lionstaring

EOS Founder
lionstaring
PostedJan 29, 2014 3:53 pm   Last edited by lionstaring on Feb 28, 2014 9:44 am. Edited 30 times in total

[GUIDE] Wizard/Sorcerer: The Ultimate Glass Cannon

This guide is no longer up to date! It can only really get you through lv60 but not beyond that.
This guide will not be updated anymore! For any further guidance please read a guide for my new character Wizard/Gunslinger: http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=2187533

Hello there, Jordan here! I am going to bring you my experience with Aura Kingdom's ultimate glass cannon: Wizard class!

After spending a considerably amount of time in this game, I finally think I have enough experience to share what I know and what I've learned with you guys Smile

If I made any mistakes, please do not hesitate to tell me! I am still learning as well.

And without further adieu, enjoy my guide!

If you have any questions, feel free to message me in game!
Server: Chimera
IGN: MarieIIe (with 2 i's)

If you have any question or concerns please feel free to reply a post here or ask me in game.

P.S. Majestic me Smile

What to consider before making the Wizard class:

As you can see how I mentioned the word "Glass Cannon" several times, you probably would of guessed that Wizard isn't a class where you charge head strong into monsters. There is a lot of running around and staying far away from the monster (PVE) or people (PVP). And most of the time when you catches others attention (usually monsters are easy, but in PVP if other people spot you, you might as well just put down your mouse).
But on the up side, Wizard is extremely capable at dealing damage. It's incredible skills can really hurt your opponent (if they don't try to kill you first).

The reason I picked Sorcerer as a subclass is because to utilize it's DoT (damage over time) skills in combat. Since I do not have much of a healing problem when it comes to PVE, I went with damage output. At the same time, DoT is able to CRIT in this game, which makes sorcerer subclass a even better choice. And what make sorcerer such a great choice is NIGHTMARE TOTEM. It is such a godly skill in PVE or PVP. It saves lives, my life XD. Other than that, feel free to choose other class, as that CRIT wizard isn't like SPD wizard who might need gunsliner's SPD buff. Honestly, I can't really tell the difference if Sorcerer subclass really makes my dps more (we need that dps meter things). Just pick whatever you want and have fun with it!

Stat Distribution:

(without Eidolon)

Offensive Stats:

CRIT/DMG: Aura Kingdom has an interesting stats and gear system that actually make players life a lot easier. Essentially, your gear adds a significant amount of critical already. So going for pure CRIT really isn't necessary. In my opinion, I get my critical rate up to around 65-70%, then I am going to add all of it into damage. I believe that additional critical rate really doesn't make much of a difference. What is important about this build is that you have to pump up your critical damage, I will talk more about this later.

SPD: This build is the ultimate PVE build. It makes your life really easy just by spamming that 1.8 second meteor (if you have 50% SPD that is). Essentially what you do is you pump all the stats into SPD until you can reach 50% SPD with buff and food, then add the rest to CRIT (since you can spam meteor that fast, having burst damage is more ideal). So far I have not tested SPD cap for DoT. I'm not sure how much more output I can do with that. But as far as I can tell, DoT gives 1 second per tick normally. Having faster and faster DoT isn't all that necessary (Ex. 1 second decreased to 0.7 second). I believe I am better off just adding them into DMG or CRIT

Defensive Stats:

DEF: The reason I put DEF first is because this is probably the most important stats of the game. more DEF gives you more chances to survive. Especially for a class like wizard. I would recommend not just wizard class but all class (unless you are going only PVP or you are class such as duelist or maybe guardian, then look to the EVA section), because more of this stat make you less likely to die in any situation. But you really should avoid being hit, that's the most important. The cap for DEF is 75%, so there is no point of adding more than that if you hit that point.

HP: In my opinion, this is the secondary defensive stats in the game. I would only recommend having this if you already have 75% DEF or somewhat close to that.

