remake

Rank 0
PostedJan 30, 2014 12:09 pm

The Best PvE Ravager Build

is a Ravager/Grenadier...why are people trying to make such bad guides for Ravagers?

The reasons why a Ravager/Grenadier is the best class combo you can do now is because:

Stats
1. Put all your points into DMG
2. Put all your other points into DEF, EVA, or HP. It wont matter.

Skills
Flame Slash(20% dmg increase mod) - Damage Over Time Skill #1
Mirrored Axe - 30% Move SPD slow
Cannon Salvo(8% def decrease mod or DoT mod) - 2 Second Stun
Fiery Cannon - Damage Over Time Skill #3
Break Defense - 10% def decrease
Suppressing Fire - Wear +3 skills on Garment, Accessories, and Costume to buff yourself then swap out to Zaahir yellows to get +68% increase with Flame skills.

Envoy
Pyromaniac - DMG of Flame skills +10%
Crit stat and DMG(don't get crit rate)
DMG stuff

Equips
DMG stuff

You will hit like a truck on bosses and since you're investing all your stats into DMG, your damage over time skills will be extremely powerful later on. Not to manage these things can crit. You will hover around 50% crit rate and 300% crit damage.
Advertisement

draketai6

Founder: Dragomon Hunter
draketai6
PostedJan 30, 2014 12:14 pm
I'm going to take a wild guess and assume you play a Ravager/Grenadier.

It's ironic how you call everyone else's guide bad, yet yours right here doesn't quite make the cut, if not pathetic.

I'm not saying your combo is bad but I'd like to see a little bit of analytics, rather than just listing skills and what they do...because we all already know those things.

remake

Rank 0
PostedJan 30, 2014 12:21 pm
draketai6 wrote:
I'm going to take a wild guess and assume you play a Ravager/Grenadier.

It's ironic how you call everyone else's guide bad, yet yours right here doesn't quite make the cut, if not pathetic.

I'm not saying your combo is bad but I'd like to see a little bit of analytics, rather than just listing skills and what they do...because we all already know those things.  

Don't think so. Have you seen the "Vanquisher" guide? It's like everyone in there including the OP is trying to play make a kirito when the duelist class is junk already. You take the the weakness of a Ravager and you add a class that amplifies that and you get a so called Vanquisher.

I'm not looking to make a guide. I'm just putting it out there that the best PvE subclass available for the Ravager is Grenadier. When I was still a noob I chose Duelist as a subclass and it made me 400g poorer having to buy a reset scroll.

Anyways, the reason why going pure DMG is better for PvE is because there's no limit to how much DMG you can get. Most instances you will be a few levels higher than the recommended, so having a lot of useless points into crit can be bad. Not to mention, with no points into Crit, you will have maxed out crit damage already. Your crit rate will inevitable be less, but it wont matter as much.

Having a lot of decrease defense skills will help party instances tremendously as well.

rexzshadow

Rank 2
PostedJan 30, 2014 1:07 pm
You won't get past 30-40% crit w/o points in crit so shows how much you even know about the game.
And its already been proven crit build does more dmg than dmg build period. So your just wrong.

Desparae

Rank 5
Desparae
PostedJan 30, 2014 2:24 pm
First of all, you come across as a bit too arrogant for me to really consider much of what you're saying. If you have something to contribute, do it in a logical, thoughtful, and considerate way so that people aren't turned off by your post. There is no right way to build a class. Maybe you have a different way of playing that you would like to share with others. But don't discredit other peoples' ideas or opinions.

That aside, I don't fully agree with you. Grenadier is certainly both a good PvE and PvP choice for ravager, but I think Gunslinger outshines it in the PvE aspect. Ravagers don't need any help on the AoE mob clearing side of PvE, so the thing they best gain from is high single target damage. Gunslingers provide this with fast, hard hitting attacks and traps that work perfectly on melee classes against bosses. You have a build that involves increasing the damage of your DoT skills. But whether or not straight damage/increased flame damage outshines critical hits is another, tougher question. I would say that if you don't have the speed investment to make your DoTs tick at 0.7-0.8 seconds, then it's not worth it.

I also have a problem with your build. More specifically, the lack of -10% defense on round and round. This is one of a ravager's best assets to a dungeon party, since it boosts everyone's damage. On top of that, it affects every mob you touch with it. Taking this away for a bit of a damage boost to your own skill doesn't actually increase party damage.

In my honest opinion, the only class that should be building flame damage is Wizard. It takes too much sacrifice for ravagers to go full damage, get flame damage envoy, and use damage equips instead of crit. You say you should hover around 50% and 300% rate/damage. Not only is 50% critical rate low, but I don't think you even have that much with this build. Especially considering the Flame jewelry set has no crit. Don't forget that actual end game content will be closer to our level, we won't always be killing bosses 5-10 levels below us. Also, I don't know how you plan to get 300% crit damage.

Your build is certainly unique, and pretty cool, but I don't think you should be bashing other players, or saying your build is the best, when there are so many factors that you haven't tested and some clear flaws with your choices.

rexzshadow

Rank 2
PostedJan 30, 2014 2:32 pm
Let me add the fact that Gren only aoe is 36s CD on sub, thats near worthless coz the CD is so long. And as stated above you don't have SPD so your tick for DoT will be slow thus not worth it. Also none of your DoTs even stack so they aren't even that great good dots like duelist who can stack their dots 5x.

Better off going wiz sub than Gren sub since Wiz sub will give you a root as well as a dash stun and a heal.

Desparae

Rank 5
Desparae
PostedJan 30, 2014 2:43 pm
rexzshadow wrote:
Let me add the fact that Gren only aoe is 36s CD on sub, thats near worthless coz the CD is so long. And as stated above you don't have SPD so your tick for DoT will be slow thus not worth it. Also none of your DoTs even stack so they aren't even that great good dots like duelist who can stack their dots 5x.

Better off going wiz sub than Gren sub since Wiz sub will give you a root as well as a dash stun and a heal.  

Well, to be honest, Grenadier doesn't really have any AoEs at all. They only reach 2 meters, so they only hit a few enemies at best. I guess my point was more that in PvE, ravagers benefit most from greater single target DPS. Which grenadier does have a decent amount of, I just think it's more useful as a utility class rather than pure single damage. Imo slingers/kiritos are better for this role, strictly speaking in PvE, with slingers having the advantage of being able to maneuver further away from the boss at times while still retaining damage output.

In my eyes, the reason you would choose Grenadier is to be deadly in PvP, while still retaining much of your usefulness in PvE. Which is why I chose it.

remake

Rank 0
PostedJan 30, 2014 2:46 pm
rexzshadow wrote:
You won't get past 30-40% crit w/o points in crit so shows how much you even know about the game.
And its already been proven crit build does more dmg than dmg build period. So your just wrong.  

Huh? I'm already at +50% crit rate without any points in Crit. What are you even writing?

It seems like a lot of people are misinterpreting that thread . Crit build does more dmg than dmg build IF you can't get max crit without crit points. If you can have high Crit rate/DMG without any points into crit, you put points into DMG.

Who know what about what now?

rexzshadow

Rank 2
PostedJan 30, 2014 2:50 pm
I forgot about the gren crit buff, but your still going to be only hoving around 50% while crit build will be at 70-80% w/o crit buff and higher w/ a gren in the party. They will out dmg you, the math has already been done, now let me go find that thread.

remake

Rank 0
PostedJan 30, 2014 2:53 pm
rexzshadow wrote:
w/ a gren in the party  

Okay.