acemaloof

Rank 2
acemaloof
PostedFeb 16, 2014 10:04 am   Last edited by acemaloof on Mar 05, 2014 1:51 pm. Edited 4 times in total

HealYouLoli's Bard/Sorc Guide!

Never being updated again
In addition everyone keeps asking me when I will update the guide and for those who do not know I have quit maining bard and have switched to wiz/guns. I am sorry to disappoint, I still play my bard though so feel free to PM me at BurnYouLoli my new char! Very Happy I'm supar kawaii now too! [/size]

This build guide is only what I have tested in game and is going to be done based off of my play style and choices, if you do not like that then don't use my guide Very Happy but here is a few reasons why bard/sorc is the best!:
Pros:
- Best healing spec in the game currently
- Debuffs
- Best for pvp bard
- Stuns for dayz

Cons:
- DoT is weak harder to solo
- Needs good Eidolon

Recently a lot has happened on bard forums and I quit for a while in order to test other classes and I just can't stay away from bard Razz To begin with I will make this clear. THIS IS MY GUIDE. I will not be changing things anymore based on popular opinion or comments on the guide, if you don't like something then I am not forcing you to follow this.

OFFENSE AND DEFENSE

Spd needs to be capped, after that it is okay to move into crit. This is because speed lowers Activation Speed of skills and Cooldowns! On to Defense points, with the new content out it will be easier to cap def once you get 60 gear,but until then I prefer def build to HP, just my personal play style because I take less damage per hit (I put 10 points in HP cause it gives me 40k HP with my eidolon out).STOP stacking speed when it reaches 50%, and the cap on DEF is 75%.

ENVOY PATHS

This is my own personal build for paths, there are many different paths that you can go down to get different desired results, but as it is I chose to go with the SPD, and also tankiness Surprised You can always take the crit path but I don't see a need for that as crit only affects single target heals which really you don't need to crit on unless you aren't stacking your regens properly. On the skills that you can get from your envoy path, the only REALLY NECESSARY ones to take are song of winds as it is a party Evade buff and is suuuuuuper useful when fighting bosses, and also the Fire Sprite as it is an additional iframe. (Iframe means invincibility frame, it is used when you cannot escape and have to tank a large quantity of damage. When in an iframe you aren't affected by damage, debuffs, or knockbacks.)

ULTIMATES

For ultimates it is pretty straightforward, in General spec take Song Of The Full Moon and make sure to spam it every 10 seconds because it will give your party a armor debuff on bosses,in attack spec take Zeal(ONLY IF YOU HAVE MAXED SPEED), in advanced take Sad Love Song in order to boost party damage by 9%! In defence take Iron Wall for extra survivability! Next take Break Defense for extra boss debuffs for the party, the final in special skills is The Best Defense In order to give a bit of extra Def!!!! Very Happy

EIDOLONS?
These are suggestions for people just starting out or who are low on keys, I personally am currently using Kotonoha as she is one of the best and most OP eidolons out right now.

Sigrun: All around good companion to have, def and HP boost is nice for PvE and it is a cheap substitute to the harder to get Eidolons.

Tigerius: Good for move speed to lure faster and complete infernal in a timely manner.

Aelius: Party Debuffer and that's about it. Good for supporting in heavy debuff dungeons.

GEARS!!!!!!!!!!
For now because 60 gear is so expensive all that you wanna do is get the ARIA head and chest piece, combine this with REQUIEM legs, waist and wrist. On accessories you will wanna take the Leo's set. For trophies I have doubled up on Murfeo's for the time being.

I was asked for my UI layout and I find this to be the best way to do it, by condensing everything towards the middle of the screen and having chat boxes on the left it is easier to keep track of all your party members as well as to see your own character for dodging red carpet.

