fall71034816

Rank 0
PostedFeb 10, 2014 7:36 am

Help with bard

Hey guys!
I am Brazilian and I'm starting today in the kingdom aura, like a help to build a bard focused on support, I am new to the game if they can make it detailed would be grateful!
Thank you guys XD
Advertisement

xChiimomo

Rank 0
xChiimomo
PostedFeb 10, 2014 8:40 am
http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=2171057
http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=2142489

The first thread is HealYouLoli. I agree with her build and she provides some useful luring information. I am a Bard/Sorc myself, so I found it helpful. The second one is Muse. She is a Bard/Wiz and provides a very in depth on effects of certain stats on each skill. Overall, a general rule is 50% spd then stack crit. Def vs HP is a preference, but I find HP more effective for mobbing and luring. Sorcerer sub is full support, jsyk Smile

Yusakuu

Rank 1
Yusakuu
PostedFeb 11, 2014 8:48 pm
Bard/Sorc is not anymore of a support than Bard/Wiz; stop spreading false information.

Everyone knows Wizard is a better subclass for Bard @PvE.. Why is it so hard for the sorc subs to accept that?

dqtriet93

Rank 0
PostedFeb 11, 2014 9:30 pm
Yusakuu wrote:
Bard/Sorc is not anymore of a support than Bard/Wiz; stop spreading false information.

Everyone knows Wizard is a better subclass for Bard @PvE.. Why is it so hard for the sorc subs to accept that?  

Because Bard/Sorc is the lazy version of Bard which requires 0 skill to function so these people will try to protect their lazy way to play the game and dub it "Full Support xD". Bard/Wiz in the hand of skilled players is vastly superior. In TW version, Bard/Sorc has no place in endgame dungeon runs and raids because of their pitiful scaling especially when Nightmare Totem is getting nerfed to ground and Aelius can provide low CD party-wide cleanse.

Sure, it's your choice to pick Bard/Sorc but it doesn't change the fact that their entire kit falls off lategame and boy does it fall off hard.

acemaloof

Rank 2
acemaloof
PostedFeb 11, 2014 10:51 pm
xChiimomo wrote:
http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=2171057
http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=2142489

The first thread is HealYouLoli. I agree with her build and she provides some useful luring information. I am a Bard/Sorc myself, so I found it helpful. The second one is Muse. She is a Bard/Wiz and provides a very in depth on effects of certain stats on each skill. Overall, a general rule is 50% spd then stack crit. Def vs HP is a preference, but I find HP more effective for mobbing and luring. Sorcerer sub is full support, jsyk Smile  

Ignore these wiz noobs. They just throw out their opinions and hate speak sorc all day. If you are not sure then take chichi's advice and read the guides and decide from those Smile

CoralMina

Rank 0
PostedFeb 11, 2014 11:03 pm
I'm currently playing the TW version of AK on Apollo server and it's true that most Bard/Sorc over here are switching over to Bard/Wiz because Nightmare Totem's getting nerfed so hard that even Sorc mains are quitting. It's rare for me to run into Bard/Sorc at level 68 these days. It's really nice though because Bard/Wiz can perma CC a huge group of monster for my party to safely clear while Bard/Sorc is now crippled due to Nightmare Totem's nerf.

jonquiqui

Rank 2
jonquiqui
PostedFeb 11, 2014 11:03 pm
bard/sorc isnt full support

theyre both full support but wiz is better

from what i understand sorc is an awful offhand and if theres another sorc in the PT ur sorc are completely useless

bard/wiz brings support that is just as good if not better(people could easily argue its better) and they bring some dmg support(not that is matters but if theres another wiz/sorc u arent useless)

do a PT on a class that isnt a bard and run with bard/wiz and bard/sorc. assuming theyre equally geared and know around the same stuff the bard/wiz runs will be easier for u

only hipsters and PvP noobs go bard/sorc

CoralMina wrote:
I'm currently playing the TW version of AK on Apollo server and it's true that most Bard/Sorc over here are switching over to Bard/Wiz because Nightmare Totem's getting nerfed so hard that even Sorc mains are quitting. It's rare for me to run into Bard/Sorc at level 68 these days. It's really nice though because Bard/Wiz can perma CC a huge group of monster for my party to safely clear while Bard/Sorc is now crippled due to Nightmare Totem's nerf.  

how does bard/wiz perm CC?

Ambient drone 6ish sec cd 3 sec stun
Instant thunder 15.1(?) sec cd 3 sec stun

dqtriet93

Rank 0
PostedFeb 11, 2014 11:16 pm
jonquiqui wrote:

how does bard/wiz perm CC?

Ambient drone 6ish sec cd 3 sec stun
Instant thunder 15.1(?) sec cd 3 sec stun  

CC =/= stun

You can keep a group of monster in one place with: Ambient Drone(3s stun) -> Instant Thunder(3s stun) -> Ambient Drone(3s stun) -> Ice Storm(3s Root) -> Ambient Drone -> Instant Thunder -> Repeat. Which mean that your ranged DPS will be 100% safe from melee mobs.

All these skills have reliable CC and shorter CD than Nightmare Totem. Nightmare Totem also loses its CC when enemies got hit.

Labbit.S2

Rank 2
Labbit.S2
PostedFeb 11, 2014 11:16 pm
Well, if you, OP, had searched through the forums for a guide, this would've been unnecessary.
Ace is a firm defender of Bard/Sorcerer and anything else is inferior in his opinion, which is his opinion.

acemaloof

Rank 2
acemaloof
PostedFeb 11, 2014 11:25 pm
You guys are all right. I mean everyone has aelius, and I mean hey, screw it. Who even needs bard? Just take merilee. CC pffft just have your wiz and sorc do that in the party. Why do we even play bard?