Koxu_Banks

Rank 0
PostedFeb 14, 2014 10:58 am

Which subclass did you pick for your Katar?

Please indicate some specific reasons as to why you picked your sub class.
I'm trying to (not only help myself) others that are in the same boat as me when it comes to picking a sub class for the Katar as a main.

Thanks!
Advertisement

richie0130

Rank 0
PostedFeb 14, 2014 12:39 pm
I'll build the one REI said for PVE.

Katar/GS - spd50%effect and all crit, all HP.

xonrevx

Rank 0
PostedFeb 14, 2014 2:10 pm
Brawler/ravager, I wanted to test out the combo skills, and have a very strong AOE rotation, i PLAN to mix this with the fox shrine maiden eidleon for the LS, so i wanted to have strong AOE to take advantage of it, this is a PVE spec, with full crit/HP

i would say though, Brawler,duelist has the potential to be one of the BEST solo dungeoners because dancing bailsong with a high HP pool, would be godly once you get a nice set together, the reason why the longer CD is ok, and i would recogmend brawler/Duelist over duelist/brawler is simple, inner streagth gives a flat 20% dmg reduction to brawler mainclass only. and that makes a world of differance considering it has a 100% uptime

TreishaSempai

Rank 4
TreishaSempai
PostedFeb 14, 2014 6:52 pm
I chose Katar/Sorc for pure survivability as well as amazing DPS support.

Currently, my skill rotation is mainly Stun -> Piercing Swiftness (for the -10% ACC) -> Blood Seal when not on cooldown -> Null Strike -> Lotus Strike -> Mantra when not on cooldown -> Repeat. It's absolutely amazing so far. Soloing is a breeze, DPSing and being able to survive is a breeze, this is easily a very, very survivable class with amazing DPS to back it up. For stats I pump Crit until ~35% or so then dump into dmg, and defense-wise I am 2:1 Defense:HP. It's bulky, hits like a truck, and has 6 permanent HoTs (3 from Null Strike, 3 from Lotus Strike. They stack 3 each) from Katar skills, one almost-permanent HoT from Mantra, and one almost-permanent lifesteal from Blood Seal.

NellAgan

Rank 0
NellAgan
PostedFeb 14, 2014 10:26 pm
I chose Katar/Bard for the ballad HoT and instant spot heal, as well as the benefit of having a potent ranged tick.

With the tick from ballad, the frequent proc from my sub-harp, the heal/drain from my dot and the tick from Lotus, even most bosses don't manage to budge my health.

I built pure crit, and an even distribution of Health/Def/Eva.

-IGN Leandrah (54 Katar/Bard)
-Server Chimera

macquegene

Rank 0
macquegene
PostedFeb 14, 2014 10:55 pm
richie0130 wrote:
I'll build the one REI said for PVE.

Katar/GS - spd50%effect and all crit, all HP.  

Did you put all points into speed ?

Ichikaito

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
Ichikaito
PostedFeb 15, 2014 12:06 am
Am thinking of making katar/wiz combo.... Any suggestions on how to distrubute stats would really be appreciated ^^... I already got wiz/soc main with crit focussed and am loving it.

richie0130

Rank 0
PostedFeb 15, 2014 1:01 am
right now. Im putting max on speed and still good in pve point of view

nator316

Rank 2
nator316
PostedFeb 16, 2014 12:33 am
Ive seen katar bard combi but how good it is dont know.

vongola.koneko

Rank 0
vongola.koneko
PostedFeb 19, 2014 12:05 am
Well I did Katar/Bard. Mostly for lolz but it seems to be working out pretty well.
Since I do most pt dungeons on duo it helps to be able to heal myself and my partner. Only at lvl 45 right now but it's working kinda nice :3