EVA: This is the ultimate PVP stats. It's not that it has no uses in PVE, it's just that usually having higher DEF and HP will give you more chances to survive. The cap for this stats is 95%. So there is a 5% chance for you to get hit. But at the same time, when you do get hit, you will most likely get OHKO. But if for some reason you have the ability to excel in DEF and HP stats, by all means 95% EVA will make you so godly Surprised

Skills Distribution:

Envoy:

As a CRIT wizard, I pumped all my skills into the ones that adds either CRIT, DMG, or CRIT DMG. Pretty basic. What you really have to watch out for is the skills that decreases 35% of meteor's cooldown, and another skill that adds the range of your skills (basically making all your skills into a super mini aoe). My next goal is to test out Void Storm

Masteries:

There's really nothing I can say with these skills. They are all pretty basic.
Some notable points are:

- I use the one that makes the opponent decrease DEF when hit by STORM CURSE, because that helps out my overall dps as well as my teammate's dps more in my opinion.

- I will switch to the mastery that makes fireball stun during PVP.

- I use the 1% (or 2% with the green one) DMG into DEF because I believe survivality is important as well.

Gears:

One of the most important aspect of any MMO. I will be sharing with you guys all of my equipment. I honestly don't see any reason why I can't share them. (I'm looking at your, people who turn off equip view)

Weapons:

Main Weapon

This is a pretty basic lv50 weapon that people invest in. Make sure to get a 130%+ weapon. That essentially will be better till the lv60 weapons. And since there are many contents yet to be released, lv50-60 is a tedious journey. By the time you reach there you will probably have enough to get yourself a new weapon. Enhance this as much as possible. (Ignore the transform part, I was just having fun lol)

Subclass Weapon

Sometimes I cannot stress this enough- Nocturnal, Nocturnal, Nocturnal! This effect (3% damage heals your health) is essentially what makes wizard able to solo those pesky party/Hard levels. Imagine when your are luring a horde of monsters. When you are low on health, all you have to do is shoot a meteor into the crowd and BAM, your back to full health again. If you cannot afford an orange one, get a blue one. In my opinion this is much better than the green and lv50 gold weapon.

Gears:

I pretty much gear myself with all DMG/CRIT gears. Nothing out of the ordinary. As a glass cannon, this is what my job is.

Accessories:

I believe there is nothing else to be said here as well. Comet set. If you don't have enough money, use ones that adds DMG and CRIT. Pretty basic. (Comet set adds 10% CRIT DMG which isn't displayed on the gear)

Trophy:

I have several Trophies that I switch around depending on my situation

Have on all times:

This is probably one of the best trophy for a CRIT class. It's stats is simply superb. I have it on at all times.

Dealing with Horde of monsters (AKA: when luring)

Since it has a 4% chance of giving me 20% CRIT DMG, it makes it really nice when dealing with a ton of monsters.

Facing Boss

The reason why I use this while I'm facing a boss is because the cap for CRIT DMG is 300%. Since my normal CRIT DMG+BOSS CRIT DMG adds up to 296% (and with buff over 300%), I use this one to pump more DMG and CRIT into my stats.

PVP

You might think it's funny I still use this trophy. But at the point where you are facing other players in PVP, you cannot really rely on the 4% activation rate for Argus Heart. Thus, I use this one, which gives me a much consistent damage.

Costumes:

Only really invest into costume items if you have the gold to do so. Most of the time it is better to get better equipment in game than the costume items

- Hat: +2% HP, pretty much basic. I haven't seen that many +% boss dmg around, so i put the elite ones for now (you are able to overlap any new cards on to the old one, but the old effect will disappear). Elite ones is actually pretty good as well. Not only are the silver crowned monster elite, but any monster when you hover over the right of their HP bar usually on top of your screen, if it says Elite Monster, they are Elite.

- Clothing: This is the one you get from the lv48-ish quest? I think. I just really liked the appearance. Later on i found a DMG+2% once, which probably will be better in my case. Adding meteor +3 really increase my meteor output.

