zentangelous

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
zentangelous
PostedFeb 11, 2014 11:45 am   Last edited by zentangelous on Feb 11, 2014 11:55 am. Edited 3 times in total

Zents Guide, So you want to be a kirito?

A duelist/Ravager story,. And please if you use my build, tell people were you got it from.
Before i begin. I would like to say. Not everyone should have the same build, and not having the same build is what makes us unique. Should you choose to follow my instructions i simply ask you attempt to apply your own twist to it, make yourself unique. There is nothing more dry then the same copy and paste build.

Now with my build.
First off i will show my base stats with only a 5% eidolon buff. I am also using the mastery Buff Courage T2 which increases my hp by 5%.

This next picture will show my gear set.

(Yes all my gear slots have 5% exp as the core bonus)

Now pay close attention. my stone gives me -2% damage taken and 6% crit dmg. All points are in Crit for offensive, and all points are in Defense for the defensive stats.

Most people ask, "Why do you have crit when your damage is so low" The answer to this question is simple. DOTS (damage over time spells)
DOTS deal whats called True damage in all forms of PVE and does reduced dmg in PVE. (approximately 25% i.e a 1000 dmg DOT hits for 250 dmg in pve)

Because of this dOTS actually have a chance to Crit Every time they Tick.
So with high crit dmg your DOTS deal more dmg thus increasing your dmg output.

THE REASON I DO SO MUCH DMG IS BECAUSE DOTS ARE EFFECTED BY CRIT DAMAGE
So why would a class that has the most dots in a game need to build dmg? The answer is. We dont.
All of your dmg comes from your dots however as a Great BARD friend of mine once said. A Dead DPS is no DPS.
So the only true way for a duelist to do dmg is to live. This is were my build idea originated.

As you can see on my Axe and my helm linked above. They each have +340 HP This adds to overall Base HP. So why is that so important?
The reason being is that the % hp bonus from wings i.e2%, requiem set i.e1% per piece. And both my weapons giving 8% all snowball from that Base hp. The hp gained from +%hp buffs DO NOT effect each other. This goes to say if i have 1000 base hp and 10% bonus from gear. My hp will be 1100, NOT 1010+ 1%+1%+1%+1%. Seems minimal but with 40k HP this does impact it allot.

Now please direct your attention to the bottom right. The Detailed List. Take note my Crit DMG is 206%

Here my crit dmg is listed AS 236% this is because it included the bonus from my envoy path, WHICH IS HIDDEN.

Also take note of my 51% Evasion that most duelists pride themselves on.

My envoy path.
This skill is greatly underestimated. Born of Desperation.
The duelist Envoy tree gives a class bonus of 15% eva, +eva from weapons + eva from my envoy path + Eva from my requiem Set. Yields 51% (WITH A LVL 50 SET!) all that combined with this Great Skill Born of Desperation (BOD) Will give me

81% evasion. when my hp drops below 40%, AND IT REAPPLY'S EVERY TIME IM HIT.
With a Level 60 set you can easily get 70% eva with NO POINTS in eva at all, thus having YOUR EVA CAPPED with born of desperation.

So, you can survive hits because ur tanky and not get 1 shot, u still get your max eva, and you can still do damage with your dots? Whats there to lose?!?!

Wait, you only have 58% Def... why dont you die?  

Remember that stone listed on top? well heres my secret. With lvl 50 gear obv im going to lose allot of % Def because im 15 levels over it. Thats to be expected. (mind you all my gear is 108%, 115, 109, 115, 112 in that order).

Check this Tab out, my defensive Tree.

As you can See Boss and elite DMG is GREATLY reduced by a whopping 37%! and yes folks, THIS STACKS WITH MY 51% DMG REDUCTION
So lets say a mob hits me for 1500 dmg. 51% less of that is ~750 - an additional 37%.

Why Ravanger Zent? The stat bonuses from the axe, the combat style, the combo skills, everything about ravanger i love. How the skill synergy works is something i love greatly.
Advertisement

zentangelous

zentangelous
PostedFeb 11, 2014 11:47 am   Last edited by zentangelous on Feb 22, 2014 2:20 pm. Edited 1 time in total
Video of me soloing WT Hard

Heres some proof, that my build works. If you have any questions about my skills what im doing or anything else concerning my build Ask.

If you want help making your own build Ask.

