Olalaaa

Rank 0
PostedFeb 14, 2014 8:22 pm   Last edited by Olalaaa on Feb 20, 2014 5:44 am. Edited 32 times in total

[GUIDE] Fishing

Lala teaching you how to fish away.
He guys and girls,

I was looking on the forum for some info about fishing but couldnt find any and since fishing is going to be a big part of AK, i think il just help out some other people that have trouble with fishing or have questions. so in the next couple of days il be creating a guide on fishing, how, what, where and when. (excuse me for mybe some errors in my english writing)

How fishing works
Lets start with a simple explanation about fishing. In this image below you can see me trying to catch a Powerfull king fish

1. You can see this bar as the HP of the fish, when his HP is gone you have caught the fish
2. You can see this bar as your HP(the Durability of your gear).
3. This red area is the part where you come in with the dobber if you press your mouse button too long, going into this area will break your rod because your pulling the fish too hard, you can see your rod is breaking if your HP(2.) goes down.
4a. This blue area is where your dobber has to stay in, when your in here the HP of fish(1.) will go down. The more damage your gear has the faster the HP(1.) of the fish will go down.
4b. This is a dobber that will move to the left towards the red area(3.) when you hold your mouse button, when you release your mouse button the dobber will move towards the orange area(5.). By pressing the mousebutton when needed you will be able to keep the dobber in the blue area(4a.) and you will catch the fish.
5. This orange area is the part where you come in when your fish is trying to escape, this means your not pressing/holding your mouse button often anough. When moving into this area your HP(2.) will drain and the HP(1.) of your fish will heal. Altough going into this part hurts less than going into the red part, the fish will regain HP wich can be bad if your fishing powerfull fish.

Fishing spots

1. If you dont know where the fishing spots are in the map, just your map and look for the fishing icons (see number 1).
2. If you have traveled to that location and you cant find the fishing spot look on your minimap for the fishing icons(see number 2)

Note: if you want to know what fish is fished where etc, Look on port skandia this site contains all info about the fishing spots in the different maps.

Bait Improves chance of catching the right fish.
Bait is nessesary for fishing, because how are you gonna catch the fish if you have no bait.
So bait is there to help you catch the fish, even improve catching certain fish.
There 4 kinds of bait, of wich 3 you can buy in every map at the fish merchant and 1 you can only receive from orange fishes or quests.

The 4 kinds of bait.

White Bait Cost: 18 silver
White bait is pretty much useless and has no real meaning for you other than its gonna let you fish.

Blue Bait Cost: 35 silver
Blue bait will improve the chance of you fishing up a certain green fish.
You can find out wich bait you need by looking in its description for the name of your fish.

Green Bait Cost: 67 silver
Green bait will improve the chance of you fishing up a certain orange fish.
You can find out wich bait you need by looking in its description for the name of your fish.
Orange Bait Cost: n/a
Orange bait is needed to be allowed to try to catch a king fish, the orange bait can be acquired throughout 3 methods of which the first 2 are random.
- Method 1: By doing your daily fish quests you can recieve the ...
- Method 2: You can buy ... from fish merchants, they will cost 50 tokens each.
- Method 3: Simply by fishing for orange fish, in the map of the king fish.

Note: All baits only work on 1 fish, so you can use it on other fish but it wont improve the chance of catching that other fish. So make sure you use the correct bait for you fish.
Note 2: Another way to improve the chance of catching orange map fishes, is by getting the full green fishing set of that map. That can be found in a crate, that can be fished up in that map. Example

Bandits
There are 3 bandits: Penguin, Nymphet, Nebuchadnezzar . These bandits spawn randomly when you succeeded in caputering a big fish, a very hard fish or a king fish. They wont spawn if you capture them on passive mode.

- Penguin bandit (color = purple)
The penguin bandit can spawn when a big fish(green) is succesfully captured.
When killed, the penguin bandit drops a token, wich you can trade in navea for a lucky bag.
This luckybag contains a couple of orange ingriedients and the tier 2 penguin bandit set.

- Nympet (color = pink)
Nympet can spawn when a very hard fish(orange) is succesfully captured.
When killed, the Nympet drops a token, wich you can trade in navea for a lucky bag.
This luckybag contains a couple of yellow ingriedients and the yellow tier 3 Nymphet set.

- Nebuchadnezzar (color = blue)
Nebuchadnezzar can spawn when any kingfish is succesfully captured.
When killed, Nebuchadnezzar drops a token, wich you can trade in navea for a lucky bag.
This luckybag contains a couple of yellow ingriedients and the tier 4 Nebuchadnezzar set.

Party fishing

When fishing in a party just one other person so not more you can kill each others spawns, this way you both get tokens. so you will get double the tokens.

Fishing modes

There are 3 kinds of fishing modes, passive, active, semi-active.

Passive:
In passive mode you can pretty much walk away from your screen while you bag fills with fish. You can go into passive mode by not clicking the fish icon after it has taken your bait.
This will result into one of 3 things:
- you get the fish/item it said it found.
- you will get a better or worse fish/item
- you will get no fish/item and it will trown out your rod again.
Only problem with passive fishing is that your character cannot fish the orange fish.