Secret Stones:

As a CRIT wizard, getting as much CRIT DMG is very important for me. From my gears, you can see all of them +6 CRIT DMG. For those of you that are new to this game, the prefix for secret stone gives a different effect to your basic stats. I use all of my "Destroying" which gives me +6% CRIT DMG. With everything +6%, it gives me a significant amount of 42% CRIT DMG added into my stats. For more information, please go to http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=2143069

(One word of advice, do not buy secret stones from Auction House or other players. The stones are often over priced. It is better to go to the Master (insert your class name) npc at the north east corner of Navea, and gamble your way into getting the stone that your want. Each stone usually costs less than 10g to get to the prefix you want if your are REALLY UNLUCKY. Many times it took me 2-3g)

Skills

I think everyone has their own way of using their skills. This is specifically my way of using the skills.

Wizard Skills

Fire Ball
This is the fastest CD wizard skill. With the mastery that stuns your enemy, it is one of the skill that I use the most besides meteor.

Icy Curse
Not only does this skill slows the movement speed of your target, but when it combines with the mastery skill, it gives your target DoT as well. I take it off for stun fireball during PVP. It is widely used with other DoT skills during PVE.

Ice Storm
AOE that stops target from moving, enough said. During PVE it is mostly just another AOE skill I use. During PVP, it is a nice skill to stop the opponent from moving, then slam them with meteor.

Rejuvenating Prayer
One and only heal skill that wizard has. It is nice when your pot has cool down and no other healer is preset (it's more of a panic heal for me lol). I need to note that it adds 25% dmg toward fire, ice, wind, and electric type enemies. I've never tested how much more it appears in my DMG numbers, but each character's element is base off of the armor they have. So it is useful in its own sense.

Storm Curse
The second most strongest skill of wizard, with the downside of moving SUPER slow. Combine with mastery skill I am able to -10% DEF on my enemy. A nice touch to my teammates and myself.

Meteor Shot
The strongest skill that wizard has. Not only is it an AOE, but also deals consistent damage after the initial damage. I use this very often. In PVP, it is a very nice skill as I am usually able to shove 50-60% HP off of class that isn't guardian or bard.

Instant Thunder
It's a skill that stuns target, but brings you directly in front of your enemy. You really have to watch out when to use this skill. But if used correctly, it can even avoid boss AOE. With the envoy skill that +2 Range, it can stun the enemy surrounding your target. The size is quiet big actually.

Energy Conflux
Wizard buff skills that adds 20% CRIT DMG into surrounding party members and yourself, at a cost of 1g and 400-ish silver (from the item you buy from traveling merchant or guild hall grocer). I use this a lot when I go PVP or stronger dungeons like Inferno Abyss. Otherwise I avoid using it because it can be costly

Sorcerer Skills

Soul Draw
Sorcerer Life steal skill. Use it when low on health.

Demon Seal
Sorcerer primary DoT skill. It can become a multi-target move if the monsters overlap each other. Unlike sorcerer, it cannot be stacked. But it is still good to increase your DPS. (reduce EVA)

Shadow Bolt
Stop enemy from movie. I don't really use this all that much since I have Ice Storm...
Edit: Suggested from Yusakuu, it also does mini-aoe like the other sorcerer skills. Combines with the master -% dmg, it makes it a good skill for survival.

Blood Steal
Sorcerer's other DoT skill that also steals life. The life that it restores isn't all that much. I mainly use it to put more DoT on my enemy. (reduce CRIT)

Rejuvenation Mantra
Sorcerer party heal skill. It really doesn't heal all that much. I use it every once in a while to heal my eidolon. Other than that, not much use.

Flame Impact
Sorcerer's damage skill that isn't DoT (I guess more of an AOE but only does one line damage). With all the wizard skills I have, I barely touch this. I use it sometimes when I run out of skills to click on.

