RavenKitsu

Rank 0
RavenKitsu
PostedFeb 14, 2014 10:42 am   Last edited by RavenKitsu on Feb 23, 2014 5:17 pm. Edited 28 times in total

Monday's Bard/Gunslinger Guide [Updated]

A guide to Bard/Gun [Not Level 60+ yet][Hit Lv60, Update coming Soon]
Let me get this started by just saying this. I do not believe Bard/Gun is the best combination, nor do i believe that there is a single best combination. The best combination to play as is the one you have the most fun playing. While constructive feedback is much appreciated, I do not want the comments section to turn into an argument over whether or not this Subclass is a good choice. Thanks for reading my guide, even if only to this point.

My own little story.

I wasn't always a Bard/gun, I grew up in Aura Kingdom as a Bard/Sorc, building pure support, but awhile ago, I started having less and less fun, sure I was powerful in solo's, and very useful in parties, but the playstyle itself wasn't as enjoyable. So, I spent AP and became a Bard/Gunslinger and have been having ALOT of fun so far, and I wish to share this guide so people know it is possible to play a bard/gun.

Let's get started with the build then.

Please be aware that as a Bard/Gun, you will NOT be an immortal soft tank, but you will fit the role of a DPS healer, The pro's and con's for this combination is as follows.

Pro's
- Being able to heal for more & Higher chance of it Critting.
- Able to do a large amount of damage quickly.
- Faster dungeons
- Decent Dueling and Arena utility when there's another Bard on your team.

Con's
- Being squishier
- Never will be as strong as a true DPS
- Some parties may not recruit you as you arent the standard bard combo (bard/wiz or bard/sorc)
- Lower Speed
- Saint Hale will hate you in Solo WT runs and one hit you.... no? maybe that's just me then :l

Stat Distribution

The Main Build (If unable to get the CRIT DMG see next screenshot)

Offense:
Build 30 SPEED and then pure CRIT while stacking CRIT DMG Trophies and Secret Stones

Defense:
I personally build pure DEF with this build, but doing a 1:1 Hp/Def Build or Pure HP is also an option, just keep in mind you wont be using Tank gear, but DPS gear.

DMG/HP(or Defense) Build (USE THIS IF YOU'RE UNABLE TO GET GOOD CRIT DMG)

Offense:
Your first 20 points should be going into Speed, and all points afterwards should be into Damage, Why damage you may ask? Well, as a Bard main class, we do not get Crit Damage in our Envoy path, so unless you stack all 6% crit stones, you might find Damage build to be a better option.
If you want the shortest tick possible for ballad, 0.8s, without relying on Max's pistols get 30% speed instead of only 20 points into it.

Defense:
I personally build pure HP, but doing a 1:1 Hp/Def Build or Pure defense is also an option, just keep in mind you wont be using Tank gear, but DPS gear.

Masteries
Your masteries should be personal choice, but here are the ones I personally use.

General Skill - Precision Bombardment - Target's DEF -8% or Song of the Full Moon when in a Party with other Gunslingers. -Target DEF -8%
Attack Spec - Callousness - CRIT +3% CRIT DMG +4%
Advanced Skills -Rock and Roll Ballad - Def+3% Per stack.
Defense Spec - Iron Wall - 5% DEF
Tactical Spec - Break Defense - 25% Chance of Target's DEF -10%
Special Skills - Deep Blue - DMG +2% Malice -5%

Envoy Path

Red: Main Envoy's you'll want to take
Blue: The ones after that
Green: Spare Envoy points
Pink: My own Personal choice, up to you completely.

Skills - Traps

Frost Trap's Immobilize the target and increase your CRIT Rate against them with a weak Damage over time, and Dark Flare Traps do a much stronger Damage over time.

One of the greatest benefits of the gunslinger subclass, is the use of it's two Traps, Frost Trap and Dark Flare Trap.
With 20%+ Speed these will cooldown before they run out so they should be used whenever possible.
My personal favorite of the two is the Dark Flare Trap as it makes up ALOT of damage output (which is what the build is about ^.^)
That isn't to say the Frost trap is useless however, It is EXTREMELY useful for PvP to start off with, then as soon as it triggers and freeze's them, put down the Dark Flare Trap.
I also do the same thing during boss fights, start out by frost trapping then following up right after with Dark Flare. In my experience though, if you had to choose between one trap or the other, I would go Dark Flare trap in most situations.

Equipment

I am unable to advise you on level 60+ Equipment as I have not yet reached Level 60 to make that decision.

Your Equipment, as stated before, will be DPS gear, So a Full Aria set, or Aria Cap & Coat and Requiem Waist, Gloves and Boots, if you find yourself taking too much damage.
Noble or Stalking cores.

Accessories should be a Comet's set if you can afford it, or the Level 55 Yellow Crit/DMG/HP set.
Shard of Toto Water blade (15% CRIT DMG) and Fia's Fairy Dust (10% CRIT DMG)
Though if you are level 60+ you can be using the Murfeo's Trophy Pair (10% Heal and 15% Heal Trophies) at a loss to CRIT DMG but a gain to HEAL.