There are really only 3 skills you NEEEEED to have going at ALL times. Keep 3 stacks of Ballad on permanently when running dungeons, and always refresh Rejuvenation Mantra for fights with mobs and during boss fights when you will need it to cleanse the party, when you aren't stacking these make sure that you keep your Blood Seal and Song of the Full Moon running to debuff the boss in order to help out your party members. In addition to these for debuffs to increase party damage, you should also be throwing out Nightmare Totem and Ambient Drone in order to stun mobs or boss as needed, sometimes a stun to cancel a boss AoE can save your whole party a wipe on a boss. Last but not least Holy Notes will be needed to fully cleanse an individual party member, usually tank in most cases but if a dps gets too much agro then hit them with it in conjunction with Mantra in order to remove any Def or Dmg debuffs.
Advertisement

CelestialKoi

Twin Saga Gold Founder
CelestialKoi
PostedFeb 16, 2014 7:02 pm
Hello! Smile
I was just curious about the subclasses for bard. I mean I know about the bard/wiz vs. bard/sorc bit (It's all I read about in this forum>.>) But I don't like wiz or sorc that much to put it as a subclass, so I was wondering if brawler would make a good sub.(I like brawler but it seems better to put as a subclass than main)

doc09

Rank 4
doc09
PostedFeb 16, 2014 7:14 pm
CelestialKoi wrote:
Hello! Smile
I was just curious about the subclasses for bard. I mean I know about the bard/wiz vs. bard/sorc bit (It's all I read about in this forum>.>) But I don't like wiz or sorc that much to put it as a subclass, so I was wondering if brawler would make a good sub.(I like brawler but it seems better to put as a subclass than main)

It really just depends on your personal aspect. Brawler, imo, won't be a good sub for bard. I know when warbow comes, it can combo with bard and get ultimate skills and that'll let bard main dps a little bit too.

But atm, if you're looking to support or get special additions, bard/sorc or bard/wiz is better for the time being.

CelestialKoi

Twin Saga Gold Founder
CelestialKoi
PostedFeb 16, 2014 7:21 pm
Okay=) thanks for the info, I'll just wait 'till war bow to come out when i make a bard then

doc09

Rank 4
doc09
PostedFeb 16, 2014 7:24 pm
CelestialKoi wrote:
Okay=) thanks for the info, I'll just wait 'till war bow to come out when i make a bard then  

Some people who were waiting on brawler, they either made their main class and leveled it while not selecting a sub class, or camped it at lv40 until the class came.

m0rbiddrake

EOS Founder
PostedFeb 17, 2014 3:48 pm
So what kind of Secret Stone Inlays should we be sticking inside of our armors?

doc09

Rank 4
doc09
PostedFeb 17, 2014 7:40 pm
m0rbiddrake wrote:
So what kind of Secret Stone Inlays should we be sticking inside of our armors?  

Bard stones that have 2-3% Heal and your option of whatever else, 2% hp or -2% dmg taken is always nice on bard stones.

Just look in the secret stone bard master npc in Navea and which one goes to what armor, and buy the ones you like and try to get 2-3% heal stat bonus.

rjayrjayrjay

Rank 0
PostedFeb 18, 2014 12:39 am

Re: HealYouLoli's Bard/Sorc Guide! (Back and better!)

Just can't stay away
How about the equipments? Can you post your guide about the best equipment possible for bard. Thanks in advance =)

acemaloof

Rank 2
acemaloof
PostedFeb 18, 2014 12:43 am

Re: HealYouLoli's Bard/Sorc Guide! (Back and better!)

Just can't stay away
rjayrjayrjay wrote:

How about the equipments? Can you post your guide about the best equipment possible for bard. Thanks in advance =)  

I dont really update this too much anymore, but you want to get revelation head and chest, and the murfeos trophies, after that it is up to you.

ramsey_sum

Rank 0
PostedFeb 18, 2014 10:03 pm

Keep it up Ace!!

You have a new fan!!
Bud thanks for all the info, as I leveled, your guide has help me a lot being a Bard/Soc. I haven't focused on pvp yet but as of now, healing, running dungeons and leveling up is all I do. Also, farm, farm, farm for gold as it is "the mean to buy gears or crafted materials." Just want to say thank you and keep it up ..from your little healer Zepharo!!