Nightmare Totem
The most important reason why I am a sorcerer subclass. This skill puts your opponent into sleep while you viciously slam all the attack you have on them. I do have to note that the skill doesn't happen right away. Essentially you summon a purple totem, and base on where the totem is placed it puts people to sleep around that totem. I sometimes combo it with instant thunder. Rush stun > Nightmare > Meteor+run away XDDD

Powerful Strike Mantra
Don't use it, it sucks. Wizard buff skill is much better even if you are not a CRIT wizard.

I will test out the Staff/Book combo skills in the future and make a video about it. Please stay tuned Smile

Source: http://www.aeriagames.com/wiki/index.php?game=aurakingdom

Eidolon

The Best Eidolon for this type of wizard (or actually any type of wizard in general) is Bel-Chandra. She has a skill that adds CRIT and 20% CRIT DMG, which makes your damage even higher.

Other than that I use Sigrun most of the time when I lure, because her skill of reflect and healing really makes my life easier.

These are the 2 most used Eidolon I have.

Uzerial also has the same buff skill as Bel-Chandra. Still in the process of getting her key Smile

Actual Gameplay

Solo Gydaie Glen (Hard Mode)

GG Hard mode is rather easy at this point (lv57). Just make sure you are always running and watch out for your HP. I am still in the process of learning jump casting. Essentially it gives you the ability to cast your skills while on the run. A nifty trick for a squishy class like wizard. If any of you have any tricks and tips, please share them with me Smile

Solo Miner Steppe (Party Mode) Part 1
Solo Miner Steppe (Party Mode) Part 2

I was half way through recording when I realized the free version of Bandicam only gives me 10 minutes lol. So it has to be split into 2. This dungeon is easy as well. You can see how useful the Nocturnal weapon is.

Wizard/Sorcerer PVP Arena

One of the PVPs I've done. I made a lot of mistakes in this video lol. I forgot to put on stun fireball till mid-game, and I made a lot of bad decisions. But overall it still wasn't too bad. Props to our healer, he saved me so many times. There was even one point I OHKO'd a player XD. I try mostly target DPS class unless there are no more target. They are generally easier to kill, and focusing on tank and healer just isn't worth my time. As a wizard running away is important. Don't ever try to rush into a heated battle (As you can see that didn't work out for me many times). Whenever a close ranged class starts attacking you, there really isn't much you can do. Unless one of your teammates is helping you or you kill the close ranged player faster than he kills you, you will pretty much die. Sometimes you can get away with it by immediately instant thunder, nightmare totem, or icy storm that player. Also always move your camera around to look for potential players targeting you. Act fast and stun them immediately and kill them as fast as you can.

Conclusion
Wizard has been working out for me so far. Though dying can be a problem from time to time, dealing a ton of damage is fun as well.

This is me having fun at low level monster haha. For some reason I couldn't get Bel-Chandra's buff to work. She refuses to listen to me lol.

PVP isn't so bad either. Just have to avoid being targeted at all time. Your job really is to just kill off other dps classes, they are usually much easier to kill than guardian or bard. I believe it is better to kill many dps classes during arena. Focusing on tank or healer is just going to make your life harder. (But word of suggestion, use DoT to kill them)

Advertisement
I would like to advertise a little of the guild I am in: Vedic . We are a lv5 guild in Chimera server. We still need more active members to join our guild! We do daily eidolon as well as the weekend summon. Please message me, BigDaddy, Princesse, xShiroe, Pinkugey, DraciaValent or Silenced for any further question you have!!

[url]
Advertisement

HonorLives

Rank 1
HonorLives
PostedJan 29, 2014 4:55 pm
Excellent guide! A few pieces of constructive criticism though. Comment on the sorc subclass and it's skills. It has tons of dot and utility. Also did you test getting atleast 30 % speed to cap HoT and DoT times? Your DoT activates faster with speed. I noticed 50 % is crit filled anyway.

