ayadreamy

Rank 2
ayadreamy
PostedFeb 12, 2014 9:10 pm

[Guide] The Fireflower Sorcerer

DPS Build focusing on Flame Lotus, Sorc x Wiz
First of all, there's already about a Guide for building a Sorcerer focusing on Flame Impact here http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=2177217 but the TS abandoned it and IMO it needs some tweaks so I would finalize it here.

I. Introduction
Probably the current best answer with the current content (Raids, Sky Tower) for Sorcerer. Building a DPS Sorc focused on Flame Impact or more like Flame Lotus, the upgraded version. Sorcerer are proven to have semi-DPS capabilities only but they do have debuffs on enemies which technically increases their DPS but there is a way to drastically increase this DPS potential which I am gonna explain how, here on this guide.

Note: Do remember that if you really want the most DPS out of a Class is better re-roll to Gunslinger for single target or Wizard for AOEs. With this DPS Build, your Sorcerer would still be a good DPS with good support capabilities in-terms of Debuffs.

II. What Sub-Class to choose?
Your best choice would be only Bard or Wizard but seeing the bonuses of the weapons, the latter is the better choice due to Crit.

III. Envoy Path

The Red Lines will be your priority while the Blue Lines would be less priority. The Ultimates only seem to work well on PVP in-terms of damage but on PVE, you would only want it for the invulnerability frames.

IV. Gears (L50 and Lv65)
Obviously, this build requires you to get as much raw damage as you can as well as getting the Lv65 Accessory set that boosts the damage of your flame elemental skills. I'm still not sure about what kind of set you'll be needing for Lv60 but it should be obvious that you need to use the Dmg Crit HP ones.

Armors Lv50
Aria Set. You need to use Bestial Cores, this is important. You do not necessarily have to be stuck with these armors. It's just a sample on what kind of stats you're looking for.

Accessories Lv50
Comet Set. Obviously, they would give you the best stats for DPS Builds.

Accessories Lv65
Wade, Varis and Sloar. The Accessory set looted from Infernal Abyss. These will be the key to this build so try to get to Lv65 ASAP.

Trophies Lv50 and Lv55
Yellow Toto Trophy and Green Saint Hale. You do not necessarily have to be stuck with these trophies too. It's just a sample on what kind of stats you're looking for.

Weapons
Definitely Zaahir on your Book as it increases Flame Impact by 5 levels. The Staff can be anything which has good proc but best would prolly be the ones crafted by Analisa.

Masteries
Corrosive Shadow, Zeal, Flame Lotus, Courage, Preemptive Strike and Best Defense. Why Flame Lotus instead of Breath of Ashura? As your build is extremely focused on the the impact damage of Flame Impact which is 135% Amplifier, the DoT of Breath of Ashura passive won't be able to outdps the potential DPS increase given by Flame Lotus as every 5% crit rate effectively increases it's DPS by 10% considering you have 300% crit dmg. Flame Lotus will have 15% crit rate boost if you took the upgrade from your Sorc Master and that's a potential 30% DPS increase to Flame Impact, THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. As a debuffer who also decreases the enemy's crit rate, might as well use Preemptive Strike. Best Defense would definitely give you the best stat increase within the few choices on Special Skills passive.

Stats
Defensive - Definitely HP as you would only be concerned on bursts as you won't be tanking all the time. HP has waaay better scaling than Def but Def definitely makes you tankier when against mobs although pumping Def won't save you from getting 1-hit by painful red AOEs.
Offensive - This is where it also gets complicated. You will be lacking alot of Spd due to the DPS gears and Spd is actually very important in this build to be able to spam Flame Lotus. Your best rotation would be DoT 1 > Flame Lotus > DoT 2 > Flame Lotus so far so on and considering this, you will really need the cooldown reduction and animation cancellation which is given by high amount of Spd. I tested that 30% Spd won't cut it but 35~40% will do way better. So taking all these into consideration, Spd should be around 35~40%, Dmg should be Lv30 for 10.5% overall DPS increase and all other remaining stats should go to Crit.

Note: Sadly, I cannot post any stats here as I myself haven't really gone back to using DPS set again due to additional expense and I'm already about to abandon my Sorcerer and main a Katar while waiting for the Rapier class.