If you have them, you can use CRIT DMG Accesories (8% or 4% Ones)

You'll be wanting a Reid's harp and Max's Pistols (Or Crafted lifesteal pistols), as Max's Pistols can give a speed buff which is quite useful with our low speed.

Secret Stones
For your Secret stones, Ideally you'll be wanting 3% HEAL 6% CRIT DMG, although 2% HEAL and 4% CRIT DMG on the stones does just fine, and are much easier to find and cheaper to buy.

Ideal Eidolons

The best Eidolon's for this build in my opinion are:

Uzuriel: Crit buff
Bel-Chandra: Crit Buff
Aelius: AoE Cleanse
Advertisement

RavenKitsu

Rank 0
RavenKitsu
PostedFeb 14, 2014 10:45 am
Reserved incase I need it for future information.

Eughe

Rank 0
PostedFeb 14, 2014 11:30 am
Ah, the 'ol mutated swastika envoy approach.

Labbit.S2

Rank 2
Labbit.S2
PostedFeb 14, 2014 11:33 am
Interesting combo. Or at least rare.

whitekite

Rank 2
whitekite
PostedFeb 14, 2014 12:10 pm
I think the -DEF mastery for Storm Song or Bombardment would benefit you more than +Damage for Aimed Shot.

-10% DEF is extremely powerful. From my tests, -10% DEF boosts direct damage by around 30% against most enemies in PVE, -20% boosts it by around 60%, -30% boosts it by around 90%, and -40% boosts it by over 100%.

I encourage you to test it out yourself and see if you think it is worth it.

RavenKitsu

Rank 0
RavenKitsu
PostedFeb 14, 2014 12:12 pm
whitekite wrote:
I think the -DEF mastery for Storm Song or Bombardment would benefit you more than +Damage for Aimed Shot.

-10% DEF is extremely powerful. From my tests, -10% DEF boosts direct damage by around 30% against most enemies in PVE, -20% boosts it by around 60%, -30% boosts it by around 90%, and -40% boosts it by over 100%.

I encourage you to test it out yourself and see if you think it is worth it.  

I see, thanks will check that ^.^ and they are -8% def for me :p

acemaloof

Rank 2
acemaloof
PostedFeb 14, 2014 1:29 pm
a better combo for offensive stats might be full speed, true you will take a hit to damage, but the extra 30% speed would make skills faster which might make up for the lost damage, if you dont wanna do that then I would try to get kotonoha as an eidolon or the level 50 yellow pistols which boost speed. Also because you are going to be doing damage I would try full defense since you will probably take more hits that would help you to survive.

RavenKitsu

Rank 0
RavenKitsu
PostedFeb 14, 2014 2:09 pm
acemaloof wrote:
a better combo for offensive stats might be full speed, true you will take a hit to damage, but the extra 30% speed would make skills faster which might make up for the lost damage, if you dont wanna do that then I would try to get kotonoha as an eidolon or the level 50 yellow pistols which boost speed. Also because you are going to be doing damage I would try full defense since you will probably take more hits that would help you to survive.  

I'm already using max's level 50 yellow pistols. As for Kotonoha she refuses to drop any fragments even though i charm her each time i get her and go to all the guild hall summons of her.

For your SPD/DEF suggestion, I have a nice combo going with my current speed that doesnt have me waiting for cooldowns. I was originally a defense build, and actually find I do better with HP :p

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions though :p

acemaloof

Rank 2
acemaloof
PostedFeb 14, 2014 6:22 pm
RavenKitsu wrote:
acemaloof wrote:

I'm already using max's level 50 yellow pistols. As for Kotonoha she refuses to drop any fragments even though i charm her each time i get her and go to all the guild hall summons of her.

For your SPD/DEF suggestion, I have a nice combo going with my current speed that doesnt have me waiting for cooldowns. I was originally a defense build, and actually find I do better with HP :p

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions though :p  

for kotohohoho it's hard. I lucked out and got the full key off her in guild hall. But before that I was grinding fragments and it is just slow :/

EtaAK

Rank 2
EtaAK
PostedFeb 14, 2014 6:28 pm
I suggest you go more in-depth about Gunslinger's 2 traps. The Ice Trap cast a debuff on 1 enemy that make it easier for your party member to land critical hit(This is very good for people with <50% Crit but not so good endgame when people have high Crit%). The Dark Trap deal big amount of DPS without you having to attack which mean you will have time keeping your party alive. As most of your damage will have dark elemental, consider using Guns with Darkness element.

I also suggest keeping SPD at 30% first so you can get to shortest DoT Tick interval(0.8s) which benefits both Bard's Ballad and Gunslinger's traps(correct me on the traps if I'm wrong).

Good luck with your new guide. Bard/Gunslinger is very fun to play during boss fight, you get to jump around setting traps on boss and deal significant amount of single target DPS.