MechaAffection

Rank 0
MechaAffection
PostedFeb 08, 2014 6:56 pm

Which bard build has the best advantage overall

Defence Bard, Evasion Bard, or HP bard??
I want to cap speed, but I don't know where to put the def points yet....Def,Eva,or HP?Please Help! Embarassed

AK:Hydra
Advertisement

acemaloof

Rank 2
acemaloof
PostedFeb 08, 2014 9:25 pm

Re: Which bard build has the best advantage overall

MechaAffection wrote:
I want to cap speed, but I don't know where to put the def points yet....Def,Eva,or HP?Please Help! Embarassed  

Always def unless capped, try reading a guide for your class for better answers

Labbit.S2

Rank 2
Labbit.S2
PostedFeb 08, 2014 9:43 pm

acemaloof wrote:
MechaAffection wrote:

Heard that defense isn't as useful as HP in PvP and Infernal Abyss though.

acemaloof

Rank 2
acemaloof
PostedFeb 08, 2014 9:57 pm

Labbit.S2 wrote:
acemaloof wrote:
MechaAffection wrote:

Def always beats hp when taking multiple hits. In pvp you will be focused and die no matter what, with def you die slower, in infernal you shouldnt ever die unless your team all dies first.

Prognosticate.

Rank 0
PostedFeb 08, 2014 11:43 pm

acemaloof wrote:
Labbit.S2 wrote:
acemaloof wrote:
MechaAffection wrote:

Def always beats hp when taking multiple hits. In pvp you will be focused and die no matter what, with def you die slower, in infernal you shouldnt ever die unless your team all dies first.  

With HP you also die slower.

acemaloof

Rank 2
acemaloof
PostedFeb 09, 2014 12:05 am
No, because you take more damage per hit so die faster

Prognosticate.

Rank 0
PostedFeb 09, 2014 12:12 am
acemaloof wrote:

... ok.

But if you want to think about it like that -- HP can actually be better than defense, depending on your defense percentage before adding points.

Labbit.S2

Rank 2
Labbit.S2
PostedFeb 09, 2014 1:41 am
Prognosticate. wrote:
acemaloof wrote:

... ok.
But if you want to think about it like that -- HP can actually be better than defense, depending on your defense percentage before adding points.  

Well, the last topic ace was in there was a huge drama over how he didn't provide evidence to back up his opinions.
Anyways, I've tried running defense and just switched to HP recently. Have to switch subclass too before I'm willing to test PvP out.

khnareshsingh

Rank 0
khnareshsingh
PostedFeb 09, 2014 9:02 pm

Def gives advantage early in game but latter on when you have enough gear to cover up your def and cap it, its always better to reset stats to hp, until then sticking to def is better. The reason is early on if your heals cannot keep up properly with your hp, you will have less time healing your team and will have to focus on keeping yourself alive but def reduces the threat and aoe heals can easily keep you going.
But as the level gets higher other player will have access to better equipment and most of all multiple dps skills, at this moment you will have to heavily rely on equipment to provide the overall def and invest all the points to hp to counter the dps threat, even bard/sorc can only remove one debuff at a time it cannot handle multiple dps unless it has decent hp latter on.

jonquiqui

Rank 2
jonquiqui
PostedFeb 10, 2014 12:35 am
Atm I am HP build but I have been thinking of switching over to DEF to give it a try

i still think HP will be better in skytower because from what I understand monsters will outlvl me so my def wont be so good anyways but def gonna give both a try and see how I like them vs each other after i +9 my armor