V. Extras
Soon~

That's pretty much it for now. Tell me guys if you have any questions or if I did forget some stuff. Thanks for reading!

IGN: Moonlight
Advertisement

ayadreamy

Rank 2
ayadreamy
PostedFeb 12, 2014 9:10 pm
Reserved

KurysFlame

Rank 4
KurysFlame
PostedFeb 13, 2014 1:56 pm
If moving while casting flame lotus, will the attack hit whatever the animation hits? For instance, if I move sideways and miss my target, but the animation hits someone else, will the attack hit that other person? Also, perhaps you could use a black line over the envoy paths we currently do not have access to?

Off topic, but hey! another person looking forward to rapier! Any chance you know anything about how it will play?

"He gave me a severe look over his spectacles and said, as if he thought the words were deadly venom and might kill me, 'You are an untidy person.'" -Jim Butcher A Short Story

ayadreamy

Rank 2
ayadreamy
PostedFeb 13, 2014 2:26 pm
KurysFlame wrote:
If moving while casting flame lotus, will the attack hit whatever the animation hits? For instance, if I move sideways and miss my target, but the animation hits someone else, will the attack hit that other person? Also, perhaps you could use a black line over the envoy paths we currently do not have access to?

Off topic, but hey! another person looking forward to rapier! Any chance you know anything about how it will play?  
It actually DOES hit even if you move too much sometimes which is wierd. Too lazy to edit the Envoy Path XD I'm thinking of EE's Knight back for the Rapier Class, a Crit+Eva Tank and has malice skills.

KurysFlame

Rank 4
KurysFlame
PostedFeb 13, 2014 4:05 pm
Lol, sorry it's off subject. I'm hoping for something similar with lots of DoTs/ stackable buffs and debuffs, getting stronger the longer the fight continues, kind of like he was taking it easy at first. Reminds me of the line in Princes Bride when Inigo Montaya suddenly tells Wesley he isn't left handed.

Back to point, does the skill also hit whatever the animation hits? Or is the aoe line only from where you started moving?

"He gave me a severe look over his spectacles and said, as if he thought the words were deadly venom and might kill me, 'You are an untidy person.'" -Jim Butcher A Short Story

ayadreamy

Rank 2
ayadreamy
PostedFeb 13, 2014 4:07 pm
KurysFlame wrote:
Lol, sorry it's off subject. I'm hoping for something similar with lots of DoTs/ stackable buffs and debuffs, getting stronger the longer the fight continues, kind of like he was taking it easy at first. Reminds me of the line in Princes Bride when Inigo Montaya suddenly tells Wesley he isn't left handed.

Back to point, does the skill also hit whatever the animation hits? Or is the aoe line only from where you started moving?  
Well, X-Legend tends to recycle their Classes and EE's Knight would kinda fit Rapier. Yes, anything hit by the fireball would recieve damage, you can move where you will launch the Fireball but you won't be able to change the angle.

NotInspired

Rank 0
PostedFeb 14, 2014 10:16 pm
ayadreamy wrote:

Weapons
Definitely Zaahir on your Book as it increases Flame Impact by 5 levels. The Staff can be anything which has good proc but best would prolly be the ones crafted by Analisa.  

I wonder which would boost Flame impact's damage more. The Lexicon's +5 lvls to the skill or a Grimoire with the fire element?

ayadreamy

Rank 2
ayadreamy
PostedFeb 14, 2014 11:15 pm
NotInspired wrote:
ayadreamy wrote:

Weapons

I wonder which would boost Flame impact's damage more. The Lexicon's +5 lvls to the skill or a Grimoire with the fire element?  
Actually, Zaahir weapons are flame element by default.

NotInspired

Rank 0
PostedFeb 14, 2014 11:20 pm
ayadreamy wrote:
NotInspired wrote:
ayadreamy wrote:

Weapons

Actually, Zaahir weapons are flame element by default.  

Ah, that settles that then. Nice to know, thanks!

Arch_Demon13

Rank 0
Arch_Demon13
PostedFeb 15, 2014 12:18 am
Dreamy-sama ... why so pro? Shocked
Jokes apart, isn't the flame impact skill animation a tad bit too long? Kinda ruins the fun Rolling Eyes
Soul draw also has a significantly high damage and low CD, although with low skill amplification, but nevertheless can't it be used as a good DPS skill?

I dare you to read the text in blue