VspHyan

Rank 0
VspHyan
PostedFeb 12, 2014 12:53 pm

Rivea's guide on Grenadier/Ravager. Stun or Defense break?

Foreword: My character is at a relatively low level so you might find better equipments at higher levels. I'm open to suggestions to make this guide better.

Pros: Strong damage per hit, decent crit rate, high crit damage
Cons: Defense is low, Ravager's Round and Round 1% drain is NOT activated, Difficult to fight Evasion type characters in PVP

Grenadiers are more or less rare as it is and I've never seen a Grenadier/Ravager even once so I decided to try it. As you all know, Grenadiers and Ravagers are the two classes with the highest damage per hit. Hence, making a grenadier/ravager means that you will have to sacrifice defense completely.

Okay, first of all, here's my character

Note: This is a versus boss build. For general use, you might want to use a normal Fia trophy instead of the crafted one.

Note: You can hit 45% crit rate via equipment/envoy path only but I invested some to reach 50% anyway

And here's the Envoy path

Note: You can swap attack swiftness to battle tactics to increase damage per hit early. I'm planning to take them when I get enough envoy path

Now let's see the masteries

So as you can see, you can make your grenadier/ravager either a stun type or defense break type. Defense break type gives you a more offensive approach towards enemies; thus increasing DPS. Stunning gives you more survivability, which this class combo greatly lacks. The choice is yours.

Oh, I don't know if anyone is interested but the source of Crit damages are:

Trophy:
-Shard of Toto's Water Blade (15%)
-Fia's Fairy Dust (10%)
-Fia's Brilliant Fairy Dust (25% versus boss)

Secret Stones:
-Destroying prefix on 2 weapons and 5 main equipments, giving 6% each, meaning 42% total. Note that, I advice to get SSs with either vs Flame +7% or vs Ice +7% damage as well. Fire may be obvious; for Zaahir's dungeon. I'm not sure when this will be implemented but there will also be another dungeon similar to IA, which is Nazrudin's. Basically the ice version of IA.

Accessories:
-As of today's patch, Comet set gives you 10% crit damage as well

Source of Crit rate:

Armours:
-Get cores with the Stalking prefix before creating your DPS set. Stalking gives you 1% crit and 1% def. At level 50, I recommend gathering the aria set recipes. I'm not sure about the level 60, sorry.

Envoy path:
-3x Weak Point Analysis 1 = 0.8x3 = 2.4%
-2x Weak Point Analysis 2 = 1.6x2 = 3.2%
-1x Weak Point Analysis 3 = 3.2%
Total: 8.8%

Weapons:
-Most axes give 5% crit rate; Jordan's Cleaver (Level 50 gold weapon) gives 3%

You have just wasted your time reading this signature
Advertisement

okm_freedom

Rank 0
PostedFeb 13, 2014 6:32 am
comet set patch to add 10% crit dmg? is instance add?

fishyfuzz

Rank 0
fishyfuzz
PostedFeb 13, 2014 11:56 am
^ Comet set does indeed give 10% crit dmg to your overall stats.

Anyways, good job taking your time writin a Guide. Smile
Theres's just a few things I'd like to bring up for discussion and don't exactly agree with. It's what these things are for, aight? ^_^

Personally, I feel you're wasting your Envoy points a bit. Any reason why you're not picking up the +1 range and 10ACC ones? The acc is useful even for PvE. You put a point into 2%+ dmg in cannon only, instead of +2% dmg overall etc. Not sure why.

Using Reyva's Envoy Simulator, this is what I would use:

With 19 points available as lvl 58, this is imo the maximum dmg you'll get out of your envoy path I think. You could switch +1dmg & 2x +2% dmg envoy points for atk speed and cd if you wanna go that way though, but not worth it imo. I think the 10acc and +1 range is too good to give up on as well. I also personally prefer 1.6% crit dmg to the extra 2+% cannon dmg (seing as it's the weakest tier of the +% dmg to cannon only).

I also like the Fia choice, one I went with myself. the +25% crit dmg vs bosses is really nice. I'm unsure about the choice of subclass though, but it's surely interesting. Since you chose to go that way, I guess you end up using Fiery Grenade + Icy Grenade into Round and Round at AoE encounters. Non-speed build that would be above 22 seconds, which I'm not sure how useful it is, considering you're so squishy and usually don't want to go into melee.

1) A question regarding that tho, how much do you get healed each second? 1+% of dmg, that's 1/3 of a lifesteal core and nocturnal weapon. 300-400 per sec for one mob? It's probably a lot more useful with bigger groups, but very risky to go into melee range. Usually you want to stay far away as Grenadier.

Interesting choice though. Always nice with something refreshing. It certainly boosts your AoE dmg if you dont die.

