Maraiyachan

Rank 0
Maraiyachan
PostedJan 31, 2014 10:35 pm

Ravager/Sorcerer?

I'm think about choosing Sorcerer for the subclass? What do you guys think? Any benefits?
Advertisement

Kazeshirou

Rank 0
Kazeshirou
PostedFeb 01, 2014 1:37 am
I just started myself and was thinking of doing Ravager/Sorcerer as well. I tried looking for the guides here, but the ones I found had info deleted and then the following posts only confused me. ^^; I'd like to know about what to do for this build and how it'll work out too. =)

Desparae

Rank 3
Desparae
PostedFeb 01, 2014 2:20 am
I can't say much from personal experience, but I do have a guildmate that runs this subclass. From what he's told me, it complements ravager decently well in PvE and probably contributes to PvP pretty well too.

Basically, what ravagers need for PvE is utility skills and high single target dps. Sorc gives some nice single target damage for bosses, but only if your party doesn't have other sorcerers. You would mostly be using damage over time skills, so if there is another then you would lose out on a chunk of your dps. As for utility, it's one of the better choices out there. My guildie told me it really helps ravager with sustainability, which I image could be nice. Sorcerers are always annoying to face in PvP, and their skills pair decently well with ravager for fighting other ranged classes.

I would say choose this class if you care somewhat equally about PvP and PvE; if you just want to be a PvE monster, you are best suited with another class. That's just my two cents, though. Like I said, I haven't had much experience with sorc myself.

You can make anything a good class with gears and skill. Just do whatever is fun for you. (:

deshido

Rank 0
deshido
PostedFeb 01, 2014 11:37 am
I'm a Rav/Sorc o: I don't see too many going that route, most people go with Duelist as their subclass.

Reason I chose Sorc is more for PvP than PvE. Like the user above me said, if there is a main Sorc in the party your subclass will be rendered useless since their skills will overwrite yours and when you try to use any of your own sorc skills it will just say 'A more powerful version is already active' (something along those lines >-<)

Anyway for PvP, I went with Sorc first of all due to Ravagers being a melee class. I didn't feel like adding another melee subclass on top of it making it easy to kite me around all day. To add more specifics into why Sorc and not Wiz/Gren/Gunslinger, Ravagers have high base damage, making it easy to focus on crit and critdamage and Sorcerers DoT's can crit. A Ravager has 2 close up stuns and by going Sorc subclass I picked up a ranged immobilize and a sleeping totem for more CC upfront adding a few CC resources for those that do try to kite me around. All that sounds good right? But it gets better. As I said Ravs have high base damage and you can make them hurt extremely much by going crit/critdamage, if you go Sorcerer you get a skill called 'Demon Seal' which will make the target take more damage from attacks and will also lower their EVA , something most people stat into in PvP. You will do very high damage and pump your EVA stat yourself due to Sorc weapon giving EVA.

And the cherry on top is. YOU GET A HEAL! not only does it heal you over time, while you already have round and round absorbing HP as well as 2 sorc skills that recover/absorb hp based on damage dealt, it also cures a negative status and it makes you put a curse on your target which will do damage over time.

I don't regret my choice at all. :3

Kazeshirou

Rank 0
Kazeshirou
PostedFeb 06, 2014 10:09 pm
Glad to hear. =) I just got to the sorcerer sub-class today and so far I'm enjoying the build. It's making battles a lot more easier for me whenever I need to solo, and now that I'm doing more pvp, the debuffs help me turn the tide in a battle too. ^^

slayer03zidane

Rank 0
slayer03zidane
PostedFeb 21, 2014 11:25 pm
my experience as a Rave/Sorc Smile

combining Blood Seal (mini AoE) with Round and Round makes it easy to solo dungeons especially when there's so many mobs, and if you have increased heal received Very Happy (lifesteals about 300hp per hit "per monster" <3 and I think it can reach 500hp per hit)

improved Flame Impact debuffs target, which gives us a bonus of +15% crit rate to that target Very Happy (so investing a little on DMG might work with this instead of going pure CRIT)

Shadow Bolt ranged immobilize.. +spam with ranged spells (Demon Seal -EVA with DOT and additional DMG, Flame Impact, Mirror Axe -SPD, Flame Slash additional DOT, then use Souring Slash for the Final Blow)

Rejuvenate Mantra and Nightmare Totem is <3

Rave/Sorc is just <3 <3 <3 Very Happy

kael6593

Rank 0
kael6593
PostedFeb 27, 2014 11:20 am
As Subclass:
if we compare Sorc with gunslinger regarding PVP which is better?

Zheirg

Rank 0
PostedJun 19, 2014 1:33 am
slayer03zidane wrote:
my experience as a Rave/Sorc Smile

combining Blood Seal (mini AoE) with Round and Round makes it easy to solo dungeons especially when there's so many mobs, and if you have increased heal received Very Happy (lifesteals about 300hp per hit "per monster" <3 and I think it can reach 500hp per hit)

improved Flame Impact debuffs target, which gives us a bonus of +15% crit rate to that target Very Happy (so investing a little on DMG might work with this instead of going pure CRIT)

Shadow Bolt ranged immobilize.. +spam with ranged spells (Demon Seal -EVA with DOT and additional DMG, Flame Impact, Mirror Axe -SPD, Flame Slash additional DOT, then use Souring Slash for the Final Blow)

Rejuvenate Mantra and Nightmare Totem is <3

Rave/Sorc is just <3 <3 <3 Very Happy  

what is the skill rotation if you opponent is both range, their main and sub like wizard/sorc and vice versa??? thnx...

Kyodok

Rank 2
Kyodok
PostedJun 19, 2014 3:11 am
kael6593 wrote:
As Subclass:
if we compare Sorc with gunslinger regarding PVP which is better?  

IMO GS sub is decent against melee classes in PVP, if they are careless enough to step on your frost trap. Otherwise, it's pretty meh subclass because it doesn't offer any ranged CC and enemy can kite you for days.

atoll_0000

Rank 0
PostedJul 15, 2014 2:33 am
If you don't mind me necro'ing this, I'd also like to point out that a nocturnal grimore is more affordable in sorc for PVE. Reason being is that DoTs mostly rely on dmg pts invested(last I read) and you could go to port skandia and buy grimores until you get nocturnal. They're not as expensive(11s) and if you don't mind the downside of it being a low stat, no buff grimore then you could settle for it. Just in case there's another active sorc/sorcsub in a party or too poor to craft a nocturnal grimore for one's level.