phonybrony

Rank 0
phonybrony
PostedFeb 06, 2014 11:10 am

Katar/Ravager or Ravager/Katar??

I know its probably been discussed somewhere but I am absolutely dreadful at navigating forums. The title speaks for itself. I have narrowed it down between those two classes but am having trouble decideing the order. Any comments would be nice Very Happy
Advertisement

pfgaming27

Rank 3
pfgaming27
PostedFeb 06, 2014 11:26 am
Check my Katar/Ravager build on my Signature! Maybe you'll like it :3

Server: Siren | Guild: Lumina | IGN: PF | Class: WB/GS | Level: 5X

phonybrony

Rank 0
phonybrony
PostedFeb 06, 2014 11:55 am
Ya i happened to have read that post before, but it doesnt really answer the question of which would be more useful. Like what would a katar really gain from having a ravager as their sub and vice versa. Like if you went Rav/Katar would get the AoE damage of a Rav, but also get the buffs of the katar, but if you did Katar/Rav what would you gain? Katars dont really need any more AoE attacks since they have plenty, and ravagers have almost the least amount of DoTs so youre not gaining there either. Just curious

pfgaming27

Rank 3
pfgaming27
PostedFeb 06, 2014 12:18 pm
OH! My bad.

Well I've been saying that getting Katar as a sub will make you lose a lot of advantage compare to getting it as a main.

Katar's envoy path is really amazing.
Katar's need its low CD skills for faster charges thus, getting him as a sub will make his charges...Charge slower.

Katar/Rav is a really strong PvE combination. If you want to 1v1 PvP, just focus on the Katar skills alone. It will be enough to kill someone in a duel. And if you want Arenas...Just combine their skills depending on the situation.

zTriggerHappy

Rank 1
zTriggerHappy
PostedFeb 06, 2014 12:50 pm
Katar/Gunslinger sounds much better, in theory. Blitz -> trap is a very strong opener for PVP. In PVE, the SPD buff can allow you to get your skills going very much quicker, which is great for the concept of charge-stacking.

pfgaming27

Rank 3
pfgaming27
PostedFeb 06, 2014 12:51 pm
zTriggerHappy wrote:
Katar/Gunslinger sounds much better, in theory. Blitz -> trap is a very strong opener for PVP. In PVE, the SPD buff can allow you to get your skills going very much quicker, which is great for the concept of charge-stacking.  

Yeah that sounds cool as well. Any sub can work for Katar anyway. It's still coming to game and anything can be a meta if played right.