ohpzson

Rank 0
PostedFeb 10, 2014 6:50 pm

cpu k

should i get an AMD fx 8350 eight core (4.0 ghz) or an i5 3570k. the AMD one is 200 dollars the i5 is 230. im to lazy to search benchmarks and **** so guide me pls wise aeria gurus
Advertisement

Jxxs

Rank 5
Jxxs
PostedFeb 10, 2014 6:52 pm
In my opinion, Intel rarely has botched products, so I would go with them even though it is more. I have heard things about AMD that make me not want to use their CPUs.

cairov3.u

Rank 3
cairov3.u
PostedFeb 10, 2014 8:30 pm
Jxxs wrote:
In my opinion, Intel rarely has botched products, so I would go with them even though it is more. I have heard things about AMD that make me not want to use their CPUs.  

I would agree with jx, but to a certain degree, AMD processors can seem more befitting. First off future games will require more "cores" than "threads" so for one thing, AMD processors are future proof.

Second, they're always less expensive than their respective intel counterpart. For example, if you have an i7 4770k that has 4 cores and enabled hyperthreading, your motherboard reads it as an 8 core processor. But take an FX9350 that has 8 physical cores, rather than virtual ones (by hyperthreading) the AMD processor would run games like BF4 or crisis just little bit better than intel.

Also there's the issue with ram usage efficiency and how fast every physical core is on its own, etc, etc. It all comes down to personal preference.

Given what I told you just now, I'm still an intel person because I like their products' durability a little bit better. And since I only play AVA "future-proofing" isn't an issue for me. Good luck choosing!

If you'd like more info on tech-related issues, check out my tech thread in my sig.

0xg0ldpk3rx0

Rank 4
0xg0ldpk3rx0
PostedFeb 10, 2014 8:32 pm
cairov3.u wrote:
Jxxs wrote:

I would agree with jx, but to a certain degree, AMD processors can seem more befitting. First off future games will require more "cores" than "threads" so for one thing, AMD processors are future proof.

Second, they're always less expensive than their respective intel counterpart. For example, if you have an i7 4770k that has 4 cores and enabled hyperthreading, your motherboard reads it as an 8 core processor. But take an FX9350 that has 8 physical cores, rather than virtual ones (by hyperthreading) the AMD processor would run games like BF4 or crisis just little bit better than intel.

Also there's the issue with ram usage efficiency and how fast every physical core is on its own, etc, etc. It all comes down to personal preference.

Given what I told you just now, I'm still an intel person because I like their products' durability a little bit better. And since I only play AVA "future-proofing" isn't an issue for me. Good luck choosing!

If you'd like more info on tech-related issues, check out my tech thread in my sig.  

you just called something future proof