fye336

Rank 0
fye336
PostedFeb 12, 2014 11:42 pm

Fye's Bard/Sorc Guide

Work in progress
Introduction
Everyone knows that I love playing with Bard/Wiz. But recently, the only guide that Bard/Sorcs had in the forums has been discontinued, and I thought it would not be fair to leave them without guidance. So... here I am.

Why I would play with Bard/Sorc, if Bard/Wizards are so much better?
Well, there are three reasons to play with a Bard/Sorc:

1 AoE Cleanse (Rejuvenation Mantra) - however, this is not a "must have" (at least on PvE), and if your party already have a main Sorcerer, this will probably go to waste.
Today we have 40 man raids, so it's highly unlikely that a group will not have at least one main Sorcerer.

2 Nightmare Totem - OK, no one can deny that this is a useful skill.
It was nerfed on TW, and I don't know if it will be nerfed here too. However, the nerf apparently will be more significant for the main Sorcerers. Maybe some of them could clarify those questions for us...?

3 Fire Sprite - It's a cool skill. '-'

Nevertheless, Bard/Wiz is still so much better (Sonic Shield > all of above). Just play with Bard/Sorc if you like to be different (or if you don't want to reroll).

Stats
Offensive: Cap SPD then move on to CRIT. This is a consensus, there is no much to be said here.
Defensive: Cap DEF then move on to HP, OR go full HP. Your choice. Some people say that HP is better; I personally prefer DEF.

Envoy's Path

Why not Song of Winds?
It's simply not useful for us. It will only benefit players who have chosen full EVA builds; even then, that type of build is not worth anymore.
Percussive Song mastery gives 5% movement speed to the group, but I think it's redundant since we have Rhapsody (10% movement speed, 30min).
However, it's an extra iframe... you can remove a point from Sneak (-50% malice) to get it if you really want.

Masteries

Common: Song of the Full Moon. Song of the Howling Wind can be useful on PvP.
Offensive: Focus if you need to cap SPD. Otherwise, Zeal.
Advanced: Rock and Roll Ballad. Sad Love Song can be useful if you have Zaahir's Song of Conflagration.
Defensive: Ironwall if you need to cap DEF. Otherwise, Courage.
Tactical: Break Defense.
Special: Omniscience if you need to cap SPD; The Best Defense if you need to cap DEF. Otherwise, Frenzied Sprite.

Equipments

Work in progress. I will try to finish this as soon as possible.

Advertisement

fye336

Rank 0
fye336
PostedFeb 12, 2014 11:44 pm
Reserved.

aris2ananta

Rank 0
aris2ananta
PostedFeb 12, 2014 11:46 pm

Re: Fye's Bard/Sorc Guide

Work in progress
fye336 wrote:
Introduction
Everyone knows that I love playing with Bard/Wiz. But recently, the only guide that Bard/Sorcs had in the forums has been discontinued, and I thought it would not be fair to leave them without guidance. So... here I am.

Why I would play with Bard/Sorc, if Bard/Wizards are so much better?
Well, there are three reasons to play with a Bard/Sorc:

1 AoE Cleanse (Rejuvenation Mantra) - however, this is not a "must have" (at least on PvE), and if your party already have a main Sorcerer, this will probably go to waste.
Today we have 40 man raids, so it's highly unlikely that a group will not have at least one main Sorcerer.

2 Nightmare Totem - OK, no one can deny that this is a useful skill.
It was nerfed on TW, and I don't know if it will be nerfed here too. However, the nerf apparently will be more significant for the main Sorcerers. Maybe some of them could clarify those questions for us...?

3 Fire Sprite - It's a cool skill. '-'

Nevertheless, Bard/Wiz is still so much better (Sonic Shield > all of above). Just play with Bard/Sorc if you like to be different (or if you don't want to reroll).

Stats
Offensive: Cap SPD then move on to CRIT. This is a consensus, there is no much to be said here.
Defensive: Cap DEF then move on to HP, OR go full HP. Your choice. Some people say that HP is better; I personally prefer DEF.

Envoy's Path

Why not Song of Winds?
It's simply not useful for us. It will only benefit players who have chosen full EVA builds; even then, that type of build is not worth anymore.
Percussive Song mastery gives 5% movement speed to the group, but I think it's redundant since we have Rhapsody (10% movement speed, 30min).
However, it's an extra iframe... you can remove a point from Sneak (-50% malice) to get it if you really want.

Masteries

Common: Song of the Full Moon. Song of the Howling Wind can be useful on PvP.
Offensive: Focus if you need to cap SPD. Otherwise, Zeal.
Advanced: Rock and Roll Ballad. Sad Love Song can be useful if you have Zaahir's Song of Conflagration.
Defensive: Ironwall if you need to cap DEF. Otherwise, Courage.
Tactical: Break Defense.
Special: Omniscience if you need to cap SPD; The Best Defense if you need to cap DEF. Otherwise, Frenzied Sprite.

