EternalNyte

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
PostedFeb 01, 2014 2:14 pm   Last edited by EternalNyte on Feb 01, 2014 8:08 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Ravager/Sorcerer for Nubs

Like you and me... mostly me :c
Let's talk briefly about Rav/Sorc and why it may or may not work for you.

Ravager on its own is a heavy hitting class that needs 0 extra points in SPD to fully utilize its skill set. This means that no matter which subclass you choose, your own skill set will always be available and is usually the most effective in all PVE situations.

Which leads to the question, "Which subclass should I choose?"

In my opinion, a Ravager should choose a more utility based subclass that:
1) Has useful applications
2) Has low cooldowns on the majority of skills
3) Has a weapon with a good and useful proc. (as Ravager is more an AoE class proc)

This brought me to Sorcerer Sub because of it's decent sustain and high amount of CC and overall party synergy.

Pros:

• High Crit/Crit Dmg
  • High overall Dmg (Reliable Dmg and Dmg stat)
  • Moderate AoE Damage
  • Reliable CC for PvP situations (Sleep totem and ranged Immobilize)
  • Decent Sustain from R&R, Devour Soul, Blood Seal, and Rejuv Mantra

Cons:

• Sorc Skills become useless if there is a sorc in your party that is your level -2 (aka 60 rav/sorc < 58 Sorc/?)
  • DoTs won't tick as fast because of low SPD stat
  • High Aggro gain from DoTs and natural high dmg and crits
    (I'm sure there are more but I'm tired and can't think)

Stat Build:
Offensive: Full Crit...fornow..

Defensive: Full def or Mix HP/Def.
Full Defense will keep the incoming damage much lower but your effective HP pool may not hold up against later content.
HP/Def will give you a much larger HP pool to work with but you will also take more damage from enemies.

My Nab Stats:

Proc stats are COMING EVENTUALLY! when I'm not lazy... >_>

Axe: As far as axe choice goes Zaahir, Giant Jordan, and the one shown below all work. With preference being Zaahir (if you have it) or the 60 green.

Book: Proc says it all, Crit/Crit damage for you and your allies. If you aren't 60 the 50 Yellow book is <3. However, if you find yourself running with another sorc or sorc sub, I'd recommend having a book with a different proc because it makes you just that much more useful.

Armor: Aria Set.. solazytoputimages jk igotthis... fear my nab armor .. kinda >_> only 2 pieces but I don't want too much space taken up. My set is all +9ed except the Coat which is +11.

Accessories: Comet Set. Naturally builds into a crit based class and has a hidden 10% Crit DMG bonus attached to it.

Trophies:

Envoy: Prickliness to afk farm, yes it's stupid but I end up having to afk a lot. Otherwise, Determination (the circled one >_>) since -15% crit damage taken is always good.

Masteries:

Tactical might change if you coordinate with your party and don't stack them.
General Skill might switch depending on your preference, I prefer DoT damage but some might choose the stun or even augment the Immobilize or lifesteal skill

Eidolon: Bel-Chandra or Uzuriel because of their Crit/Crit Dmg buff

Food: Any with Double/Triple Damage, the Crit/Crit DMG food or the Crit/+Dmg to flame
targets. (My personal pick is the double/triple damage food)

Drink: Personally I like any with +HP for a bit more survivability

Secret Stones: Golden w/ Destroyer Prefix (+6% Crit DMG) or Godly Prefix (+3% ACC)

Combat Log: EVENTUALLY! ....... iLazy
Advertisement

Desparae

Rank 5
Desparae
PostedFeb 01, 2014 3:21 pm
Ares <3 ilu

rexzshadow

Rank 2
PostedFeb 01, 2014 5:10 pm
what + is your set coz I got my full Aria set to +5 and I have like 44 points i def and still not like hitting 50% on def at 55 =\

doniyen.error

Rank 0
PostedFeb 01, 2014 5:17 pm
can you share your opinion on choosing lvl 60 axe ?
the one you use and the other axe that have chance to increase damage
which one is better ?

deshido

Rank 0
deshido
PostedFeb 01, 2014 6:57 pm
Yay finally a guide for rav/sorcs ^-^

Desrae - Phoenix Sorc. [Aura Kingdom] Desrae - Paradox Cleric. [Dragomon Hunter]

EternalNyte

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
PostedFeb 01, 2014 7:52 pm
rexzshadow wrote:
what + is your set coz I got my full Aria set to +5 and I have like 44 points i def and still not like hitting 50% on def at 55 =\  

My set is fully +9 with the coat at +11. Not the best percentages either but I've been rather unlucky with crafting.

doniyen.error wrote:
can you share your opinion on choosing lvl 60 axe ?
the one you use and the other axe that have chance to increase damage
which one is better ?  

