SS)
Bombardment- 90,120 Damage

For Mass Mobs I would rotate between Meteor Shot, Storm Curse, and Icy Curse for their AoE damage = Instant full HP
For Single Target High HP bosses such I would rotate between 4 skills.
Meteor Shot, Storm Curse, Aim Shot, and Bombardment.

As you can see even with low % on the gun, Aim Shot and Bombardment still do a big amount of damage. Aim Shot also has a faster animation then Icy Curse and is only 5% less slow.

P.S. I'm still using 50 trophies. Waiting for the 60 trophies to drop. Aria set only +5
P.S.S. Kotonoha is very good when fighting bosses in a party. -10% damage is very helpful especially in Otherworld Dungeons (not solo)
P.S.S.S. Too lazy to change pic. Changed 1 mastery Now have 42.82% def

lionstaring

EOS Founder
lionstaring
PostedFeb 19, 2014 9:44 pm   Last edited by lionstaring on Feb 19, 2014 9:59 pm. Edited 1 time in total
vi3tblood wrote:
First of all, I recommend crafting the lvl 60 gun with speed. (Can learn from Analise for 120g) With the speed proc you'll be able to cap speed right away and the gun procs up most of the duration of the fight against bosses. I believe I heard somewhere that 2 of the same rarity equips with life steal doesn't stack ie 2 lvl 60 orange crafted gear for lifesteal. Correct me if I'm wrong though. Also heard that the Malodnak's Claws only proc from auto attacks not spells. So that might not be worth it if that is the case since wiz/gs will have no time to auto attack due to our continuous skill spamming. Another thing, GS skills are very strong so I recommend using that in your skill rotation.

Base with Mental Focus

Mental Focus + Gun Proc

Staff

Gun

For Me:
With 58,406 Staff Damage
Fireball- 75,010 Damage
Icy Curse- 67,510 Damage
Ice Storm- 63,775
Storm Curse- 90,010
Meteor Shot- 110,116 (5115 from SS)

With 43,033 Gun Damage
Aim Shot- 79,411 Damage (919 from SS)
Bombardment- 90,120 Damage

For Mass Mobs I would rotate between Meteor Shot, Storm Curse, and Icy Curse for their AoE damage = Instant full HP
For Single Target High HP bosses such I would rotate between 4 skills.
Meteor Shot, Storm Curse, Aim Shot, and Bombardment.

As you can see even with low % on the gun, Aim Shot and Bombardment still do a big amount of damage. Aim Shot also has a faster animation then Icy Curse and is only 5% less slow.

P.S. I'm still using 50 trophies. Waiting for the 60 trophies to drop. Aria set only +5
P.S.S. Kotonoha is very good when fighting bosses in a party. -10% damage is very helpful especially in Otherworld Dungeons (not solo)
P.S.S.S. Too lazy to change pic. Changed 1 mastery Now have 42.82% def  

Of course using lv60 gun is much nicer. But the fact that a lv60 Nocturnal core is so rare I have yet to seen one anywhere. I have not crafted one either.

But so far I would prefer the other lv60 orange gun tho. I would much rather not rely on chance of SPD buff. And the extra damage on the other gun would be nicer

I don't seem to have any space for gun skill for my skill rotation though...I usually meteor > storm curse > then repeat. (ice storm when crowd control is needed)

Without buff I do the same but with fireball when 1v1, and with ice storm mobbing.

Auto attack is actually in every single spam of our skill. When you spam skill, you can see you auto attacking by yourself in between the skills. I'm not sure how good or bad this is, but base off of what I've read from Taiwanese forum, this is the way to go.

I was the one who said the whole thing about nocturnal core orange etc..
Not sure how to prove it except telling you to try it yourself. Put both orange nocturnal on and check your defensive detail in your stat window. You will see only 3% life steal shows on the window.

I will post a zaahir solo later so you can see how my play style is exactly

vi3tblood

Rank 0
PostedFeb 19, 2014 9:55 pm
When using just meteor and storm curse, there is a sec or less that you have to wait for the meteor to come off cd. With max spd, yes you can just spam meteor and storm curse all day. I prefer not to use fireball / icy curse due to the longer cast time and animations. Just test it for yourself. When using Aim Shot and Bombardment your toon will also jump to shoot thus making kiting very much easier. Alternate this with meteor = Always moving and casting in air. After doing many trial runs in Infernal Abyss, I found this combo the best way to go since the higher floors = OHKO if you don't dodge Zaahir's meteor.

lionstaring

EOS Founder
lionstaring
PostedFeb 19, 2014 10:08 pm
vi3tblood wrote:
When using just meteor and storm curse, there is a sec or less that you have to wait for the meteor to come off cd. With max spd, yes you can just spam meteor and storm curse all day. I prefer not to use fireball / icy curse due to the longer cast time and animations. Just test it for yourself. When using Aim Shot and Bombardment your toon will also jump to shoot thus making kiting very much easier. Alternate this with meteor = Always moving and casting in air. After doing many trial runs in Infernal Abyss, I found this combo the best way to go since the higher floors = OHKO if you don't dodge Zaahir's meteor.  

I have yet to die to zaahir so I'm not so worried about that. I don't use fire ball if I already have 50% SPD. I just spam meteor + storm curse that's all.

I'll try out the gun skill while unbuffed. But with the weapon I currently have it isn't really ideal.
Jump + casting will do the job really. I can cast any wizard skill while constantly on the move

vi3tblood

Rank 0
PostedFeb 19, 2014 10:25 pm
Jump casting requires 3 buttons. Jump + skill + movement key
GS skill is basically a jump which allows 1 more skill to be used. skill + skill + movement key

+im posting this to also help any other people who wishes to follow the wiz/gs path as this is easier to do. =)