Other wise great guide, definitely recommend this.

lionstaring

EOS Founder
lionstaring
PostedJan 29, 2014 5:03 pm
HonorLives wrote:
Excellent guide! A few pieces of constructive criticism though. Comment on the sorc subclass and it's skills. It has tons of dot and utility. Also did you test getting atleast 30 % speed to cap HoT and DoT times? Your DoT activates faster with speed. I noticed 50 % is crit filled anyway.

Other wise great guide, definitely recommend this.  

Thank you, I will definitely add those into my guide!

Satellier

Rank 1
Satellier
PostedJan 29, 2014 5:08 pm
Been there, made this

EVA is useless for anything, using EVA build will only result in many, many painful deaths.

Hydra Server: Drear/Dismal

Labbit.S2

Rank 2
Labbit.S2
PostedJan 29, 2014 5:15 pm
Satellier wrote:
EVA is useless for anything, using EVA build will only result in many, many painful deaths.  

From my understanding and what I've heard from people who run eva builds, eva is only useless in PvE but is pretty worthwhile in PvP since not many people are building accuracy yet. I don't play a wizard/sorcerer though so I just mean in general.

Satellier

Rank 1
Satellier
PostedJan 29, 2014 5:20 pm
Its good against nubs xD
Try using in the 60 arena, different story
Also as the game goes people only get more and more accuracy

Hydra Server: Drear/Dismal

Labbit.S2

Rank 2
Labbit.S2
PostedJan 29, 2014 7:30 pm
I don't run an eva build and am not 60 yet. xD But yeah, I can see people getting more accuracy as the game progresses. For now it's viable though and the reset for stat points isn't super pricey.

Mythyc

Rank 5
Mythyc
PostedJan 29, 2014 9:20 pm
EVA is fine in PvE. But only if you do the solo dungeon instances (or normal maps). It's completely worthless for party mode/Hard mode since those monsters have buffed ACC stats.

Two points that I'd like to bring up on this guide:

- Combo skills: are any other them worth it? PvE, or PvP wise. I've never actually bothered to get them because everone tells me they are crap for PvE, but I hear they give invulnerability for a few seconds while casting (good for PvP, and maybe last-second dodging AoE attacks in PvE too? idk)

- You mention nocturnal cores being the reason you can solo party mode/Hard mode instances. However, the description clearly states that it recovers 3% of damage taken, not damage dealt, essentially making these useless for a wizard (squish + recover when squished doesn't sound too awesome). Is that a typo?

lionstaring

EOS Founder
lionstaring
PostedJan 29, 2014 11:06 pm
Mythyc wrote:
EVA is fine in PvE. But only if you do the solo dungeon instances (or normal maps). It's completely worthless for party mode/Hard mode since those monsters have buffed ACC stats.

Two points that I'd like to bring up on this guide:

- Combo skills: are any other them worth it? PvE, or PvP wise. I've never actually bothered to get them because everone tells me they are crap for PvE, but I hear they give invulnerability for a few seconds while casting (good for PvP, and maybe last-second dodging AoE attacks in PvE too? idk)

- You mention nocturnal cores being the reason you can solo party mode/Hard mode instances. However, the description clearly states that it recovers 3% of damage taken, not damage dealt, essentially making these useless for a wizard (squish + recover when squished doesn't sound too awesome). Is that a typo?  

- As far as combo skills go, I can't really give you a clear answer as I have never added any points into those skills. As of now I am doing rather well in PVE nor PVP without those skills. But I will reset my envoy just to test them out in the future.

- Yes, it is a typo in game. Or rather, it might be the damage "monsters have taken" that recovers your HP. I have uploaded a couple of new videos, and you can see how the nocturnal weapon works.

jerardpedro

Rank 0
PostedJan 30, 2014 12:16 am
what yu guys prefer for wiz/sor? pump crit first or spd?
i prefer a pure damage wiz/sor, & i found out that it is more better to have crit over damage...