broken415

Rank 4
broken415
PostedFeb 08, 2014 7:19 pm

Katar sub class

whats a good sub class for katar if i wanna do mix of pve/pvp
Hi guys!

So when katar comes out, I definitely want to make one. I'm more of a pve/pvp type of person. I'm not really sure what is a good subclass for katar if I want to be more geared towards pve/pvp. If anyone got any suggestions, please do tell. If you can, give a reason why you believe which subclass would be best for katar pve/pvp. It would help me a lot! Thanks Very Happy

Retired
Advertisement

Kenjichu

Rank 3
Kenjichu
PostedFeb 08, 2014 7:21 pm
Guardian.
Build it tanky.

You are offically an off-tank, better than a Bard. Cool

But I mean, what kind of play style do you have?

Nudist Beach or Die.

broken415

Rank 4
broken415
PostedFeb 08, 2014 7:23 pm
Yea, I was thinking of doing guardian as a subclass, but then I hear people saying its better to have a dps for subclass for katar. I mean I'm not that into pvp (was never good at it) but I do like to participate in Arena and would like to get kills. But I also want to survive well in dungeons and still deal a fair amount of damage.

Retired

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
PostedFeb 08, 2014 7:27 pm
Katar is a sustained DPS class, on it's own it has great sustain. So you don't really need a guardian sub to keep up with it.

End-game, an overly well gear Katar/Duelist is really nice.

Katar/Gunslinger is also really nice with the crit and traps, PvP wise.

Katar/Ravager has some nice combo's. The leap is nice with the Katar's boosted crit.

broken415

Rank 4
broken415
PostedFeb 08, 2014 7:32 pm
Hmm, Katar/duelist and katar/gunslinger seem pretty interesting. Only thing I don't like about katar/duelist is it seems like its going to be costly lol. Oh yea, what would also be a good eidolon for katar/gunslinger or katar/duelist?