AikuroNB

Rank 0
AikuroNB
PostedFeb 16, 2014 9:13 pm

65 Yellow Armor Set

need suggestions
So I'm on the fence whether to pick the CRIT DMG set or the CRIT set. On one hand, I'm looking at the CRIT DMG set mainly for its HP bonus but the CRIT set's proc appeals to me more, not to mention more CRIT, but I fear that future performance may be difficult due to the lack of HP.

I'm using a full HP build with around 38k base, ditched the Comet Set atm in favor for 3 8% CRIT DMG accs. I'm asking whether it's okay to get away with just continuing the full HP build with the CRIT set or is HP really that needed.
Advertisement

yukimichi93

Rank 0
yukimichi93
PostedFeb 18, 2014 9:31 pm
Personally i think that 65 armors are your end game gear, so you would be fortifying it to quite a high lvl, which means your def would be at around 60-75% after you are done with the fortification, allowing you to pour all your points into HP, or spread it out to 90% eva and then the rest into HP, i would mix and match. And as GS we are basically DPS, so Personally i'm going to get the crit% set, the one that gives chance of double dmg, crit dmg% bonus isnt really necessary at end game since as GS we should have alot of crit dmg already, and with eido buffs and wiz buffs we easily hit cap for crit dmg%. So double dmg and bonus dmg gear is more valuable to us as DPS. Just my 2 cents

AikuroNB

Rank 0
AikuroNB
PostedFeb 18, 2014 10:31 pm
The thing is though, being on a tight budget, I can't get the high % ones. No budget either to get beyond +9. I'm not sure whether the double damage proc stacks with Discerning Attack as well (can anyone confirm?), while for the CRIT DMG set, I can be more flexible with SS' instead of relying on 7x Destorying. So is it still worth going for the CRIT set while on a tight budget? Just for the sake of the stats and proc.

Say, having a base of 130% CRIT DMG, plus the 55% of the CRIT DMG set, 30% from envoy, 15% from 2 Rev armor and helm vs bosses, 20% from wiz, 10% from Comet, 20% from Bel/Uzu (or instead replace the Comet set with lvl 55 CRIT DMG accessories + 1 Destorying SS for 300%). No food. That was the idea as that'd let me focus on having +DMG% instead.

yukimichi93

Rank 0
yukimichi93
PostedFeb 18, 2014 11:16 pm
Some how i'm seeing way higher prices for the 55% crit dmg set compared to the double dmg set. no matter the %. and reaching 300% crit dmg is possible with a few buffs, no food. you want chance to deal more dmg rather than having a solid 300% crit dmg always, since DD will always trump 300% crit dmg. Still just my opinion, it'll take time but you can also use LP to buy scrolls to fortify past +9. just gotta do your skandias sky towers and IA diligently.

AikuroNB

Rank 0
AikuroNB
PostedFeb 19, 2014 12:10 am
Guess ima keep both then and see what happens. I'm one less piece for both sets.

jayjayxd

Rank 0
PostedFeb 22, 2014 6:24 pm
AikuroNB wrote:
Guess ima keep both then and see what happens. I'm one less piece for both sets.  

have you tried both set yets? if yes which one are you preferring?

AikuroNB

Rank 0
AikuroNB
PostedFeb 22, 2014 8:13 pm
jayjayxd wrote:
have you tried both set yets? if yes which one are you preferring?  

Not yet, still level 63.

Wizziw

Rank 0
PostedFeb 28, 2014 12:02 am
Well i went for full dmg So in mycase i choose crit % one (raised my crit +10% which is now 52% , Also its alot cheaper than crit dmg one) And hp difference is only about 3-4k right?

Katsuka_Ren

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
PostedFeb 28, 2014 12:12 am
My suggestion is to wear the Lion's Roar set. Not only they give you 55% crit damage on full set, they give you a 50% attack speed buff for 15 seconds. They also give you around 4500 HP which is big, compared to the Lethal Beast set that doesn't give you any HP. Sure the double damage proc is good, but it's a gamble just like zeal, and it makes you even softer since no HP bonus in it. Meanwhile Lion's Roar gives constant 55% crit damage, and you don't need to worry about the buff not activating, I have the buff on from start to arena until end of arena, its like 10 minutes straight with the buff on throughout arena, and I have 51% crit rate, so maintaining it won't be a problem. You probably should have around 40-50% crit rate on lv65 with the Lion Roar's set. As for pve, this buff stays activated like forever since you will constantly attack the mobs. So its constant 55% crit damage, almost forever 50% attack speed buf, and 4500 HP vs 10% higher crit rate and chance to deal double damage.

-IGN- Katsuka -Server Siren -Class- Gunslinger/Brawler --Kats' GS Guide for the Curious ones * v * )b

AikuroNB

Rank 0
AikuroNB
PostedFeb 28, 2014 1:10 am
Right, current plan is going for 2 Devourer top and Lion's Roar set. I've yet to hit 65 tho. If it doesn't work out as well, I'll be switching to the other set.