yeknom99

Rank 0
yeknom99
PostedFeb 17, 2014 10:31 pm   Last edited by yeknom99 on Feb 18, 2014 9:08 pm. Edited 13 times in total

Bard Guard Build :) - Developing!

*NOTE* I will be updating this as I journey down the road to guard sub so yes it is lacking info right now but will be updated as I develop!!!(currently testing!)

Hi I am yeknom!

I reside in the hydra server and I am a fellow bard that is ready to rock and roll ballad! XD

I am developing this build to clear up misconceptions about our lovely class. Most seem to stick to the two mainstream subclasses! But I'm here to tell you you can have a funtastic time playing other as well!!! Smile

Why am I going Bard/Guard?
Using heal and guard skills to generate malice this class is essentially a walking tank. In the event your tank were to lose aggro you could easily grab it before the boss goes after and destroys your dps. Playing tanky support is also interesting because with this combo once you develop your playstyle and have a good party make-up you can possibly drop the tank and grab another dps!

Stat build
The best option in a party is to debuff the mobs and the boss but I do not want to sit there and become a heal bot with no purpose but to ballad stack. That for me is the wrong way to play (personal preference). I prefer my role to be more exciting.

How can we achieve this? that it is easy, I had thought by stacking damage. No, you did not read this wrong but do not stack damage until after you cap speed. Our heals are already high by default from all the heal % and speed is an easy stat to obtain. So you will eventually obtain damage as well.

Defensive stats are easy! Do you want to get hit? If you answered no then you would be wise to put your points into evasion to reach 95 %! This will allow you to tank and not get hit! Rest in defense This will result in the best stat combination especially for PVP!

I want anyone who reads and follows this to prosper!

Eidolons
Beginner- Grimm
Later on you will get additional eidolons tho so this really is not that big of a decision. I just prefer Grimm at first as it is more dps and I am more heals!

Lvl 25+ Sigrun
When you reach lvl 25 you will receive a much better eidolon name Sigrun. He will be a great help to you as you level and while obtaining the more elite eidolons! In my opinion he is much more useful to you than Gigas will be.

Further Suggestions
Aelius, Quelkulan, Kotonoha

Secret Stones
Focus on obtaining 3% heal stones!

Costumes
The basics
-Head Heal 2%
-HP (unless you need a slight boost in EVA to hit 95%)
Custom costumes are ideal!

Gear set-up
Gear is easy, get the murpheo’s trophies, get sigils with heal % and full evasion gear.

Envoy Path
Coming soon!!!

Thank you will continue to update!
Advertisement

kmndi

Rank 0
PostedFeb 18, 2014 3:17 pm
i think evade works so long as you are able to tank the first hit and survive. as a bard/wiz, that is the one factor that is stopping me from doing my final otherworld:Hard dungeons and you being a bard/guard, perhaps the free tanky stats from guard will help. with that, i think evade bard/guard is actually a viable idea, keep us updated on your adventure~ Smile good luck

yeknom99

Rank 0
yeknom99
PostedFeb 18, 2014 3:27 pm
kmndi wrote:
i think evade works so long as you are able to tank the first hit and survive. as a bard/wiz, that is the one factor that is stopping me from doing my final otherworld:Hard dungeons and you being a bard/guard, perhaps the free tanky stats from guard will help. with that, i think evade bard/guard is actually a viable idea, keep us updated on your adventure~ Smile good luck  

Thanks! I certainly will keep this updated as I level! Thanks for your kind words! Smile

Going bard You can go far Subing Guard Makes you a star <3*... xxoo*..

artixpoint123

Rank 0
artixpoint123
PostedFeb 18, 2014 3:33 pm
How viable is bard/guard? I've partied with a lot of Guardian subclasses and they've never been able to effectively keep aggro, but with a bard's tankiness, it seems possible.
Are you able to both keep your party healed and keep aggro?

yeknom99

Rank 0
yeknom99
PostedFeb 18, 2014 3:38 pm
artixpoint123 wrote:
How viable is bard/guard? I've partied with a lot of Guardian subclasses and they've never been able to effectively keep aggro, but with a bard's tankiness, it seems possible.

Right now I have only been completing dungeons with friends who are well versed in their class and are aware of the game mechanics. I do not see many issues so far, however I am yet to complete pick up parties! That may be more challenging but I am looking forward to the experience Smile

This build will either prevail or fail! I will keep it posted! Smile

acemaloof

Rank 2
acemaloof
PostedFeb 18, 2014 4:30 pm
artixpoint123 wrote:

you wont get picked up by anyone who is going to play seriously, and with how weak guard is right now in terms of holding agro then this is only viable as a fun run class. Until guard receives its rework and the agro system is updated I wouldn't play this unless you have a guild who is willing to take you on runs of end game content.

yeknom99

Rank 0
yeknom99
PostedFeb 18, 2014 4:34 pm
acemaloof wrote:
artixpoint123 wrote:

you wont get picked up by anyone who is going to play seriously, and with how weak guard is right now in terms of holding agro then this is only viable as a fun run class. Until guard receives its rework and the agro system is updated I wouldn't play this unless you have a guild who is willing to take you on runs of end game content.  

In your opinion. Not in my experience.

acemaloof

Rank 2
acemaloof
PostedFeb 18, 2014 4:36 pm
yeknom99 wrote:

No this is just a fact. In any serious dungeon party the dps will have over 70k damage each, currently with the way the games parameters are set tanks are having trouble keeping agro. There will be a rework on the system soon then this build will be more viable. If you do not plan on doing Hard mode otherworlds then bard/guard is fine to play. But if you want to do serious endgame content then you will need to go with the standard 2 until a patch comes out for guard.

yeknom99

Rank 0
yeknom99
PostedFeb 18, 2014 4:47 pm
acemaloof wrote:
yeknom99 wrote:

No this is just a fact. In any serious dungeon party the dps will have over 70k damage each, currently with the way the games parameters are set tanks are having trouble keeping agro. There will be a rework on the system soon then this build will be more viable. If you do not plan on doing Hard mode otherworlds then bard/guard is fine to play. But if you want to do serious endgame content then you will need to go with the standard 2 until a patch comes out for guard.  

I am choosing to explore other options and having a good time.

If you cared to read and were not just be determined to continue your comment rampage from last night you would realize this says i'm developing a build.

Also, If you cared to read my comments I have written myself that this build will either prevail or fail.

When you come in my thread could you check your ego at the door and actually read.

acemaloof

Rank 2
acemaloof
PostedFeb 18, 2014 4:55 pm
yeknom99 wrote:

I am choosing to explore other options and having a good time.

If you cared to read and were not just be determined to continue your comment rampage from last night you would realize this says i'm developing a build.

Also, If you cared to read my comments I have written myself that this build will either prevail or fail.

When you come in my thread could you check your ego at the door and actually read.  

I did actually read, and I noticed you said all this, but you also failed to mention that currently in late game this build is not viable. Which is why I mentioned it, and I am not continuing a comment rampage. You left out the part about me so I am happy. This is just me commenting on your build not you right now. As such, take out all the cute little pictures and add some actual stat pictures so you can start to get this looking like a real guide and not a joke.