animagisity

Rank 3
animagisity
PostedJan 29, 2014 1:19 am   Last edited by animagisity on Jan 29, 2014 1:22 am. Edited 1 time in total

How to not choose a sub-class?

Ok... run into a problem here.

I was told by many people in game and saw on forum that said you doesn't need to choose a 2nd class to keep on playing the game and doing quests.

However... I did get the quest to continue, but the choose a class window is still there on my screen and can't be removed.

Nor is there any sort of way to abandon the sub-class quest...

so... how did people not choose a sub-class to continue with the game?

or are you forced to get a sub-class than having to spend 6000 LP to reset it later?

Cause I was originally going to pair my Duelist with Katar, which is suppose to be the next newest class.
Advertisement

purewater100pc

Rank 1
purewater100pc
PostedJan 29, 2014 1:21 am
i think you have to stop ur storyline *pause ur storyline* and just lvl with dgn

animagisity

Rank 3
animagisity
PostedJan 29, 2014 1:23 am
purewater100pc wrote:
i think you have to stop ur storyline *pause ur storyline* and just lvl with dgn  

well, problem now is... no one told me that.

everyone I met told me you could continue the game without choosing a 2nd class...

in which I did, and get the next maps quest... which in turn also gave me 2nd class quest window.

which now I can't get rid of it and taking up bunch of screen space.... this seems quite stupid...

gulhipejdude

Rank 1
gulhipejdude
PostedJan 29, 2014 1:25 am
animagisity wrote:
purewater100pc wrote:

well, problem now is... no one told me that.

everyone I met told me you could continue the game without choosing a 2nd class...

in which I did, and get the next maps quest... which in turn also gave me 2nd class quest window.

which now I can't get rid of it and taking up bunch of screen space.... this seems quite stupid...  

Well they weren't wrong. You can technically continue the game without choosing the 2nd class o.o

noble.blizzaja

Rank 3
noble.blizzaja
PostedJan 29, 2014 1:26 am
Yeah you're not supposed to continue with that quest. It's a little less than 6k LP and not too hard to farm if you do all your daily achievements and Hard mode runs.

animagisity

Rank 3
animagisity
PostedJan 29, 2014 1:29 am
feels like I have to ticket a thousand times to try and get Aeria to fix this...

either roll back my character to before I obtained the quest or just let me abandon the quest and can choose it later instead...

Yeah you're not supposed to continue with that quest. It's a little less than 6k LP and not too hard to farm if you do all your daily achievements and Hard mode runs.  

I barely have 4000 LP right now... and that's with every single achievement done.

And as said in other threads, I only get 200~250 max a day.
(because I don't play this game for more than 6 hours a day, sometimes only up to 4 hours)
(doing the dailies takes me 3 hours already... rarely have time to find groups to do dungeons)

So what? I am going to have to wait 20~30 days before I could restart playing this character?

no... I am trying to save my LP for Eidolon frag and Costumes... which also cost 5000+ LP

That'll take me 3 month to get if I spend it right now on thing I do not need...

DarylValentine

Rank 2
DarylValentine
PostedJan 29, 2014 1:32 am
animagisity wrote:
I barely have 4000 LP right now... and that's with every single achievement done.

So what? I am going to have to wait 20~30 days before I could restart playing this character?  

Once you hit Lv50 and start running Otherworld: Skandia, you'll be rolling in LP like nothing else, trust me.

GS_Raphael - Ranger/Gunslinger - Lv5X - Inspire - Hydra

animagisity

Rank 3
animagisity
PostedJan 29, 2014 1:35 am
DarylValentine wrote:
animagisity wrote:

Once you hit Lv50 and start running Otherworld: Skandia, you'll be rolling in LP like nothing else, trust me.  

as said, I rarely have time to find groups...

I have been 50+ on my main for 4 days now, and I haven't done any Otherworld runs yet...

O well... guess I'll have to gimp myself here and just use this character as a mule.

(going to sleep now, hope there will be a solution tomorrow)

Alpha715

Rank 0
PostedJan 29, 2014 3:21 am

Re: How to not choose a sub-class?

animagisity wrote:
Ok... run into a problem here.

I was told by many people in game and saw on forum that said you doesn't need to choose a 2nd class to keep on playing the game and doing quests.

However... I did get the quest to continue, but the choose a class window is still there on my screen and can't be removed.

Nor is there any sort of way to abandon the sub-class quest...

so... how did people not choose a sub-class to continue with the game?

or are you forced to get a sub-class than having to spend 6000 LP to reset it later?

Cause I was originally going to pair my Duelist with Katar, which is suppose to be the next newest class.  

I had that problem too but then i had to pick it cause the window keeps poping out. Just think about it jeez, you can level up to 40 in just a day! all achievements are saved on account so no need to redo it again. if fragments or those cannot be traded item, they can be easily transfer via share warehouse and honestly, if you like katar it is better to use it as main class than just a sub imo.

putdiagyuri

Rank 0
putdiagyuri
PostedJan 29, 2014 3:27 am
Can anyone confirm this?

Today I went to JP server (sightseeing again) and try out the Archer (Arks) Class. Then I have seen that I have 5 character slot. I can't remember that did JP server have 5 slot to begin with, or they just added another slot when the new class come.

I just want to make sure. That we'll have increase in Chars slot when new class come too...