Grenadier - Chimera

nightbringer09

Rank 5
nightbringer09
PostedFeb 13, 2014 2:28 pm
fishyfuzz wrote:

Theres's just a few things I'd like to bring up for discussion and don't exactly agree with. It's what these things are for, aight? ^_^

Personally, I feel you're wasting your Envoy points a bit. Any reason why you're not picking up the +1 range and 10ACC ones? The acc is useful even for PvE. You put a point into 2%+ dmg in cannon only, instead of +2% dmg overall etc. Not sure why.

With 19 points available as lvl 58, this is imo the maximum dmg you'll get out of your envoy path I think. You could switch +1dmg & 2x +2% dmg envoy points for atk speed and cd if you wanna go that way though, but not worth it imo. I think the 10acc and +1 range is too good to give up on as well. I also personally prefer 1.6% crit dmg to the extra 2+% cannon dmg (seing as it's the weakest tier of the +% dmg to cannon only).

I also like the Fia choice, one I went with myself. the +25% crit dmg vs bosses is really nice. I'm unsure about the choice of subclass though, but it's surely interesting. Since you chose to go that way, I guess you end up using Fiery Grenade + Icy Grenade into Round and Round at AoE encounters. Non-speed build that would be above 22 seconds, which I'm not sure how useful it is, considering you're so squishy and usually don't want to go into melee.

1) A question regarding that tho, how much do you get healed each second? 1+% of dmg, that's 1/3 of a lifesteal core and nocturnal weapon. 300-400 per sec for one mob? It's probably a lot more useful with bigger groups, but very risky to go into melee range. Usually you want to stay far away as Grenadier.

Interesting choice though. Always nice with something refreshing. It certainly boosts your AoE dmg if you dont die.  

my envoy is just ridiculously weird, I went for all eva points, 2 of the hp points, the 5% dmg to hp and a 2% def cuz of my eva build.
However to increase hp and dmg I would recommend hales trophy

If you are a rich person for anyone who wants crit dmg at lv55+ here's some gears I would recommend (only bosses name and type): Frederic cape (if you want eva) however I do not know the full dps crit dmg cloak, hales ring and Murfeo's necklace. Like I said only get these if you are rich.

Alixe: EE/AK/EOS/DH 73/70/53/40

fishyfuzz

Rank 0
fishyfuzz
PostedFeb 13, 2014 3:34 pm
nightbringer09 wrote:
fishyfuzz wrote:

my envoy is just ridiculously weird, I went for all eva points, 2 of the hp points, the 5% dmg to hp and a 2% def cuz of my eva build.

If you are a rich person for anyone who wants crit dmg at lv55+ here's some gears I would recommend (only bosses name and type): Frederic cape (if you want eva) however I do not know the full dps crit dmg cloak, hales ring and Murfeo's necklace. Like I said only get these if you are rich.  

I highly suggest reseting your points, and put them into what I suggested. Without going a full EVA build it's useless to get those envoy points. Also, the 5% dmg to hp is not worth going for atm if you're not picking up -15% crit dmg for PvP and can just "pick it up coz you dont have anything better to get". Without capping EVA, or at least have 80%, then no. And I dont suggest going EVA build as Gren either, even though I'm very much interested in testing one in PvP. But then again, PvE > PvP in this game sadly.

The main reason you want the Comets set is because of the 10% crit dmg and set bonus.

Grenadier - Chimera

nightbringer09

Rank 5
nightbringer09
PostedFeb 13, 2014 4:32 pm
fishyfuzz wrote:
nightbringer09 wrote:
fishyfuzz wrote:

I highly suggest reseting your points, and put them into what I suggested. Without going a full EVA build it's useless to get those envoy points. Also, the 5% dmg to hp is not worth going for atm if you're not picking up -15% crit dmg for PvP and can just "pick it up coz you dont have anything better to get". Without capping EVA, or at least have 80%, then no. And I dont suggest going EVA build as Gren either, even though I'm very much interested in testing one in PvP. But then again, PvE > PvP in this game sadly.

The main reason you want the Comets set is because of the 10% crit dmg and set bonus.  

I went dmg to hp from crit dmg taken and I took that point cause of the hp it gives (for me it gives 2.5k compared to 2% which is around 400)

Alixe: EE/AK/EOS/DH 73/70/53/40

VspHyan

Rank 0
VspHyan
PostedFeb 18, 2014 7:38 pm
fishyfuzz wrote:

Yeah my Envoy had a bit of a blunder. I might change in a bit. Though I'm not sure how 10% acc is useful. The +1 range is okay but you can live wihout it. Btw, only Ravagers get healed by Round and Round. When you sub a Rava, you won't heal even 1 HP. Nocturnal core is recommended to survive.

The reason I'm trying this build is because no one has ever tried it before. That's why I'm gonna test it. It's still far from perfect of course. But the thing is, grenadier by itself is already an all-around class so whichever you choose will only increase the usefulness of one point.

You have just wasted your time reading this signature