UPDATED PICS OF MY NEW SET/BUILD
my stats with basic food buffs/eidolon out

my basic defensive stats, same food buffs eidolon out

my stats when i have purple lightning activated

All my stones are 6% crit -2% dmg taken

michelekuri

Rank 0
michelekuri
PostedFeb 11, 2014 8:01 pm
nice and gud guide Smile
now i'd like to try duelist now , but i may have another option at envoy or other things later on

so... on stats ur focusing on CRIT for offensive, and DEF for Defensive . all of 'em ?

zentangelous

zentangelous
PostedFeb 11, 2014 8:03 pm
michelekuri wrote:
nice and gud guide Smile
now i'd like to try duelist now , but i may have another option at envoy or other things later on

so... on stats ur focusing on CRIT for offensive, and DEF for Defensive . all of 'em ?  

When using level 50 gear i had to pump all my pts into defense. Level 50 gear is really lacking when your 65 :/. Well see what level 60 gear has to offer.

HKlegacy

Rank 2
HKlegacy
PostedFeb 11, 2014 8:04 pm   Last edited by HKlegacy on Feb 11, 2014 8:07 pm. Edited 1 time in total
Why don't you have any SPD to maximize dots?

Also, I've been looking for an answer to this question for a while:

My envoy path.
This skill is greatly underestimated. Born of Desperation.
The duelist Envoy tree gives a class bonus of 15% eva, +eva from weapons + eva from my envoy path + Eva from my requiem Set. Yields 51% (WITH A LVL 50 SET!) all that combined with this Great Skill Born of Desperation (BOD) Will give me

81% evasion. when my hp drops below 40%, AND IT REAPPLY'S EVERY TIME IM HIT.
With a Level 60 set you can easily get 70% eva with NO POINTS in eva at all, thus having YOUR EVA CAPPED with born of desperation.  

Is there a cooldown between when Born of Desperation can toggle? Or do you mean it's always up below 40% HP when you say "reapplys ever ytime I'm hit.

zentangelous

zentangelous
PostedFeb 11, 2014 8:06 pm
HKlegacy wrote:
Why don't you have any SPD to maximize dots?  

Tank gear actually supplied speed. before i was 65 i had over 30% speed. As i leveled tho my speed drooped. Again with level 60 gear this will be fixed.

Please keep in mind as you level you do technically lose %s on your stats due to the cap being greater.

maokrebbs

Rank 0
maokrebbs
PostedFeb 11, 2014 8:33 pm
Great build! Always have wanted to see a beefy duelist on top of rav. sub
I do fine with 28k hp and aria set in wt hm, same stat allocation and gs sub :3c

Tsuki_Dono

Rank 1
Tsuki_Dono
PostedFeb 11, 2014 8:48 pm
I really do think this is a nice guide, most duelist seems to not take advantage of the -DMG% things out there. You could be tanky if you know what to build on. Evade itself only helps if you aren't hit, but for -DMG%, nonetheless will help more since it helps reduces any incoming damage if your evade fails you.

Evade can only help so much but -DMG% on the other hand helps in all types of situations. DEF helps but you don't need to really cap it since the DEF% is only for the the monsters of the same level as you, but more def is still better than none. The higher level the mob the lower the % is. I'm not saying it's bad to keep DEF% high, I'm just saying that with -DMG% build, it'll cut XX% of DMG for any level. So even facing a monster of higher level, the -DMG% be very beneficial.

Kudos for showing how Duelist can be built to tank~ Cheers.

Click siggy to view my fan art thread! (Inactive)

Jazteer

Rank 0
PostedFeb 11, 2014 8:55 pm
I have a question,which equipment should I get for my duelist so that I have enough hp so I don't die too fast and also where can I get it?, Thanks in advance.

Edit: Forgot to add my lvl, I am currently lvl 54.

zentangelous

zentangelous
PostedFeb 11, 2014 9:04 pm
Jazteer wrote:
I have a question,which equipment should I get for my duelist so that I have enough hp so I don't die too fast and also where can I get it?, Thanks in advance.

Edit: Forgot to add my lvl, I am currently lvl 54.  

Hp isnt whats going to cause you to live longer belive it or not. heres why.

If saints hale does 40k dmg to me. i lower it by 58% (had he been level 65)
so 40,000- 58% = 16800 now if i factor in my 37% boss dmg reduction

so 16800- 37% = 10584

so i just turned what would have been 40,000 damage into 10584 damage. practically 1 fourth

Had i only had hp and low resistances that 40k wouldn't have been lowered very much. The key here is defense. Not HP