Equipments

Work in progress. I will try to finish this as soon as possible.  

your post is for bard/sorc, but you keep saying that bard/wiz is better.
hahaha.

btw I am bard/wizz too Very Happy

superalimx

Twin Saga Diamond Founder
superalimx
PostedFeb 13, 2014 12:07 am
Tip: Don't use Fire Sprite and Eidolon at Ozymand Temple 1st boss.

Kibouu

Rank 0
PostedFeb 13, 2014 1:40 am
Thanks for putting up a guide for Sorcerer as subclass too. There should at least be guides for both Sorcerer and Wizard since it is an individual person's own choice to choose Sorcerer or Wizard

Kibouu - Bard/Sorcerer - Siren

aris2ananta

Rank 0
aris2ananta
PostedFeb 13, 2014 2:56 am
Kibouu wrote:
Thanks for putting up a guide for Sorcerer as subclass too. There should at least be guides for both Sorcerer and Wizard since it is an individual person's own choice to choose Sorcerer or Wizard  

agree. both sorc and wiz have different playstyle. don't mix it up. the best is the one you enjoy the most (if you don't have both, you can always read forums about the differences between them).

kevinarcade

Rank 0
PostedFeb 13, 2014 8:59 am
Could you explain yourself further why Energized Healing and Fire Spirit?
While you could get for example 5-6% crit from Bard Training?

Do you feel that a Bard is more then a Healing and Debuffing class alone?

At the moment a lot of people that I know are going for extra MOVE SPD.
They told me that on the TW server a lot of players use MOVE SPD too, but I have not looked into this.

So would it not be beneficial to get Song of Winds and Percussive Song mastery?
Also Song of Winds is for me +4% extra EVA at level 63. Thats not too bad its some damage reduction.

Looking at the Otherworld Hard modes where a lot of damage is going around..

melanmelody

Rank 0
melanmelody
PostedFeb 14, 2014 1:29 am
Hello! I mostly play as a solo Bard/Sorc and I do pretty well for myself.

For me, I don't Fire Spirit and Sleep Totem. I tried it for a time and find the cooldown + damage is pretty bad.

IMO, Ambient Drone works for delaying attacks better than sleep totem because the casting speed is faster too.

For attack, I am super addicted to using Demon Seal + Song of the Full Moon + Blood Seal.
The thing about using Bard/Sorc is knowing that you will probably never be a AoE type so, I focus on luring monsters into a ground around me so I can tank and use Demon Seal.
Song of Full Moon and Blood Seal are great boss skills.

I use Rejuvunation Mantra not as a refresher but as an additional healing tool that stacks with Ballad. (I think)

I still struggle Harmony and Notes since I am more used to playing solo than party but over all, I love using a Bard/Sorc.
As well, the skills are not as flashy so it doesn't hurt me eyes as much.

I hope this input helps.

EtaAK

Rank 2
EtaAK
PostedFeb 14, 2014 2:04 am
Looks good so far but you need to add another information about Reju Mantra: Sorc mains need to cast this on themselves to enable the Curse Seal DoT effect on all their attacks and Bard/Sorc's Reju Mantra will not enable Sorc mains' Curse Seal DoT effect. Basically, if you don't let Sorc mains use Reju Mantra, you're cutting down a significant amount of their damage.

Brangien

Rank 1
PostedFeb 14, 2014 3:17 am   Last edited by Brangien on Feb 14, 2014 3:40 am. Edited 1 time in total
Sneak is terrible, I really do not believe you should be listing that as the primary option for the guide. Anything else you put that point into is better than putting it into Sneak.

Sorc sub is primarily PVP oriented. Song of Winds gives you an iframe and buffs the party's eva by around 5% for people without any Eva in their build. Considering Bards are the #1 target in group PVP, you are wasting a ton of the enemy party's time if you time them correctly. Certainly better than Sneak will ever do you in any situation.

I also do not believe it is smart to take the extra 1% def. 10% crit dmg is better than that, and it could be argued that 15% crit dmg is better than the extra 2% HP. But this is preference, I guess if you aren't PVPing you aren't going to care much about your crit dmg; burst heals are much less useful in PVE. This doesn't really need to be changed, but you didn't even note that the player had potentially superior options.

Overall, this is extremely barebones and as a guide it is currently lacking. You need to be more detailed, and don't show bias towards any particular build if your goal is to be a general guide (and that's the impression I got, but you do seem confused in places). "Cap def but some people like HP" doesn't help anybody, because they don't even know the difference between them if they are new. Either way, HP is the superior defensive stat unless you don't have the gold to afford good equipment, it's not really an opinion. Now that we have more equipment options I think an HP/EVA build is much more workable as well, specifically for PVP purposes. I digress.

I'll post more if I have time/can think of more to add.