Pro's:
- you can go afk
- you dont have to watch the video's of catching fish

Cons:
- you won't catch orange fish
- no bandits will apear

Active:
In active mode, you will be controlling your rod at all time, wether this is cancelling now and then or fishing all the fish that take your bait

Pro's:
- you have the chance of getting any item the pool offers
- bandits might spawn

Cons:
- its time consuming
- you have to say behind your keyboard

Semi-Active:
In semi-active mode you will be controlling your rod only when you want too.
So you will trow it out at big fishes and the very strong fish but the rest of the fishes you will fish passively.

Pro's:
- you have the chance of getting any item the pool offers
- bandits might spawn

Cons:
- still time consuming but you can do some stuff on the side

Types of fishes
There 3 type of fishes: Powerfull fish, Speedy fish and Fish that are prone to escape.
The picture below tells you how to find out what kind of fish you are fishing.

1. Click on the chest to find out what loot the fish drops.
2. Hold Ctrl and click on the picture of the crate to see what content the crate has.
3. Look in the crate for the rod(s) that it contains, and move your mouse over it.
4. In the description of the rod it will tell you what type of fishes the rod is ment for.

Powerfull fish:
Time to catch Orange damage gear + any orange rod: aprox 5 min
Stats important to catch this type of fish: Rod Strength + High Damage
- High HP
- Not much movement
Special: Can pull dobber into the orange, even when holding the mousebutton.

Speed fish:
Time to catch Orange damage gear + any orange rod: aprox 2 min + HP(durability) or Damage
Stats important to catch this type of fish: Reeling speed
- Medium HP
- Medium Movement
Special: Can suddenly move far left when pressing the button.

Prone to escape fish:
Stats important to catch this type of fish: Rod Strength and Reeling Speed + high HP(durability)
- Low HP

- blue area is very small or very big
- Lots of Movement

What gear should i use to fish what?
Most people give up fishing because its hard to get the gear they need to fish king fish, also because there 3 kinds of orange sets you can fish + 2 sets you can get from the bandits, so its hard to decide what you are going to fish for next.
Advertisement

RavenKitsu

Rank 0
RavenKitsu
PostedFeb 14, 2014 8:30 pm
A Solid start, be sure to include some pictures of things like where to buy beginning equipment, etc. for those who have never fished before.

But good job, looking forward to more.

melanmelody

Rank 0
melanmelody
PostedFeb 14, 2014 10:34 pm
If you have the time, I want to know the difference between skill, strength, and escaping fishes.

Also, if you ever fish the boss fishes, I hope to know some recommendations on how to catch them better!

Thanks! Smile

Olalaaa

Rank 0
PostedFeb 14, 2014 10:42 pm

If you have the time, I want to know the difference between skill, strength, and escaping fishes.

Also, if you ever fish the boss fishes, I hope to know some recommendations on how to catch them better!

Thanks! Smile

Will do, atm i have full orange skelet armour
and 3/4 mythical set
i have armored and golden rod

i had done the 2 bosses of today both twice and will do the others too.
got a 5 tier gloves from one of them

CollinEvan

Rank 2
PostedFeb 14, 2014 11:53 pm
I am new to this fishing.. well, we all are. But I only fished for maybe 5 hours max..

Anyways, Do you actually have better luck with the colored bait, as opposed to worms.

I had 100 worms, caught 6 golden lobster. I used 100 green bait, forgot what they were, but I only caught 2 golden lobster

Olalaaa

Rank 0
PostedFeb 14, 2014 11:56 pm
CollinEvan wrote:
I am new to this fishing.. well, we all are. But I only fished for maybe 5 hours max..

Anyways, Do you actually have better luck with the colored bait, as opposed to worms.

I had 100 worms, caught 6 golden lobster. I used 100 green bait, forgot what they were, but I only caught 2 golden lobster  

I have just added Baits, but to answer your question, yest you have better luck, but you need to use the bait that is recommended for that certain fish.

utsuhoshi

Rank 2
utsuhoshi
PostedFeb 15, 2014 12:01 am
How long did it take you to get the mythical parts? I've been fishing 65 crystal carps and not a single blue crystal was given to me. :/

Siren - Sefi - Gunslinger/Ranger (retired)

Olalaaa

Rank 0
PostedFeb 15, 2014 12:05 am
utsuhoshi wrote:
How long did it take you to get the mythical parts? I've been fishing 65 crystal carps and not a single blue crystal was given to me. :/  

mythical set was my second set, i havent spend much time in it since i got most parts from from King fish. but for my first set i think i have spend over a good 16 hours, i have collected the title tuna roll, wich means i have aten over a 100 blue tuna fish. and that all for just 4 Great fish bones.
Its the beginning that is hard for us to get orange gear, then when you have a full orange set its easy trough kingfishes, and it gets hard to get yellow.

twelvi12

Rank 2
twelvi12
PostedFeb 15, 2014 6:14 am
What benefits fishing have? Do you get some stats, or something expensive?

Shadow.Master.

Rank 2
Shadow.Master.
PostedFeb 15, 2014 9:38 am
Hey great guide can you explain the stats on the fishing rod: line strength,reeling speed,rod strength and what each stats does and which one is better to focus on getting when buying a rod.