Yoshizenmaru

Rank 0
PostedJan 31, 2014 3:10 pm

Bulletin Boards don't work

Some Bulletin Boards don't work for me at all. The only ones that work are the ones in Crescent Hill and Cactakara. This is NOT a reset issue, I've NEVER been able to do these Bulletins, ever.

http://i.imgur.com/0pUZryg.jpg

As you can see in this screenshot, the blue ! appears for the board on the map at top right, but the board itself doesn't have a ! over it and when I interact with the board there is no quest there.

Any help with this?
Advertisement

blackdeath101

GameSage: Forum
blackdeath101
PostedJan 31, 2014 3:49 pm
Time zone bug that is still being worked out. Daily quests are displayed based on your computer clock instead of the server time. Depending on your computer clock time, there will be times you are either seeing the next day's quests or the day before, so they will be uncompletable.

To see the currently active quests: exit the game, change your computer clock to EST (-5), and then log back in. Your daily quests will change to the currently active ones and you can complete them up to 6 am EST when they reset.

No ETA on a server-side fix though.

Yoshizenmaru

Rank 0
PostedJan 31, 2014 4:03 pm
blackdeath101 wrote:
Time zone bug that is still being worked out. Daily quests are displayed based on your computer clock instead of the server time. Depending on your computer clock time, there will be times you are either seeing the next day's quests or the day before, so they will be uncompletable.

To see the currently active quests: exit the game, change your computer clock to EST (-5), and then log back in. Your daily quests will change to the currently active ones and you can complete them up to 6 am EST when they reset.

No ETA on a server-side fix though.  

Did you read my post? It's not a reset/daily issue, I simply cannot do these quests at all. I've never done them, ever.

jesraele7

Rank 0
jesraele7
PostedFeb 01, 2014 12:00 am
Try pressing L and see under FAME quests, see if you have an open quest for the bulletin board and try abandoning it if you do

Yoshizenmaru

Rank 0
PostedFeb 01, 2014 2:43 am
jesraele7 wrote:
Try pressing L and see under FAME quests, see if you have an open quest for the bulletin board and try abandoning it if you do  

http://imgur.com/6qvBG53

The abandon button is greyed out, I can't click it

JellyyBella

Rank 0
JellyyBella
PostedFeb 01, 2014 3:49 am
I'm having this exact same problem o-o

Eric ;o;

jesraele7

Rank 0
jesraele7
PostedFeb 01, 2014 10:16 am
and I believe you have tried the change internet time? change settings to synchronize with internet time server?

because I would have all quest reset at 3am IGT, but I wouldn't be able to take the quest not after 2 hrs has passed, I don't know if its the game that's doing that or just our time..

blackdeath101

GameSage: Forum
blackdeath101
PostedFeb 01, 2014 10:32 am
To further explain the time server issue, there are set quests that can be done from 6am-6am EST. After that 6 am, a different set of quests takes over. Because of your time zone on your computer clock, it will show the active quests only during certain times (I can calculate those times for you if you give me your time zone). When not in those times, you are seeing either the day before quests, or the day after quests. The servers has limitations to prevent people from doing quests like that, so the system shows you they are there, but does not let you do them. Changing your computer clock to EST will force the system to show you the active day's quests only.

If that does not fix the issue, then we can progress further and look into other solutions. But judging by the 10 am and 10pm on your map time, I am pretty sure you outside of those time frames of being able to complete them.

Yoshizenmaru

Rank 0
PostedFeb 01, 2014 1:17 pm
^Okay this worked. I was skeptical because I play a lot of various times throughout the day and thought it unlikely it was the time zone affecting me all day long. Thanks a lot!

nugar1

Rank 0
PostedFeb 03, 2014 5:43 pm
I've reset my system clock and zone to US EST (-5) and nothing on the bulletin board for the duration of gaming, it never resets and there's no quests bar the treasure hunt one. So not too sure just what's going on with the bulletin board.