I chose the green 60 axe because of the DoT that it can apply. It's 1950 Dps for 15 seconds on proc w/o any crits. Since def doesn't change the DoT value, it ended up being a more effective form of sustained damage than the Yellow 50.

The other 60 axe is a flat 3120 DMG proc which is not that much when you think about it. Bigger numbers look great and all but when it comes to bursting down a boss in a timed setting like Infernal Abyss, I found the DoT damage far more reliable than raw damage stat.

As far as which is better? Imo, the DoT damage since it's more reliable and will continue to deal damage even if you have to move away from the target(s).

Aura Kingdom: Ares the nab Rav/Katar from Siren |:

InanimateObject

Rank 3
InanimateObject
PostedFeb 02, 2014 12:32 am
Glad to see a guide on Rav/Sorc~ I really enjoy mine.
Making me excited to finally use that 60 axe...if I ever get off my butt and get the last level and a half I need so I can equip it. :'3

babymavz

Rank 0
PostedFeb 04, 2014 2:46 am

Re: Ravager/Sorcerer for Nubs

Like you and me... mostly me :c
EternalNyte wrote:
Let's talk briefly about Rav/Sorc and why it may or may not work for you.

Ravager on its own is a heavy hitting class that needs 0 extra points in SPD to fully utilize its skill set. This means that no matter which subclass you choose, your own skill set will always be available and is usually the most effective in all PVE situations.

Which leads to the question, "Which subclass should I choose?"

In my opinion, a Ravager should choose a more utility based subclass that:
1) Has useful applications
2) Has low cooldowns on the majority of skills
3) Has a weapon with a good and useful proc. (as Ravager is more an AoE class proc)

This brought me to Sorcerer Sub because of it's decent sustain and high amount of CC and overall party synergy.

Pros:

• High Crit/Crit Dmg
  • High overall Dmg (Reliable Dmg and Dmg stat)
  • Moderate AoE Damage
  • Reliable CC for PvP situations (Sleep totem and ranged Immobilize)
  • Decent Sustain from R&R, Devour Soul, Blood Seal, and Rejuv Mantra

Cons:

• Sorc Skills become useless if there is a sorc in your party that is your level -2 (aka 60 rav/sorc < 58 Sorc/?)
  • DoTs won't tick as fast because of low SPD stat
  • High Aggro gain from DoTs and natural high dmg and crits
    (I'm sure there are more but I'm tired and can't think)

Stat Build:
Offensive: Full Crit...fornow..

Defensive: Full def or Mix HP/Def.
Full Defense will keep the incoming damage much lower but your effective HP pool may not hold up against later content.
HP/Def will give you a much larger HP pool to work with but you will also take more damage from enemies.

My Nab Stats:

Proc stats are COMING EVENTUALLY! when I'm not lazy... >_>

Axe: As far as axe choice goes Zaahir, Giant Jordan, and the one shown below all work. With preference being Zaahir (if you have it) or the 60 green.

Book: Proc says it all, Crit/Crit damage for you and your allies. If you aren't 60 the 50 Yellow book is <3. However, if you find yourself running with another sorc or sorc sub, I'd recommend having a book with a different proc because it makes you just that much more useful.

Armor: Aria Set.. solazytoputimages jk igotthis... fear my nab armor .. kinda >_> only 2 pieces but I don't want too much space taken up. My set is all +9ed except the Coat which is +11.

Accessories: Comet Set. Naturally builds into a crit based class and has a hidden 10% Crit DMG bonus attached to it.

Trophies:

Envoy: Prickliness to afk farm, yes it's stupid but I end up having to afk a lot. Otherwise, Determination (the circled one >_>) since -15% crit damage taken is always good.

Masteries:

Tactical might change if you coordinate with your party and don't stack them.
General Skill might switch depending on your preference, I prefer DoT damage but some might choose the stun or even augment the Immobilize or lifesteal skill

Eidolon: Bel-Chandra or Uzuriel because of their Crit/Crit Dmg buff

Food: Any with Double/Triple Damage, the Crit/Crit DMG food or the Crit/+Dmg to flame
targets. (My personal pick is the double/triple damage food)

Drink: Personally I like any with +HP for a bit more survivability

Secret Stones: Golden w/ Destroyer Prefix (+6% Crit DMG) or Godly Prefix (+3% ACC)

Combat Log: EVENTUALLY! ....... iLazy  

Sir can you show me your pve rotation? im kinda having trouble with my rotation i just end up spamming skills :/

Maraiyachan

Rank 0
Maraiyachan
PostedFeb 08, 2014 9:34 pm
WOW! I wish this was uploaded back when I was lvl 40 and didn't know what class to choose! >.<

Maraiya-chan

AureliaOnalee

Rank 0
AureliaOnalee
PostedFeb 13, 2014 3:51 pm
I just got to lvl 40 and I chose Sorc to have the immobilization and distance Surprised Thanks for the guide!

AK in game name : Onalee